[Poll] WE NEED A NEW WEAPON

Regon Phoenix.8215

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > Not sure why so many people are voting fore a polearm. A water weapon on land would likely just get pole arm skins. Any rifle could be redone as a cross bow skin. Most of the focus weapons in the newer maps could also be made into claw type weapons easily.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ideally its easier to likely use what already exist in the game and thus knowing anet if they did do this it would be a water weapon on land. Unless they do something uniquely special just for 1 profession as its unlikely that all other professions would get said weapon.

> > > > >

> > > > > I say just take water weapons and open them up to a few professions on land for every profession not just 1 here and there.

> > > >

> > > > Well, that would make water weapons more desirable for extra skins, but only skins isn't a right way to look at the introduction of a new weapon.

> > >

> > > My only issue with adding a new weapon is that it easily becomes un fair if every profession does not get something and sense we know not all professions cant use all weapons its likely they would have to add more than 1 but im not gonna say thats a bad thing either.

> >

> > [Well, i tried to make an elite suggestion focused on water weapons on land, but nobody seem interested.](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/35079/elite-suggestion-sea-witch "Well, i tried to make an elite suggestion focused on water weapons on land, but nobody seem interested.")

>

> Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top.

>

> People will comment your good ideas and make feedbacks if they think it worth an improvement. Bad ones are those not even worth to comment.

>

> Be glad when someone actually read and replies...

>

no you didnt just make that asuran quote :astonished: :astonished:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see more magic based weapons, I know it’s hard to be creative with those as there’s not much to go by, but I would like to see something like a 2 handed focus, for example a floating orb like in Aion. Which is still to this day one of my favourite weapons in any MMO I’ve seen.

Though they can make any weapon into a magic weapon really.

> @"BobbyT.7192" said:

> I want to see more magic based weapons, I know it’s hard to be creative with those as there’s not much to go by, but I would like to see something like a 2 handed focus, for example a floating orb like in Aion. Which is still to this day one of my favourite weapons in any MMO I’ve seen.

>

> Though they can make any weapon into a magic weapon really.

Yeah, orb would be nice addition.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > Not sure why so many people are voting fore a polearm. A water weapon on land would likely just get pole arm skins. Any rifle could be redone as a cross bow skin. Most of the focus weapons in the newer maps could also be made into claw type weapons easily.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ideally its easier to likely use what already exist in the game and thus knowing anet if they did do this it would be a water weapon on land. Unless they do something uniquely special just for 1 profession as its unlikely that all other professions would get said weapon.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I say just take water weapons and open them up to a few professions on land for every profession not just 1 here and there.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, that would make water weapons more desirable for extra skins, but only skins isn't a right way to look at the introduction of a new weapon.

> > > >

> > > > My only issue with adding a new weapon is that it easily becomes un fair if every profession does not get something and sense we know not all professions cant use all weapons its likely they would have to add more than 1 but im not gonna say thats a bad thing either.

> > >

> > > [Well, i tried to make an elite suggestion focused on water weapons on land, but nobody seem interested.](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/35079/elite-suggestion-sea-witch "Well, i tried to make an elite suggestion focused on water weapons on land, but nobody seem interested.")

> >

> > Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top.

> >

> > People will comment your good ideas and make feedbacks if they think it worth an improvement. Bad ones are those not even worth to comment.

> >

> > Be glad when someone actually read and replies...

> >

>

> no you didnt just make that asuran quote :astonished: :astonished:

I was referring to OP’s comment about the elite spec he suggested which seems nobody interested. Good ideas thread will rise and bad one will sink.

Oh but maybe you are correct.

The OP,s threads especially elite spec ideas kept rising but most of the replies are negative reponses.

Anyway we should let them sink if we don’t like them.

The first thign they should do with Weapon types, before addign any new from the scratch made Weapon Types like Whips, like Chakrams or like Crossbows should be gettign ridd of complete obsolete garbage weapon types that were from day 1 on total pointless to have - Harpoon Gun and Trident.

Merge Trident with Staff and make basicalyl Stafff a Hybrid Wesapon which can be used instead on land as like underwater. Is there a Class, which can'tly can't use Staves, but Tridents instea,d this woudl mean then naturally, that after the Chance would be the Class then able to use Staves, but not Tridents anymroe, cause Tridents wouldnt exist after the merge anymore (Tridents are basicalyl nothing else but just different looking Staff Skins!! Most Trident KSins are already shared with Staf, Trident has way too less unique skills, than that it does make sense to keep this crap ion the game as own Weapon Type, just convert the few trident only skilsl to become Staff Skins, Done)

Same thing should happen with Rifle and Harpoon Gun..just merge finally the Harpoon Gun into the Rifle, make the very few unique Harpoon Gun Skins then Rifle Skills, job done, remove the Deadeye from the ganme, merge its gameplay into the now for the thief baseline rifle and replace the deadeye spec with a new spec that makes usage of the Longbow (Rogue), Torch (Saboteur) or adds a complete new fitting Weapon type (Chain Whip or Chakram/ Assassin)

And then add as very first new Weapon type into the Game the reworked Spear as "Polearm" into the game. You planned long ago before the game got released, that the polearm was once originally planned to be a useable weapon on land.. its time, that this gets changed and the Spear does get changed into the games first hybrid weapon renamed as polearm. weapon with the definition as "Halberd", cause if you call it by definition as Weapon Type "halberd", this would allow you also to add then into this weapon typre as reskins Greataxes, cause greataxes are basicalyl nothing else but just polearm with 2 big axe blades at its end, instead of 1 like a Halberd that has aside of its axe blade naturalyl a pike on top for itys thrust attacks and for a greataxe reskin its no prblem to add to the deisgns also pikes on the tops, its also nothung unusal for big axes to have pikes due to having been originally first a halberg, which just got demontaged into becoming an axe instead due to its long pole got removed, cause the weapon got destroyed maybe in combat, but could work further just as an axe or turnign it into a greataxe, by addign another axe blade to the axe head piece of the weapon... weapon customization isn't part of GW2 sadly, but it doesn't change the fact that this have has obsolete weapon tyes that should get removed to make space for weapon types, that actualy make sense to have in this game and which could easily get implemented into the game via new Elite Specs that make then also usage of those new weapon types. It woudl help the specializations then also, in lettign them be more unique compared to the core classes, if they would provide every now and then also new weapon types.

And once they got implemented then via E-Specs and rebalanced through then, then can Anet slowly decide, to which core classes the new added weapon types can become slowly through balance Patches new retroactivwely added baseline weapons for some of the Core Classes which receive this way also then some new skills and this way also then soem new build diversity.

What I want to say with my posting is literally - They should close first their self created design holes, before they add any other new Weapon types.. first should get the issues around Spear, Harpoon Gun and Trident get fixed, then we can see further after that.

> @"Orpheal.8263" said:

> The first thign they should do with Weapon types, before addign any new from the scratch made Weapon Types like Whips, like Chakrams or like Crossbows should be gettign ridd of complete obsolete garbage weapon types that were from day 1 on total pointless to have - Harpoon Gun and Trident.

>

> Merge Trident with Staff and make basicalyl Stafff a Hybrid Wesapon which can be used instead on land as like underwater. Is there a Class, which can'tly can't use Staves, but Tridents instea,d this woudl mean then naturally, that after the Chance would be the Class then able to use Staves, but not Tridents anymroe, cause Tridents wouldnt exist after the merge anymore (Tridents are basicalyl nothing else but just different looking Staff Skins!! Most Trident KSins are already shared with Staf, Trident has way too less unique skills, than that it does make sense to keep this crap ion the game as own Weapon Type, just convert the few trident only skilsl to become Staff Skins, Done)

>

> Same thing should happen with Rifle and Harpoon Gun..just merge finally the Harpoon Gun into the Rifle, make the very few unique Harpoon Gun Skins then Rifle Skills, job done, remove the Deadeye from the ganme, merge its gameplay into the now for the thief baseline rifle and replace the deadeye spec with a new spec that makes usage of the Longbow (Rogue), Torch (Saboteur) or adds a complete new fitting Weapon type (Chain Whip or Chakram/ Assassin)

>

> And then add as very first new Weapon type into the Game the reworked Spear as "Polearm" into the game. You planned long ago before the game got released, that the polearm was once originally planned to be a useable weapon on land.. its time, that this gets changed and the Spear does get changed into the games first hybrid weapon renamed as polearm. weapon with the definition as "Halberd", cause if you call it by definition as Weapon Type "halberd", this would allow you also to add then into this weapon typre as reskins Greataxes, cause greataxes are basicalyl nothing else but just polearm with 2 big axe blades at its end, instead of 1 like a Halberd that has aside of its axe blade naturalyl a pike on top for itys thrust attacks and for a greataxe reskin its no prblem to add to the deisgns also pikes on the tops, its also nothung unusal for big axes to have pikes due to having been originally first a halberg, which just got demontaged into becoming an axe instead due to its long pole got removed, cause the weapon got destroyed maybe in combat, but could work further just as an axe or turnign it into a greataxe, by addign another axe blade to the axe head piece of the weapon... weapon customization isn't part of GW2 sadly, but it doesn't change the fact that this have has obsolete weapon tyes that should get removed to make space for weapon types, that actualy make sense to have in this game and which could easily get implemented into the game via new Elite Specs that make then also usage of those new weapon types. It woudl help the specializations then also, in lettign them be more unique compared to the core classes, if they would provide every now and then also new weapon types.

>

> And once they got implemented then via E-Specs and rebalanced through then, then can Anet slowly decide, to which core classes the new added weapon types can become slowly through balance Patches new retroactivwely added baseline weapons for some of the Core Classes which receive this way also then some new skills and this way also then soem new build diversity.

>

> What I want to say with my posting is literally - They should close first their self created design holes, before they add any other new Weapon types.. first should get the issues around Spear, Harpoon Gun and Trident get fixed, then we can see further after that.

That makes sense. Although, allowing use of water weapons on land with new rebalanced kit would also work.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > Its the obly thing feasable. Otherwise they would need to add a ton of new skins if they make new weapons.

> > >

> > > I never understood why this would be a thing. They really don't. They don't need to make low level weapon skins because new ESpec weapons would only really come as high level weapons(you can't use them below level 80 anyway). Same reason for crafted weapons. They don't need to make cultural variants because these weapons have been unknown to us before the point they are introduced. These new weapons would just have fewer skin choices than the ones that came before them.

> > > Black Lion Skins they can backtrack on if they wish, Anet has stated that making them is actually pretty easy. We do get 16 new ones pretty much monthly.

> >

> > This maybe, but the whole point of "needing" a new weapon is for weaponskill designs which can be covered easily with existing weapons as i mentioned above so there is only the aesthetic point left. And many ppl that partly focus on fashion want to have a weapon in a certain skin design like warden, dark asura, ice brute etc.

> > So taking underwater weapons on land opens up possibilities and has all skins available.

> > Additionally it gives underwater weapons more value. Atm it is easier zo buy an underwater precursor than buying a unique exotic from land that isnt a pre. Thats why it is healthy for the game to take less used weapons and introduce them to more specs instead if creating a new weapon that is only used by few just for flavor sake.

> > It is just not feasable or worth the cost.

> >

>

> That makes sense but it doesn't exclude new weapons. Let's also face the fact that trident and speargun are also just underwater versions of weapons that are already available. Staff and Rifle. So while your reasoning is sound with spears, it doesn't carry over to the other 2.

> While you may not value flavor very high but personally I pick flavor over fashion. Most of the time they go hand in hand though.

Sure but i guess its simpler to give a profession like warrior a trident as a spear-like weapon on land instead if giving him 2 different spear lines.

Or revenant a trident as a caster weapon so what a regular staff would be on i.e. Ele.

Many of underwater weapons not used by professions could be implemented way easier than making new from scratch. In addition to that comes the "who got the chocolate" debate where professions that did not get a new weapon are frustrated to be neglected.

Its just a bad design choice from the start to give complete new weapons to new e-specs that wouldbt have been there for everyone else.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > Its the obly thing feasable. Otherwise they would need to add a ton of new skins if they make new weapons.

> > > >

> > > > I never understood why this would be a thing. They really don't. They don't need to make low level weapon skins because new ESpec weapons would only really come as high level weapons(you can't use them below level 80 anyway). Same reason for crafted weapons. They don't need to make cultural variants because these weapons have been unknown to us before the point they are introduced. These new weapons would just have fewer skin choices than the ones that came before them.

> > > > Black Lion Skins they can backtrack on if they wish, Anet has stated that making them is actually pretty easy. We do get 16 new ones pretty much monthly.

> > >

> > > This maybe, but the whole point of "needing" a new weapon is for weaponskill designs which can be covered easily with existing weapons as i mentioned above so there is only the aesthetic point left. And many ppl that partly focus on fashion want to have a weapon in a certain skin design like warden, dark asura, ice brute etc.

> > > So taking underwater weapons on land opens up possibilities and has all skins available.

> > > Additionally it gives underwater weapons more value. Atm it is easier zo buy an underwater precursor than buying a unique exotic from land that isnt a pre. Thats why it is healthy for the game to take less used weapons and introduce them to more specs instead if creating a new weapon that is only used by few just for flavor sake.

> > > It is just not feasable or worth the cost.

> > >

> >

> > That makes sense but it doesn't exclude new weapons. Let's also face the fact that trident and speargun are also just underwater versions of weapons that are already available. Staff and Rifle. So while your reasoning is sound with spears, it doesn't carry over to the other 2.

> > While you may not value flavor very high but personally I pick flavor over fashion. Most of the time they go hand in hand though.

>

> Sure but i guess its simpler to give a profession like warrior a trident as a spear-like weapon on land instead if giving him 2 different spear lines.

> Or revenant a trident as a caster weapon so what a regular staff would be on i.e. Ele.

> Many of underwater weapons not used by professions could be implemented way easier than making new from scratch. In addition to that comes the "who got the chocolate" debate where professions that did not get a new weapon are frustrated to be neglected.

> Its just a bad design choice from the start to give complete new weapons to new e-specs that wouldbt have been there for everyone else.

>

>

Sure but that doesn't even apply to all professions. For example my main class, guardian. By your logic, guardians should get a speargun.

Which option makes more sense, guardian getting a speargun or guardian getting a halberd?

And bad design is leaving many professions without good options for expansion down the line. This can only be fixed by more of "bad design".

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > > Its the obly thing feasable. Otherwise they would need to add a ton of new skins if they make new weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never understood why this would be a thing. They really don't. They don't need to make low level weapon skins because new ESpec weapons would only really come as high level weapons(you can't use them below level 80 anyway). Same reason for crafted weapons. They don't need to make cultural variants because these weapons have been unknown to us before the point they are introduced. These new weapons would just have fewer skin choices than the ones that came before them.

> > > > > Black Lion Skins they can backtrack on if they wish, Anet has stated that making them is actually pretty easy. We do get 16 new ones pretty much monthly.

> > > >

> > > > This maybe, but the whole point of "needing" a new weapon is for weaponskill designs which can be covered easily with existing weapons as i mentioned above so there is only the aesthetic point left. And many ppl that partly focus on fashion want to have a weapon in a certain skin design like warden, dark asura, ice brute etc.

> > > > So taking underwater weapons on land opens up possibilities and has all skins available.

> > > > Additionally it gives underwater weapons more value. Atm it is easier zo buy an underwater precursor than buying a unique exotic from land that isnt a pre. Thats why it is healthy for the game to take less used weapons and introduce them to more specs instead if creating a new weapon that is only used by few just for flavor sake.

> > > > It is just not feasable or worth the cost.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That makes sense but it doesn't exclude new weapons. Let's also face the fact that trident and speargun are also just underwater versions of weapons that are already available. Staff and Rifle. So while your reasoning is sound with spears, it doesn't carry over to the other 2.

> > > While you may not value flavor very high but personally I pick flavor over fashion. Most of the time they go hand in hand though.

> >

> > Sure but i guess its simpler to give a profession like warrior a trident as a spear-like weapon on land instead if giving him 2 different spear lines.

> > Or revenant a trident as a caster weapon so what a regular staff would be on i.e. Ele.

> > Many of underwater weapons not used by professions could be implemented way easier than making new from scratch. In addition to that comes the "who got the chocolate" debate where professions that did not get a new weapon are frustrated to be neglected.

> > Its just a bad design choice from the start to give complete new weapons to new e-specs that wouldbt have been there for everyone else.

> >

> >

>

> Sure but that doesn't even apply to all professions. For example my main class, guardian. By your logic, guardians should get a speargun.

> Which option makes more sense, guardian getting a speargun or guardian getting a halberd?

> And bad design is leaving many professions without good options for expansion down the line. This can only be fixed by more of "bad design".

Add several crossbow skins to the game and the problem is fashion wise solved.

Otherwise guard has still many options: Axe OH, Mace OH, Sword OH, WH etc.

We did not even touch getting E-spec weapons that were already used or scepter OH and Focus MH or even torch MH. And ofcourse they coukd add a rifle, pistol or a speargun as a new weapon even if many would be against it.

A halberd could just be a reskinned spear, even if its weird getting a second one on land its still better than just a new kinda weapon entirely.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > > > Its the obly thing feasable. Otherwise they would need to add a ton of new skins if they make new weapons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I never understood why this would be a thing. They really don't. They don't need to make low level weapon skins because new ESpec weapons would only really come as high level weapons(you can't use them below level 80 anyway). Same reason for crafted weapons. They don't need to make cultural variants because these weapons have been unknown to us before the point they are introduced. These new weapons would just have fewer skin choices than the ones that came before them.

> > > > > > Black Lion Skins they can backtrack on if they wish, Anet has stated that making them is actually pretty easy. We do get 16 new ones pretty much monthly.

> > > > >

> > > > > This maybe, but the whole point of "needing" a new weapon is for weaponskill designs which can be covered easily with existing weapons as i mentioned above so there is only the aesthetic point left. And many ppl that partly focus on fashion want to have a weapon in a certain skin design like warden, dark asura, ice brute etc.

> > > > > So taking underwater weapons on land opens up possibilities and has all skins available.

> > > > > Additionally it gives underwater weapons more value. Atm it is easier zo buy an underwater precursor than buying a unique exotic from land that isnt a pre. Thats why it is healthy for the game to take less used weapons and introduce them to more specs instead if creating a new weapon that is only used by few just for flavor sake.

> > > > > It is just not feasable or worth the cost.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That makes sense but it doesn't exclude new weapons. Let's also face the fact that trident and speargun are also just underwater versions of weapons that are already available. Staff and Rifle. So while your reasoning is sound with spears, it doesn't carry over to the other 2.

> > > > While you may not value flavor very high but personally I pick flavor over fashion. Most of the time they go hand in hand though.

> > >

> > > Sure but i guess its simpler to give a profession like warrior a trident as a spear-like weapon on land instead if giving him 2 different spear lines.

> > > Or revenant a trident as a caster weapon so what a regular staff would be on i.e. Ele.

> > > Many of underwater weapons not used by professions could be implemented way easier than making new from scratch. In addition to that comes the "who got the chocolate" debate where professions that did not get a new weapon are frustrated to be neglected.

> > > Its just a bad design choice from the start to give complete new weapons to new e-specs that wouldbt have been there for everyone else.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Sure but that doesn't even apply to all professions. For example my main class, guardian. By your logic, guardians should get a speargun.

> > Which option makes more sense, guardian getting a speargun or guardian getting a halberd?

> > And bad design is leaving many professions without good options for expansion down the line. This can only be fixed by more of "bad design".

>

> Add several crossbow skins to the game and the problem is fashion wise solved.

> Otherwise guard has still many options: Axe OH, Mace OH, Sword OH, WH etc.

> We did not even touch getting E-spec weapons that were already used or scepter OH and Focus MH or even torch MH. And ofcourse they coukd add a rifle, pistol or a speargun as a new weapon even if many would be against it.

> A halberd could just be a reskinned spear, even if its weird getting a second one on land its still better than just a new kinda weapon entirely.

I don't think it is the better choice, and I think your point of view is too narrow. If you have an ulterior motive, please say it out loud, so we can discuss it.

Very few of the mentioned weapons actually fit on guardian, and recycling old Espec weapons is lame. That would just leave guardians in a spot where they "didn't get the chocolate" as you put it earlier. Just because something is easier, it isn't better.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > Crossbows could just be a rifle skin IMO

>

> No, because we need more ranged weapons in the game so we have more ranged weapons skills.

Yeah, especially warrior and necromancer. Currently warrior only have semi-decent option of rifle and necromancer only have axe, which isn't great in my opinion.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > Crossbows could just be a rifle skin IMO

> >

> > No, because we need more ranged weapons in the game so we have more ranged weapons skills.

>

> So make spears useable on land like we see paragon NPCs doing.

I could actually see spear as ranged. It's be less work for a net with all the skins too, so I thing this is most likely, even though I want crossbows more!

I don't see a speargun or crossbows being a thing, since Rifles already exist and are utilised by only 3 classes. Staves in the Daredevil/Revenant specs seem to be used like polearms, so I imagine Warrior would do something similar.

Still, UW has some nice skins, and it would be cool to see some above/under water gameplay.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> Just have to say that Two-handed Axe is not a real weapon, it's a fantasy trope. Halberds and Poleaxes are the real life 2-handed axes.

>

> On topic: the top 4 options I'd like to see, as well as spears as 1-handed main hand weapons on land. Not the rest of the water weapons because A. trident is just another polearm and B. speargun is basically the water version of crossbow/rifle. Although some of the UW spearguns would translate well into the new crossbow weapon-type.

>

> SO: Crossbows as a ranged 2-handed weapon. Polearms as a melee 2-handed weapon. Whips as a mid-range offhand weapon. Claws/Fist weapons as 1-handed weapons for either hand, although I think they should always be presented as a pair of weapons. And spears as mainhand 1-handed weapons for either melee or ranged, it translates well into both.

Sparth and dane axe says hello.