I cant find something worth doing

maxx.1279

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

>

> Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

>

> Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> >

> > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> >

> > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

>

> No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

>

> U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

a quote from my email

"3/22/14

to me

Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

and

"Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

October 23, 2015"

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> > >

> > > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> > >

> > > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

> >

> > No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

> >

> > U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

>

> a quote from my email

> "3/22/14

>

> to me

>

> Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

>

> and

>

> "Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

> October 23, 2015"

The fact that u started 2 years later doesnt mean anything. infact it mean u got 2 years worth of updates without having to w8.

Also i saw somewhere u mentioned that u didnt buy the expac because it was in a purchase form outside of the game. Do you mean that u would only buy it if it was available through gems? And by that do you mean u would turn gold to gems and buy the expansions?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> > > >

> > > > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> > > >

> > > > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

> > >

> > > No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

> > >

> > > U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

> >

> > a quote from my email

> > "3/22/14

> >

> > to me

> >

> > Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

> >

> > and

> >

> > "Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

> > October 23, 2015"

>

> The fact that u started 2 years later doesnt mean anything. infact it mean u got 2 years worth of updates without having to w8.

>

> Also i saw somewhere u mentioned that u didnt buy the expac because it was in a purchase form outside of the game. Do you mean that u would only buy it if it was available through gems? And by that do you mean u would turn gold to gems and buy the expansions?

Didn't have to wait for updates? lol ya cause having a head start to buy stacks of green skins who wants that? I didn't buy because arena net told me my computer at the time couldn't run it.. took a while to buy a computer.

I will not pay money for power. if it was a gem store item I would have no complaint as it would be achievable through in game play. Even if the gem price was much higher. even if that came with out the content (maps,story,raidin). As it would meet the principal. every thing is achievable through in game play.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> > > > >

> > > > > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

> > > >

> > > > No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

> > > >

> > > > U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

> > >

> > > a quote from my email

> > > "3/22/14

> > >

> > > to me

> > >

> > > Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

> > >

> > > and

> > >

> > > "Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

> > > October 23, 2015"

> >

> > The fact that u started 2 years later doesnt mean anything. infact it mean u got 2 years worth of updates without having to w8.

> >

> > Also i saw somewhere u mentioned that u didnt buy the expac because it was in a purchase form outside of the game. Do you mean that u would only buy it if it was available through gems? And by that do you mean u would turn gold to gems and buy the expansions?

>

> Didn't have to wait for updates? lol ya cause having a head start to buy stacks of green skins who wants that? I didn't buy because arena net told me my computer at the time couldn't run it.. took a while to buy a computer.

> I will not pay money for power. if it was a gem store item I would have no complaint as it would be achievable through in game play. Even if the gem price was much higher. even if that came with out the content (maps,story,raidin). As it would meet the principal. every thing is achievable through in game play.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're convinced your right and you're on a moral crusade that hamstrings your effort in this game. Not like a lot of people in this thread have agreed with you so maybe it isn't so cut and dried. You don't buy the expansion you don't get access to the elite specs.

All the stuff you say you can't do can be done. You just choose not to do it.

The game sells expansions. People who support the game buy them. People who don't buy them really shouldn't have that much of a say because they're not supporting the game.

You've managed to rationalize a reason not to buy the expansion. You find that reason valid. Most people don't seem to find that reason valid.

If only a small percentage of the population agrees with you, you must acknowledge at least the possibility that your reasoning is flawed.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > This is really silly. If you want more stuff to do, then buy the expansions that will give you more content.

>

> Your misunderstanding then, I liked the stuff I could do before the DLC came out. I don't want more. i just want the game to function satisfactorily in those things.

> and i wont pay to increase my power. I wouldn't need something more to do if i could enjoy the reason i bought the game.

The stuff you can do before the expansion came out is enhanced by getting the expansion. So the solution to all your problems is to just get the expansions, I really don't see what the big deal is. Is it a money issue? You can get both expansions right now for 50 bucks, which is less than the price of an xbox game.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

> > > > >

> > > > > No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

> > > > >

> > > > > U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

> > > >

> > > > a quote from my email

> > > > "3/22/14

> > > >

> > > > to me

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

> > > >

> > > > and

> > > >

> > > > "Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

> > > > October 23, 2015"

> > >

> > > The fact that u started 2 years later doesnt mean anything. infact it mean u got 2 years worth of updates without having to w8.

> > >

> > > Also i saw somewhere u mentioned that u didnt buy the expac because it was in a purchase form outside of the game. Do you mean that u would only buy it if it was available through gems? And by that do you mean u would turn gold to gems and buy the expansions?

> >

> > Didn't have to wait for updates? lol ya cause having a head start to buy stacks of green skins who wants that? I didn't buy because arena net told me my computer at the time couldn't run it.. took a while to buy a computer.

> > I will not pay money for power. if it was a gem store item I would have no complaint as it would be achievable through in game play. Even if the gem price was much higher. even if that came with out the content (maps,story,raidin). As it would meet the principal. every thing is achievable through in game play.

>

> It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're convinced your right and you're on a moral crusade that hamstrings your effort in this game. Not like a lot of people in this thread have agreed with you so maybe it isn't so cut and dried. You don't buy the expansion you don't get access to the elite specs.

>

> All the stuff you say you can't do can be done. You just choose not to do it.

>

> The game sells expansions. People who support the game buy them. People who don't buy them really shouldn't have that much of a say because they're not supporting the game.

>

> You've managed to rationalize a reason not to buy the expansion. You find that reason valid. Most people don't seem to find that reason valid.

>

> If only a small percentage of the population agrees with you, you must acknowledge at least the possibility that your reasoning is flawed.

No, not really I left for a long time, poked my nose in after a couple years once in a while did some daily's made a killing on a 3 stacks of Superior Sigil of Mischief while time passed. Forgot about the game. Came back cause I wanted some trade post action!!!!! and the game really burns you on everything if every thing you search on the wiki says nope you didn't buy it. but when I see that it doesn't make me wana change my mind it convinces me that I made a great choice.

It sounds like you would be best moving on or focusing on other parts of the game you enjoy instead and maybe in the future you could return and enjoy it more if the expansions are ever available for gems.

The way that the expansions new content and features interact with accounts that do not have the expansions enabled is balanced very well for this style of game in my opinion. Allowing people without the expansions to still play in the same player pool (no level cap changes) and not allowing all features everywhere (mounts in pvp/instances) is a great way to make sure the player base is separated as little as possible, for example to fix your issue it would only cause more problems that I can think of and is probably already dealt with in a great way as in trying to balance between all versions of the game whilst adding new content. Alternate ways that provide problems include; separating player base by expansions, which would effect everyone negatively in increasing queue times and divide the player base which is the opposite of what mmo's want; to only allow core traits in pvp, which will mean people are limited more in choices than what is currently available and removing content seems like something the developers do not want to do anymore as seen with the changes to how the living world works now.

So basically the only way I see this problem being solved for you is if the expansions go up for sale for gems at some point which I guess is not currently the case because it is a liability towards the business in some way. Good luck and I hope you find enjoyment in the game again.

At the end of the day an expansion is different from DLC. DLC is additional content you can get to enhance the base game, and an expansion is expanding the base game into a new game. Expansions are not in any way unusual for MMOs, it's just that this game happens to be free to play and allow you to do a lot of the content without the expansions, but the base game now is the game with the expansion just like any other MMO that releases an expansion.

You don't enjoy the content you're currently playing, and you're unwilling or unable to pay for the expansions, so I really don't know what anyone can tell you. Maybe try to find other content in the game you enjoy other than only using the trading post, or move on to a different game that you enjoy.

I get the complaint about power creep in the expansions. I tend to think that it was a bad move to make elite specs, in many cases, superior to core. But, the whole argument about everything being promised in the gemstore is ridiculous IMO.

Anyone who paid for access to the original core game still has it, and then some.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> I get the complaint about power creep in the expansions. I tend to think that it was a bad move to make elite specs, in many cases, superior to core. But, the whole argument about everything being promised in the gemstore is ridiculous IMO.

>

> Anyone who paid for access to the original core game still has it, and then some.

As I said if I could find the pre-release talks I would link and time stamp examples for you. unfortunately I have not found those videos there is too much expansion videos that clutter up searches I tried. I was specifically looking for the original announcement video. when it was still a concept. i cant find any pre-game material.

What do those videos u are calling back to talk about? How the game is b2p and how u can picj it back up without a sub? If so thats what you got.

Pof and Hot are diff games that simply provide an enchanced experience of the base game. If you expect the base game to forevermore be supportedwith content then idk what to tell u coz that wasnt really mentioned anywhere iirc.

I am surprised this topic hasn't been binned yet. You aren't buying power by any stretch of the imagination. You are buying content. Hell, they are giving LW content for free to those who have the expansions and log in in the 3-month-ish time windows. I think you just want everything handed to you, on top of Arenanet's relatively generous handouts.

I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

> @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> I am surprised this topic hasn't been binned yet. You aren't buying power by any stretch of the imagination. You are buying content. Hell, they are giving LW content for free to those who have the expansions and log in in the 3-month-ish time windows. I think you just want everything handed to you, on top of Arenanet's relatively generous handouts.

Not just the ones who have expansions.

Anyone who have an account even a free to play one unlocks the current lw content that they then can use when they upgrade to to latest expansion.

That have said content at this moment pof.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

U cant expext a developer to keep giving u content for free.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > I looked over the videos on GW2 youtube channel and could not actually find any reference to the gem store so even though against my own memory saying every thing would be available for in game currency I could only find them saying "no subscription". so for the time being will have to concede that point.

>

> U cant expext a developer to keep giving u content for free.

for the last time i did not ask for any thing for free. and your comment is not related to what I said.

and you can buy story items for gems.

The hardest solution (and impermanent) to ask for would be balance. if it comes to the end of this I want balance. so fine balance every possible spec from the core game with every spec from the expansions. or wvw is broken and fractals if what I said wasn't a fair solution. fine balance me.

Whow, you are still discussing :)

Two last points from me (1st class Elite Citizien Dayra, lol :) ):

- The GW2 server are still running, this of course cost money per day that you aren't paying. So be happy that ANet's business model (Gem-Shop + Extensions) let them earn enough money to pay the server. My favoured Online game went bankrupt after just 1 year and the server shut down :(

- Thank ANet that they keep you partially competitive. Other games like WoW increase the max-level per expansion, kicking you completely out of competition and leave you alone in depopulated areas.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > > > This is really silly. If you want more stuff to do, then buy the expansions that will give you more content.

> > >

> > > Your misunderstanding then, I liked the stuff I could do before the DLC came out. I don't want more. i just want the game to function satisfactorily in those things.

> > > and i wont pay to increase my power. I wouldn't need something more to do if i could enjoy the reason i bought the game.

> >

> > Sorry, mate, you didn't pay for enjoyment, you paid for content. Can you imagine if I bought a movie ticket but didn't enjoy the film and then demanded to be allowed to watch all movies for free because the one I paid for wasn't satisfactory? You'd think I was mental, wouldn't you? Yet, here you are....

>

> I never asked for anything free. just what i paid for.

And you have it. You paid for the core game, you have the core game with all its features. You didn't pay for expansions, you didn't pay for enjoyment, you didn't pay for satisfaction, you didn't pay for people to want to play with you, you didn't pay to win every battle. A b2p game is bound to have expansions that follow the same b2p model and enhance the game experience in some way: new classes, new levels, new skills, new gear, new maps, new dungeons. It's foolish to ever assume you'll keep receiving those upgrades for free in a b2p game. Oh, and, btw, fractals were not part of the original GW2, they came a few months later and you got them for free. You actually got MORE than what you paid for yet still have the nerve to sit here and demand even more.

PS: Red herring does not mean what you think it means.

> @"maxx.1279" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"maxx.1279" said:

> > > > > > > ProverbsofHell So, if you buy a game that says you will only pay the box price, and a year later they say pay more. you say the answer is pay more or leave. how is your response any different than our first class elite citizen Dayra?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Fallesafe we are talking about GW2 not wow. wow did not promise buy only the box.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lilyanna i did not say people should get the DLC free. do not put words in my mouth. you are conflating what I said with a separate unreasonable argument.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No they said pay the box price for the cobtent said box will include. And it wasnt a year after it was 3+ years after the base game that they came out with an expansion. 3+ years of free content and when it came to the expansion the amount of content didnt justify shipping it for free and hoping for gem sales to balance it out.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > U paid for a product and u got 3 years worth of updates on top of the base game.

> > > > >

> > > > > a quote from my email

> > > > > "3/22/14

> > > > >

> > > > > to me

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!"

> > > > >

> > > > > and

> > > > >

> > > > > "Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Initial release date

> > > > > October 23, 2015"

> > > >

> > > > The fact that u started 2 years later doesnt mean anything. infact it mean u got 2 years worth of updates without having to w8.

> > > >

> > > > Also i saw somewhere u mentioned that u didnt buy the expac because it was in a purchase form outside of the game. Do you mean that u would only buy it if it was available through gems? And by that do you mean u would turn gold to gems and buy the expansions?

> > >

> > > Didn't have to wait for updates? lol ya cause having a head start to buy stacks of green skins who wants that? I didn't buy because arena net told me my computer at the time couldn't run it.. took a while to buy a computer.

> > > I will not pay money for power. if it was a gem store item I would have no complaint as it would be achievable through in game play. Even if the gem price was much higher. even if that came with out the content (maps,story,raidin). As it would meet the principal. every thing is achievable through in game play.

> >

> > It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're convinced your right and you're on a moral crusade that hamstrings your effort in this game. Not like a lot of people in this thread have agreed with you so maybe it isn't so cut and dried. You don't buy the expansion you don't get access to the elite specs.

> >

> > All the stuff you say you can't do can be done. You just choose not to do it.

> >

> > The game sells expansions. People who support the game buy them. People who don't buy them really shouldn't have that much of a say because they're not supporting the game.

> >

> > You've managed to rationalize a reason not to buy the expansion. You find that reason valid. Most people don't seem to find that reason valid.

> >

> > If only a small percentage of the population agrees with you, you must acknowledge at least the possibility that your reasoning is flawed.

>

> No, not really I left for a long time, poked my nose in after a couple years once in a while did some daily's made a killing on a 3 stacks of Superior Sigil of Mischief while time passed. Forgot about the game. Came back cause I wanted some trade post action!!!!! and the game really burns you on everything if every thing you search on the wiki says nope you didn't buy it. but when I see that it doesn't make me wana change my mind it convinces me that I made a great choice.

I'm convinced that you'd feel this way about any MMO you played and left for any length of time, therefore your choice is not good or bad. It's just your choice.

Most people here aren't agreeing that it was based on solid reasoning.

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> Whow, you are still discussing :)

>

> Two last points from me (1st class Elite Citizien Dayra, lol :) ):

> - The GW2 server are still running, this of course cost money per day that you aren't paying. So be happy that ANet's business model (Gem-Shop + Extensions) let them earn enough money to pay the server. My favoured Online game went bankrupt after just 1 year and the server shut down :(

> - Thank ANet that they keep you partially competitive. Other games like WoW increase the max-level per expansion, kicking you completely out of competition and leave you alone in depopulated areas.

>

>

Moot point. the cash that pays for the gems would support the game the same way.

I did not expect it would go on the gem store because I figured they would expect gem prices to skyrocket. because so many people would want to trade gold for that.

I waited just to see at first, while having every intention to shortly buy the HoT. but when I saw the power difference and the effect it had on the game. Couldn't support it. came back now and the state of the game is even worse. than back then.

but F2P accounts cant really talk about balance they don't have map chat or forum access, so no one can really advocate for it. plus when some one with the base game comes back and notes it look at what they get.

(added:) f2p players can not convert gold to gems btw. people seem to be confused on what free accounts can do generally.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> At the time of the OPs purchase, you got what you paid for. It doesn't entitle you to everything else released in a **paid expansion** content. Anet never said they would be available for purchase via Gems (ergo ingame gold). You can *upgrade* any expansion to it's *Deluxe* edition.

I have the deluxe edition