finish 3rd tier mounts wich should i prioitize

T4 springer does indeed give reduced fall damage to all the others (except the skimmer, obviously).

@winterlove.6834 I would recommend working on the Griffon as a means of earning XP to train the others. There are plenty of relatively easy desert mastery points, way more than enough to train all mounts AND the crystal mastery to max, but you'll still need the XP to train them.

I STRONGLY suggest getting the Jackal mastered first. It makes the special movement skills of the other mounts into dodges.

Raptor jump? You can't be hit (by most things) while doing it.

Springer building up to jump? Can't be hit until you launch up.

Skimmer hovering high? Yep, you're dodging while you do that.

Even the griffon benefits from it, as the wing flap will then count as a dodge.

T4 Springer is useless; you can't die while falling on a mount. Griffon, Skimmer and Jackal can't die from falling damage, and the springer already has the fall damage perk. Do this last if you must.

Griffon (teir 3) > Jackal > Skimmer > Raptor > New PoF Mastery > Springer

Jackal is pretty much useless besides its gimick of sand portals, and dashes during races in Divinity’s Reach. So don’t bother putting any points into the Jackal until you’re done with the rest.

As for the rest, Raptor comes first, double leap distance is quite overpowered. The Springer’s double height jump is very useful, but rarely absolutely necessary.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I STRONGLY suggest getting the Jackal mastered first. It makes the special movement skills of the other mounts into dodges.

>

> Raptor jump? You can't be hit (by most things) while doing it.

> Springer building up to jump? Can't be hit until you launch up.

> Skimmer hovering high? Yep, you're dodging while you do that.

>

> Even the griffon benefits from it, as the wing flap will then count as a dodge.

Yes, this. Having that evade is very nice on raptor, skimmer and griffon. Not so useful on the bunny but it still benefits.

Even if you plan to rarely use the jackal, the t4 mastery is still useful.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Jackal is pretty much useless besides its gimick of sand portals, and dashes during races in Divinity’s Reach. So don’t bother putting any points into the Jackal until you’re done with the rest.

> As for the rest, Raptor comes first, double leap distance is quite overpowered. The Springer’s double height jump is very useful, but rarely absolutely necessary.

Yeah that evade when you use the special ability is pretty useless.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> T4 Springer is useless; you can't die while falling on a mount. Griffon, Skimmer and Jackal can't die from falling damage, and the springer already has the fall damage perk. Do this last if you must.

>

> Griffon (teir 3) > Jackal > Skimmer > Raptor > New PoF Mastery > Springer

It prevents you from dismounting and having to re-mount. Raptor and skimmer are not all that useful compared to the other two. With how people try to run throug mobs and travel the maps of the game, the other two will help quite a bit.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > T4 Springer is useless; you can't die while falling on a mount. Griffon, Skimmer and Jackal can't die from falling damage, and the springer already has the fall damage perk. Do this last if you must.

> >

> > Griffon (teir 3) > Jackal > Skimmer > Raptor > New PoF Mastery > Springer

>

> It prevents you from dismounting and having to re-mount. Raptor and skimmer are not all that useful compared to the other two. With how people try to run throug mobs and travel the maps of the game, the other two will help quite a bit.

Griffon T3 is important because Griffon Races are an easy source of mastery points, and I consider griffons fun.

Jackal T4 is unarguably the most important trait for every mount but the springer, because it lets you evade almost anything.

I put Skimmer and Raptor in the same boat because it's a nice source of burst damage when entering battle (especially for Weavers, who can enter combat with Barrier + Swiftness). It gives you time to get your bearings and reposition yourself after a flashy dynamic entry.

The New PoF mastery is nice, but I prefer the dismounting perks - the mastery is very situational, and if you're careful with the Jackal T4, you'll never need it. Unless you're riding a springer on flat ground, of course...

Springer T4 only really affects the Raptor (as Jackal can sand-teleport before they hit the ground, and Skimmer/Griffon don't take fall damage.) Realistically, if you're on high ground, you'll likely be using a Springer, Griffon or Jackal instead.

I hope that explains my decisions.

I would prioritize jackal as the evade is very useful. That is by far the most important one to max out first.

I would do it in this order: jackal, springer, raptor, skimmer. If you have your griffin I would max that out before getting tier 4 on springer, raptor, or skimmer.

Jackal evade >griffin everything>>>>springer reduced fall damage>raptor damage boost>>>>>skimmer revive.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Jackal is pretty much useless besides its gimick of sand portals, and dashes during races in Divinity’s Reach. So don’t bother putting any points into the Jackal until you’re done with the rest.

> > As for the rest, Raptor comes first, double leap distance is quite overpowered. The Springer’s double height jump is very useful, but rarely absolutely necessary.

>

> Yeah that evade when you use the special ability is pretty useless.

Or.. just hear me out, or..

You can leap past enemies with the raptor, faster than they can attack.

Rendering the need to 'evade' obsolete

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > Jackal is pretty much useless besides its gimick of sand portals, and dashes during races in Divinity’s Reach. So don’t bother putting any points into the Jackal until you’re done with the rest.

> > > As for the rest, Raptor comes first, double leap distance is quite overpowered. The Springer’s double height jump is very useful, but rarely absolutely necessary.

> >

> > Yeah that evade when you use the special ability is pretty useless.

>

> Or.. just hear me out, or..

> You can leap past enemies with the raptor, faster than they can attack.

> Rendering the need to 'evade' obsolete

Not when things have ranged attacks. Even worse when some of them do have fast attacks which can quickly cause you to dismount.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > Jackal is pretty much useless besides its gimick of sand portals, and dashes during races in Divinity’s Reach. So don’t bother putting any points into the Jackal until you’re done with the rest.

> > > As for the rest, Raptor comes first, double leap distance is quite overpowered. The Springer’s double height jump is very useful, but rarely absolutely necessary.

> >

> > Yeah that evade when you use the special ability is pretty useless.

>

> Or.. just hear me out, or..

> You can leap past enemies with the raptor, faster than they can attack.

> Rendering the need to 'evade' obsolete

Truth be told, I think the jackal t4 best used on the Griffon or Skimmer. You're evading everytime you're flapping/floating, giving a high evade uptime in mob-dense areas. Because, lets face it - every mob in PoF has some sort of ranged attack.