deleted in protest

This shouldn't even be a thing outside of chat channels.

The lfg tool should be automated based on role selection and should teleport everyone to the desired instance once the group fills up.

Get that elitist attitude out and let people see content.

Anet has to take some responsibility here. They neglect a proper matchmaking system for dungeons etc. And let players dictate everything.

This is wrong.

If they took the power away from these people and built it directly into the game like every other modern mmo/mp game, many more people would get to see dungeons and fractals and even raids and in a much more timely manner.

It would also solve a lot of toxicity, elitism and paid carries.

If dungeon content was more accessible, there'd be no need for these paid carries.

I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

It hurts to say it, but it is clear because this game has not triumphed as much as expected: lack of ambition.

There are no automatic pairing systems, no raids on scalable difficulty, the game engine has not been updated at any time (20fps with a 1080ti + ryzen 1800x seriously?)

He has hooked me for having free time and for lore, but I know that in less than a month I will not be playing around here and like me thousands of players.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> There are no automatic pairing systems

This would be fantastic, sign up for raid like you would a PvP match and wait till the group fills out. I still haven't done raids yet but would if I could sign up this way....

I've tried to raid in the past but it never worked within the time frame I had, spend half hour or more looking for a group only to be kicked once I mention I haven't done one before and if I wanted to join in on one, I would have to join a 100% rep guild to do so... No thanks.

> @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people selling pugs/achievements, this kind of thing always has been (and will be) part of any MMORG, problem is when something like this becomes a daily thing on the LFG scenario.

>

> ![](https://pasteboard.co/H8Iy54R.jpg "")

>

> I already know (and understand) aNET's stance on this, however when pug selling surpasses real pugs in a game it is a clear indication that something wrong is going on, and more controls become a must. Let's be honest, what do you thing a new player would think when he/she sees something like this every day?

>

> real answer is... not much of an incentive to "buy expansions for raiding"

>

At worst, that's evidence that ANet should reconsider its stance on whether to have an extra category for service advertisements. (Or an extra category that's called something else that buyers & sellers can use for that purpose.)

Keep in mind that raid-now PUGs will fill and the advert will disappear. There can be a few per hour or a hundred; there's no way to tell the difference without watching for the entire hour. In contrast, Sellers can leave their ads up all day. So it will appear to us as if there are more seller-ads, even if that's not the case.

It might be annoying and frustrating to mentally filter out the adverts that don't interest you, but it's hardly an indication that "something is wrong."

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> Anet is missing a chance here. They should be requiring a handling charge/tax of 50%.

15% seems to be their magic number.

And really, with the way that people can get scammed, it'd be nice if ANet could set up a legit way to sell raid slots and punish sellers who renege or fail to provide. Basically, a special LFG where the funds are held in escrow until the run is completed, and if it's not, funds are returned to the seller. If so, funds are dispersed to the original group, at a 15% tax.

I'm sure Evon Gnashblade could use the extra cash for providing such a service.

I hope this is a sign of declining interest in raiding altogether. Wouldn't be surprised. A lot of players grinds this content for legendary armor only. Selling won't go away. People are not interested in playing the content, all they want is to get rewards gated there. We are currently at the "golden age of dungeon speedrunning" for raiding. And we know what happened to dungeons after this :)

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

There are many training guilds and initiatives. If people advertising sells means to you that the only way to clear content is to buy then you have the wrong mindset.

> @"Jojo.6140" said:

> To anyone who wants automatic pairing for raids: Those automatic groups wouldnt be able to clear the content. Just open a lfg in the raid tab with nothing but "everyone welcome" und you will see how well it goes...

Then the content is over tuned for the demographic this game was marketed to.

Every other mmo is an elitist raid treadmill. Why do you people insist that needs to happen here?

> @"DMO.4158" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > @"DMO.4158" said:

> > > This shouldn't even be a thing outside of chat channels.

> > >

> > > The lfg tool should be automated based on role selection and should teleport everyone to the desired instance once the group fills up.

> > >

> > > Get that elitist attitude out and let people see content.

> > >

> > > Anet has to take some responsibility here. They neglect a proper matchmaking system for dungeons etc. And let players dictate everything.

> > > This is wrong.

> > >

> > > If they took the power away from these people and built it directly into the game like every other modern mmo/mp game, many more people would get to see dungeons and fractals and even raids and in a much more timely manner.

> > > It would also solve a lot of toxicity, elitism and paid carries.

> > >

> > > If dungeon content was more accessible, there'd be no need for these paid carries.

> >

> > Right on! Let's have full raid communism. Sieze the means of group formation! No more bourgeoisie free choice!!! From each according to their ability TO each according to their slackness!

>

> No one said anything about removing the ability for dootches to manually form their own snob groups.

>

> Keep trying though

Actually, that's **exactly** what you said. See the following:

> @"DMO.4158" said:

>They neglect a proper matchmaking system for dungeons etc. And let players dictate everything.

>This is wrong.

>If they took the power away from these people and built it directly into the game like every other modern mmo/mp game

> @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

>

> There are many training guilds and initiatives. If people advertising sells means to you that the only way to clear content is to buy then you have the wrong mindset.

>

We return to the same, I do not like to be in guilds, I do not like to have schedules, we are engaged in an old vision of the mmo.

> @"Jojo.6140" said:

> To anyone who wants automatic pairing for raids: Those automatic groups wouldnt be able to clear the content. Just open a lfg in the raid tab with nothing but "everyone welcome" und you will see how well it goes...

Easy solution: as in fractals, different tiers of difficulty.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > To anyone who wants automatic pairing for raids: Those automatic groups wouldnt be able to clear the content. Just open a lfg in the raid tab with nothing but "everyone welcome" und you will see how well it goes...

>

>

> Easy solution: as in fractals, different tiers of difficulty.

That's not "easy" and it creates a whole bunch of other problems. And those are among the reasons ANet isn't going to introduce multiple tiers of difficulty for raids. (Plus, it likely wouldn't address the fundamental reason why folks buy raid runs, unless easy mode raids offer the same rewards.)

It's worth noting, the raid sellers mostly stick to the Looking for More tab, NOT the Looking for Group tab. If we could just as a commity agree to keep it that way, sellers only use LFM and normal raiders only LFG, then this would be a non-issue. You would never see sellers when looking for your precious raid runs.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> There are no automatic pairing systems

I absolutely hate automated systems that pair people. It is so impersonal. I like to list my post with fun time descriptions sometimes.

As for the selling this selling that post. Shouldn't really be able to do that out in the open. That has to be somewhere in the terms and agreement. Posts should just disappear after a while. Those who need to pay someone to do a Dungeon/Raid/ or Fractal should have to go to some obscure subreddit forum.

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > @"Wilk.2965" said:

>

> > There are no automatic pairing systems

> I absolutely hate automated systems that pair people. It is so impersonal. I like to list my post with fun time descriptions sometimes.

>

> As for the selling this selling that post. Shouldn't really be able to do that out in the open. That has to be somewhere in the terms and agreement. Posts should just disappear after a while. Those who need to pay someone to do a Dungeon/Raid/ or Fractal should have to go to some obscure subreddit forum.

>

>

>

The good thing is that the automatic system does not cancel the manual, it is one more option.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > To anyone who wants automatic pairing for raids: Those automatic groups wouldnt be able to clear the content. Just open a lfg in the raid tab with nothing but "everyone welcome" und you will see how well it goes...

> >

> >

> > Easy solution: as in fractals, different tiers of difficulty.

>

> That's not "easy" and it creates a whole bunch of other problems. And those are among the reasons ANet isn't going to introduce multiple tiers of difficulty for raids. (Plus, it likely wouldn't address the fundamental reason why folks buy raid runs, unless easy mode raids offer the same rewards.)

Yes, it's easy, usually with reducing the damage and the boss's life = 90% done.

But the elitists love to have exclusive content for them and believe that they are better for not having a personal life and being able to dedicate 5 hours a day to a game.

Dedicate hours of programming for content that only 10% of players will play is not sustainable.

In addition, it ends up becoming an element that in the future will not influence many players when deciding whether to buy a new expansion or not. Or directly to continue playing.

Why do you think blizzard created the LFG and different difficulty modes? Because the raids stopped being a reason to buy new expansions and the vast majority of players did not play that content. (hours of development for nothing)

Arenanet, obviously, can do whatever it wants, but is proven that more options and more accessible content (does not mean easier) = more players = more money = more content for everyone.

> @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > > @"Wilk.2965" said:

> > > I am a returned player and I was very happy to see that there were raids in GW2 now. I lasted 5 minutes to see that it is exclusive content for those who pay other players (with the support of arena) or for a privileged elitist guilds.

> >

> > There are many training guilds and initiatives. If people advertising sells means to you that the only way to clear content is to buy then you have the wrong mindset.

> >

>

> We return to the same, I do not like to be in guilds, I do not like to have schedules, we are engaged in an old vision of the mmo.

If you don't like being in guilds or raid communities in content that's aimed at 10 people working together over a prolonged period of time to learn mechanics and work together, then raids may not be for you.