Please Nerf Serpent's Ire

NOBODY is doing this meta event on EU so it's now become a part of the game that cannot be completed and therefore Anet has to do something about it. It's not the players fault people are avoiding this meta, it's Anet's.

And Anet needs to stop linking collection/achievements to dead events, it's not going to revive them if the underlying reason isn't addressed.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, this is the case for many meta events once the initial zerg has gotten its achievements and moved on. Why this one is tied to so many achievements is beyond me, but I absolutely agree that it and other metas need to be addressed. And I'll include myself in the equation: once I got the achievements and/or items for the achievements, I will _never_ do this event again.

The frustration far outweighs any benefit or reason to repeat this nightmare.

I led this event 2 times; one with 28 people in squad and some randoms, one with 36 in squad and some randoms. They weren't "massive" zergs. Go to MoM or Tarir you'll find more people. I just had to Broadcast "BRING SOME CROWD CONTROL SKILLS PLEASE LIKE THIS [Overcharged Shot]" like 10 times.

> @"Colly.4073" said:

> NOBODY is doing this meta event on EU so it's now become a part of the game that cannot be completed and therefore Anet has to do something about it. It's not the players fault people are avoiding this meta, it's Anet's.

>

> And Anet needs to stop linking collection/achievements to dead events, it's not going to revive them if the underlying reason isn't addressed.

I did it recently in EU with Open Community and it went really well. As far as I know GW2Community does it as well. Just look at the calendars in their forums.

When I did it with Open Community we even weren't that many people in ts and the commander also posted the event in lfg.

All this event needs is a commander explaining the event in map and/or squad chat and tell everyone to bring cc (e.g. start with bunny) and tell people where to go.

> @"Colly.4073" said:

> NOBODY is doing this meta event on EU so it's now become a part of the game that cannot be completed and therefore Anet has to do something about it. It's not the players fault people are avoiding this meta, it's Anet's.

>

> And Anet needs to stop linking collection/achievements to dead events, it's not going to revive them if the underlying reason isn't addressed.

To say "nobody" is doing it isn't entirely accurate, but it has to be said to see this listed in LFG is pretty rare on EU, in comparison to other events.

Of course there are occasionally organised community runs that happen, and those would be the best bet of anyone wants it done. But for HoT metas, Istan etc there's normally at least 3+ large squads/maps available on LFG for each cycle that they occur, for Serpents Ire I never see it listed during the week in the evenings or day, I've only seen it listed once or twice at a weekend (and often those don't get more than about 10-15 people in the squad, just a few hopeful players doomed to fail).

Although many players, myself included, don't do events just for rewards, I think the time to reward ratio, combined with the fairly high chance of failure if people don't pull their weight, are why many players aren't doing it and why it's so rarely listed in comparison to other metas.

For me, the only reasons I don't do the event, or tag up to organise it, is simply because I don't think it's all that fun/there's other events/things I'd rather do. And the performance of that area seems atrocious, it seems to give awful FPS if I'm exploring it solo, during the meta it's almost unplayable for me.

I am on EU and participated in this event 4 times in last 4 days (it was in the evening) and each time it was successful. Only once we were struggling a bit. In the past I did it more than 10 times times and always successful. To my experience, there is always at least one squad in LFG and in all cases I participated the commander would explain the basics, mark the important points etc.

So, I find it to be quite a tough event but not difficult in terms of mechanics and perfectly manageable once you know what to do. I don't think it needs a nerf. If anything, I would buff rewards. Try it on evenings or weekends and there should be no problems getting it done.

I'm really happy for all of you that managed to complete this event, good for you, but that doesn't make it any easier for us who haven't and have difficulty in doing so, not b/c we don't know how to play or what to do. The fact is, when u have to rely on others to achieve something, abilities are taken out of your hands.

> @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> I'm really happy for all of you that managed to complete this event, good for you, but that doesn't make it any easier for us who haven't and have difficulty in doing so, not b/c we don't know how to play or what to do. The fact is, when u have to rely on others to achieve something, abilities are taken out of your hands.

I agree. It should be soloable. Like triple trouble, or Teq, or Karka Queen, or Maw, or Great jungle wurm, or

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > I'm really happy for all of you that managed to complete this event, good for you, but that doesn't make it any easier for us who haven't and have difficulty in doing so, not b/c we don't know how to play or what to do. The fact is, when u have to rely on others to achieve something, abilities are taken out of your hands.

>

> I agree. It should be soloable. Like triple trouble, or Teq, or Karka Queen, or Maw, or Great jungle wurm, or

I think you misunderstand me, perhaps you should have read my other comments, I'm not against it being a group content, but rather, that it's been included as part of a collection for a supposedly innocent golem backpack. I could even understand it if it were for a legendary weapon. but not an ascended backpack, cute though it may be.

My comment was made in that spirit, not complaining about making metas soloable.

I personally don’t find Serpent’s Ire hard, at all.

If you join a dedicated squad it has a pretty high successchance.

I personally find it very boring.

Finding the rogue zealots is somwhat fun, but then killing 4 zealots at the lake which is more of a slow CC burn, which is essentially just waiting.

And then there’s the actual fight.

Two bosses who are invisible 90% of the time, and dont even seem to really do anything.

This is more a fight of patience than skill.

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > > I'm really happy for all of you that managed to complete this event, good for you, but that doesn't make it any easier for us who haven't and have difficulty in doing so, not b/c we don't know how to play or what to do. The fact is, when u have to rely on others to achieve something, abilities are taken out of your hands.

> >

> > I agree. It should be soloable. Like triple trouble, or Teq, or Karka Queen, or Maw, or Great jungle wurm, or

>

> I think you misunderstand me, perhaps you should have read my other comments, I'm not against it being a group content, but rather, that it's been included as part of a collection for a supposedly innocent golem backpack. I could even understand it if it were for a legendary weapon. but not an ascended backpack, cute though it may be.

> My comment was made in that spirit, not complaining about making metas soloable.

Let me rephrase, then. TT requires dps and people knowing the mechanics of each head (when to run kegs, eggblocking, when to kill abo, when to fill colortanks) Teq requires people to man the turrets (you see where i am going with this). Serpents Ire requires CC mostly in 2nd phase. It is just a different mechanic, in my mind this is all there is to it...

If I understand @"Tiger Ashante.1792" Serpent's Ire is fine but they'd prefer it if the collection (or whatever it is) for this back item were not connected to the meta itself.

I can somewhat support this; obtaining armor skins shouldn't really rely on large-scale meta events. Or, rahter, if they do the skins should be connected only to that meta - kind of like Teq has its own unique set of ascended weapons, and TT has unique armors. There could well be a new set of ascended armors from Ire as well.

Moving the collection for this back item to something else, possibly a solo or group event would probably not hurt anyone.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> If I understand @"Tiger Ashante.1792" Serpent's Ire is fine but they'd prefer it if the collection (or whatever it is) for this back item were not connected to the meta itself.

> I can somewhat support this; obtaining armor skins shouldn't really rely on large-scale meta events. Or, rahter, if they do the skins should be connected only to that meta - kind of like Teq has its own unique set of ascended weapons, and TT has unique armors. There could well be a new set of ascended armors from Ire as well.

>

> Moving the collection for this back item to something else, possibly a solo or group event would probably not hurt anyone.

The Mark Y Golem is cosmetically-wise already an item of near-legendary grade due to its cuteness and animations. It's also one of the few available ascended PoF-backpieces for the time being (meaning one of the few backpieces with Harrier-stats etc.) making it worth more than your average backpiece. I think its good that they connected the collection to Serpent's Ire. Meta-Event-wise, it should be the main-event of PoF if only the rewards were befitting the effort and actually incentivize doing the event. We're playing a multiplayer-game and you really shouldn't complain that you have to play with other people to achieve certain goals. The problems are rather the lackluster rewards of Serpent's Ire and the year-long cultivation of the "auto-atk-1111111-mentality" to get everything done, thus leading to people not being able to play their class; not being able to carry their weight.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > If I understand @"Tiger Ashante.1792" Serpent's Ire is fine but they'd prefer it if the collection (or whatever it is) for this back item were not connected to the meta itself.

> > I can somewhat support this; obtaining armor skins shouldn't really rely on large-scale meta events. Or, rahter, if they do the skins should be connected only to that meta - kind of like Teq has its own unique set of ascended weapons, and TT has unique armors. There could well be a new set of ascended armors from Ire as well.

> >

> > Moving the collection for this back item to something else, possibly a solo or group event would probably not hurt anyone.

>

> The Mark Y Golem is cosmetically-wise already an item of near-legendary grade due to its cuteness and animations. It's also one of the few available ascended PoF-backpieces for the time being (meaning one of the few backpieces with Harrier-stats etc.) making it worth more than your average backpiece. I think its good that they connected the collection to Serpent's Ire. Meta-Event-wise, it should be the main-event of PoF if only the rewards were befitting the effort and actually incentivize doing the event. We're playing a multiplayer-game and you really shouldn't complain that you have to play with other people to achieve certain goals. The problems are rather the lackluster rewards of Serpent's Ire and the year-long cultivation of the "auto-atk-1111111-mentality" to get everything done, thus leading to people not being able to play their class; not being able to carry their weight.

B-b-but gw2 should be easy! Doable by everyone! Everyone should be entitled to everything, with minimum effort! It is anet's base mentality!

Joking aside, Serpents Ire has a really bad cc scaling issue

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > If I understand @"Tiger Ashante.1792" Serpent's Ire is fine but they'd prefer it if the collection (or whatever it is) for this back item were not connected to the meta itself.

> > I can somewhat support this; obtaining armor skins shouldn't really rely on large-scale meta events. Or, rahter, if they do the skins should be connected only to that meta - kind of like Teq has its own unique set of ascended weapons, and TT has unique armors. There could well be a new set of ascended armors from Ire as well.

> >

> > Moving the collection for this back item to something else, possibly a solo or group event would probably not hurt anyone.

>

> The Mark Y Golem is cosmetically-wise already an item of near-legendary grade due to its cuteness and animations. It's also one of the few available ascended PoF-backpieces for the time being (meaning one of the few backpieces with Harrier-stats etc.) making it worth more than your average backpiece. I think its good that they connected the collection to Serpent's Ire. Meta-Event-wise, it should be the main-event of PoF if only the rewards were befitting the effort and actually incentivize doing the event. We're playing a multiplayer-game and you really shouldn't complain that you have to play with other people to achieve certain goals. The problems are rather the lackluster rewards of Serpent's Ire and the year-long cultivation of the "auto-atk-1111111-mentality" to get everything done, thus leading to people not being able to play their class; not being able to carry their weight.

I haven't even started that particular back item so I have no idea what the skin looks like :) - personally I think Anet took the whole "1 back item per new zone" a bit too far so I don't really bother with them. (I wouldn't want them gone, I just don't bother with them myself).

Also, fwiw I'm not complaining about playing with others - I frequently team up and even tag up when there's need for teamwork. And then I also try to lead the event as best I can. In this particular case I was just a bit sympathetic to the opinion that connecting the back item to Ire (which tbh isn't done all that often) might not be perfect.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't nerf anything. make it harder so players will work harder and not just press 1 all their life pew pewing from range and give nothing. Work for your reward.

1. What reward? the rewards for completing this meta are absolute garbage and this is why people don't want to step foot near once they have gotten the achievement they wanted.

2. Now that players have moved on and don't go near the meta it makes it harder to get a group of even 30 people even at weekends, The scaling on this meta is terrible so even if you do manage to scrape 30 people together it's going to be a fail.

3. Just because you got what you wanted when the maps where well populated and your runs where easy doesn't mean the ones that are trying to scrape groups together now are brain dead idiots who have no clue.

> @"Colly.4073" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't nerf anything. make it harder so players will work harder and not just press 1 all their life pew pewing from range and give nothing. Work for your reward.

>

> 1. What reward? the rewards for completing this meta are absolute garbage and this is why people don't want to step foot near once they have gotten the achievement they wanted.

> 2. Now that players have moved on and don't go near the meta it makes it harder to get a group of even 30 people even at weekends, The scaling on this meta is terrible so even if you do manage to scrape 30 people together it's going to be a fail.

> 3. Just because you got what you wanted when the maps where well populated and your runs where easy doesn't mean the ones that are trying to scrape groups together now are brain dead idiots who have no clue.

Thank you. for once some 1 who understands where i'm coming from. You made my point much more eloquently :+1:

> @"Sithis.3564" said:

> 2. Pek instant kill everyone if he is not kitted away.

This more or less happens anyway. Sometimes it doesn't even get rendered so you get killed by an invisible hydra.

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> If I understand @"Tiger Ashante.1792" Serpent's Ire is fine but they'd prefer it if the collection (or whatever it is) for this back item were not connected to the meta itself.

> I can somewhat support this; obtaining armor skins shouldn't really rely on large-scale meta events. Or, rahter, if they do the skins should be connected only to that meta - kind of like Teq has its own unique set of ascended weapons, and TT has unique armors. There could well be a new set of ascended armors from Ire as well.

>

> Moving the collection for this back item to something else, possibly a solo or group event would probably not hurt anyone.

If it actually had unique rewards then there would probably be more people doing for longer. Maybe enough to break the catch-22 situation.

> Tonight again, i tried this event and it was a flop. /sad face

If you are on EU you can try to do the event when it is organized by one of the communities.

For example try it here: http://www.theopencommunity.org/calendar/ or here: https://gw2community.com/calendar/

I think the event itself is fine. You need less people and organisation then Triple Trouble but it is not so easy that it works with just pressing 1 and without organising the people a bit.

I also think it needs more rewards. I would be happy if it would be at least similar with Teq rewards. Maybe ascended weapons like the ones from Teq but with branded colours.

> @"Auri.1365" said:

> > @"Tiger Ashante.1792" said:

> > Tonight again, i tried this event and it was a flop. /sad face

>

> If you are on EU you can try to do the event when it is organized by one of the communities.

> For example try it here: http://www.theopencommunity.org/calendar/ or here: https://gw2community.com/calendar/

>

> I think the event itself is fine. You need less people and organisation then Triple Trouble but it is not so easy that it works with just pressing 1 and without organising the people a bit.

> I also think it needs more rewards. I would be happy if it would be at least similar with Teq rewards. Maybe ascended weapons like the ones from Teq but with branded colours.

I'm on NA.

But it really saddens me seeing gw2 community on these forums constantly referring to 111 as a form of demeaning other players or forum posters when they have issues with some aspects of the game. I just hope you realise all of you are part of gw2 community and using those terms is putting yourselves down and doing a great dis-service to the community as a whole.