April Fools

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > The best april fool jokes take you by surprise. When we're going to ask for April fool jokes they become less effective.

> >

> > This is a request that Anet do *something* in game, rather than nothing and joke patch notes.

> > Not a request of something specific.

>

> Regardless, it's like asking to be pranked.

Yes, which is what some of us want. ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Posting this early, so something might actually come of it.

> Anet please do something fun ingame for April Fools, SAB is cool and all, and the fake patch notes can be funny. But I miss the stuff that happened to characters on the day. It was surprising and funny, and I miss it.

I don't, unless there is away to not be effected and to opt out after the 1st couple of seconds.

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > Sadly it's unlikely to happen. A couple of years ago there was a huge backlash at an April Fool's (imo totally unwarranted but that's beside the point), and since then I don't think Anet will subject themselves to that level of hate.

>

> Shame really. I understand where the backlash came from, but it was totally unwarranted. The airplane thing was amazing, I always interact with those memory boxes if I see them.

Some, like myself, disagree. Opt out, turn off option required after the 'joke' has be experienced for 10 seconds

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > The best april fool jokes take you by surprise. When we're going to ask for April fool jokes they become less effective.

> >

> > This is a request that Anet do *something* in game, rather than nothing and joke patch notes.

> > Not a request of something specific.

>

> Regardless, it's like asking to be pranked.

Because April Fools day changes every year..?

Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

>

> Because April Fools day changes every year..?

> Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

NO - It was most definitely **NOT LIMITED to JUST OPEN WORLD** for the year of the Aviator prank! The aviator _joke_ was disabled for sPvP, but **ENABLED** for WvW, with no way to turn it off... A TOTAL cluster-kitten for a competitive game mode. :rage:

Like I said in a previous post - keep it on paper and dev time spent on **REAL** content and it's a **WIN/WIN** :+1:

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

>

> >

> > Because April Fools day changes every year..?

> > Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

>

> NO - It was most definitely **NOT LIMITED to JUST OPEN WORLD** in 2015! The aviator _joke_ was disabled for sPvP, but **ENABLED** for WvW, with no way to turn it off... A TOTAL cluster-kitten for a competitive game mode. :rage:

>

> Like I said in a previous post - keep it on paper and dev time spent on **REAL** content and it's a **WIN/WIN** :+1:

Someone needs a chill pill!

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> >

> > >

> > > Because April Fools day changes every year..?

> > > Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

> >

> > NO - It was most definitely **NOT LIMITED to JUST OPEN WORLD** in 2015! The aviator _joke_ was disabled for sPvP, but **ENABLED** for WvW, with no way to turn it off... A TOTAL cluster-kitten for a competitive game mode. :rage:

> >

> > Like I said in a previous post - keep it on paper and dev time spent on **REAL** content and it's a **WIN/WIN** :+1:

>

> Someone needs a chill pill!

Someone needs a reality check. :wink: I'm ok with it if Anet did this kind of thing _responsibly_, but, you know... :lol: NOPE

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Because April Fools day changes every year..?

> > > > Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

> > >

> > > NO - It was most definitely **NOT LIMITED to JUST OPEN WORLD** in 2015! The aviator _joke_ was disabled for sPvP, but **ENABLED** for WvW, with no way to turn it off... A TOTAL cluster-kitten for a competitive game mode. :rage:

> > >

> > > Like I said in a previous post - keep it on paper and dev time spent on **REAL** content and it's a **WIN/WIN** :+1:

> >

> > Someone needs a chill pill!

>

> Someone needs a reality check. :wink: I'm ok with it if Anet did this kind of thing _responsibly_, but, you know... :lol: NOPE

Lol, reality check, the irony haha. It’s a day of silly jokes and a few people whining over silly jokes. If only those people cared as much for the real world as they do (well, did) a prank in an online game... How amazing would that be :wink:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Because April Fools day changes every year..?

> > > > > Yes, I want an in game prank. Opt-in/out, don’t care. Bring back the ingame prank. It’s only 24hrs. (Even then, it was limited to open world, I’m sure the old pranks were disabled in instances, WvW and PvP.)

> > > >

> > > > NO - It was most definitely **NOT LIMITED to JUST OPEN WORLD** in 2015! The aviator _joke_ was disabled for sPvP, but **ENABLED** for WvW, with no way to turn it off... A TOTAL cluster-kitten for a competitive game mode. :rage:

> > > >

> > > > Like I said in a previous post - keep it on paper and dev time spent on **REAL** content and it's a **WIN/WIN** :+1:

> > >

> > > Someone needs a chill pill!

> >

> > Someone needs a reality check. :wink: I'm ok with it if Anet did this kind of thing _responsibly_, but, you know... :lol: NOPE

>

> Lol, reality check, the irony haha. It’s a day of silly jokes and a few people whining over silly jokes. If only those people cared as much for the real world as they do (well, did) a prank in an online game... How amazing would that be :wink:

'Reality' as in the context of this _game and this post_. Yeah, yeah...it's just frivolous pixels; we all know that. The point of this any post on a _video game forum_ is to express one's likes and dislikes and, hopefully, reasons why so development is aware of such things from the community's perspective moving forward. That's it.

Anet, take it for what it's worth!

I'm glad you learned from the Aviator fiasco.

Cheers!

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> There were people that cannot take a joke; even for 24 hours. Of those, there were some intentionally finding every reason they could use to get rid of it which included using the tragic event. People have been finding more and more things which offend them over the last few years so I don’t find it surprising that all we get are fake patch notes and SAB.

It wasn't a matter of being able to take a joke or being offended or not. The airplane prank was certainly unoffensive but gave me such severe motion sickness that I could not play at all until it was over. Is that fair? All I wanted was a way to turn it off so I could play without barfing.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > There were people that cannot take a joke; even for 24 hours. Of those, there were some intentionally finding every reason they could use to get rid of it which included using the tragic event. People have been finding more and more things which offend them over the last few years so I don’t find it surprising that all we get are fake patch notes and SAB.

>

> It wasn't a matter of being able to take a joke or being offended or not. The airplane prank was certainly unoffensive but gave me such severe motion sickness that I could not play at all until it was over. Is that fair? All I wanted was a way to turn it off so I could play without barfing.

here here !! @"Witch of Doom.5739" i think you should have that right to not be a chucky monkey all over the place !!! myself personally could not play the whole time and stayed logged out it just did not feel right nor look right to me.

I think the april fools jokes in gw1 might have gone over better because they, if I remember correctly, were restricted to outposts and towns. If you wanted to focus on adventure and ignore the joke you easily could. If you wanted to hang around in town with friends enjoying the joke visuals you could.

Can't they do something simple? Random thought but I don't know how much of a coding disaster it would be.

People log in... and they see nothing. Brand new account. All characters gone.

When you get through the intro to level 2, there's an Asuran sitting there waiting saying that they might've had a mishap when they was reworking on making a new better infinity ball and might've messed up time and space.

Gives you an item and tells you to quickly use it.

When you do, you're quickly kicked off the new character you made and your characters and info is all back.

Pretty much all they did was hide your main account and loaded up a temporary that they can later delete the day later. Kind of like those demo characters they made for PoF.

I'm sure quite a few would panic and be terrified, but it would be a short and sweet prank.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Can't they do something simple? Random thought but I don't know how much of a coding disaster it would be.

> People log in... and they see nothing. Brand new account. All characters gone.

> When you get through the intro to level 2, there's an Asuran sitting there waiting saying that they might've had a mishap when they was reworking on making a new better infinity ball and might've messed up time and space.

> Gives you an item and tells you to quickly use it.

>

> When you do, you're quickly kicked off the new character you made and your characters and info is all back.

>

> Pretty much all they did was hide your main account and loaded up a temporary that they can later delete the day later. Kind of like those demo characters they made for PoF.

> I'm sure quite a few would panic and be terrified, but it would be a short and sweet prank.

People would whine about that. They'd definitely, definitely whine (very loudly) about that.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Can't they do something simple? Random thought but I don't know how much of a coding disaster it would be.

> > People log in... and they see nothing. Brand new account. All characters gone.

> > When you get through the intro to level 2, there's an Asuran sitting there waiting saying that they might've had a mishap when they was reworking on making a new better infinity ball and might've messed up time and space.

> > Gives you an item and tells you to quickly use it.

> >

> > When you do, you're quickly kicked off the new character you made and your characters and info is all back.

> >

> > Pretty much all they did was hide your main account and loaded up a temporary that they can later delete the day later. Kind of like those demo characters they made for PoF.

> > I'm sure quite a few would panic and be terrified, but it would be a short and sweet prank.

>

> People would whine about that. They'd definitely, definitely whine (very loudly) about that.

maybe but not as bad as they did about that plane getting hijacked and crashed killing all them people when it happened and anet had to come out public and make a sorry statement for it

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > Can't they do something simple? Random thought but I don't know how much of a coding disaster it would be.

> > > People log in... and they see nothing. Brand new account. All characters gone.

> > > When you get through the intro to level 2, there's an Asuran sitting there waiting saying that they might've had a mishap when they was reworking on making a new better infinity ball and might've messed up time and space.

> > > Gives you an item and tells you to quickly use it.

> > >

> > > When you do, you're quickly kicked off the new character you made and your characters and info is all back.

> > >

> > > Pretty much all they did was hide your main account and loaded up a temporary that they can later delete the day later. Kind of like those demo characters they made for PoF.

> > > I'm sure quite a few would panic and be terrified, but it would be a short and sweet prank.

> >

> > People would whine about that. They'd definitely, definitely whine (very loudly) about that.

>

> maybe but not as bad as they did about that plane getting hijacked and crashed killing all them people when it happened and anet had to come out public and make a sorry statement for it

I was just thinking the absolute opposite - it would make the storm after aviator look like a mild breeze. Imagine all who actually think they lost their entire accounts, the kittenstorm (I self kittenized!) would be horrendous.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > Can't they do something simple? Random thought but I don't know how much of a coding disaster it would be.

> > > > People log in... and they see nothing. Brand new account. All characters gone.

> > > > When you get through the intro to level 2, there's an Asuran sitting there waiting saying that they might've had a mishap when they was reworking on making a new better infinity ball and might've messed up time and space.

> > > > Gives you an item and tells you to quickly use it.

> > > >

> > > > When you do, you're quickly kicked off the new character you made and your characters and info is all back.

> > > >

> > > > Pretty much all they did was hide your main account and loaded up a temporary that they can later delete the day later. Kind of like those demo characters they made for PoF.

> > > > I'm sure quite a few would panic and be terrified, but it would be a short and sweet prank.

> > >

> > > People would whine about that. They'd definitely, definitely whine (very loudly) about that.

> >

> > maybe but not as bad as they did about that plane getting hijacked and crashed killing all them people when it happened and anet had to come out public and make a sorry statement for it

>

> I was just thinking the absolute opposite - it would make the storm after aviator look like a mild breeze. Imagine all who actually think they lost their entire accounts, the kittenstorm (I self kittenized!) would be horrendous.

hum idk it could maybe work but only if it was a tree or something like that . but yes it was a horrendous. kitten storm when it happened but also too they could use a box or apples but yet that could as well just as easy go badly and end up in another major kitten storm . sadly to say its one of them things that these days is no longer that easy to do any more.

maybe they could give everyone something small and easy to make like they did the armor out fit skin . that every one got a few years back . now that could really be something good and not bring a kitten storm down on anets head at all . if any thing it be the other way around and their be thank you posts from the player base i think for it !! now that i could fully get down with and see !! :3

> @"flog.3485" said:

> I think it is finally time they released that commando class that they promised us back in the day :grin:

I dunno, it's a lot of work to design an entire profession for a joke. Especially considering that there already is a joke profession in the game, surely giving us both Commando and Revenant would be overkill.

since ppl get upset by a small stick standing different you can just as much stop the whole april fools day, for the not so sensitive ppl we can have an even where we have fart sounds for every time we land (from jumping or gliding etc).

i like a fun event, i don't like oversensitive whiners who think their dislike should be law, if you don't see the fun in it don't play but let others have their one day of fun.