another CoR thread

Stand The Wall.6987

Bout time CoR got the nerf bat. Wasn't fair that an inferior skill on a very comparable weapon on another class gets its damage nerfed by 20% and cd upped to 6s whereas CoR remained untouched since HoT launch. Now I can finally stop posting my favorite copypasta about nerfing trueshot whenever someone brings up CoR.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Threather.9354" said:

> > Hammer rev is fine. Its very punishable spec and retri rev with much less burst damage will win that hammer war every time just because this one shot rev youre talking about is so squishy.

> >

> > It really isn't that hard to guess the ability intervals.

>

> what if theres 5 of them every push like there usually is lol? hammer rev is imo the biggest cause of pirate ship. not so sure about this punishable spec business, they can just swap to shiro and hit riposting shadows twice and run away. I don't want it nerfed to oblivion but it seems way too effective for what it does.

If there are 5 revs freecasting on your blob then it only means one thing: your blob is inherently weaker than theirs and those 5 revs can be replaced by 5 thieves and you'd still lose.

Also, shiro is extremely bad unless you are just rolling over the enemy (and again, you can replace your shiro revs with anything else at this point and still win) because it takes 1 scourge to put some condis on you and you're useless.

Hammer rev isn't the cause of pirateship because before PoF there was no pirateship. Warrior bubble and scourge brought back pirateship. People played hammer on revs in the melee train for a while because there was no viable alternative power weapon. Later condi revs became meta because hammer did no damage and had no corrupts.

It's really funny seeing all these hammer complaints but people don't realize full zerk hammer rev on shiro is a snowball spec. Try to run one (or five) outnumbered against enemy who knows to push and see what happens. Very quickly you'll see dwarf and resistance is why revs are really good in WvW, whether or not they play power or condi is ultimately irrelevant.

> @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Threather.9354" said:

> > > Hammer rev is fine. Its very punishable spec and retri rev with much less burst damage will win that hammer war every time just because this one shot rev youre talking about is so squishy.

> > >

> > > It really isn't that hard to guess the ability intervals.

> >

> > what if theres 5 of them every push like there usually is lol? hammer rev is imo the biggest cause of pirate ship. not so sure about this punishable spec business, they can just swap to shiro and hit riposting shadows twice and run away. I don't want it nerfed to oblivion but it seems way too effective for what it does.

>

> If there are 5 revs freecasting on your blob then it only means one thing: your blob is inherently weaker than theirs and those 5 revs can be replaced by 5 thieves and you'd still lose.

>

> Also, shiro is extremely bad unless you are just rolling over the enemy (and again, you can replace your shiro revs with anything else at this point and still win) because it takes 1 scourge to put some condis on you and you're useless.

>

> Hammer rev isn't the cause of pirateship because before PoF there was no pirateship. Warrior bubble and scourge brought back pirateship. People played hammer on revs in the melee train for a while because there was no viable alternative power weapon. Later condi revs became meta because hammer did no damage and had no corrupts.

>

> It's really funny seeing all these hammer complaints but people don't realize full zerk hammer rev on shiro is a snowball spec. Try to run one (or five) outnumbered against enemy who knows to push and see what happens. Very quickly you'll see dwarf and resistance is why revs are really good in WvW, whether or not they play power or condi is ultimately irrelevant.

this is true. its also true that the skill massively over performs for what it does. one dope who clicks one button can take out 33-50% of 5 peoples hp. that's pretty ridiculous.

> what if the 1st and 3rd damage multipliers were switched around, to reward and punish close quarters and make it more of an execution type skill? would it be completely ruined? getting hit by an 11k CoR with 3300 armor feelsbadman. so does this pirate ship meta where any fool that can press one button is suddenly a threat.

> edit

> just did maths and it seems it will hit for about 3.6k on a 3.3k armor opponent with 215% crit damage, +20% damage multipliers, and 3500 power. the #3 would be untouched and hit for about 5k. both assuming no protection.

> edit

> the auto would be untouched as well which can do some wacky damage if youre kinda glassy

You are just bad, that rev doing that damage will literally die if you look at him, make a ranger just focus on revs and they will literally die under 2 secs, Rev dosnt have any other relevant weapon that can put any damage besides hemmer, most guilds dont even run revs at all LOL get good.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > what if the 1st and 3rd damage multipliers were switched around, to reward and punish close quarters and make it more of an execution type skill? would it be completely ruined? getting hit by an 11k CoR with 3300 armor feelsbadman. so does this pirate ship meta where any fool that can press one button is suddenly a threat.

> > edit

> > just did maths and it seems it will hit for about 3.6k on a 3.3k armor opponent with 215% crit damage, +20% damage multipliers, and 3500 power. the #3 would be untouched and hit for about 5k. both assuming no protection.

> > edit

> > the auto would be untouched as well which can do some wacky damage if youre kinda glassy

>

> You are just bad, that rev doing that damage will literally die if you look at him, make a ranger just focus on revs and they will literally die under 2 secs, Rev dosnt have any other relevant weapon that can put any damage besides hemmer, most guilds dont even run revs at all LOL get good.

cool story bro

The "meta" in wvw is to go heavy vitality to counteract conditions (with almost no toughness), which is really the only reason why any power build (not just revenant) are dealing massive numbers right now. I'm using basically the same build since HoT launch and instead of hitting a bunch of Guardians in PVT gear, I am hitting a bunch of wanna-be frontline Scourges in Viper gear.

A few non posted builds I've encountered to work.

marauder armor dura runes pvt trinkers zerk weapon on energy sigil and force.

Tanky but strong.

Also the over toughess knight armor dura runes and pvt trinkets with zerk weapons on energy and force.

tanky for blobs.

i do understand the threat of revs. i did command recently on zerk rev and it was fun.

maybe a positioning issue? like what we do when we raid is to play smart.and not to get hit.

> @"Thustlewhumber.7416" said:

> The "meta" in wvw is to go heavy vitality to counteract conditions (with almost no toughness), which is really the only reason why any power build (not just revenant) are dealing massive numbers right now. I'm using basically the same build since HoT launch and instead of hitting a bunch of Guardians in PVT gear, I am hitting a bunch of wanna-be frontline Scourges in Viper gear.

*lolwat?*

That is completely Ignoring the fact CoR hit for 8K+ on 1800+ toughness builds. I was recently hit by a 10.5K CoR on 1550 toughness and that wasnt even when zerging, it was smallscale. Like 1% of scourges in WvW run vipers and they are mostly lost sheep coming in from PvE. At least in the EU zerg scourges are all running trailblazer (2100 toughness baseline) or the "weaker" hybrid builds.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> A few non posted builds I've encountered to work.

>

> marauder armor dura runes pvt trinkers zerk weapon on energy sigil and force.

>

> Tanky but strong.

>

> Also the over toughess knight armor dura runes and pvt trinkets with zerk weapons on energy and force.

>

> tanky for blobs.

>

> i do understand the threat of revs. i did command recently on zerk rev and it was fun.

>

> maybe a positioning issue? like what we do when we raid is to play smart.and not to get hit.

Wheres the damage in these builds? If you go overly tanky its just wasted stats... You dont really need to go melee range as rev, your dwarf elite and mallyx resi have 600 radius, your hammer skills have 1200 range. Most AoE is 300 radius meaning going 350 range off tag when low is enough, not to mention that you can just rotate staff 3, dodges, dwarf elite, hammer 3, hammer 4 and other cool skills to reduce the damage...

Me myself am debating between half marauder half zerk rev with dura runes or dps runes.... Which to me is like choosing between tanky or semitanky. Making the build 80% knight and PVT seems little overkill and calling enemy to just one push you. Why not put your necros on nomad as well. Eles on full cavalier/knight. Just trust the other players by giving them builds they can make good plays with instead of giving them builds they can't die with.

*"Where's the range pressure guys???? Why are we losing the start of the fight always"*

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > A few non posted builds I've encountered to work.

> >

> > marauder armor dura runes pvt trinkers zerk weapon on energy sigil and force.

> >

> > Tanky but strong.

> >

> > Also the over toughess knight armor dura runes and pvt trinkets with zerk weapons on energy and force.

> >

> > tanky for blobs.

> >

> > i do understand the threat of revs. i did command recently on zerk rev and it was fun.

> >

> > maybe a positioning issue? like what we do when we raid is to play smart.and not to get hit.

>

> Wheres the damage in these builds? If you go overly tanky its just wasted stats... You dont really need to go melee range as rev, your dwarf elite and mallyx resi have 600 radius, your hammer skills have 1200 range. Most AoE is 300 radius meaning going 350 range off tag when low is enough, not to mention that you can just rotate staff 3, dodges, dwarf elite, hammer 3, hammer 4 and other cool skills to reduce the damage...

>

> Me myself am debating between half marauder half zerk rev with dura runes or dps runes.... Which to me is like choosing between tanky or semitanky. Making the build 80% knight and PVT seems little overkill and calling enemy to just one push you. Why not put your necros on nomad as well. Eles on full cavalier/knight. Just trust the other players by giving them builds they can make good plays with instead of giving them builds they can't die with.

>

> *"Where's the range pressure guys???? Why are we losing the start of the fight always"*

>

i have my builds posted on a different thread.

as for the tanky ones, those are for people learning the game. it was suggested to me by asura the destroyer, one of the best drivers out there of golden hord. wean out survivavility in lieu of experience. the better you are the more damage if power you can go. same with condi, from trail to hybrid. but healer condi is really good now despite the past nerfs.

or set roles for players - guild runs.

if ppl are having problems with revs, they must learn to get used to not dying. and if they do indeed die, not care. rise and fight.

i commanded with zerk rev. its already very good. one shot thiefs will get you though if they focus u. ground markers help here or voip. ask ppl to push and run back the mekee and range on standby to bomb. backline commanding

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> it sounds funny, people dying to cor's in a age where a zerg probably is covered with barrier, where's Rev's probably are just hitting barrier HP :}

oh youre in the minority where ppl actually run full meta zergs? cool bro.

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @Sovereign.1093, it sounds funny, people dying to cor's in a age where a zerg probably is covered with barrier, where's Rev's probably are just hitting barrier HP :}

> >

>

> hehe. =) some dont want to dodge at alk

yeah ill dodge 5 cors every 4 seconds cuz theyre easy to see and there aren't any other threats.

I mean, I would rather this thread just die but if youre comin at me with this...

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > it sounds funny, people dying to cor's in a age where a zerg probably is covered with barrier, where's Rev's probably are just hitting barrier HP :}

> oh youre in the minority where ppl actually run full meta zergs? cool bro.

>

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @Sovereign.1093, it sounds funny, people dying to cor's in a age where a zerg probably is covered with barrier, where's Rev's probably are just hitting barrier HP :}

> > >

> >

> > hehe. =) some dont want to dodge at alk

> yeah ill dodge 5 cors every 4 seconds cuz theyre easy to see and there aren't any other threats.

>

> I mean, I would rather this thread just die but if youre comin at me with this...

>

@Stand The Wall.6987, no im a pug'er, having more scourges is just a symptom that accurs whenever some class is strong into certain situations, those classes will always apear more than the other's, and in larger gameplay even enemy servers pug's are made basicly of scourges... has a hammer rev spammer mylself ill ic is targets with barrier.

And usually we played most time outmaned (well...played ,cause atm taking a break from this game, gw2 is to lammer at the moment, with poor gameplay quality).

By the other hand theres also the visual polution that does not help at all, u never know when theres a few CoR's being casted somewhere where u stand and u will eat with all of the "floating damage" and some random casted CoR's those foes, for some amazing reason are not rendered on the other side(only rendered on caster side) or not visible due visual polution.

That is how the game works, and with all the amount of aoe and visual polution Anet add's every expantions expect to get worse.

> when they rev you, rev back harder. =)

The issue is u know when u sufered from some CoR's even on smaller fights by observing health and combat log.. it is stupid, due the visual polution u barelly cant identify the skills being casted, so many time si ended with migranes due try to decypher all those skills in the brigh yellow light... who was targeting who? etc.. this is a bad combat designed game...