Mirage Invul Evade Stomp

> @"GenerationX.9178" said:

> I don't know if people noticed it but I saw mirage use the evade to safe stomp. No other class and evade while stomping....the dodge on mirage is already really strong but also being about to use it while stomping making it impossible to interrupt.

Ummmm...wuuuut? Theif can spec to evade stomp :open_mouth: Kind of stomp and evade but you get the point.

Your dodge ability is replaced by Bound, dealing damage to the area after you evade. Physical damage is increased for a period of time after you dodge.

Bounding Dodger (4s): 10% Damage

should know people would be like "oh its not op at all" evades have no where as long of cool down as the invul skills. basically mesmer can safe stomp anytime as long they have a dodge. oh its not op. least the other invul methods have cool down. the thief skill does auto stomp but you try fulling landing it with all the auto traits?

> @"Curt.7963" said:

> FYI the evade lasts 1 second. A finisher takes 3.5 seconds. At minimum you have to burn both evades to secure a stomp under CC pressure. Its far from fool proof and it definitely feels balanced considering what other classes have.

Sounds like stealthing would be more effective :)

Thief - Shadowstep Stomping + Easy access to Stealth + Impact Strike

Warrior - Easy access to Stability

Guardian - Easy access to Aegis + Stability

Engineer - Elixir S Invul Stomping + Elixir S Stealth Toolbelt skill

Ranger - Celestial Shadow + Longbow #3 (Don’t remember the name) + Blasting Smokescale’s Smoke field

Elementalist - Mist Form

These were the only ones I could remember.

My god it's 1s evade...

If a mirage burns both dodges to cover 2/3rds of the stomp duration then they have to gtfo or eat damage.

Or more accurately they have to time a single dodge to avoid any interrupts/damage during a stomp.

Yes Mesmer can stab stomp (if chaos traited), blind stomp (duelling), tele stomp and invuln stomp. The first two are easily dealt with in a teamfight, the third is rare to waste skills unless in wvw, and the fourth has always been available on a medium/long cooldown.

I don't see how mirage dodge is an issue when stomping - either teammates have to be aware of this and spread a couple of interrupts to catch them outside of the evade frames, or pressure and try to unload heavy damage/kill them aftwerwards if they burn both dodges to secure a stomp.

Of course this is all assuming a stomp in a 1v2+ scenario or teamfight. It would be stupid to complain about it in a 1v1 because no matter the class the victor should finish the downed player unless they're bad.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > But the fact that the Mirage Evades is 5 to 10 secs for an evade that doesn’t break any channel is just stupid strong but hey what is Balance.

> Thats not fact. The mirage isnt a thief. They only got 2 dodges and each is 1s evade. Distortion is 1-3s.

>

Oh really it’s not a fact that the cd of each Dodge is 5 to 10 seconds, or the fact it doesn’t break channels? Come on tell me where I was incorrect. Some people Might want to learn the game mechanics.

> @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Mist.6217" said:

> > > Vs say using something that provides stability? or popping an invulnerable skill right before stomping? No other case can do either of those? Complaining about nothing just to complain is really silly...

> >

> > Do those have like 5s cooldown?

>

> do Mirage has access to 5sec invul or enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CC ed?

What class has 5 sec invul? Does power thief, ele or engi have enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CCed?

Mirage, like other classes, got the immune stomp through distorsion. Immunities last from 3 to 4 seconds usually, mesmer's fits there. Evade stomp is just the icing on top, something that other classes on similar footing lack.

Your bias is showing.

> @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"Mist.6217" said:

> > > > > Vs say using something that provides stability? or popping an invulnerable skill right before stomping? No other case can do either of those? Complaining about nothing just to complain is really silly...

> > > >

> > > > Do those have like 5s cooldown?

> > >

> > > do Mirage has access to 5sec invul or enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CC ed?

> >

> > What class has 5 sec invul? Does power thief, ele or engi have enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CCed?

> >

> > Mirage, like other classes, got the immune stomp through distorsion. Immunities last from 3 to 4 seconds usually, mesmer's fits there. Evade stomp is just the icing on top, something that other classes on similar footing lack.

> >

> > Your bias is showing.

>

> I don't even use mirage in pvp, too squishy to hold a point so not my play-style.

>

> Engineer has double elixir and more than enough stealth to cover a complete stomp, what kind of thief needs to stomp? if you ever see one doing that, please report him/her for match manipulation also... outside of team-fights, you cannot CC a good daredevil, a good weaver has more than enough sustain (something that mirage lacks) and can also pop up mist for it. On top of that unlike thief, engineer or weaver... or most power builds for what it matters, Mirage ain't a good elite to finish off downed people.

>

> Compare it to spellbreaker, druid or firebrand. Unless you're a rev or a necro Elusive mind is the smallest thing on a list of problems when dealing with a (even bad) Mirage at that kind of scenario.

>

> Noobtip: Distortion lasts for 1sec and elusive mind has an internal cooldown, you cannot cover the whole cast with evades.

Sigh...

First, not every weaver is a tank.

Second, Engi elixir is on 48s cd. You cannot double elixir at will.

Third, elusive mind has no cooldown. What are you even talking about?

Lastly, distortion does _not_ last 1 second when used properly, that alone told me volumes about the kind of player that you are so I'll avoid replying anymore.