Who Else Is Looking Forward to an Announcement Regarding LWS4E2 Tomorrow?

Who Else Is Looking Forward to an Announcement Regarding LWS4E2 Tomorrow? Tomorrow is February 20th which happens to 12 weeks since the release of Daybreak. Optimistically speaking I'm expecting a trailer for Episode 2 of the Living World. Realistically I'm expecting an official statement addressing the delay of the release of the episode in question, perhaps even offering up an ETA. The pessimistic side of me however is expecting an announcement stating that Living World releases will become quarterly releases because of the depth and size of the Open World patches since Instan is the Largest LW Map ever released and had to be crafted to encourage the use of all 5 mounts, the last Episode's story was written to the highest quality and felt like an Expansion Act in length (meaning how Path of Fire had 3 beefy Acts), will be triple releases from now on to offer up a Raid Wing and Fractal.

How ever after 12 weeks I might question Arenanet's judgement if they say nothing at all, I mean we as a customer base did just reward them with their most profitable financial quarter in years so they should theoretically have no shortage of financial resources.

PS the longer the wait the higher the stakes they face for quality and quantity expected, so I have no doubt this upcoming Episode will exceed expectations just like Daybreak did for many of us. Either way thank you for producing polished content patches.

They said to offer a steady pace. When it comes to software development, you can always hit some bugs, even if the blocking kind. Keep in mind that while such a bug can block the release, it doesn’t halt the vast majority of the team to move along. I think we are not entitled in any comment or explaination if this is the case. Only when they are really causing delay in the overall pace they should (e.g. if they have sent e2 to the bin as it was utterly garbage and started over).

In sort, the overall statement from arenanet is true. It is ready to be ready.

We might have an announcement tomorrow

We might hear nothing

We might get an explaination

We might actually get E2 as it is simply ready and there is no reason to delay it further by announcements.

In short. Be patient.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> They said to offer a steady pace. When it comes to software development, you can always hit some bugs, even if the blocking kind. Keep in mind that while such a bug can block the release, it doesn’t halt the vast majority of the team to move along. I think we are not entitled in any comment or explaination if this is the case. Only when they are really causing delay in the overall pace they should (e.g. if they have sent e2 to the bin as it was utterly garbage and started over).

> In sort, the overall statement from arenanet is true. It is ready to be ready.

> We might have an announcement tomorrow

> We might hear nothing

> We might get an explaination

> We might actually get E2 as it is simply ready and there is no reason to delay it further by announcements.

>

> In short. Be patient.

Nothing in my candor suggests otherwise.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> Who Else Is Looking Forward to an Announcement Regarding LWS4E2 Tomorrow? Tomorrow is February 20th which happens to 12 weeks since the release of Daybreak. Optimistically speaking I'm expecting a trailer for Episode 2 of the Living World. Realistically I'm expecting an official statement addressing the delay of the release of the episode in question, perhaps even offering up an ETA. The pessimistic side of me however is expecting an announcement stating that Living World releases will become quarterly releases because of the depth and size of the Open World patches since Instan is the Largest LW Map ever released and had to be crafted to encourage the use of all 5 mounts, the last Episode's story was written to the highest quality and felt like an Expansion Act in length (meaning how Path of Fire had 3 beefy Acts), will be triple releases from now on to offer up a Raid Wing and Fractal.

>

> How ever after 12 weeks I might question Arenanet's judgement if they say nothing at all, I mean we as a customer base did just reward them with their most profitable financial quarter in years so they should theoretically have no shortage of financial resources.

>

> PS the longer the wait the higher the stakes they face for quality and quantity expected, so I have no doubt this upcoming Episode will exceed expectations just like Daybreak did for many of us. Either way thank you for producing polished content patches.

Good news for you, there's no reason to explain about a delay in release because there is no delay in release. Your math is off by two entire weeks, LWS4E1 was release on the 28th of November, ArenaNet was shut down between December 24 and January 8, thereby removing those weeks from the release cadence calendar(you could technically count them, but since they aren't actually working I wouldn't). If you want to use that basis then the actual 3 month date would be March 6th, however I do realize a lot of people won't buy this argument .

> @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > I do realize a lot of people won't buy this argument .

>

> Why pay for something that's free. ;P

>

> I expect no announcement tomorrow. About Thursday, the boiling rage in some members of the community will prompt a response. Announcement next week, and release in 2.

>

>

What are you implying is free, as far as I'm aware access to this season was paid for by my purchase of Path of Fire, this is merely the back end of the expansion.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > I do realize a lot of people won't buy this argument .

> >

> > Why pay for something that's free. ;P

> >

> > I expect no announcement tomorrow. About Thursday, the boiling rage in some members of the community will prompt a response. Announcement next week, and release in 2.

> >

> >

>

> What are you implying is free, as far as I'm aware access to this season was paid for by my purchase of Path of Fire, this is merely the back end of the expansion.

Did you read what I quoted. It's called a pun.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I believe one of the LS3 teasers began on a thurs or friday. I forget which, so tomorrow is not a given

>

>

Anet PROMISED it'd be tomorrow in this out-of-context quote that I vaguely remember! So they better or they just lost another whale!

> They said to offer a steady pace. When it comes to software development, you can always hit some bugs, even if the blocking kind. Keep in mind that while such a bug can block the release, it doesn’t halt the vast majority of the team to move along. I think we are not entitled in any comment or explaination if this is the case. Only when they are really causing delay in the overall pace they should (e.g. if they have sent e2 to the bin as it was utterly garbage and started over).

> In sort, the overall statement from arenanet is true. It is ready to be ready.

> We might hear nothing

> We might actually get E2 as it is simply ready and there is no reason to delay it further by announcements.

>

> In short. Be patient.

BUGS.. never stopped them releasing anything before :)

Not since pre LWS1 has an expansion, patch or minor update been pushed through that didn't have some kind of bug ridden element requiring a constant stream of band aids as a follow up.

That said though their record of pushing content through, good or indifferent is pretty good without many delays at all from the plan.. some yes but nothing earth shattering, compared to other MMO's I have frequented over the years.

As for getting some form of announcement, trailer etc.. I decline to jump on the hype trains so's not to be disappointed if something get pushed out there or not.. unexpected news always goes down nicer for me :)

> We might hear nothing

>

> In short. Be patient.

The gave us a time period of 3 months tops its expected that if they are to delay it they will anounce it. Lack of communication is the last thing that should happen.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > Who Else Is Looking Forward to an Announcement Regarding LWS4E2 Tomorrow? Tomorrow is February 20th which happens to 12 weeks since the release of Daybreak. Optimistically speaking I'm expecting a trailer for Episode 2 of the Living World. Realistically I'm expecting an official statement addressing the delay of the release of the episode in question, perhaps even offering up an ETA. The pessimistic side of me however is expecting an announcement stating that Living World releases will become quarterly releases because of the depth and size of the Open World patches since Instan is the Largest LW Map ever released and had to be crafted to encourage the use of all 5 mounts, the last Episode's story was written to the highest quality and felt like an Expansion Act in length (meaning how Path of Fire had 3 beefy Acts), will be triple releases from now on to offer up a Raid Wing and Fractal.

> >

> > How ever after 12 weeks I might question Arenanet's judgement if they say nothing at all, I mean we as a customer base did just reward them with their most profitable financial quarter in years so they should theoretically have no shortage of financial resources.

> >

> > PS the longer the wait the higher the stakes they face for quality and quantity expected, so I have no doubt this upcoming Episode will exceed expectations just like Daybreak did for many of us. Either way thank you for producing polished content patches.

>

> Good news for you, there's no reason to explain about a delay in release because there is no delay in release. Your math is off by two entire weeks, LWS4E1 was release on the 28th of November, ArenaNet was shut down between December 24 and January 8, thereby removing those weeks from the release cadence calendar(you could technically count them, but since they aren't actually working I wouldn't). If you want to use that basis then the actual 3 month date would be March 6th, however I do realize a lot of people won't buy this argument .

They also started developememt since the end of se3 ep 5 or se3 ep 6.