How long more will Deadeyes go unchecked?

Actually has a full zerker revenant im ok with the KoS stuff deadeye has, my only issue is the stunner trough blocks, after that is a 15k+ hit, last time i fough one i couldnt even swap legends and that should be possible????

Im more worried with the 100% sleath thieg that burst while still on stealth.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> The lag is so bad some days, that the laser and sound do NOT always happen (and the action cam laser thing needs fixing). I've downed tons of people in 1 shot where there was nothing after marking them.

> The power creep is real (not just thief obviously) and the reason you don't see a ton of deadeyes is because it's just boring. Near perma stealth is easy, and you do not have to sacrifice mobility to get that damage. Just hang out near other players fighting (1 will suffice). Mark, stay stealthed and the second you see them dodge a second time down them. There is nothing hard about playing deadeye.

A profession/build being boring *has never* and *will never* stop the players who want to win from playing them. Bunker/runaway druid is probably *the most* boring, but it *still* has more presence than DE. If this profession/build was truly as OP as some people make it out to be, you bet your butt it would be the most played roaming build. From my experience it's not even in the top 10 in terms of "most played." This experience coming from roaming in t1/t2/t3 over the past 3 weeks.

Not sure if the OP is serious or trolling, judging by his other thread in this section, he's SO, SO CEREAL!

On topic:

Deadeye is already countered by so many projectile reflects, invulnerability, passive defenses, meat shield mob clutter that it really doesn't need to be nerfed. It's nerfed by design. Call him the Hindered Combatant. See what I did there? :lol:

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

>

> Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

>

> ~ Kovu

weakness also cannot be applied while the target is evading , it does not prevent evading but still is a counter to it. reveal as an effect once applied is a counter to stealth, the abilities appying reveal tho might not turn you into a hard counter to a stealther. thats like the minstrel guards trying to get my deadeye out of their keep with an anti stealth trap, as if that reveal would kill me if there is noone around to deal damage.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

> >

> > Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> weakness also cannot be applied while the target is evading , it does not prevent evading but still is a counter to it. reveal as an effect once applied is a counter to stealth, the abilities appying reveal tho might not turn you into a hard counter to a stealther. thats like the minstrel guards trying to get my deadeye out of their keep with an anti stealth trap, as if that reveal would kill me if there is noone around to deal damage.

Yeah. Okay. So allow _everyone_ to have a legitimate _reactive_ counter to stealthers since _everyone_ has to deal with it.

You're tip-toeing around the point I'm trying to make. Or I'm awful at explaining things, one of the two.

(If revealed were as prevalent and easy to apply as weakness is in this game we wouldn't be having this conversation.)

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

> > >

> > > Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > weakness also cannot be applied while the target is evading , it does not prevent evading but still is a counter to it. reveal as an effect once applied is a counter to stealth, the abilities appying reveal tho might not turn you into a hard counter to a stealther. thats like the minstrel guards trying to get my deadeye out of their keep with an anti stealth trap, as if that reveal would kill me if there is noone around to deal damage.

>

> Yeah. Okay. So allow _everyone_ to have a legitimate _reactive_ counter to stealthers since _everyone_ has to deal with it.

> You're tip-toeing around the point I'm trying to make. Or I'm awful at explaining things, one of the two.

> (If revealed were as prevalent and easy to apply as weakness is in this game we wouldn't be having this conversation.)

>

> ~ Kovu

oh its because i dont quite understand why you need a counter to stealthers that remain in stealth. i do see long stealth as means to avoid a fight and rather weak in a fight compared to other defenses, it wont make you win a fight as it gives your opponent too much time to recover. for short stealth poping in and out those reveal skills are neither needed nor useful and long stealth is pretty weak as such, its basically a self cripple for 1 vs 1 fights to bring too much stealth with you because you could take more usefull stuff.

why exactly do you need the ability to force a fight upon someone that doesnt want to? do you also ask to remove the invuln at spawns ?

once engaged in the fight you can cast your sic em, because you will get a target once you get attacked.

if you really need to try hard force a fight on the stealther any class has the ability to see certain animations related to the skills used to stack stealth and can preassure the stealther in stealth or eventually force him out by letting yourself get hit by a leap/blast. yes thats not a 'ill press this one button and done' solution but keeping long stealth is also not ' activate stealth'-> chill.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

> > > >

> > > > ~ Kovu

> > >

> > > weakness also cannot be applied while the target is evading , it does not prevent evading but still is a counter to it. reveal as an effect once applied is a counter to stealth, the abilities appying reveal tho might not turn you into a hard counter to a stealther. thats like the minstrel guards trying to get my deadeye out of their keep with an anti stealth trap, as if that reveal would kill me if there is noone around to deal damage.

> >

> > Yeah. Okay. So allow _everyone_ to have a legitimate _reactive_ counter to stealthers since _everyone_ has to deal with it.

> > You're tip-toeing around the point I'm trying to make. Or I'm awful at explaining things, one of the two.

> > (If revealed were as prevalent and easy to apply as weakness is in this game we wouldn't be having this conversation.)

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> oh its because i dont quite understand why you need a counter to stealthers that remain in stealth. i do see long stealth as means to avoid a fight and rather weak in a fight compared to other defenses, it wont make you win a fight as it gives your opponent too much time to recover. for short stealth poping in and out those reveal skills are neither needed nor useful and long stealth is pretty weak as such, its basically a self cripple for 1 vs 1 fights to bring too much stealth with you because you could take more usefull stuff.

> why exactly do you need the ability to force a fight upon someone that doesnt want to? do you also ask to remove the invuln at spawns ?

> once engaged in the fight you can cast your sic em, because you will get a target once you get attacked.

> if you really need to try hard force a fight on the stealther any class has the ability to see certain animations related to the skills used to stack stealth and can preassure the stealther in stealth or eventually force him out by letting yourself get hit by a leap/blast. yes thats not a 'ill press this one button and done' solution but keeping long stealth is also not ' activate stealth'-> chill.

You're not the only person to play the game. Your experience with 'short' stealth is hardly the be all & end all. Its neat that short duration stealths aren't a problem for you; short duration stealths are a concern for many of us in the sheer quantity with which they're utilized on thief and mesmer in particular. (I doubt anyone's going to bring a reveal just to counter a druid or engineer, even if there are unrelated complaints about the former.)

If a thief or mesmer are chaining stealths to grant a longer duration, they might be trying to leave. (As you've said.) Revealing them won't change the fact they'll be using their mobility to leave, it will simply increase the odds of low stealth/higher mobility professions being able to punish them for engaging and failing to capitalize in the first place. Which is duly needed.

What is this about "forcing a fight upon someone that doesn't want to"? If its to the point where you're using a reveal utility you're _already in a fight_. Reveal itself doesn't put you in combat.

Its neat that you seem to think keeping stealth up is difficult. There are any number of tools, especially with thieves that specialize in shadow arts, that'll allow players to keep stealth up for a good amount of time with minimal effort. Optimal? Probably not, but not hard to accomplish. Leaping through a smoke field over and over again isn't exactly difficult. Yes enemy players see the smoke field, any thief worth their salt utilizes a different tool to enter stealth, moves away from the threat, then replenishes the duration with little issue during that window with which it takes the opposition to notice that field and move to cleave it. Don't even get me started on mesmer.

If you want me to move away from the 'ill press this one button and done' solution, introduce a lot more revealed options into the game across all professions so they're not so infrequently available and often tied to skills people don't want to use. Revealing someone =/= killing them.

~ Kovu

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Of course some perform better because the player is more skilled vs ranged.,

This right here. Playing a deadeye (and I openly admit I am FAR FROM being anywhere close to the best) It is skill and knowing how to defend against the deadeye. Should melee also be upset that scourge just wipes them to the ground. I admit I have more success against the Mesmer and Necro since I made the switch to deadeye but when they pair up with another decent player I am on the run. When I jump on my Ranger I will make a deadeye cry but ofc it is ranged against ranged.

So, when I roam if there are classes roaming in pairs that can take me out on one build I switch to another toon that counters them. Hate getting to the north camp to take out a T3 by myself only to die to a scourge and a warrior.....

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > nope some skills are to get some one out of stealth to initiate a fight and some are to prevent restealthing to finish a stealther off. all working as they should.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry, I should've clarified. Those skills are working as intended. They just can't be called "counter play" to stealth when many professions don't have the ability to reveal a stealth-er already in stealth.

> > > > >

> > > > > ~ Kovu

> > > >

> > > > weakness also cannot be applied while the target is evading , it does not prevent evading but still is a counter to it. reveal as an effect once applied is a counter to stealth, the abilities appying reveal tho might not turn you into a hard counter to a stealther. thats like the minstrel guards trying to get my deadeye out of their keep with an anti stealth trap, as if that reveal would kill me if there is noone around to deal damage.

> > >

> > > Yeah. Okay. So allow _everyone_ to have a legitimate _reactive_ counter to stealthers since _everyone_ has to deal with it.

> > > You're tip-toeing around the point I'm trying to make. Or I'm awful at explaining things, one of the two.

> > > (If revealed were as prevalent and easy to apply as weakness is in this game we wouldn't be having this conversation.)

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > oh its because i dont quite understand why you need a counter to stealthers that remain in stealth. i do see long stealth as means to avoid a fight and rather weak in a fight compared to other defenses, it wont make you win a fight as it gives your opponent too much time to recover. for short stealth poping in and out those reveal skills are neither needed nor useful and long stealth is pretty weak as such, its basically a self cripple for 1 vs 1 fights to bring too much stealth with you because you could take more usefull stuff.

> > why exactly do you need the ability to force a fight upon someone that doesnt want to? do you also ask to remove the invuln at spawns ?

> > once engaged in the fight you can cast your sic em, because you will get a target once you get attacked.

> > if you really need to try hard force a fight on the stealther any class has the ability to see certain animations related to the skills used to stack stealth and can preassure the stealther in stealth or eventually force him out by letting yourself get hit by a leap/blast. yes thats not a 'ill press this one button and done' solution but keeping long stealth is also not ' activate stealth'-> chill.

>

> You're not the only person to play the game. Your experience with 'short' stealth is hardly the be all & end all. Its neat that short duration stealths aren't a problem for you; short duration stealths are a concern for many of us in the sheer quantity with which they're utilized on thief and mesmer in particular. (I doubt anyone's going to bring a reveal just to counter a druid or engineer, even if there are unrelated complaints about the former.)

>

i didnt say short stealth is not an issue, i said they are not worth a reveal.

what makes a short stealth on thief/mesmer superior to short stealth on druid/engineer? i think revealing to get someone already in stealth out of it, if he is only using short stealth like 3-4 seconds is not really worth it as the main gain of you loosing a target still happend. would you run a reveal skill on your bar without any scondary effects giving up a valuable utility slot or a trait choice? i see many rangers with sic em wich grants either their pet or with soulbeast themselves a huge damage boost, but i rarely see a warrior with on my mark because the secondary effect of a few vuln stacks is not worth it.

> If a thief or mesmer are chaining stealths to grant a longer duration, they might be trying to leave. (As you've said.) Revealing them won't change the fact they'll be using their mobility to leave, it will simply increase the odds of low stealth/higher mobility professions being able to punish them for engaging and failing to capitalize in the first place. Which is duly needed.

to counter them stealthing away after an attack, your targeted reveal will work as they will get revealed from the attack. you need to use it early enough before they panic. but i might also decide to avoid a fight before the fight started. if i just happen to come across you and lets say 3-4 friends of yours then i will probably think 'not worth fighting as you can just ressurect', so i stealth and try to move past. is there also a need to punish my attempt to get away then? or asking differently under wich circumstances should i be allowed to avoid a fight after being spotted by my opponent(s) either as character or just as skill effect?

> What is this about "forcing a fight upon someone that doesn't want to"? If its to the point where you're using a reveal utility you're _already in a fight_. Reveal itself doesn't put you in combat.

i know that the reveal effect doesnt put me in combat, but why would you want to reveal me without fighting me. if i am longer in stealth i am probably trying not to fight because it is pointless at that time for me. if you want options to still get me out of there to kill me, that is asking to force a fight upon me that i do not want. if i build for superior mobility to escape you might get the chance to interrupt my attept to get away, same with many stealth skills/combos they can be interrupted but once you failed to do that, when build for mobility i am gone - why shouldnt that be allowed with stealth?

> Its neat that you seem to think keeping stealth up is difficult. There are any number of tools, especially with thieves that specialize in shadow arts, that'll allow players to keep stealth up for a good amount of time with minimal effort. Optimal? Probably not, but not hard to accomplish. Leaping through a smoke field over and over again isn't exactly difficult. Yes enemy players see the smoke field, any thief worth their salt utilizes a different tool to enter stealth, moves away from the threat, then replenishes the duration with little issue during that window with which it takes the opposition to notice that field and move to cleave it. Don't even get me started on mesmer.

>

i didnt say it was difficult, i just said its not 1 button press for permanent stealth but a constant rotation of skills and combos , while 1 aoe reveal would cancel it or alot of buttons to reach those smokefields. it is easy to remain in stealth on an open area, if you fight in a structure that can get a little more difficult depending on space, LoS options and amount of people you want to avoid.

deadeye has only 1 uninterruptable option to stealth on 40s cd or 32s cd if he gives up the best condi cleanse he has. so he can safely retreat every 32-40 seconds and cannot pop in and out at will, core thief/daredevil got a bit more as steal can also be an option to enter stealth without being interrupted. once that skill is used you are either safe for quite a while or you know he wont get away if he dares to attack. same if i try to escape with mobility and got a teleport/evade move to begin my run - if they are on cd i probably wont get away.

> If you want me to move away from the 'ill press this one button and done' solution, introduce a lot more revealed options into the game across all professions so they're not so infrequently available and often tied to skills people don't want to use. Revealing someone =/= killing them.

not every class can give themselves unblockable buffs ( especially once that depend on duration and not hits), do we all need them now? because we all face blocks/reflects/absorbs.

what i still dont get is why do you need alot of revealed options, is a stealthed opponent such a threat to you? people dont want to use revealed skills because in most cases they dont die to the fact that someone is in stealth.

Mesmers are far more dangerous than Deadeyes. You but sneeze on a Deadeye and they die, their mobility and condi cleanse are limited, while Mesmers can stunbreak and endlessly dodge + stealth + evade + invul + cleanse anything. If you want to complain about something, complain about Mesmers, not DEs. They have so many tells to their actions that if you die to one it's merely a L2P issue.

> @"Inoki.6048" said:

> Mesmers are far more dangerous than Deadeyes. You but sneeze on a Deadeye and they die, their mobility and condi cleanse are limited, while Mesmers can stunbreak and endlessly dodge + stealth + evade + invul + cleanse anything. If you want to complain about something, complain about Mesmers, not DEs. They have so many tells to their actions that if you die to one it's merely a L2P issue.

HA!

That is indeed a l2p or build issue then. Thieves can easily use hp regen builds that are near impossible to kill (they will always be back at 100% hp after a stealth and have cleansed all condis) or jumping bean perma-evade staff dd that are next to impossible to even get a hit on, perma-stealth teleport de that stun on every steal and then just tp away and stealth, every single time until you die from boredom because there is nothing you can do. Saying complain about mesmers and not des is like saying complain about the rain, not the storm. Either way it's bad weather.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Speaking as a Necro main.

> They are a nightmare.

> I have bias.

> But their endless stealth needs nerf.

I disagree with deadeye needing a nerf because I hate Necros. I hate how scourges ruined both spvp and wvw with the stupid aoe bullshit. Necros is the main reason people are sick of pvp and I enjoy getting on my p/p thief sometimes to completely destroy you guys.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > Mesmers are far more dangerous than Deadeyes. You but sneeze on a Deadeye and they die, their mobility and condi cleanse are limited, while Mesmers can stunbreak and endlessly dodge + stealth + evade + invul + cleanse anything. If you want to complain about something, complain about Mesmers, not DEs. They have so many tells to their actions that if you die to one it's merely a L2P issue.

> HA!

>

> That is indeed a l2p or build issue then. Thieves can easily use hp regen builds that are near impossible to kill (they will always be back at 100% hp after a stealth and have cleansed all condis) or jumping bean perma-evade staff dd that are next to impossible to even get a hit on, perma-stealth teleport de that stun on every steal and then just tp away and stealth, every single time until you die from boredom because there is nothing you can do. Saying complain about mesmers and not des is like saying complain about the rain, not the storm. Either way it's bad weather.

If their health pool is low enough to manage against health % modifiers then one good stun should let you one shot them. If they're just regenerating a huge health pool with healing stats then they shouldn't be able to do much to you unless you're letting them, it's their time they're wasting, you don't have to make it yours.

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Of course some perform better because the player is more skilled vs ranged.,

>

> This right here. Playing a deadeye (and I openly admit I am FAR FROM being anywhere close to the best) It is skill and knowing how to defend against the deadeye. Should melee also be upset that scourge just wipes them to the ground. I admit I have more success against the Mesmer and Necro since I made the switch to deadeye but when they pair up with another decent player I am on the run. When I jump on my Ranger I will make a deadeye cry but ofc it is ranged against ranged.

>

> So, when I roam if there are classes roaming in pairs that can take me out on one build I switch to another toon that counters them. Hate getting to the north camp to take out a T3 by myself only to die to a scourge and a warrior.....

>

>

>

>

>

Except Warrior can facetank Scourge damage most of the time 1v1. I don't mind DE being able to roam better than classes X,Y, and Z, but your statement of, "Hate getting to north camp to take our a T3 by myself only to die to a Scourge AND a warrior......" You should die to a duo given that skills are equal or close to equal. I don't even try to roam on my Scourge anymore. I use Core warrior, SB, Spellbreaker, Burnbrand, or Mesmer and beat Scourge quite often. DE should NEVER lose to a Scourge.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Of course some perform better because the player is more skilled vs ranged.,

> >

> > This right here. Playing a deadeye (and I openly admit I am FAR FROM being anywhere close to the best) It is skill and knowing how to defend against the deadeye. Should melee also be upset that scourge just wipes them to the ground. I admit I have more success against the Mesmer and Necro since I made the switch to deadeye but when they pair up with another decent player I am on the run. When I jump on my Ranger I will make a deadeye cry but ofc it is ranged against ranged.

> >

> > So, when I roam if there are classes roaming in pairs that can take me out on one build I switch to another toon that counters them. Hate getting to the north camp to take out a T3 by myself only to die to a scourge and a warrior.....

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Except Warrior can facetank Scourge damage most of the time 1v1. I don't mind DE being able to roam better than classes X,Y, and Z, but your statement of, "Hate getting to north camp to take our a T3 by myself only to die to a Scourge AND a warrior......" You should die to a duo given that skills are equal or close to equal. I don't even try to roam on my Scourge anymore. I use Core warrior, SB, Spellbreaker, Burnbrand, or Mesmer and beat Scourge quite often. DE should NEVER lose to a Scourge.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't really complaining about the dying part. What I meant is I get there with my DE only to die and agree I should. I just switch it up to something that has more viability to survive that encounter or in some cases just leave it alone.

To be honest with you as thief.

You can nerf stealth all you want a necro is most of the time dead alone vs any thief build.

None the less I played deadeye perma stealth.

Very boring it's fucking retarded stupid pve is more fun cus you simply choose to lose as perma stealth deadeye unless you made a fatal error youre gonna win everything.

I switched very fast to a non stealth deadeye build which was far more fun and challenging but result dmg wise is the same so you as necro would still die.

You see your necro is badass in blob gameplay

Thief is badass in solo.

Tho I have always played thief without stealth I always hated to relay on stealth I mean ofcourse I used stealth mid fights but never to reset when I play d/p thief I barely ever use smoke field combo.

So I couldn't give a rats ass if they do nerf it.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > > ranged classes are necro nemesis.... druid / soulbeast even core ranger can kitten necro without problem.

> > > > > And deadeye is more than that... necro have low mobility even if you try wurm / sand swell... also necro almost doesnt have usable projectile def...

> > > >

> > > > this is true however deadeyes can remain perma invis while roaming until they choose to engage.

> > > > In which case, they would be dealing insane amount of damage out of invis with no tell.

> > > > They usually cast mark which is a daze/stun and then burst.

> > > > This require insane reflexes from the player to break stun and negate their damage or for the player to trait auto-trigger damage immune traits.

> > >

> > > Sorry but there isn’t any insane amount of damage from Stealth with a Deadeye without tells, The facts prove that their “Insane”amounts of Damage come with some of the most Obvious tells in game.

> > >

> > > .#thosepeskyfacts

> > You can abuse the action camera to fire deaths judgement without any tell whatsoever.

> >

> > .#thetruefacts

>

> not true. still hear and see the shot, and the voice over when said deadeye uses action cam.

This does not help those of us who do not play with sound. I rely on visuals 100%, which is why stealth is impossible for me to combat. I do not hear any audio tells, and "seeing" the shot coming from behind me is impossible. As is targeting a player who constantly pops in and out of stealth. I usually play melee with virtually no AoE (and absolutely none at range), and I almost never get any kind of hit on any kind of stealth-heavy class. I have been playing for 5 years and I have never beaten a thief in a 1v1 because he either kills me or escapes 100% of the time.

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > > > ranged classes are necro nemesis.... druid / soulbeast even core ranger can kitten necro without problem.

> > > > > > And deadeye is more than that... necro have low mobility even if you try wurm / sand swell... also necro almost doesnt have usable projectile def...

> > > > >

> > > > > this is true however deadeyes can remain perma invis while roaming until they choose to engage.

> > > > > In which case, they would be dealing insane amount of damage out of invis with no tell.

> > > > > They usually cast mark which is a daze/stun and then burst.

> > > > > This require insane reflexes from the player to break stun and negate their damage or for the player to trait auto-trigger damage immune traits.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry but there isn’t any insane amount of damage from Stealth with a Deadeye without tells, The facts prove that their “Insane”amounts of Damage come with some of the most Obvious tells in game.

> > > >

> > > > .#thosepeskyfacts

> > > You can abuse the action camera to fire deaths judgement without any tell whatsoever.

> > >

> > > .#thetruefacts

> >

> > not true. still hear and see the shot, and the voice over when said deadeye uses action cam.

>

> This does not help those of us who do not play with sound. I rely on visuals 100%, which is why stealth is impossible for me to combat. I do not hear any audio tells, and "seeing" the shot coming from behind me is impossible. As is targeting a player who constantly pops in and out of stealth. I usually play melee with virtually no AoE (and absolutely none at range), and I almost never get any kind of hit on any kind of stealth-heavy class. I have been playing for 5 years and I have never beaten a thief in a 1v1 because he either kills me or escapes 100% of the time.

From behind is only something you can 'see' if the attack os from a Melee class. And not when it is a leap.

Sound cues are all over. If you are missing them, whether by choice, or because of hearing difficulties, is not a reason to balance.

Since you play Melee with no AOE (Again, that is a choice) are you saying that because you choose this, you should be able to get a hit on them?

Somewhat unrelated: I don't run a scourge or a DE in WvW for multiple reasons. But on my light class, DE has killed me maybe... 3-4 times while roaming?

I don't think for roaming, either is an issue.

If there was a way to tone down scourge stuff when used as a group, it would be good. Or maybe try tweaking the number of targets.,

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> From behind is only something you can 'see' if the attack os from a Melee class. And not when it is a leap.

>

> Sound cues are all over. If you are missing them, whether by choice, or because of hearing difficulties, is not a reason to balance.

>

> Since you play Melee with no AOE (Again, that is a choice) are you saying that because you choose this, you should be able to get a hit on them?

>

> Somewhat unrelated: I don't run a scourge or a DE in WvW for multiple reasons. But on my light class, DE has killed me maybe... 3-4 times while roaming?

>

> I don't think for roaming, either is an issue.

>

> If there was a way to tone down scourge stuff when used as a group, it would be good. Or maybe try tweaking the number of targets.,

It depends on what you play... if you mostly group-play... then are problems FB+scourge

If you mostly roam... then problems are mesmers, spellbreakers, soulbeasts, thieves.... depends on which class you play ofc. Why its not deadeye biggest problem ? coz they are not enough.... you just met only few... one weekend we made party from 5 DE, omg that was real paranoia pain for targets... main thing on DE, you cant do s**t unless he attacks you and reveal yourself ...

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> I have been playing for 5 years and I have never beaten a thief in a 1v1 because he either kills me or escapes 100% of the time.

Do you think this is a problem with the game itself? Or perhaps just you at this point? Because I assure you that other people playing your chosen profession have beaten, and will continue to beat Thieves 1v1.

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> > From behind is only something you can 'see' if the attack os from a Melee class. And not when it is a leap.

> >

> > Sound cues are all over. If you are missing them, whether by choice, or because of hearing difficulties, is not a reason to balance.

> >

> > Since you play Melee with no AOE (Again, that is a choice) are you saying that because you choose this, you should be able to get a hit on them?

> >

> > Somewhat unrelated: I don't run a scourge or a DE in WvW for multiple reasons. But on my light class, DE has killed me maybe... 3-4 times while roaming?

> >

> > I don't think for roaming, either is an issue.

> >

> > If there was a way to tone down scourge stuff when used as a group, it would be good. Or maybe try tweaking the number of targets.,

>

> It depends on what you play... if you mostly group-play... then are problems FB+scourge

> If you mostly roam... then problems are mesmers, spellbreakers, soulbeasts, thieves.... depends on which class you play ofc. Why its not deadeye biggest problem ? coz they are not enough.... you just met only few... one weekend we made party from 5 DE, omg that was real paranoia pain for targets... main thing on DE, you cant do s**t unless he attacks you and reveal yourself ...

A group of 5 coordinated? Yeah, that's gonna beat most. Not really the issue here.

I didn't say they couldn't be a problem. A Zerg of only scourges unless their enemy sets up for that, would be deadly.

Yes, Mesmer, thiefs and warriors (along with druids to a point) dominate solo roaming. They have for a number of years.

Point I made was even on a non tanky light armor class, DE's have not been a problem.

There is not a lot of DEs out there for a good reason: People don't understand how to play it, stink at it, OR aren't patient enough for it.

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > Speaking as a Necro main.

> > They are a nightmare.

> > I have bias.

> > But their endless stealth needs nerf.

>

> The most broken class for zerging is complaining about the most broken class for roaming?

>

> Ok..

This x10000000.

Good post bud.

It's like... do necros realize they can't do everything? They can mass aoe spam for days and complain about a thief ripping them a new one? Get real. The thief class in mmos have always had the highest burst, good mobility, and invisible spells.... and only for a single target and not 349058345 guys at once.

You can't win it all Necros! You selfish ******** causing class you.

> @"BMW.2951" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > Speaking as a Necro main.

> > > They are a nightmare.

> > > I have bias.

> > > But their endless stealth needs nerf.

> >

> > The most broken class for zerging is complaining about the most broken class for roaming?

> >

> > Ok..

>

> This x10000000.

>

> Good post bud.

>

> It's like... do necros realize they can't do everything? They can mass aoe spam for days and complain about a thief ripping them a new one? Get real. The thief class in mmos have always had the highest burst, good mobility, and invisible spells.... and only for a single target and not 349058345 guys at once.

>

> You can't win it all Necros! You selfish cancer causing class you.

Not my class so I don't care if it sucks.

Every class should be viable for a particular mode of play.

How do you get 3 DE's out of your keep? They rezz each other when we happen to kill one. Their stealth uptime is almost 100%. They have high mobility, high stealth, high dmg and are able to kill the lord if we don't get rid of them. Stealth trap doesn't work, they just restealth. Reveal can easily be removed. They also slot block, and not even the reaper's burst are high enough to kill one on time before they escape. Don't say something like L2p blabla, give me a solution instead. pls. And yes, they do this for longer than 10 hours a day. Any pro tips`?