Why cant we send Tomes of Knowledge to others?

Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

> @"Pridedemon.3041" said:

> Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

> The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

>

> I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

You can always consume them for spirit shards. No inventory space taken up.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Pridedemon.3041" said:

> > Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

> > The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

> >

> > I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

>

> You can always consume them for spirit shards. No inventory space taken up.

I have over 2k spirit shards, i have made 6 legendary weapons so far so unless i plan to make 10 more immediately i don't need any more shards.

ToK are totally worthless for veteran players, ANET should implement some better use for them or just remove them and replace them altogether with something better in pvp reward tracks. Almost every reward track gives ToK

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Microundeas.4530" said:

> > > @"Takoyakii.2146" said:

> > > Just use it for a key farm.

> >

> > what key farm?

>

> I shall assume a sincere rather than sarcastic tone. Key farming means leveling a character to at least 10 and running it through the Personal Story for that level in order to get a Black Lion key. You can do this once a week, it resets on Mondays. The fastest way is to do human commoner; many do it on a warrior and have level 10 Might gear in the bank to wear for the purpose. Finish the run, strip the character, use the key or drop it in the bank/shared slots for another character, delete the character.

>

> You used to be able to do this as often as you liked but ANet didn't like people able to generate so many keys without paying gems so they time gated it.

oh that farm thx :)

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Pridedemon.3041" said:

> > > Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

> > > The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

> > >

> > > I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

> >

> > You can always consume them for spirit shards. No inventory space taken up.

>

> I have over 2k spirit shards, i have made 6 legendary weapons so far so unless i plan to make 10 more immediately i don't need any more shards.

> ToK are totally worthless for veteran players, ANET should implement some better use for them or just remove them and replace them altogether with something better in pvp reward tracks. Almost every reward track gives ToK

In that case, perhaps you should be asking for more spirit shard sinks. You are talking about a currency that never has any risk of running out, much like karma was before LS3. Now, karma is something players actually watch because there are good sinks for it. Spirit Shards need better sinks.

> Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

> The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

>

> I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

I do the level 40 key farm (2 keys, in 40 mins) I still have a surplus of tomes XD

> @"TheWolf.1602" said:

> how do you get so many stacks of ToK? I spend most my time in WvW but the reward tracks are rather slow for this...

I did wvw the other day I leveled up nine times and I got tomes of knowledge every time I leveled up. I wasn't even using boosters or following the zerg. You don't just get tomes only from the reward track.

> @"TheWolf.1602" said:

> @"Fremtid.3528" you're probably zerging a lot? roaming doesn't give too much experience or I'm doing something wrong :)

I roam in off-hours so there usually isn't a commander to zerg with, and when there is one I'm unable to zerg with it coz my wvw character is a druid and I die like instantly. So no, I'm just roaming. But I don't let that discourage me from taking a keep with just a few peeps while the commander is off somewhere else. Or a tower. Or another tower. I craft my own guild siege and usually there's always someone around to help build it or it's just 1 extra trip after that to build. I just take stuff. You don't need a zerg for that.

• 1 month later...

Ability to sell or trade these books wouldnt be good. Imagine just giving a new player 80 books or just enough to reach 80. When they don't even know their class. It would potentially drive them off because they dont understand the mechanics and will leave. I know this to be fact for most., had a friend that left the game because he did a 80 boost in itself and didnt like the combat. Because he didnt understand the mechanics and kept dieing and ultimately called for a refund and left the game within the week. I dont even like that 80 boost to be honest. It can potentially ruin the game for a new player. I mean an experienced or veteran player that just want to make a quick another character I can partially see, but even then. Learning the class is key from beginning level 1 to end level 80. Otherwise making that "special build" without learning the class becomes futile and will end badly.

As well people talking about "everyone" having tons of books. Ive been here since the beginning. How many ToK I have? none and I have 5 toons. I used them in the past as I got them for that extra little boost. But I by no means have ever exceeded maybe 60 tomes or so. Then again I dont wvw a lot either.

The other thing I dont like is. When you work to 80 you also learn along the way if you even like the class you have. You may decide you dont like it. Why waste the books before discovering that? Theres classes I made that I utterly didnt like. Personally I didnt like Guardian nor Engineer. There are plenty of people that do like it and ill leave it to them. Because they enjoy the class. im not forcing myself to play a class I dont like.

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Pridedemon.3041" said:

> > > Well i have about 3.5 stacks of ToK.

> > > The only use i have for them is to make a new char every week, use 10 tomes to get him insta 10 and then do the story quick to get a BL key and then delete the character. For this purpose i always have 1 open slot for character. Not that i really need another 80, i already have 14 chars so those tomes are totally worthless to me.

> > >

> > > I hope there is something better use for them, like being able to use them instead of mystic coin for legendaries which are going crazy in price. So for us who do lot of pvp can have some good use for them.

> >

> > You can always consume them for spirit shards. No inventory space taken up.

>

> I have over 2k spirit shards, i have made 6 legendary weapons so far so unless i plan to make 10 more immediately i don't need any more shards.

> ToK are totally worthless for veteran players, ANET should implement some better use for them or just remove them and replace them altogether with something better in pvp reward tracks. Almost every reward track gives ToK

They are used in recipes as well.. Specifically upgrades. And they require a lot of books in the recipe (some arent so bad), some require 100 tok though, even 200.

- Further Exploration

- Guild Enhancement: Experience

- Guild Waypoint 10% Discount

- Guild Waypoint 15% Discount

- Guild Waypoint 5% Discount

- Objective Aura 2: WvW Experience

- Scribing: Guild Experience Banner

- Scribing: Guild Heroes Banner

- Scribing: Guild Karma and Experience Banner

- Scribing: Guild World Events