Shared Gathering Tool Upgrade

You could purchase an upgrade from the Gem Store for each tool. It would function just like a Shared Inventory Slot except this would only be for your gathering tool slots. For example, the Gem Store would offer a Shared Mining Pick Upgrade Slot, a Shared Logging Axe Upgrade Slot and a Shared Harvesting Sickle Upgrade Slot that could be purchased for X amount of gems.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> How would they arrange it for those with more than one set of gathering tools?

I’d say it’d be an additional slot you unlock rather than upgrading the base slot, so that way the game could then check your normal harvesting slots, and use those, and if nothing’s there it then goes to the account slot.

> @"Mighty Cole.7849" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > So only people who have and use one set of gemstore gathering tools could use this.

>

> So you're saying, for example: Character A has the Mine-R-Tron equipped and character B has the Molten Alliance Mining Pick?

Yes, or maybe some chars have gemstore tools and some have magic gathering tools from heart merchants.

All I'm trying to convey is, it would be nice to be able to switch from character to character without having the burden of transferring each of the gathering tools manually each time. If you purchase an upgrade, it would make that particular gathering slot "Shared". If you have multiple unlimited gathering tools, I guess you have no need for a shared upgrade slot. Therefore, wouldn't need to purchase an upgrade from the gem store.

> @"Mighty Cole.7849" said:

> All I'm trying to convey is, it would be nice to be able to switch from character to character without having the burden of transferring each of the gathering tools manually each time. If you purchase the an upgrade, it would make that particular gathering slot "Shared". If you have multiple unlimited gathering tools, I guess you have no need for a shared upgrade slot. Therefore, wouldn't need to purchase an upgrade from the gem store.

You can have multiple unlimited and still need the upgrade as many might have more than one set but still have more chars than the number of sets of tools. However If tools in the character UI override the upgrade then it should work.

The way I envision it to work would be as such; upon purchasing and activating an upgraded gathering slot from the gem store, that particular gathering tool type would become unequipped on all character on your account. The unequipped tool would return to that characters inventory. If the characters inventory was full at the time, you'll receive the "Unclaimed items" message the next time you log in to that character. The next tool equipped will become your shared tool across all characters. If you own multiple unlimited tools, you can determine which one you'd like to share.

Unlimited gathering tools should have been converted to a wardrobe system. You buy unlimited gathering for your account, then you can swap the skin/animation combo based on the ones you buy. They should have also added an "enrichment" slot for all gathering tools in which you can socket the sprocket, unbound magic, or other misc drop chance items allowing you to pick those independently from the skin/animation. This would allow them to sell skins AND enrichments in the gem store.

It might be more practical or possible to request a discount on additional copies of the same tool on the same account. Like, for example, if you already bought one set of the unbound magic harvesting tools, you could buy additional sets for half price. That would not require the same sort of coding overhaul as a complicated slotting system.

Just make the gathering tool slots account-wide by default, then you can stick unlimited tools in there and never worry again (and switch between multiple ones whenever you like)

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> So only people who have and use one set of gemstore gathering tools could use this.

Which is probably the majority of them, let's be honest.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> Just make the gathering tool slots account-wide by default, then you can stick unlimited tools in there and never worry again (and switch between multiple ones whenever you like)

>

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > So only people who have and use one set of gemstore gathering tools could use this.

> Which is probably the majority of them, let's be honest.

Well, it’s not just the gemstore tools. There’s also two set of karma tools that give magic. People might have the karma magic tools on one or more chars and a gemstore set in account wide slots, and presumably there will be more of the karma harvesting tools with further expansions to harvest that expansion’s map currency. So people having multiple types of tools is going to affect a larger percent of the population as time goes by.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> Or simply right click, unequip, place in shared slot, swap character. Boom. You're done. Took what 7 seconds?

Yeah, but to swap over the entire set you need three empty shared slots, which means (unless you bought slots) you will have to switch back and forth between characters a few times, especially if you still want access to a shared salvage-o-matic or transportation device or something.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > Or simply right click, unequip, place in shared slot, swap character. Boom. You're done. Took what 7 seconds?

>

> Yeah, but to swap over the entire set you need three empty shared slots, which means (unless you bought slots) you will have to switch back and forth between characters a few times, especially if you still want access to a shared salvage-o-matic or transportation device or something.

Yea but the OP said the account harvesting tool slots would cost gems s/he can use those gems to buy shared slots and have enough for 3 tools and salvag-o-matic etc.

For people that only have one set of unlimited gathering tools, they have to unequip and re-equip every single time they swap characters. All I was proposing was a way for people to equip their unlimited gathering tools once and never having to worry about them again regardless of what character they were on.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> Or simply right click, unequip, place in shared slot, swap character. Boom. You're done. Took what 7 seconds?

I agree. Your method works and doesn't take very long as you've pointed out. However, if I were given an option where I'd never have to unequip and re-equip my tools (just swap characters and continue playing), I'd pay for that.