Resolve Bar For CC

For anyone don't know it, resolve bar exist in other games and it's the immunity to cc(aka crowd control), if they are many of them. Getting chained cced to death is awkward.

Resolve bar filling up during cc and the amount of filling depends on how strong the cc is. The opposite of break bar. Just FYI.

Will take place in any game mode.

It’s getting on that a lot of other games have mechanics that decrease cc effectiveness the more that it is applied to players.

I think for PvP/WvW, it would be a good idea to look into similar mechanics, or diminishing returns for cc, but also needs to be handled delicately.

Will it happen soon? Probably not. But this forum is for suggestions and feedback, and chain cc to win isn’t a fun mechanic. Sure we have stability, but we’ve got a lot of boon strip now too, so I agree that this issue needs to be looked into at least.

100% fully support this. Stability is a joke in PvE, and it was deliberately broken to cater to PvP cries.

With boon stripping/corruption much more prevalent, it should at least go back to being full CC protection for the duration. Even then, some professions/elites don't get nearly enough access to it.

So, the universal solution is some kind of CC resistance after the first is applied.

One thought for it is to be immune to further CC for up to 1 second after it's resolved. That would give a definitive window for player reaction.

Or, like a Resolve Bar, it builds up after taking CC, providing immunity. Further CC taken depletes the bar faster. Perhaps this applies only to skills with stun breaks? I could see that as well: using a stun break provides immunity for the remaining CC time plus 1 second. It would add significant value.

Of course, the other universal solution is much easier, ANet:

*Stop putting easily spammable CC on your critters! If it has a blind/stun/KD on less than a 10 second cooldown, it's being done wrong.*

> @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> Agree.

> The main problem for cc, is that there are no diminishing returns at all, and as you said, stun to death is not fun.

> Not expecting things to change tbh, and if something will change, I agree that need to be handled delicately.

Yes, but the game is designed to function that way. You have a lot more available defense against CC than just stability.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> I don't see any reasonable alternative to choose in the poll.

yes, no(with a joke) , and other and if you like to explain. Simple discussion poll, nothing fancy.

I just want to see and discuss, what others think about stun to death.

Don't get me wrong. Is not for pvp or something specific. Is for every part of the game.

In pvp you will cced twice and you re done. In fractals you ll knocked ack for instability(example) and also done.

Similar examples everywhere.

Not telling that resolve bar is the best thing to do or going to happened at all tbh.

Feel free to add an opinion. Maybe someone have a better option, who knows....

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > Agree.

> > The main problem for cc, is that there are no diminishing returns at all, and as you said, stun to death is not fun.

> > Not expecting things to change tbh, and if something will change, I agree that need to be handled delicately.

>

> Yes, but the game is designed to function that way. You have a lot more available defense against CC than just stability.

I see your point, but in WvW Ive also seen entirely too many times when I can dodge, block, and use multiple stun breaks while being hit with cc after cc without ever being able to fight back..until dead.