ATs suggestions

BeLZedaR.4790

Some nice features like special ATs and swiss are coming which is great, hopefully it’s out asap.

Making thie thread so people can suggest more improvements to the system.

Here are some of the things that come easily to my mind:

1. More daily ATs. I don’t think 4 is enough, it often happens none of them land within the time I can play that day. This will also help the people who want to play 5 man competitive and not soloq.

2. Weeklies. mAT is probably the best thing about this system and having smaller versions of it that are more serious than the daily ones and gives decent rewards. IMO the rewards should be just a little less than the mAT ones and without title/crown obviously.

3. This kind of supports both my previous suggestions and it is to increase the rewards.

As it stands right now dailies are only worth it if you place 4th or higher. That’s unrealistic for some people and quite discouraging. I heard more than once people especially gold and lower players “what’s the point if i just get stomped 1st round by full team with xxx legend titles” and especially if you get bad value per time investment.

If hypothetically you increase the rewards overall, people are gonna be like oh I just win once and EZ 15 gold. That way you have more people participate in the more dailys you add and they still have incentive to play better for better rewards.

However the rewards for losing first round should still be minimal to avoid exploiting the system.

mAT rewards I guess are fine because they have the very unique crowns but the other stuff is worthless and might be worth to look at.

4. An alternative to rewards increase to give incentive to participate is a teams leaderboards based on placements in each daily AT and the teams you beat in that AT. mAT should count for a lot more obviously and weeklies too if they become a thing. Possibly a season reset after every one or two monthlies.

Leave your ideas below.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

>

> One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

>

> Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

>

> The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

so you are just re-adding team queue...

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"nortask.8351" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

> >

> > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> >

> > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> >

> > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

>

> so you are just re-adding team queue...

In way, yes. But, I think in a way that addresses some of the weaknesses we'd have in just adding a team queue.

> @"nortask.8351" said:

> > We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

> >

> > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> >

> > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> >

> > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

>

> so you are just re-adding team queue...

They need to make RANKED as team-queue only and then give decent, rewards for solo-queue "unranked" (which would then have a larger pool for matchmaking).

Ranked solo-queue is a terrible, un-fun, noncompetitive experience that needs to go.

And THEN they need to add about 4-5 different game modes/maps (other than conquest - and some 10v10 or 15v15 would be fun) for unranked solo-queue. And keep addin' em! Let us enjoy playing without "chasing the meta" and still be rewarded with pips and chests. If I have to have 4 random people dictate my experience, then at least make it a fun experience!

> > @"nortask.8351" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

> > >

> > > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> > >

> > > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> > >

> > > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

> >

> > so you are just re-adding team queue...

>

> In way, yes. But, I think in a way that addresses some of the weaknesses we'd have in just adding a team queue.

>

Hey whichever way you word it, and whatever rewards it has, I'm down. I just want to play in an organized setting against other organized, good players. That is what pvp is about.

> > >

> > > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> > >

> > > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> > >

> > > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

> >

>

> In way, yes. But, I think in a way that addresses some of the weaknesses we'd have in just adding a team queue.

>

Tbh I think if you would make another poll which asks if we would rather stick with soloq or get teamq back the majority for sure would vote teamq.

Soloq is unplayable. Period.

I‘m sorry but I don’t enjoy pvp anymore and I‘m not the only one. All top pvp players left the game this season. Not only due to bad balance but also because you destroyed the game mode which is team based with soloq. I get that it kinda was our choice but nobody thought this through and everybody regrets voting for that.

Nothing is more frustrating when you play a perfect match but you still lose because you have bad teammates or the enemies outcomp you.

Atleast give us duoq back. I didn’t understand why u removed that in the first place.

I‘m only gonna play pvp for ats now.

>

> One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

>

> Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

>

> The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

Will there be a leader board for such a tourny? Rewards dont matter to me at all as long as the competition processes are fair.

Such as balanced comp, map choices, and population for diverse player base competition. 2/3 of those are within a devs capabilities i tjink.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > > @"nortask.8351" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > We're working on several AT enhancements right now, as you mentioned.

> > > >

> > > > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> > > >

> > > > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> > > >

> > > > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

> > >

> > > so you are just re-adding team queue...

> >

> > In way, yes. But, I think in a way that addresses some of the weaknesses we'd have in just adding a team queue.

> >

> Tbh I think if you would make another poll which asks if we would rather stick with soloq or get teamq back the majority for sure would vote teamq.

> Soloq is unplayable. Period.

> I‘m sorry but I don’t enjoy pvp anymore and I‘m not the only one. All top pvp players left the game this season. Not only due to bad balance but also because you destroyed the game mode which is team based with soloq. I get that it kinda was our choice but nobody thought this through and everybody regrets voting for that.

> Nothing is more frustrating when you play a perfect match but you still lose because you have bad teammates or the enemies outcomp you.

> Atleast give us duoq back. I didn’t understand why u removed that in the first place.

> I‘m only gonna play pvp for ats now.

There shouldn't be a vote at all. They should take ownership of their game and make things better. Which means... 5-man team queue for ranked and a fun solo-queue unranked (that is more rewarding that it is now, and ideally has more varied game modes added over time).

Can we finally just move past circle quest. It requires a full team with voice chat and that's what is done in tournaments to win. You can have crappy players vs some decent ones but if the not so good pugs have voice chat vs a random 5 good then there is a distinct advantage.. Need to finally just cut off the bad arm and move to TDM where some skill is involved not just being good at running to a circle.

>

>

>

Can u guus disallow class swap mid match? And something about ppl creating teams with alt acount to afk get the gold for participating?

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > > >

> > > > One thing we're looking into that we've only briefly touched on before is adding a couple daily tournaments that reset immediately when finished.

> > > >

> > > > Current design is that once 4 teams signed up, it would start a timer to give a few more teams a chance to sign up. Once the timer ends, the tournament would start with whoever was there.

> > > >

> > > > The main difference between these and the normal dailies would be that the rewards would be very reduced to prevent farming.

> > >

> >

> > In way, yes. But, I think in a way that addresses some of the weaknesses we'd have in just adding a team queue.

> >

> Tbh I think if you would make another poll which asks if we would rather stick with soloq or get teamq back the majority for sure would vote teamq.

> I‘m sorry but I don’t enjoy pvp anymore and I‘m not the only one. All top pvp players left the game this season. Not only due to bad balance but also because you destroyed the game mode which is team based with soloq. I get that it kinda was our choice but nobody thought this through and everybody regrets voting for that.

> Nothing is more frustrating when you play a perfect match but you still lose because you have bad teammates or the enemies outcomp you.

> Atleast give us duoq back. I didn’t understand why u removed that in the first place.

Teamq in ranked is gonna make it joke again to queue without a team. I agree on duoq though.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

I think that’s a nice way to handle this. Thought about the other points i brought up maybe?

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

You make it sound like it is Ben's fault, when it clearly isn't. It is the ones who are of this charge of specifically the balancing and what not. Ben has been specifically in charge of things like tweaking matchmaking and giving us information about the possibility with different maps, a different game mode etc.

At LEAST he is giving us information that he can share. The ones that were in charge in balancing for so long are the ones that need to come out of hiding and actually speak.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

Don't be delusional. The same has been outcried a million times before the voting. It failed, people don't want that apart from a very vocal minority.

It's not unplayable. You most likely overestimate your own skill level (like many). I have had terrible matches with terrible teammates here and there, but it's not happening constantly. If you feel that way, you are most likely simply stuck on your skill level and trying to blame it on others.

> I‘m sorry but I don’t enjoy pvp anymore and I‘m not the only one. All top pvp players left the game this season. Not only due to bad balance but also because you destroyed the game mode which is team based with soloq.

You have AT for top level pvp.

>I get that it kinda was our choice but nobody thought this through and everybody regrets voting for that.

Stop projecting your thoughts to everyone else. This has been discussed before, most people are actually satisfied with this, but they won't come here and post on forums about how great the system is (why would they?)

It's not a perfect match if you lose it :P comp is not a problem of soloqueue. Bad teammates come and go, collateral damage.

Again, they removed it because they were asked to remove it a million times. This is a less straightforward thing though, as there was no vote on that. But feedback was positive on this apart from the duoquers, obviously (there has been some statistic about duoq and soloq players, 5-95% IIRC)

That's what you should do if you are looking for 5 people premades. It was created for that actual reason.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> It's not unplayable. You most likely overestimate your own skill level (like many). I have had terrible matches with terrible teammates here and there, but it's not happening constantly. If you feel that way, you are most likely simply stuck on your skill level and trying to blame it on others.

So I dont know what gives u the right to judge but I'm top10-25 on both NA and EU I'm pretty sure I'm not overestimating my skill. And due to every good player leaving you are indeed constantly stuck with gold trash players even when I'm top10 so I dont think I'm stuck on my skill level.

> You have AT for top level pvp.

ATs are the only way to play with a team but dont forget that ranked is also a teambased mode.

> Stop projecting your thoughts to everyone else. This has been discussed before, most people are actually satisfied with this, but they won't come here and post on forums about how great the system is (why would they?)

Nobody is satifsfied but you I assume lol. Why do u think the most important players of pvp left the game?

> It's not a perfect match if you lose it :P comp is not a problem of soloqueue. Bad teammates come and go, collateral damage.

you dont have any idea what you are talking about... when u play a perfect match it doesnt mean u need to win and saying its not a problem of comp is dumb af.. because atm comp>skill in many cases. especially on NA I experienced this. I constantly get non meta builds like power reapers, dragonhunters etc. even on top10 ques while enemies are mostly metacomp stacked with scourge/fb druids etc.

> Again, they removed it because they were asked to remove it a million times. This is a less straightforward thing though, as there was no vote on that. But feedback was positive on this apart from the duoquers, obviously (there has been some statistic about duoq and soloq players, 5-95% IIRC)

Of course its positive, for bad players atleast... ofc they cried when losing to a team which had 2 good players duoqued but why do we listen to the pvp playerbase that sucks at pvp?

@"rank eleven monk.9502"

I don't understand how people defend soloq in a team based game mode. lol

I dont care if we have ATs or not. Ranked arena is a team based game mode period.

If u want us to soloq give us a solo game mode or call ranked 'random arenas' like in gw1

But selling ranked arena as solo game mode is a joke.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > It's not unplayable. You most likely overestimate your own skill level (like many). I have had terrible matches with terrible teammates here and there, but it's not happening constantly. If you feel that way, you are most likely simply stuck on your skill level and trying to blame it on others.

> So I dont know what gives u the right to judge but I'm top10-25 on both NA and EU I'm pretty sure I'm not overestimating my skill. And due to every good player leaving you are indeed constantly stuck with gold trash players even when I'm top10 so I dont think I'm stuck on my skill level.

> > You have AT for top level pvp.

> ATs are the only way to play with a team but dont forget that ranked is also a teambased mode.

> > Stop projecting your thoughts to everyone else. This has been discussed before, most people are actually satisfied with this, but they won't come here and post on forums about how great the system is (why would they?)

> Nobody is satifsfied but you I assume lol. Why do u think the most important players of pvp left the game?

> > It's not a perfect match if you lose it :P comp is not a problem of soloqueue. Bad teammates come and go, collateral damage.

> you dont have any idea what you are talking about... when u play a perfect match it doesnt mean u need to win and saying its not a problem of comp is dumb af.. because atm comp>skill in many cases. especially on NA I experienced this. I constantly get non meta builds like power reapers, dragonhunters etc. even on top10 ques while enemies are mostly metacomp stacked with scourge/fb druids etc.

> > Again, they removed it because they were asked to remove it a million times. This is a less straightforward thing though, as there was no vote on that. But feedback was positive on this apart from the duoquers, obviously (there has been some statistic about duoq and soloq players, 5-95% IIRC)

> Of course its positive, for bad players atleast... ofc they cried when losing to a team which had 2 good players duoqued but why do we listen to the pvp playerbase that sucks at pvp?

>

agreed

AT's are complete garbage. All that happens there is the steamrolling that people QQ'd about that got 5 man ques wiped out in the first place. If you are going to do this silly AT stuff give us back 5 man ques. At least then you can stop wasting time and resources on ATs and work on stuff that matters.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

Were you _not_ here for all of the "Legendary player carrying X"! "Team X Carrying Y"! "I cant get a match because X Team Farming us!" Pardon me if you were not, I just assumed because you said you wanted it -back-...

If you listen carefully there's people echoing that same sentiment for unranked, but unranked is just that so I don't really think premades matter much there.

Not saying you are part of this group, but look around the forums. Its interesting to see people in general flip flop between "I want solo q to be enforced!" and "I want team q back now!" when what they should be asking for is an answer to why they're constantly losing.

Never mind that they're ignoring ATs, which are specifically designed to cater to that...

> @"rank eleven monk.9502"

> I don't understand how people defend soloq in a team based game mode. lol

> I dont care if we have ATs or not. Ranked arena is a team based game mode period.

> If u want us to soloq give us a solo game mode or call ranked 'random arenas' like in gw1

> But selling ranked arena as solo game mode is a joke.

Oh! Speaking of jokes, I have one for you.

A legendary player, a legendary player, a legendary player, a legendary player, and a legendary player all walk into a Team Queue with discord versus a team of friends.

the punchline is they didn't know what build the thief was.

Hey who's fault is it if you don't have friends or you and your friends aren't good enough to compete at a high level? 5 man que should never have gone away in sPvP. They did because the little QQ no talent hacks cried enough and got it barely voted for since they want a safe space and don't like the "big mean premades" lol what a crock

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> @"rank eleven monk.9502"

> I don't understand how people defend soloq in a team based game mode. lol

> I dont care if we have ATs or not. Ranked arena is a team based game mode period.

> If u want us to soloq give us a solo game mode or call ranked 'random arenas' like in gw1

> But selling ranked arena as solo game mode is a joke.

I agree 100%, /thread.

Bring back team q as a new mode, Team Arena or Team Ranked. Something outside of ATs where a group can Q up.