Firebrand Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Forgot to say that when you are done with the tomes you will have >10 might and dodge roll heals you and allies for >1200hp.

we dont know how much better scaling ToR will have with healing power but if you apply those 10 aegis correct, no over write, and doge roll 3 times you will have at least 14400 heals on you, add in ToR skills and triggering a water field 20k heals in a very short time frame isnt unrealisitic. It will not be on par with druid/tempest over time but as burst healer i cant see none of those match the numbers tbh.

But, and it is a big but, i have not played tempest and druid that much and might be doing it wrong.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @PacoXI.7690 said:

> Leaking at why the Scourge received some nerfs I don't under why Firebrand received buffs.

You might be in the wrong forum tbh. Scourge is a necro elite.

If you dont understand why they reduced casting/cd on tomes and fixed mantras so they actually MIGHT work then you have not played FB in pvp and wvw, it might even be so that it is not enough, since FB lack bubbles and have the worst mobility in the game. If you want to play full blown support i suspect you have to expect more buffs tbh.

> @Doomdesire.9365 said:

> 120 radius is way too small to be useful in pvp or wvw. Should just get rid of the cone and make it 240 radius. Here's how close you would have to stand next to someone in order to hit them with the radius.

>

> https://i.imgur.com/btdFVbR.jpg

Yeah I have to agree, until the cone range is 600 and radius 300, MANTRAS will find it difficult to compete with SHOUTS.

But overall positive changes and thanks should go to the skills and balance for listening to the community feedback back on both tomes and mantras.

In a way I feel like the change to Legendary Lore would be a step backwards. It was perhaps the biggest reason I was stoked to be playing the Firebrand.

If this change goes in to the live version on patch day. Can I make the one request that the 4 seconds of ageis be applied to all the Tome of Courage skills. As it already has been reduced in duration. Then monitor its performance and go from their, I kindly ask for this consideration.

Or revert back to the original legendary lore trait but just add protection to it.

i still don't understand why tome have a cast time if the skill tomes have cast time and some have even an aftercast... heal firebrand atm is useless , druid is a lot more rapid can heal even far targhet (instead firebrand can heal only near targhet unless you take merciful intervention) and can give some very good dps buffs... mantra are still clunky and stupid , 120 radius is nothing we need something like 3xx or they will be a poor verson of shout....

the combat of guild wars 2 is all about fast action , reactivity and movement and atm firebrand lack in every aspect

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

>

> In a way I feel like the change to Legendary Lore would be a step backwards. It was perhaps the biggest reason I was stoked to be playing the Firebrand.

>

> If this change goes in to the live version on patch day. Can I make the one request that the 4 seconds of ageis be applied to all the Tome of Courage skills. As it already has been reduced in duration. Then monitor its performance and go from their, I kindly ask for this consideration.

>

> Or revert back to the original legendary lore trait but just add protection to it.

>

Read the notes again.

Skill 1 and 5 (or 4 dont remember( in ToC now applies aegis in addition to the previous boons. So without traiting Legendary Lore you can still spam aegis with 1. This means that you can use skill 2,3 and 4 (5).

I actually think its a buff that not all skills have aegis and but i have access to it and dont need to use traits for it.

So basically what they did was that the improved Legendary Lore with protection (which is the most important boon imo for a frontliner) and you got to keep the aegis spamming.

Do you still want to revert Legendary Lore?

The change above is a L2P change but 100% a buff.

Also I'm surprised at how the cast time is still being pointed out. 0.5 is really short of a cast time imo...

Mantras I feel were introduced to cover 1 utility slot, 2 at most, and maybe the heal/elite. With their small use I think they're good in their current state. Kinda like Glyphs from Druid.

Overall this is very exciting and promising! Looking forward to be playing firebrand soon. =)

Brutaly

You must be happy the ToJ justice only was a display bug ;)

Sometimes people do forget to look at changes as a overall picture, i almost did same thing with that legendary lore change. New legendary lore + changes to skill 1 and 5 of courage, is more or less same as before with added benefit of up to 25sec(37sec with 8 pages) of proctection. Add in alot of overall aegis. This is now a very defensive support.

Firebrand can now with boon duration keep up quickness, protection, swiftness and regen 100%, same time you will also be throwing out Ashes of the just from tome of justice and quickfire, so nice dps boost on top(Amount dps on if you hit condi classes)

And last add in heals from tome of resolve, utilities, Aegis healing, dodge healing, symbol healing and whatever i missed (no idea on healing runes and sigils). Those 3 thigns toegether is making firebrand sound like a good frontline support.

Now time for me to get play around with GW2skills and make myself a nice little support build :open_mouth:

Better than nothing but not good. Tomes functionality is flawed. Adjusting CD and numbers is not going to fix it. And probably a significant change was to reduce axe symbol cast time. Since those did not happen the axe will remain useless in sPvP and flawed in PvE.

Changes for mantra are good and that's about it. It seems we will have to wait 2-3 month for FB to be viable for much of the content. Even then no guarantee.

> @Brutaly.6257 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> >

> > In a way I feel like the change to Legendary Lore would be a step backwards. It was perhaps the biggest reason I was stoked to be playing the Firebrand.

> >

> > If this change goes in to the live version on patch day. Can I make the one request that the 4 seconds of ageis be applied to all the Tome of Courage skills. As it already has been reduced in duration. Then monitor its performance and go from their, I kindly ask for this consideration.

> >

> > Or revert back to the original legendary lore trait but just add protection to it.

> >

>

> Read the notes again.

>

> Skill 1 and 5 (or 4 dont remember( in ToC now applies aegis in addition to the previous boons. So without traiting Legendary Lore you can still spam aegis with 1. This means that you can use skill 2,3 and 4 (5).

>

> I actually think its a buff that not all skills have aegis and but i have access to it and dont need to use traits for it.

>

> So basically what they did was that the improved Legendary Lore with protection (which is the most important boon imo for a frontliner) and you got to keep the aegis spamming.

>

> Do you still want to revert Legendary Lore?

But will we not chew through the pages like nothing else. Wasn't the amount of self aegis better.

If the spammable aegis is shared with others I might consider this to be an improvement than an nerf.

> @nuaa.4962 said:

> Brutaly

> You must be happy the ToJ justice only was a display bug ;)

>

> Sometimes people do forget to look at changes as a overall picture, i almost did same thing with that legendary lore change. New legendary lore + changes to skill 1 and 5 of courage, is more or less same as before with added benefit of up to 25sec(37sec with 8 pages) of proctection. Add in alot of overall aegis. This is now a very defensive support.

>

> Firebrand can now with boon duration keep up quickness, protection, swiftness and regen 100%, same time you will also be throwing out Ashes of the just from tome of justice and quickfire, so nice dps boost on top(Amount dps on if you hit condi classes)

> And last add in heals from tome of resolve, utilities, Aegis healing, dodge healing, symbol healing and whatever i missed (no idea on healing runes and sigils). Those 3 thigns toegether is making firebrand sound like a good frontline support.

>

> Now time for me to get play around with GW2skills and make myself a nice little support build :open_mouth:

Absolutely but that wasnt the point, the point is that axe is just so supreme dps wise in a condi build that it is silly. The main reason that we needed a condi weapon has never been the lack of damage, it was the lack of cover conditions. So even if passive VoJ is intact the issue remains, nerf axe becasue the problem is that our weapons is unbalanced when it comes to damage. Personally i have a hail mary here (with low probability) and that is that anet has fixed staff in some manor and that it will be a secondary to axe.

Yeah i think people forget to look at FB from all angles and just the angle they expected to play. The elite has huge potential as a defensive supporter but i think you forgot stability, the amount of stability this little baby can throw out is just sweet.

Rune of the Firebrand and concentration in chest/legs and some seraph trinkets and we will end up with a great supporter. But there is a risk that FB needs to be carried some what.

What keeps me a bit worried is the lack of bubbles, mantra area of effect and worthless mobility, mantras is just a matter of tweaking numbers but the mobility and oh kitten buttons cant be fixed by tweaking numbers.

>

> But will we not chew through the pages like nothing else. Wasn't the amount of self aegis better.

>

> If the spammable aegis is shared with others I might consider this to be an improvement than an nerf.

Erm, Unflinching Charge is skill 1 of tome of courage, has a 600 range, hits 5 allies and is spamable. So that what happening here. This skill now gets both aegis and protection, which takes it from ok'ish to rather powerful. Also none of the aegis from legendary lore or now change is "self aegis" always been shared to allies.

Most people going into tome of courage are most likely first gonna use skill 5 for toughness boost, high duration protection and aegis, then going to use mostly skill 1. With skill 3 mixed in every now and then when you need to stop ranged damage, thing is when that bubble is up, we have no need for aegis. Skill 4 will only see use when very bad condition damage is incoming and you out of resolve or other condi cleanse, so losing aegis here is no big deal. Skill 2 that is a damaging taunt, most likely skill that will se least uses!

Actually you guys have convinced me that the changes are actually really good. We now get the skill 1 and 5 on ToC with 600 range group aegis instead of what was only self aegis prior. I guess the past version looked better but it wasn't, so my apologies Irenio and Karl. Keep Legendary Lore like this please, i confess it has now made my day, i reacted a bit to quickly thinking it was a reduction but in fact it is an improvement. Now i am really happy! :) Many apologies. Thanks Brutaly and Nuaa for the clarifications.

> @Brutaly.6257 said:

> Good changes overall

>

> What needs to be added is:

>

> Fix the cone/range of mantras, they are still bad for support in pvp and wvw. either 600 range in a cone or atleast 240 radius.

>

> Add a boon to the axe symbol

>

> Add blast finishers in the tomes so we can trigger our own combofields.

>

> Mantra of solace should heal allies as well

>

> Merge the two damaging mantras into one, they are to weak and add in a mobility mantra to replace it.

> The mobility in FB is just the worst in the game and since we have poor range on the skills we cant keep up and be where the support is needed.

>

> Reduce cast times on tome skils. Valiant Bulwark is the most obvious one, it just aint working as a tool being forced to first cast the tome follwed by a long cast skill, to protect versus fast projectiles.

>

> Fix staff, yes this is a firebrand issue, its the most focused support weapon we have and its broken.

Brutaly, your on fire with what we need mate i agree strongly with everything you just suggested.

Well I cant say I am satisfied but we could get some blast finishers in those tomes like #3rd skill. Need testing for those healing significally increase - It can be 200hp or 1200hp range. Symbol could use some boon buff also, everything else needs testing.

Still not a fan of casting times of tomes cause of wvw lags.

And still not satisified of no trait buffs. Its like we are ignored.

And still not movement speed buffs (swiftness, superspeed, 25% trait).

> @nuaa.4962 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> >

> > But will we not chew through the pages like nothing else. Wasn't the amount of self aegis better.

> >

> > If the spammable aegis is shared with others I might consider this to be an improvement than an nerf.

>

> Erm, Unflinching Charge is skill 1 of tome of courage, has a 600 range, hits 5 allies and is spamable. So that what happening here. This skill now gets both aegis and protection, which takes it from ok'ish to rather powerful. Also none of the aegis from legendary lore or now change is "self aegis" always been shared to allies.

>

> Most people going into tome of courage are most likely first gonna use skill 5 for toughness boost, high duration protection and aegis, then going to use mostly skill 1. With skill 3 mixed in every now and then when you need to stop ranged damage, thing is when that bubble is up, we have no need for aegis. Skill 4 will only see use when very bad condition damage is incoming and you out of resolve or other condi cleanse, so losing aegis here is no big deal. Skill 2 that is a damaging taunt, most likely skill that will se least uses!

Thanks Nuaa, for the advice and the rotation of use is very clear now. It just took awhile for it to all sink in after the update. I am happy now and not as confused. I guess with the way aegis on ToC, was before it was kinda selfish aegis production and not as supportive for the group. This way it is much improved.

> @Ragnarox.9601 said:

>

> And still not movement speed buffs (swiftness, superspeed, 25% trait).

I said this before. But this is simpelly not true at all. Firebrand actually gets acces to perma swiftness even with any boon duration, and new change to tome cooldown only made it easier. Now it comes with huge downside since you only get that swiftness from tome of resolve and courage.

Tome of courage skill 1 comes with 6 sec of swiftness which is spamable, that 30sec(48sec with 3 more pages) of swiftness. That with a 50sec cooldown (42,5sec with virtues)

Tome of resolve has 5sec swiftness on both skill 3 and 5. that 25sec(40sec with 3 more pages) of swiftness with 40sec cooldown on time (34 with virtues)

So yes you can now get perma swiftness if you want to, all that + mounts. I do not see why firebrands lacks movement speed.

>

> Thanks Nuaa, for the advice and the rotation of use is very clear now. It just took awhile for it to all sink in after the update. I am happy now and not as confused. I guess with the way aegis on ToC, was before it was kinda selfish aegis production and not as supportive for the group. This way it is much improved.

Honestly a times like this Arenanet would be better write the change like this

"We replacing aegis on legendary lore with protection. But at same time, since we feltwe didn´t wanna remove all aegis for courage, we now give skill 1 and 5 aegis as base". You still have to remeber what each skill do yourself, but it gives alot better idea of what change purpose is.