[Bounties] Tricked by Joko: Enough is enough.

Yes, hahaha, it was all very funny the first 3 (dozen) times it happened.

Can you please lighten up on the RNG for bounties so some of us might actually want to complete them? Yeah we get it, you want to keep us in the maps for longer, but frustration is not the way it's done. Achievements work pretty well, and incentive to obtain various in-map items...

But this has gone on for long enough. I'm one small voice in a much larger crowd that are all fed up with the Joko pranks.

Spent 2 days now trying to get the last 2 bounties - Vebis and Nepheretes. Always without exception an ambush.

I'm leaving this new map alone now as it's just not a positive experience. I'll continue to do the collection items but the bounties are now a pathetic joke - not on Joko but on Anet. I expected more from your designers in an otherwise wonderful story release but you are sorely lacking on this part of the gameplay.

Honestly it sounds more like sour grapes on players parts here, there's nothing wrong with being ambushed by Joko's minions when we know damn well he wants us dead at all costs. From what I'm hearing in map the bounties reset faster if it was an ambush instead of the actual bounty, but I haven't verified if this is the case or not...just anecdotal evidence.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Honestly it sounds more like sour grapes on players parts here, there's nothing wrong with being ambushed by Joko's minions when we know kitten well he wants us dead at all costs. From what I'm hearing in map the bounties reset faster if it was an ambush instead of the actual bounty, but I haven't verified if this is the case or not...just anecdotal evidence.

Incorrect. The bounties reset at about the same time as in other maps, only this map you have about maybe 10% chance or less of actually completing a round of bounties, compared with other maps.

Also this isn't sour grapes, this is about being fair to the players. Right now, as you've seen and as I'm watching in the game, players are going to other maps for bounties and leaving this one alone until the RNG portion is abolished.

First of all, I have no idea what ambushes are. But by the sound of it I would say it should take place instead of the bounty. And as such give the same reward.

Then I guess there's specific achievements for killing specific bosses which are impossible when these ambushes take place instead.

That already sounds like a recipy for disaster, taking into consideration how achievements are handled by players.

Either, the ambush should just give exactly the same rewards including achievement, or lead to the actual bounty afterwards.

The first two times it happened, I thought, "ha... that's funny, I get the joke!" After getting 3+ ambushes in a row.... it becomes a lot less fun. There were better options to implement this ambush feature. Two of my favorite alternatives I've heard of are 1) ambush happens and upon completing it, the bounty spawns as it normally would, or 2) the ambush happens when the bounty reaches a certain % health or randomly. Both instances would be mildly annoying, but you would still get to do the bounty. It keeps the flavor of the ambush but is nothing compared to having to wait for the bounty to show up on the board again. This past week I witnessed a few commanders quitting running bounty trains out of frustration. Waiting for that one bounty for a collection/achievement and getting an ambush is.... yeah, not the best.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > What's supposed to be the positive upsides of this mechanic exactly?

> >

> > Honestly Anet - I'm asking you sincerely here.

>

> Well you finish two dailys in one kind of activity when there is bounty and awakend slayer at the same time.

That could be done if Anet incorporated Linken's idea, which is a fair one.