Would you want Branded theme weapons and armor?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

> > >

> > > So what? What about the gliders and minis if you want to go into cosmetic things that break the lore. What about the other mount skins like Wintersday skin line or the Demon skimmer skin? It isn't important for skins to fit the lore.

> >

> > It used to be important. Back when Anet cared about such matters. It is still important to me, which is why I stand firmly against this idea.

> >

> > Your character wearing Branded “gunk” or friggin’ riding on a Branded creature is, dareIsay, stupid. Everything they’ve established about Branded lore has it being a death sentence. Yes, it is stupid. Stupid I say.

> >

> >

>

> You do not ride a branded creature. You ride a creature with a branded skin. A child wearing a vampire costume is not an actual undead creature with all of the fictional drawbacks.

Citation needed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Arbiter_Outfit

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Nomad_Outfit

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Savant_Outfit

Don't we kind of already have this?

> @"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

>

> So what? What about the gliders and minis if you want to go into cosmetic things that break the lore. What about the other mount skins like Wintersday skin line or the Demon skimmer skin? It isn't important for skins to fit the lore.

None of the gliders are actually lore breaking - except maybe arguably Abaddon Glider. Even the raven glider or meteor glider are fitting in line with the lore.

Minis are all, in universe, either little mechanical toys, or actual animals (for the baby animal minis).

The demon skimmer isn't lore breaking either - friendly demons [are not unknown](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Razah). And the Wintersday skins (and the Halloween ones) is just an outfit with a fancy little effect.

Branded, however, would attack any non-branded they see. And the Altar of Glaust ritual is stated to be 1) highly extensive in material requirement and 2) geographically restricted. While one could argue that the Pact Commander could wrangle a corrupted raptor, griffon, jackal, skimmer, and springer and bring them into the heart of risen (or unchained as they're now called) territory, and use a costly ritual.

But when they're stuck in Elona, how likely is that?

So yeah, the branded mounts are the most lore breaking out of it all.

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

>

> I think you're a few years too late to the "lore/immersion breaking" party.

Nah, I've been there all the time and never left.

Sulking in a corner, sipping liquor.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

> > > >

> > > > So what? What about the gliders and minis if you want to go into cosmetic things that break the lore. What about the other mount skins like Wintersday skin line or the Demon skimmer skin? It isn't important for skins to fit the lore.

> > >

> > > It used to be important. Back when Anet cared about such matters. It is still important to me, which is why I stand firmly against this idea.

> > >

> > > Your character wearing Branded “gunk” or friggin’ riding on a Branded creature is, dareIsay, stupid. Everything they’ve established about Branded lore has it being a death sentence. Yes, it is stupid. Stupid I say.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You do not ride a branded creature. You ride a creature with a branded skin. A child wearing a vampire costume is not an actual undead creature with all of the fictional drawbacks.

>

> Citation needed.

The description of the item in the store specifies skin.

A certain poster, with whom you might be familiar, also considers the options purchased from the BLTC to be skins...

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> ...in this post-Mountgate time we live in. **_Mount skins_** are painfully obvious...

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Arbiter_Outfit

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Nomad_Outfit

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Savant_Outfit

>

> Don't we kind of already have this?

>

> > @"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:

> > > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

> >

> > So what? What about the gliders and minis if you want to go into cosmetic things that break the lore. What about the other mount skins like Wintersday skin line or the Demon skimmer skin? It isn't important for skins to fit the lore.

>

> None of the gliders are actually lore breaking - except maybe arguably Abaddon Glider. Even the raven glider or meteor glider are fitting in line with the lore.

>

> Minis are all, in universe, either little mechanical toys, or actual animals (for the baby animal minis).

>

> The demon skimmer isn't lore breaking either - friendly demons [are not unknown](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Razah). And the Wintersday skins (and the Halloween ones) is just an outfit with a fancy little effect.

>

> Branded, however, would attack any non-branded they see. And the Altar of Glaust ritual is stated to be 1) highly extensive in material requirement and 2) geographically restricted. While one could argue that the Pact Commander could wrangle a corrupted raptor, griffon, jackal, skimmer, and springer and bring them into the heart of risen (or unchained as they're now called) territory, and use a costly ritual.

>

> But when they're stuck in Elona, how likely is that?

>

> So yeah, the branded mounts are the most lore breaking out of it all.

commander doesn't. Black Lion Trading company could tho with all their resources....

and how you obtain a thing? you buy it from black lion trading company ;)

as for the armor/weapon skins with same theme - I'd personally rather not use them but I could see some people wanting to do so I don't mind. remember branded wings glier set is already a thing from before so....

Just a thought (and I can't believe it's taken me until now to remember this considering my ele uses 2 of these weapons) but if Branded weapons would be lore-breaking then surely the lore was broken when the game was released - because of the [Corrupted](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupted_weapons "Corrupted") and [Primordus](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus_weapons "Destroyer") weapons. Possibly the [Orrian weapons](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orrian_weapons "Orrian weapons") too, although I'm unclear whether they're corrupted or simply water damaged.

(And if that's the case then it was broken in EoTN - as soon as the concept of the Elder Dragons was introduced - because the Primordus weapons were in that game, under the name Destroyer weapons.)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:

> > > The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

> >

> > So what? What about the gliders and minis if you want to go into cosmetic things that break the lore. What about the other mount skins like Wintersday skin line or the Demon skimmer skin? It isn't important for skins to fit the lore.

>

> It used to be important. Back when Anet cared about such matters. It is still important to me, which is why I stand firmly against this idea.

>

> Your character wearing Branded “gunk” or friggin’ riding on a Branded creature is, dareIsay, stupid. Everything they’ve established about Branded lore has it being a death sentence. Yes, it is stupid. Stupid I say.

>

>

While I'm not entirely comfortable with the Branded mounts myself, I must disagree on the manner of armor/weaponry however. As others have mentioned any armor wouldn't be actually made of or ripped off of the branded themselves, but rather modeled after them by skilled craftsmen eager to make a buck off some adventurers. Lore wise this is still okay. (If they do though please, please don't make it an outfit...)

Mounts on the other hand I'd say are kind of a stretch. The wiki itself says, "By and large, their innards seem to have been changed to a glowing, purple crystal and their skin grayed and torn open; those that once had fur have now lost it and dark stone has grown atop their skin, with some becoming more stone-like than others." The springer still kind of looks like it has fur honestly, and I can't say any of them really have torn open skin. I get people saying its skins an all, that they aren't **actually** branded, but I mean looking at them lol how could any of the NPC's in the game actually make the mounts look like that? No costume no matter how well made would stay in tact on a raptor as it sprang through the desert, we'd be leaving a trail of crystals behind us everywhere we went as they fell off. I could have **maybe** seen having a branded jackal mount, and even thats still a stretch. The reason I say its more possible is because Jackals lore wise have already been "cleansed"" once, the djinn of GW2 imbuing magic runes into their bodies in order to tame the tormented magic left behind by Abaddon's fall and the presence of the remaining Margonites after Nightfall. Even then it says on the wiki that "These jackals are feral and hostile initially, and still seek to bring about Nightfall" until they are tamed, and even after being tamed are still connected to the Realm of Torment. So maybe Jackals would be capable of resisting the corrupting effects of the brand or could be reigned in again by the Djinn who did so before with their magic, that is something I think could have been added and still be capable of being explained. The other creatures eh, not so much. Its also mildly irritating that theres already a branded griffon in the game that looks completely different from ours but I suppose that could be explained by saying they've been branded longer and thus have mutated by now.

Anyways I rambled on a little more than I meant to there but quick summary armor/weapons modeled after branded are cool I think, branded mounts I should have been thought about a little more, feel free to disagree as is your right for this is simply my take on it.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> They can add whatever they want...

>

> ... they should just give us the possibility to set separately

>

> * Standard gliders

> * Standard mounts

> * Standard armor/weapons

> * Standard dyes

> * Minis YES/NO

>

> I'm ok with ppl buying flashy skins, dyes or troll skins like golemancer glider, sab, etc... but ANET should give us the possibility to set standard models for every single category separately.

This. I have to play with low graphics settings to get any sort of a decent framerate (~20-30 fps) so being able to limit some of the shiny stuff coming off of characters but not all of it would be great.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> I'd rather have some armor and weapons being made of actual metal and not crystals, candy cane or laser beams. It's funny how everybody is running around shining, blinking and jingling like a x-mas tree while some or us are having a hard time finding just one look that's not gimmicky, JRPG style or outrageously ugly (another buttcape, yay). Of course, YMMV.

*Slams hand on table* **THERE IT IS! RIGHT THERE!!**

As seen in my signature, my three weapons are _made from steel and fire actual bullets!_. Different types of metal, you know, with little details on its surface. And there are barely any alternatives to these weapons. Everything's gaudy and strange, even the Deadeye Rifle you get with the profession is being held together with sticky tape as if some beer-drinking [could not find any less pej. word for "Redneck"] build it in his garage.

**No branded weapons,** but more of this please:

![](https://i.imgur.com/y4BZj3t.png "")

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > I'd rather have some armor and weapons being made of actual metal and not crystals, candy cane or laser beams. It's funny how everybody is running around shining, blinking and jingling like a x-mas tree while some or us are having a hard time finding just one look that's not gimmicky, JRPG style or outrageously ugly (another buttcape, yay). Of course, YMMV.

>

> *Slams hand on table* **THERE IT IS! RIGHT THERE!!**

> As seen in my signature, my three weapons are _made from steel and fire actual bullets!_. Different types of metal, you know, with little details on its surface. And there are barely any alternatives to these weapons. Everything's gaudy and strange, even the Deadeye Rifle you get with the profession is being held together with sticky tape as if some beer-drinking [could not find any less pej. word for "Redneck"] build it in his garage.

>

> **No branded weapons,** but more of this please:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/y4BZj3t.png "")

>

>

That's a nice graphic you made there! What do you think about the Pact Handgun? Apart from the lower tip of the grip, I really like it for its semi-automatic look which IMHO complements my "Unload approach" when playing Thief B) a single-shot-front-loader pistol just doesn't cut it here.

BTW: The Hunter FTW! I'm only going to craft Predator for its Pre. Does it look fly on non-Asuras as well? I fear it might look small on my normal-sized Sylvari Deadeye (which is still in the planning).

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> The Branded mounts were a horrible lore-breaking mistake. Let’s not expand on that mistake.

I understand what you mean, and I would’ve agreed, at first.

But then Inwas reminded of something.

We freed a chicken from Zhaitan’s corruption. And even a mighty beast like Glint was released from the grasp of Kralkatorrik.

So I just _assume_ we decorrupted these mounts.

And yes, I would love a set of branded of branded armor and weapons. S8mply because I already have a Destroyer warrior and a .. how do you call the frosty minions again. But I lacked any heavy armor to make a proper branded character. I only had the glacial gauntlets I could dye purple. There was little to nothing else.