Guard -4600+ Burn Ticks What is going on?

EnderzShadow.2506

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > It's been a while since I've really been hit by anything that feels completely OP.

> > > >

> > > > Doing a few matches tonight, first the 2700+ ticks felt bad

> > > > And then same guy lit me up for 4600 burn ticks

> > > > Next match I fought a guard that hit me for 8956 in ONE burn.

> > > > One of the other guys on my team was hit for 10k from the same guard.

> > > >

> > > > So the dots have everything going for them that dots get--fire and forget.

> > > > And they hit like the power of old...

> > > >

> > > > Something aint right

> > > >

> > >

> > > LOL, welcome back to 2014?

> > > I've been doing 6-10k burn ticks on guardian since they redid the traits and condis.

> > > Sure didn't check after the "condi nerf", but i'ts not abnormal.

> > >

> > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > They are if you have a stack of a single condition. What's problematic is having a lot of different stacks of different conditions.

> > >

> >

> > It's unfortunate Anet hasn't learned from history. I also agree with you ReaverKane with the stacking of different conditions as well.

>

> Dude nothing is wrong, they didn't change anything there wasn't anything to learn. Guardians have a single, easy to counter gimmick that was effective in 2015, and today is way less effective, unless going against a total rookie. That's why no one plays Burn Guards unless they're F2P players who don't have access to any elite spec.

>

> I was actually thinking on revisiting my old Burn guard builds with firebrand, since the axe gives a bit more burning options, but with so many stronger condi builds out there, i didn't even try.

whoa! i'll take back what i said. I'll stick with Aeolus then :(

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > >

> > > > I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

> > >

> > > I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.

> > > ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

> > >

> > > It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

> >

> > Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

>

> And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

>

Do you even understand how fragile that build is?

To get a 12k (which today i don't think it's even possible, since they **nerfed** condi application stacks) burn tick you have to unload pretty much everything on a guy and hope to god he doesn't cleanse it, because if he cleanses you're dead since everything you have is on cooldown. It's a high risk high reward build that was more effective when people didn't always have a condi cleanse on them, nowadays, it's pretty much mush.

Also, again, **it's not new** this is a build option that has been available since **BEFORE HEART OF THORNS**, so what power creep are you talking about? It's been there since AGES!!! You didn't know about it, because you either didn't play pvp back in 2015, or you didn't notice why you were dying. After HoT came out it went out of use because Meditrappers and the like became more prevalent. This is a low tier gimmick that won't hold vs any experienced player. Especially not in today's Scourge-heavy meta. If you try that on a scourge, you'll be getting that burn stack faster than you can say "oh sh..."

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > > >

> > > > > I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

> > > >

> > > > I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.

> > > > ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

> > > >

> > > > It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

> > >

> > > Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

> >

> > And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

> >

> Do you even understand how fragile that build is?

> To get a 12k (which today i don't think it's even possible, since they **nerfed** condi application stacks) burn tick you have to unload pretty much everything on a guy and hope to god he doesn't cleanse it, because if he cleanses you're dead since everything you have is on cooldown. It's a high risk high reward build that was more effective when people didn't always have a condi cleanse on them, nowadays, it's pretty much mush.

>

> Also, again, **it's not new** this is a build option that has been available since **BEFORE HEART OF THORNS**, so what power creep are you talking about? It's been there since AGES!!! You didn't know about it, because you either didn't play pvp back in 2015, or you didn't notice why you were dying. After HoT came out it went out of use because Meditrappers and the like became more prevalent. This is a low tier gimmick that won't hold vs any experienced player. Especially not in today's Scourge-heavy meta. If you try that on a scourge, you'll be getting that burn stack faster than you can say "oh sh..."

i played burn on spvp before HoT, i actually started to play this game cause i tough it would be a decent pvp game... and actually i left spvp before HoT...

Meditrapper is a one trick pony it needs its power creep momentum and it a bad designed class, we are talking about burn ticks.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.

> > > > > ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

> > > >

> > > > Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

> > >

> > > And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

> > >

> > Do you even understand how fragile that build is?

> > To get a 12k (which today i don't think it's even possible, since they **nerfed** condi application stacks) burn tick you have to unload pretty much everything on a guy and hope to god he doesn't cleanse it, because if he cleanses you're dead since everything you have is on cooldown. It's a high risk high reward build that was more effective when people didn't always have a condi cleanse on them, nowadays, it's pretty much mush.

> >

> > Also, again, **it's not new** this is a build option that has been available since **BEFORE HEART OF THORNS**, so what power creep are you talking about? It's been there since AGES!!! You didn't know about it, because you either didn't play pvp back in 2015, or you didn't notice why you were dying. After HoT came out it went out of use because Meditrappers and the like became more prevalent. This is a low tier gimmick that won't hold vs any experienced player. Especially not in today's Scourge-heavy meta. If you try that on a scourge, you'll be getting that burn stack faster than you can say "oh sh..."

>

>

> i played burn on spvp before HoT, i actually started to play this game cause i tough it would be a decent pvp game... and actually i left spvp before HoT... dont assume what u dont know ;)

I'm sorry, but was **I** the one claiming this was "powercreep". IF you played back then, then you know it's pretty much the **SAME** since 2015. And it's obvious you're just trolling for thumbs up from the people that don't know that.

> @"Loop.8106" said:

> Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

You were the 4th poster.

None of the ones above you complained?

WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

this is typical response I expected.

I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...wtf

You can't meet every complaint with "UH DERP UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No shit sherlock.

At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

One Burn

9k-- one tick.

What's your excuse for that?

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> there is many forum posts about broken and unbalanced things. THIS POST is not one of those. THIS is literally a learn-to-play issue cuz u aint using any cleanse whatsoever and taking the burn guard like a pve dummy. sad but true. nothing that needs to be changed here everything is fine with this.

this is learn to read issue.

We can't have a serious talk, which I am sure you want no part of.

If you do, they have these night classes at a college near you, reading comprehension is such an important life skill, I encourage you to check that out.

one burn tick

9000 dmg.

And to be clear, you are ok with 4700 burn ticks? That's balanced?

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.

> > > > > > ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

> > > >

> > > > And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

> > > >

> > > Do you even understand how fragile that build is?

> > > To get a 12k (which today i don't think it's even possible, since they **nerfed** condi application stacks) burn tick you have to unload pretty much everything on a guy and hope to god he doesn't cleanse it, because if he cleanses you're dead since everything you have is on cooldown. It's a high risk high reward build that was more effective when people didn't always have a condi cleanse on them, nowadays, it's pretty much mush.

> > >

> > > Also, again, **it's not new** this is a build option that has been available since **BEFORE HEART OF THORNS**, so what power creep are you talking about? It's been there since AGES!!! You didn't know about it, because you either didn't play pvp back in 2015, or you didn't notice why you were dying. After HoT came out it went out of use because Meditrappers and the like became more prevalent. This is a low tier gimmick that won't hold vs any experienced player. Especially not in today's Scourge-heavy meta. If you try that on a scourge, you'll be getting that burn stack faster than you can say "oh sh..."

> >

> >

> > i played burn on spvp before HoT, i actually started to play this game cause i tough it would be a decent pvp game... and actually i left spvp before HoT... dont assume what u dont know ;)

>

> I'm sorry, but was **I** the **one claiming this was "powercreep". **IF you played back then, then you know it's pretty much the **SAME** since 2015. And it's obvious you're just trolling for thumbs up from the people that don't know that.

i dont understand why the melodrama????

I am lacking to see your point i think...

....Still core and HoT burn guard It was not quite the same, the issue with the HoT burn guard was the guardian runes + DH f3 that was trigering the guardian runes burn ticks, reason Anet changed the guardian runes to a have a ICD, since every burster would basicly set on fire themselves.

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!

> > > > > > > > He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneously

> > > > > > > > perhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

> > > > >

> > > > > I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

> > > >

> > > > I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.

> > > > ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

> > > >

> > > > It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

> > >

> > > Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

> >

> > And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

> >

> Do you even understand how fragile that build is?

> To get a 12k (which today i don't think it's even possible, since they **nerfed** condi application stacks) burn tick you have to unload pretty much everything on a guy and hope to god he doesn't cleanse it, because if he cleanses you're dead since everything you have is on cooldown. It's a high risk high reward build that was more effective when people didn't always have a condi cleanse on them, nowadays, it's pretty much mush.

>

> Also, again, **it's not new** this is a build option that has been available since **BEFORE HEART OF THORNS**, so what power creep are you talking about? It's been there since AGES!!! You didn't know about it, because you either didn't play pvp back in 2015, or you didn't notice why you were dying. After HoT came out it went out of use because Meditrappers and the like became more prevalent. This is a low tier gimmick that won't hold vs any experienced player. Especially not in today's Scourge-heavy meta. If you try that on a scourge, you'll be getting that burn stack faster than you can say "oh sh..."

In the first game, where I was baptized in fire, two guards teamed together and nut hugged the entire match. Only one of them was hitting me with the burns of painful death. So it most likely one was protecting the other.

My first thought, was NOT "Hey this has been around forever". ANET and it's spaghetti code, and all the things they have temporarily made OP for a short time, I seriously thought, something is wrong. They did just drop two patches. Even now, I am not completely sure one way or the other.

2nd game, MR 9k single Burn Tick, well we fought on point a couple times. And to say he was soft or glass, well it's hard to say isn't it. But he didn't seem glassy to me.

@EnderzShadow.2506 , atm in gw2 being glassy is an excuse for im gut when im leeching damage creep momentum, and damage in this game is the way to be carried, every one will look more of the same since they are forced into meta gameplay with a poor know how needed... ill stop here before i get blunt and get banned again...

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Loop.8106" said:

> > Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

>

> You were the 4th poster.

No, I was the 6th poster.

> None of the ones above you complained?

> WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

What?

> this is typical response I expected.

I mean, if you don't dodge skills. You die. It's not more complicated than that

> I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

> I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...kitten

I have a very hard time seeing you pvping "a lot" if you're getting destroyed by a burn guardian.

> You can't meet every complaint with "UH kitten UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No kitten sherlock.

> At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

The ramp up time for a condi guardian is atleast 2 seconds for x2 torches and 1 second for Purging Flames + 1 second for the ticks to actually activate. So you had at least 4 seconds to react.

> One Burn

More like 17 burns.

> 9k-- one tick.

Once again. Mighty Blow can hit you for 10-11k without ramp-up time.

> What's your excuse for that?

I don't need any.

@Aelous.3615 , is it possible that people who play guard undervalue cleanses because they have so many? You've seen the sentiment here "YOU DIDN"T CLEANSE ANYTHING!"

Yeah, Like I just flat out ignored by hp dropping from the condis burning me alive.....cmon....

Years ago, I remember messing around in a Guild Only 1v1 dueling tourney we had.

Wasn't much of guild good at pvp. And I wasnt much of a pvp'er at the time. I burned through the whole guild using a Trap Ranger...that was until I fought the Guard in our guild who removed every condi I put on him with EASE and boy I could lay out some condi like no ones business.

So in sum up, I think it's RICH when a guard tells me that I'm not using my cleanses.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @EnderzShadow.2506 , atm in gw2 being glassy is an excuse for im gut when im leeching damage creep momentum, and damage in this game is the way to be carried, every one will look more of the same since they are forced into meta gameplay with a poor know how needed... ill stop here before i get blunt and get banned again...

>

>

We all know the truth, sadly those who defend the truth are treated as criminals and are prosecuted by it with infractions resulting in bans. While those who do not care for the well being of the game are given free passes to destroy Anet reputation.

@"Loop.8106"

The whining comment was for @Samnang.1879

This season gold-last made it just into low plat.

Im no plat 3/Legend player.

So maybe I don't pvp alot, but I pvp often.

I also don't see burn guards very often. Maybe just a lucky night of immolation for me.

11k mighty blow This 800 dmg skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_Blow

will drop a 11k burn? It wasn't a stack of 17 burns. FFS...one Burn, 9k-- one tick. I don't know how it happened.

In the middle of the fight I can't stop time and watching a video playback. I just looked at my combat log and saw

"asdf guard burns you for 8956"

If I'm honest I think it's ridiculous to see anyone say burn guard is in any way a broken setup when it's at best an **intermediate** tier build. In the current state of the game, condi builds are prevalent across many classes. Mirage, scourge, thief, ranger and even renegade all bring a wide variety of every condition, many able to apply 4 or 5 different ones fairly efficiently.

Burn guard predominantly applies one damaging condi and is suddenly the most OP?

Even if you don't bring cleanses against a guard, you will get decimated by all the other professions putting poison, bleed, confusion and torment on you.

Yes, the burns hit hardest but if you've let them stack that high, it looks like you've done absolutely nothing to counter or prevent them from accumulating.

To put it into perspective, if this was an OP mechanic, many more people in higher tiers would use it. But they don't.

> > @"Loop.8106" said:

> > Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

>

> You were the 4th poster.

> None of the ones above you complained?

> WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

>

>

> this is typical response I expected.

>

> I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

> I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...kitten

>

> You can't meet every complaint with "UH kitten UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No kitten sherlock.

> At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

>

> One Burn

> 9k-- one tick.

>

> What's your excuse for that?

>

>

As a starter, that is not possible. Even using sinister amulet and unloading every possible burn skill it is not possible to reach 9k ticks in sPvP.

You could reach 6-7k but that requires landing multiple attacks and no cleanse. It is only possible against the dummy golems in the mists. You cannot do that on a moving target.

The point is you are talking about a build that is not sPvP viable, claiming that it deals insane damage in one hit, which is literally impossible. So you either do not understand what you are talking about or making stuff-up. If it is the earlier, I suggest you listen to the feedback (and change your attitude), if it is the later, good troll sir, good troll.

Honestly I havent seen a single burn guard since a long time...during the whole season was all about Bunker FB and core radiance...once in a while you had some kind of hybrid condi bunker FB, but they were pretty harmless...but anyway, I remenber these burn guards, the condi damage was really strong, you could go from 100-0 really fast if you aint paying attention...but I wouldnt consider these builds OP, just gimmick at the best...its the burn damage a little to much? Hell yeah, its absurd, but its nothing new, I mean, just look at Scourge and Mirage and now tell me that Burn Guard is a threat lol.

In conclusion, yeah the damage its ridiculous, but unless they change the way condi guard works, dont think its a good idea to nerf it for now...without cover condis burn guardian its not really reliable...dont get me wrong, i dont think its okay to do that much condi damage, the setup for the burst is nothing complicated, its really easy actually, but in the state that the game finds itself right now, Condi guard its not a problem, nerfing would do literally nothing to the game, since allmost nobody plays it.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> You guys are late af to start complaining about this.

>

> It's used in top 100 amongst some people that post on these forums a lot every season.

and maybe it was just random--

Like I said, I haven't seen much of burn guards.

But yanno, get 2 matches in a row where I get lit up and Im wondering wt f is going on.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Loop.8106" said:

> > > Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

> >

> > You were the 4th poster.

> > None of the ones above you complained?

> > WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

> >

> >

> > this is typical response I expected.

> >

> > I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

> > I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...kitten

> >

> > You can't meet every complaint with "UH kitten UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No kitten sherlock.

> > At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

> >

> > One Burn

> > 9k-- one tick.

> >

> > What's your excuse for that?

> >

> >

> As a starter, that is not possible. Even using sinister amulet and unloading every possible burn skill it is not possible to reach 9k ticks in sPvP.

>

> You could reach 6-7k but that requires landing multiple attacks and no cleanse. It is only possible against the dummy golems in the mists. You cannot do that on a moving target.

>

> The point is you are talking about a build that is not sPvP viable, claiming that it deals insane damage in one hit, which is literally impossible. So you either do not understand what you are talking about or making stuff-up. If it is the earlier, I suggest you listen to the feedback (and change your attitude), if it is the later, good troll sir, good troll.

>

As a starter, are you calling a me a liar?

Oh you are calling me a liar. Good to know.

I'm not trolling and I didn't say MULTIPLE 9k ticks of burn.

One.

One BURN for 8956.

I looked in my combat log-- and I see "guard hits you for 8956 BURN"

It wasn't repeated. There weren't MULTIPLE ticks. It was just one burn.

The burns (multiple stacks) for 4300- over 5k were on a moving target-- me.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> If I'm honest I think it's ridiculous to see anyone say burn guard is in any way a broken setup when it's at best an **intermediate** tier build. In the current state of the game, condi builds are prevalent across many classes. Mirage, scourge, thief, ranger and even renegade all bring a wide variety of every condition, many able to apply 4 or 5 different ones fairly efficiently.

> Burn guard predominantly applies one damaging condi and is suddenly the most OP?

> Even if you don't bring cleanses against a guard, you will get decimated by all the other professions putting poison, bleed, confusion and torment on you.

> Yes, the burns hit hardest but if you've let them stack that high, it looks like you've done absolutely nothing to counter or prevent them from accumulating.

> To put it into perspective, if this was an OP mechanic, many more people in higher tiers would use it. But they don't.

I had cleanses, thanks.

Again, I'm just being honest here, I wondered if something was legitmately bugged.

Turns out this boolzhit has been around for quite some time.

Good to know!

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Loop.8106" said:

> > > > Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more kitten. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

> > >

> > > You were the 4th poster.

> > > None of the ones above you complained?

> > > WHERE IS EVERYONE WHINING?

> > >

> > >

> > > this is typical response I expected.

> > >

> > > I pvp a lot. I have for quite some time. I don't get on these forums and whine about every new BS.

> > > I fight guards all the time. And tonight...welll...kitten

> > >

> > > You can't meet every complaint with "UH kitten UH YOU COULD OF UH DODGED IT". No kitten sherlock.

> > > At one point does an ability hit too hard? Did you see me complaining?

> > >

> > > One Burn

> > > 9k-- one tick.

> > >

> > > What's your excuse for that?

> > >

> > >

> > As a starter, that is not possible. Even using sinister amulet and unloading every possible burn skill it is not possible to reach 9k ticks in sPvP.

> >

> > You could reach 6-7k but that requires landing multiple attacks and no cleanse. It is only possible against the dummy golems in the mists. You cannot do that on a moving target.

> >

> > The point is you are talking about a build that is not sPvP viable, claiming that it deals insane damage in one hit, which is literally impossible. So you either do not understand what you are talking about or making stuff-up. If it is the earlier, I suggest you listen to the feedback (and change your attitude), if it is the later, good troll sir, good troll.

> >

>

>

> As a starter, are you calling a me a liar?

> Oh you are calling me a liar. Good to know.

>

> I'm not trolling and I didn't say MULTIPLE 9k ticks of burn.

> One.

> One BURN for 8956.

>

> I looked in my combat log-- and I see "guard hits you for 8956 BURN"

>

> It wasn't repeated. There weren't MULTIPLE ticks. It was just one burn.

>

> The burns (multiple stacks) for 4300- over 5k were on a moving target-- me.

Are you trying to insinuate that 1 stack of burn could possibly hit so hard?

Burning is a condition that inflicts damage over time and stacks in intensity. Like all damaging conditions it can stack up to 1500 stacks. Characters suffering from burning will have flames emanating from them. Damage is determined by the following formula:

(0.155 * Condition Damage) + 131 damage per stack per second at Level 80.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning

let's do the maths:

8956-131=8825

8825/0.155= 56935

Are you implying somebody has 56935 condi damage? I should hope not.

Pressuming this is not what you meant, let's see how many stacks you **possibly** managed to get.

PVP ammulet - 1200 condi damage at max

Runes - + 175 lets round up to 200 to be safe.

perhaps add a further 300 for traits (generous)

so you have about 1700 total in this example and that is very high for a guard in spvp.

1700*0.155=263.5

+ 131=394.5

now 8956(your number) / 394.5 = 22.7 (rounded).

You literally let this guard use every single skill he had, **without** even trying to stop him, to apply practically **23** stacks of burn on you.

23 stacks. Just think about that.

You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

Combat log said "Guard hits for you 8956 Burn".

There were only stacks of 2-3 burns at a time.

I was in capricorn fighting on and off the 4th capture point, the bell, when it happened.

I opened and checked the log multiple times.

In the same fight, one of my teammates said the guard hit him for a single 10k burn.

hack?