World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

it's finally just not my job to fix this... i don't think we have much if any influence on the development. and if i read quite some posts on here, it's also better alike. it is like 25% pretty good ideas and 75% wanting kittens and skyscales. and have probably not even yet unlocked the warclaw, or think every charakter needs to have access to every skill and utility option etc :dizzy:

about gw1, i never played it, so cannot say much. might check the vid later

about @"vier.1327" idk any of these names ol

many of the core points have been discussed in certain topics... i think this one here is mainly having the job to remind the devs that they're still having one promise to keep.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> i think diku means that NA has lost far more active servers. bunch of the people fill EU spots by now even i think, would be odd to explain where the night blobs of more than a full map size come from otherwise.

>

Correct...Team Creation Solutions...like Server & Language Linking...has negatively impacted the Long-Term Population of this WvW game mode...imho

Alliance Linking is another Team Creation Solution & I can only see history repeating itself.

Told you so

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1311428/#Comment_1311428

---

I'm amazed WvW is still chugging along despite the many bad decisions that have been done to this game mode.

I'd like to see a better Road Map for WvW from ANet...that can properly explain where Alliance Linking fits within the greater scheme of things.

"Anything worth doing is worth planning" - A G.I. Joe PSA

If ANet doesn't have a Road Map...here's an example Road Map:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@"Valelutra.9128" good question, but the answer is, we still don't know. afaik they initially just said it was "delayed" or sth alike

@"Diku.2546" agreeing with your there

it's fun that they enabled cross-language links, but gave Baruch Bay the option to stay open to gather spanish players there lol. so they broke their system there, we need a full break of the links however. the population system also needs a look at.

the really bad thing with links is that they are only temporarily. (in bunch of cases, that may be good as well but yeah)

so it's like speed dating, just that u don't have the option to keep a match, even if both would be up for it. :dizzy:

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

or think every charakter needs to have access to every skill and utility option etc :dizzy: > about gw1, i never played it, so cannot say much. might check the vid later

GW! Every character had a primary and secondary profession , you could change your secondarys whenever you wanted , mix and match trait lines , skills ... the result 100s of different , varied , PLAYER CREATED builds , my thief necro for JQ was designed to make casters lives a misery , as was my ranger, my ele mes was a shrine capping god.

GW2 took all that way , all that creativity , invention, the trial and error of build creation and dumbed it down to , this is your weapon, this the things you can do with it .

Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

Aunque parezcamos sarcásticos y enfadados en estos foros, aún creemos en la compañía.

English has failed us, let's try in other languages....

What if this has been the problem all these years?

> @"vier.1327" said:

> Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

>

> Aunque parezcamos sarcásticos y enfadados en estos foros, aún creemos en la compañía.

>

> English has failed us, let's try in other languages....

>

> What if this has been the problem all these years?

Dunno, I try.

Arenanet, qua non si batte chiodo da anni, eppure qualcuno, come me, è tornato perché crede in questo gioco. Ma sta passando troppo, troppo tempo; è arrivata l'ora di rinnovare un po' questa modalità, che vogliamo fare?

Sperando di non essere delusi ancora una volta,

saluti dall'Italia.

> @"Nigredo.2084" said:

> > @"vier.1327" said:

> > Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

> >

> > Aunque parezcamos sarcásticos y enfadados en estos foros, aún creemos en la compañía.

> >

> > English has failed us, let's try in other languages....

> >

> > What if this has been the problem all these years?

>

> Dunno, I try.

>

> Arenanet, qua non si batte chiodo da anni, eppure qualcuno, come me, è tornato perché crede in questo gioco. Ma sta passando troppo, troppo tempo; è arrivata l'ora di rinnovare un po' questa modalità, che vogliamo fare?

> Sperando di non essere delusi ancora una volta,

> saluti dall'Italia.

>

>

Ah, Gailia est provinca to you too!

> @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> > "ding dang"

> > "who there"

> > #alliances when

> >

> > outside of that, i agree that the project sounds not flawless, but keep in mind that the guy on the vid just guessed how it would work or precisely look. i agree that i think they worked in much of the area into other maps

>

> As long as there are transfers

>

> #Never

Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> > > "ding dang"

> > > "who there"

> > > #alliances when

> > >

> > > outside of that, i agree that the project sounds not flawless, but keep in mind that the guy on the vid just guessed how it would work or precisely look. i agree that i think they worked in much of the area into other maps

> >

> > As long as there are transfers

> >

> > #Never

>

> Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

This. So much and only this!! ^^

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > #Never

>

> Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

Funny thing, I was always under the impression that getting new players to play your game who are not jaded veterans with fully upgraded accounts and solid gold economies would be more lucrative than trying to milk those jaded veterans and make them quit (taking everyone's content with them).

I think you are confusing investing in sales with riding the wave out :3

Imagine investing in a Steam release with full WvW servers and marketing your PvP that you don't really care about there B)

> @"subversiontwo.7501" said:

> > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > #Never

> >

> > Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

> Funny thing, I was always under the impression that getting new players to play your game who are not jaded veterans with fully upgraded accounts and solid gold economies would be more lucrative than trying to milk those jaded veterans and make them quit (taking everyone's content with them).

In sales there is hunting (getting new customers) and also farming (milking existing customers) at the same time.

In a saturated market farming usually is more cost effective than hunting but a sales department should do both.