An Update On Episode 2

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> I never understood this about not giving some approximate dates and leaving things in the air, we do not know if it will be in days, weeks or what.

I am guessing you are not a developer or a creative? I can give a ballpark of when I would LIKE to have something done but I know as soon as I do someone will hold me to that number, no matter how many caveats I gave.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ansatsu.2678" said:

> Couldn't you have released the trailer while fixing the game? Or is something wrong with the trailer itself?

While I want to see the trailer too it ends with the release date, which is currently unknown. Plus we do not know the nature of the problem, it could affect the content in the current trailer.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > Another thought... Add some world completion bonuses to keep people occupied while they are waiting on the next episode. Something like extra BL keys or retired skins.

>

> Yay so the skin economy will drop even more...

It takes awhile to do world complete so it's more busy play than super-rewarding. Each player might get map complete on one or two characters before the episode release. It was just a suggestion.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Apparently I'm the only one thinking this way, but I'd prefer to have a new buggy content to play asap, instead of waiting an unknown period of time with nothing else to do in the game...oh well, it can't be helped so I'll wait.

Nah. While there are some minor bugs that we can live with ( and some could be quite funny ) if there is something gamebreaking, Anet shouldn't release it until they got the problem sorted out. And with the delay, I think Anet found something gamebreaking that should be fixed before release.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Apparently I'm the only one thinking this way, but I'd prefer to have a new buggy content to play asap, instead of waiting an unknown period of time with nothing else to do in the game...oh well, it can't be helped so I'll wait.

Sure about wanting bugs? What if entering the new zone meant every currency in your wallet went poof .... I am guessing you would want that fixed.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > Another thought... Add some world completion bonuses to keep people occupied while they are waiting on the next episode. Something like extra BL keys or retired skins.

> >

> > Yay so the skin economy will drop even more...

>

> It takes awhile to do world complete so it's more busy play than super-rewarding. Each player might get map complete on one or two characters before the episode release. It was just a suggestion.

Nah maps esp with mounts doesnt take too long to complete. Ik it was just a suggestion im just argueing that it could hurt the already weak blw market.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Chickenooble.5014" said:

> > As long as you guys don't make more "Astralarium Stairs" in the next release, you can have as much time as you need. If I see some shoddy environment design like that mess of a building then I'm going to get really upset with you guys and buy fewer gems.

>

> I didnt see anything messy about the design of the astralarium. The mount movement abilitues made it even easier to move around.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18355/whats-the-deal-with-the-fugly-astralarium-stairs/p1

Images might be worth looking at.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

> I imagine issues 'pop-up' when they test the finished (hopefully) product/release on their in-house live servers. I'd bet we would rather they test it there, rather than test it on our live servers...wouldn't you?

Their 3-months cadence ends next week, so in 2 weeks it won't be PROMISED 3-months cadence, as I understand that the issuses popped up and there is nothing they can do till the next week or so, but I think not releasing the trailer yesterday was weird, I mean that would be really good and make people busy for the next 2-3 weeks until the episode will be released, dont you think?

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

> > I imagine issues 'pop-up' when they test the finished (hopefully) product/release on their in-house live servers. I'd bet we would rather they test it there, rather than test it on our live servers...wouldn't you?

>

> Their 3-months cadence ends next week, so in 2 weeks it won't be PROMISED 3-months cadence, as I understand that the issuses popped up and there is nothing they can do till the next week or so, but I think not releasing the trailer yesterday was weird, I mean that would be really good and make people busy for the next 2-3 weeks until the episode will be released, dont you think?

Umm...a trailer only takes me a couple of minutes to watch, and, at most, another hour to watch WP dissect it. So, no, I don't think that would keep players or potential players busy for 2 or 3 weeks. Nor do I believe I mentioned anything about the trailer in my post; perhaps there was something in the post I was responding to. I really must consider quoting more often.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

I feel this way too within general reason. I'd go pretty buggy over delaying though

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> The statement doesn’t say anything :-1:

They could have just released it with a bunch of bugs and breaks, possibly making the game unplayable at launch. They could have not tested anything out and just gave it to us as is. For you to say this doesn't say anything, when it says they are really trying to be dedicated to the customer's satisfactory needs is quite ignorant.

> @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said:

> Hey everyone!

>

> We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer along with the announcement of its release date. However, as we were preparing the episode for launch we discovered issues that we want to take additional time to address, to make sure it lives up to our standards. Once we have nailed down the last few details, started the process for moving the build to Live, and are confident when the episode will launch, we will release the trailer. Thank you for patience and bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on Episode 2. We look forward to playing the next chapter of Living World with all of you once it is released.

>

> Thanks!

> Mike Zadorojny

>

What does discovering some issues with the episode have to do with releasing the trailer.

If the plan was for unveiling the episode 2 trailer today that would mean the trailer has already been made.

It would be possible to release the trailer first to give the players something to look forward 2 and get us hyped for the upcoming episode instead of waiting till there is a definitive release date.

Hope we get it today still or soon, because it will make no sense to release the trailer on the day that the new episode is released or even a few days before.

> @"LightofConduct.1693" said:

> > @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said:

> > Hey everyone!

> >

> > We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer along with the announcement of its release date. However, as we were preparing the episode for launch we discovered issues that we want to take additional time to address, to make sure it lives up to our standards. Once we have nailed down the last few details, started the process for moving the build to Live, and are confident when the episode will launch, we will release the trailer. Thank you for patience and bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on Episode 2. We look forward to playing the next chapter of Living World with all of you once it is released.

> >

> > Thanks!

> > Mike Zadorojny

> >

> What does discovering some issues with the episode have to do with releasing the trailer.

> If the plan was for unveiling the episode 2 trailer today that would mean the trailer has already been made.

> It would be possible to release the trailer first to give the players something to look forward 2 and get us hyped for the upcoming episode instead of waiting till there is a definitive release date.

> Hope we get it today still or soon, because it will make no sense to release the trailer on the day that the new episode is released or even a few days before.

>

If you look at earlier trailers, I think you'll find that they all contain release date so if the trailer was indeed already cut (which seems likely) it would have contained a date which no longer is true. They'd have to change it around to be able to release it - and then likely make another one when release date was indeed set.

To me it seems like the time spent doing that might not have been productive.

As much as I’d like to believe we could get the trailer tomorrow and patch next Tuesday I’m pretty sure best case is trailer Tuesday and patch in a week or two. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did indeed wait and release it at the end of the pvp season on the 13th.

Can agree that some teasers would be nice though. But that could dampen the impact of the trailer. Who knows.

I hope you guys add some guild decorations though. ;p

Just finished my third world completion and am eager to find out which part of the world we’re going to next!

Also wondering if that big multi seater Rhino looking mount could be a possible addition in this patch which may have created some technical difficulties. (Something that shaman datamined a silhouette of and in no way indicated it was an actual mount.)

Either way, here’s to hoping it’s soon!