World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I like how PR mouthpieces that have nothing to do with alliances keep mentioning them, passing the stinky hot potato back to the devs who wish it'd just go away xD

2,5 year old stinky potato? Oh, the fragrance must be strong in this one xD

But hey, we WvW-ers are the stubborn folks, as long as there are still alive at least two WvW players, hope for alliances shall never die! (imho 1 player cannot make an alliance, alliance implies teamwork and afaik if I do my math correctly, at least two ppl are needed to form a team)

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Please stop necro'ing this thread.

Never mess up with necromancers, they are dangerous things/folks/creatures/whatever ... they can curse you, they can bring dead things back to life, and do even more unnatural thingies. Some of the powerfull ones can turn themselves even into a Lich King. Stay away from them!

(ingame necro main here :3 , btw thread necromancy means bringing back a year old forgotten post back to the first forum page, which is not this case. This thread is cnstantly on the first forum page for basically entire 2,5 years since alliances were announced. Anyway, even if this would actually be thread necromancy, it would be still a better option than the 538th thread "Where are alliances ArenaNet promised January 2018 ?!?!@#$%^&!!1111!!!!111111!! " , wouldn't you think?

Anyway, the single fact that this thread is basically constantly on the first forum page for entire 2,5 years is a clear sign that WvW community WANT alliances in the game. At leat the part of the community who still visits this official forum even when all of them clearly know that official ANet ppl does not activelly discussing anything at all with WvW playerbase.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"vier.1327" said:

> >

> > http://imgur.com/gallery/qOoy2ua

> >

> > Did it work?

>

> I can't get it to work either

>

Because its a gallery link, not the jpg. Ignoring remembering the actual code, my advice is always upload->share links->copy bottom right->paste on forum->cut out the http...jpg->paste in the forum image function.

Trying this myself, because it didnt worked for me too...

![](https://i.imgur.com/eX6VtBi.jpg "")

Oh, well ... after 10th edit i finally found the correct format : D Have to manually re-edited almost entire image link, because that img-url dialogue window simply does not work for me at all.

So for future reference, the corect format is this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/eX6VtBi.jpg

with - "")- added after it minus the "-" symbol (dont forget the space between .jpg and first ") (img link ending like here tBi.jpg "") )

Some helpful things for future reference, maybe even for other players:

# Heading

## Sub-heading

### Sub-sub-heading

*italic*

**bold**

`monospace`

~~strikethrough~~

Hypertext Pop-up window (or whatever this thing is called) (hower over that text with mouse, it show pop-uped text)

WOW, seems like everything is working now :3

Not gonna test Hyperlink here, because im not totally 100% sure if that thing is allowed by Forum Code of Conduct, but it should work too.

Please tell me that you've been saving a big surprise...and it's going to just blow us away...when you release it.

Competition for your niche is emerging...

Please keep us engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups that have meaning in Annual Tournaments.

GW2 has one of the best combat system around...imho

Our current WvW Match-Up system needs to be replaced, or your competition will learn to entice & steal players away from GW2 in the long-term.

The below is your competition enticing loyal Guild Wars fans to consider to be an alternative to your game product.

Please wake up & rise to the challenge.

> @"Diku.2546" said:

> The below is your competition enticing loyal Guild Wars fans to consider to be an alternative to your game product.

Well with the competition looking like garbage because it can barely handle 10 players on screen without heavily scaling back animations to the point they look like a sprite from Daggerfall, enticing is a relative term.

> @"Diku.2546" said:

> Our current WvW Match-Up system needs to be replaced, or your competition will learn to entice & steal players away from GW2 in the long-term.

Already almost done:

Phase 1: Heart of Thorns release - New class Revenant + Elite Specializations

Phase 2: Path of Fire release - especially the Scourge first year situation in WvW without any fix is worth to mention

No one can deny the truth of very noticeable drops of WvW playerbase at these times.

For the last few remaining loyal WvW survivors: Yes, I want alliances to happen too.

Maybe Alliances will be included in the Cantha Expansion. Maybe. We will see.

World Restructuring aka Alliances is our biggest hope of balanced match ups.

Please made it possible to have balanced Match Ups and if you implement that then make changing sides harder. Those people hopping to the other side where the grass seems to be greener... make your life and our lifes harder.

Whoa...was really happy for a second.......then realized this wasn't the daily new cases in the US.

We can only soldier on & try to have hope in these dire times.

Gaming is the one thing that can allow us to dream of better times...imho

Still thankful that ANet is still managing to give us a game mode that can still keep us entertained...given the current world crisis that we're all in.

Can we change the Match-Up mechanics to something where players can weekly pick their own Match-Ups while encouraging a healthy & competitive game mode?

Guys they are "looking forward" to discussing World Restructuring in "the coming months" they said so in the August announcement last year. That covers a time from anywhere from August 2019 - the end of time. So if you aren't willing to wait that long, you're just being impatient!

I think this thread should come with a Geordie voice saying 'day 937. Anet still haven't got any further with alliances. The part time intern forming the entire wvw team has been busy dealing with other things today, as there was a major crisis over in pve when someone spotted a sock slightly too long and it had to be recoded as a priority over the work on alliances'...(for those who don't understand, the Geordie voice is from the UK version of Big Brother)..