Aurene Mount When, Arenanet?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> I see 2 inconsistencies there

>

> * Aurene is not a dragon with a griffon shape anymore.

> * We will be able to see infinite guys mounting aurene, which will make aurene not unique.

>

> Minis do exist per every single characters, but mounts are pretty different.

>

> They should give us more options to disable other players effects, skins, dyes, weapon kinds, etc... before implementing new things.

> This will fix everything.

>

>

I would just like to point out, adolescent Aurene is literally a reskinned griffon. Look at the way she moves and flies.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, would be silly for them to not release her. People saying it doesn't 'make sense.' Seriously? A branded mount should literally be trying to kill you, as should a forged mount. Mount skins are in the same league as minis, they aren't a real representation of what you are on in the story.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> I see 2 inconsistencies there

>

> * Aurene is not a dragon with a griffon shape anymore.

> * We will be able to see infinite guys mounting aurene, which will make aurene not unique.

>

> Minis do exist per every single characters, but mounts are pretty different.

>

> They should give us more options to disable other players effects, skins, dyes, weapon kinds, etc... before implementing new things.

> This will fix everything.

>

>

Aurene skins! They will sell better than for any other mount.

Aurene mount will happen as part of a story, maybe she will have different moves or combine movement abilities of existing mounts(fly like a birdy, jump like a bunnyrooh, hover like a fish, port like a doggo). ANet will hold this out for the finale, so don't expect it to happen next week or anytime this year.

I doubt we will get an Aurene mount for the open world or a skin. On the other hand, it would probably sell very good. Don't hope for it to be earnable in game should it be a skin though. ANet didn't do much earnable ingame with gliders and hasn't done much in this regard with mounts either. Going from gliders and how they were handled, our only hope would be to have Aurene as a Legendary mount which will be grindy, expensive and to some ppl tedious, as all the legys are.

I have a pair of ideas to allow Aurene/dragon mount in open world :)

1. Let it be on specific map, and in addition only one player can fly her at a given moment. Could make some sort of puzzle or better some linked tasks to do before getting to fly her - who achieves that first - gets the prize. After certain time everything resets, and race to get her restarts.

2. Aurene's children mounts - player could take care of Aurene's egg and by doing various tasks grows a dragon mount. In this way it could be made like sort of legendary mount - not for everyone, but for those, who dedicate certain amount of time and resources.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > Aurene mount will **never** happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also _Aurene_.

> > > > > Hence it would be impossible to have her as a mount.

> > > >

> > > > She's a whole series of minis, so why not a mount?

> > > >

> > > > I want to ride Aurene in a LS event, but I really don't want to see Aurene as an all the time mount. The Aurene mini's are bad enough.

> > > > I would like to see Aurene show up in the personal instance like the snow leopard cub, so she follows you around the whole time you're there.

> > >

> > > Because minis aren’t ‘real’ creatures.

> > > I believe they’re just dolls or something made to look like famous characters in the world.

> > > Maybe its a leftover of the Polymock system that anet never finished.

> > > But mini aurene isn’t a sentient creature. Its justa doll, puppet, mechination, however you want to call it.

> >

> > Is there some sort of in game canon that can corroborate that? I've never seen anything to actually explain the mini functionality.

>

> There is no lore regarding the minis.

> They’re just nonexistent creatures. They exist for no more purpose than being ‘collectibles’.

> We had them in GW1 and then they were specifically called Miniatures, and polymock pieces.

> Hence there is there no reason to believe the minipets are in any way living creatures

[Actually in the guild initiative HQ, we acknowledge the presence of a Braham mini. They exist in terms of lore, that's about it.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gr%C3%ADmur_Oddursson "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gr%C3%ADmur_Oddursson")

> @"eduardo.1436" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > > Aurene mount will **never** happen because she’s a character. She’s not only an extremely unique creature, she’s also _Aurene_.

> > > > > > Hence it would be impossible to have her as a mount.

> > > > >

> > > > > She's a whole series of minis, so why not a mount?

> > > > >

> > > > > I want to ride Aurene in a LS event, but I really don't want to see Aurene as an all the time mount. The Aurene mini's are bad enough.

> > > > > I would like to see Aurene show up in the personal instance like the snow leopard cub, so she follows you around the whole time you're there.

> > > >

> > > > Because minis aren’t ‘real’ creatures.

> > > > I believe they’re just dolls or something made to look like famous characters in the world.

> > > > Maybe its a leftover of the Polymock system that anet never finished.

> > > > But mini aurene isn’t a sentient creature. Its justa doll, puppet, mechination, however you want to call it.

> > >

> > > Is there some sort of in game canon that can corroborate that? I've never seen anything to actually explain the mini functionality.

> >

> > There is no lore regarding the minis.

> > They’re just nonexistent creatures. They exist for no more purpose than being ‘collectibles’.

> > We had them in GW1 and then they were specifically called Miniatures, and polymock pieces.

> > Hence there is there no reason to believe the minipets are in any way living creatures

>

> [Actually in the guild initiative HQ, we acknowledge the presence of a Braham mini. They exist in terms of lore, that's about it.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gr%C3%ADmur_Oddursson "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gr%C3%ADmur_Oddursson")

As I said _they exist_, in lore, _they exist_. That was never a discussion

I'm saying they're not _living creatures_

Just like kids talk to their toys

> @"Kururu.8140" said:

> A dragon-themed mount? Yes. Specifically Aurene? Not outside a story instance. Aurene is one of two scions of Glint, it wouldn't be right to have thousands of Aurene's flying around. She's one of a kind and should stay that way.

There is also one "Commander", yet technically speaking they are everywhere.