How do you spend your gold?

Queen.5837

I tend to come up with silly goals in game, like getting all the dyes, and spending a bunch of gold on them (but of course not even getting all of them cuz some are so expensive), and then losing interest and moving on to a new goal (all the low-level skins!), etc. But I'm really trying to save up more. There are some good tips in this thread from people. =)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Lately I've been making 18 slot bags (10), going to starter zones and popping my Mentor tag.

>

> I then go into walk mode and just stroll around the map gathering nodes and announcing events when I come across them.

>

> If a new unguilded map level player (not down scaled) asks any questions, I give them a bag.

That is really nice of you! Thanks for being such a terrific contributor to our community!

As for my gold: Well, I usually save it for the longest time, then somehow go on a random shopping spree and drop a bunch. Last night a player invited me into their home instance, and that gave me a chance to build my "node list" for future acquisitions. That works a treat if you've already harvested in your own HI, as I had, and then go into the more properly equipped HI. Anyway, I think I'm missing about 7 or 8 nodes. Which isn't bad, I guess. But when I saw some of them -- like the Difluorite Crystal Cluster Node -- I knew I needed more. (I mean, come on! It's purple!! ;) )

I can't say I have a huge amount of things that I wish to purchase anymore, so I am sort of storing up Gold slowly. Typically I end up finding a new legendary I want to make or some fancy infusion that I want to purchase, and make big splurges for those things. I'll probably save a little while now and splurge on Verdarach since I really enjoy instruments in the game. Depends if they add new instruments to the Gem Store for me to play with instead.

I kinda spend my gold very, very poorly. xD

I save up for a while via crafting and selling - but once I hit 100g or close to it I can't help but spend it on gems, dyes, and something else. I should spend it on other things but I swear I'm part skritt sometimes.

I'm too broke in RL to spend money on gems (unless I get lucky on my B-day or X-mas and get some gemcards) so I do gold to gem transfers for some nice things here and there.

Most of my money is spent on earning more money. I've started trading legendary weapons frequently, and though I'm technically earning money I'm spending over a thousand gold on each trade. You'd be surprised how rare mystic clovers and obsidian shards can be when you need a lot of them.

For spending money on things that I intend to keep... occasionally something will catch my fancy. They're usually very expensive. The last couple of times I've spend my money on buying all of the mounts.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I make legs, sell them for even more gold and then waste it til im down to the sum buy a new precursor, rinse, repeat

>

> ^^ This. Also, it allows me the gold to pay for legendary armor as well. Just sold three legendaries, so working on medium and heavy legendary as I've already finished my light.

>

> Once those are done, might have enough left to buy some more precursors.

Sorry for being a noob, Can we pay for legendary armor? or you mean buying mats to make the gifts. Thanks

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > I make legs, sell them for even more gold and then waste it til im down to the sum buy a new precursor, rinse, repeat

> >

> > ^^ This. Also, it allows me the gold to pay for legendary armor as well. Just sold three legendaries, so working on medium and heavy legendary as I've already finished my light.

> >

> > Once those are done, might have enough left to buy some more precursors.

>

> Sorry for being a noob, Can we pay for legendary armor? or you mean buying mats to make the gifts. Thanks

You CAN buy raid runs which I believe is what is meant by buying legendary armour in most cases.

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > I make legs, sell them for even more gold and then waste it til im down to the sum buy a new precursor, rinse, repeat

> >

> > ^^ This. Also, it allows me the gold to pay for legendary armor as well. Just sold three legendaries, so working on medium and heavy legendary as I've already finished my light.

> >

> > Once those are done, might have enough left to buy some more precursors.

>

> Sorry for being a noob, Can we pay for legendary armor? or you mean buying mats to make the gifts. Thanks

The mats for the gifts.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Lately I've been making 18 slot bags (10), going to starter zones and popping my Mentor tag.

> >

> > I then go into walk mode and just stroll around the map gathering nodes and announcing events when I come across them.

> >

> > If a new unguilded map level player (not down scaled) asks any questions, I give them a bag.

>

> That is really nice of you! Thanks for being such a terrific contributor to our community!

>

> As for my gold: Well, I usually save it for the longest time, then somehow go on a random shopping spree and drop a bunch. Last night a player invited me into their home instance, and that gave me a chance to build my "node list" for future acquisitions. That works a treat if you've already harvested in your own HI, as I had, and then go into the more properly equipped HI. Anyway, I think I'm missing about 7 or 8 nodes. Which isn't bad, I guess. But when I saw some of them -- like the Difluorite Crystal Cluster Node -- I knew I needed more. (I mean, come on! It's purple!! ;) )

It's not been as successful as I hoped. I've given out only 3 chests in the last 4 days. A lot come up to me and just oogle, lol.

I hope l don't get reported as a bot. Yesterday I had 2 Asurans walk with me the entire Queensdale map and we're playing the harp for me. I totally enjoyed that walk!!!