Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > >

> > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > >

> > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> >

> > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

>

> Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.

> Only pvp is missing that unique shiny skin now.

Many think wrong. Obviously, preferences are highly subjective

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > >

> > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > >

> > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> >

> > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

>

> Idd which i find rather annoying. But i guet why they might have done it, still, id prefer if the last tier with effects was the legendary set.

Annoying? Why?

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> >Legendary armor is already accessible outside of raids.

> _Not in PVE_, it isn't.

Yeah but the title of the thread and the actual poll is about legendary armor outside of raids which already exists and the TL:DR is about the _envoy skin_ outside of raids. Those things are completely different.

So what is this thread about? It just skews the poll and make it useless other than suggesting interest in legendary armor or the skin that is not existent as people understood the poll wrong.

Unfortunately I don't trust Anet fashion designers further than I can throw them. The armour would probably be needlessly overdesigned in some attempt to introduce a revolutionary new mechanic. That being said, we have a total sample size of 3 - so maybe the next set of legendary armours would look more nifty? I don't know.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

>

> If you want it, you can do it too.

If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> >

> > If you want it, you can do it too.

>

> If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

_If_.

10chars

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > >

> > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > >

> > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > >

> > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> >

> > Idd which i find rather annoying. But i guet why they might have done it, still, id prefer if the last tier with effects was the legendary set.

>

> Annoying? Why?

Id like the armor skin that has the most attention and the in combat effect to be the legemdary skin. But thats just my opinion where i think it should be the same for all legrndary armors.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> >

> > If you want it, you can do it too.

>

> If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > > >

> > > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > > >

> > > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> > >

> > > Idd which i find rather annoying. But i guet why they might have done it, still, id prefer if the last tier with effects was the legendary set.

> >

> > Annoying? Why?

>

> Id like the armor skin that has the most attention and the in combat effect to be the legemdary skin. But thats just my opinion where i think it should be the same for all legrndary armors.

Getting to 2k rank, that is what that skin is about. Is it hard to get to 2k. Sadly, wvw has NO unique leggy skin. It probably never will.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > >

> > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> >

> > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

>

> He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > > > >

> > > > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> > > >

> > > > Idd which i find rather annoying. But i guet why they might have done it, still, id prefer if the last tier with effects was the legendary set.

> > >

> > > Annoying? Why?

> >

> > Id like the armor skin that has the most attention and the in combat effect to be the legemdary skin. But thats just my opinion where i think it should be the same for all legrndary armors.

>

> Getting to 2k rank, that is what that skin is about. Is it hard to get to 2k. Sadly, wvw has NO unique leggy skin. It probably never will.

Im just saying the 2k rank set with said skin should be the legendary armor for wvw.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > >

> > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > >

> > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> >

> > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

>

> To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

+1

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > >

> > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > >

> > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > >

> > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> >

> > Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.

> > Only pvp is missing that unique shiny skin now.

>

> Many think wrong. Obviously, preferences are highly subjective

Well that skin is unique to wvw and can be forged into legendary status, so yes wvw already has a unique legendary skin.

If people don't like it that's a different story, many people don't like raid legendary skins but is the skins they will get.

> > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > > >

> > > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > > >

> > > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> > >

> > > Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.

> > > Only pvp is missing that unique shiny skin now.

> >

> > Many think wrong. Obviously, preferences are highly subjective

>

> Well that skin is unique to wvw and can be forged into legendary status, so yes wvw already has a unique legendary skin.

> If people don't like it that's a different story, many people don't like raid legendary skins but is the skins they will get.

Actually its not a unique legendary skin. Its an asc skin that can be converted into legendary item tier. Not quite the same. I get your argurment bit it would aply if the skin was only available for the legendary armor.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.

> >

>

> Well that skin is unique to wvw and can be forged into legendary status, so yes wvw already has a unique legendary skin.

> If people don't like it that's a different story, many people don't like raid legendary skins but is the skins they will get.

This is a unique skin for wvw. Not an exclusive skin for legendary armor. Anyone with 2k rank and sufficient tickets can buy it. It is by no means a unique legendary skin.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > Diff skin not the envoy set.

> > > > > > Other than that i always agreed that there prob should be a set of legendary status (qol wise) for pve.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wether should be as flashy can be argued. Imo it shouldnt because time spend doesnt mean effort necessarily. But they are free to do w/e they want to as long as its a diff skin. (and the way to get enoy remains through raiding.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imo the skin should be like the highest skin in wvw it gets some glows when it enters combat which remain until u get out of combat. Bit again anet decides (i still believe raod armor requires the most effort therefore should have the most detail) that being said pvp armor is getting a paint job (which id like to aply only to the legendary and the tourney sets both of great "prestige".

> > > > >

> > > > > The wvw "flashy" skin is because you hit that 2k rank, not cause it is some kind of unique legendary stuff...

> > > >

> > > > Many think that the wvw flashy skin is way better skin than the raid legendary skin, so wvw already have a unique legendary skin.

> > > > Only pvp is missing that unique shiny skin now.

> > >

> > > Many think wrong. Obviously, preferences are highly subjective

> >

> > Well that skin is unique to wvw and can be forged into legendary status, so yes wvw already has a unique legendary skin.

> > If people don't like it that's a different story, many people don't like raid legendary skins but is the skins they will get.

>

> This is a unique skin for wvw. Not an exclusive skin for legendary armor. Anyone with 2k rank and sufficient tickets can buy it. It is by no means a unique legendary skin.

Getting to 2k rank is like a legendary journey since it takes such a long time :open_mouth:

But yeah I know what u mean :D

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Aye, It is an ascended skin with additional effects. But raid legendary armor have each armor part transformation upon weapon drawn that exclusive to raid armor.

Now if you like the energy wing of wvw tier3 armor, buy the chest and you are done. But raid armor got transformation on every part, there are much wider mix and match potential.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like any of the raid armor. But i wish to the game provide more options for armor with transform function in the future. And i think wvw and pvp legendary armor skin are now extremely under performed.

It makes such a great mechanic wasted... i prefer more transformation armor with more ways to optain.

Well, considering the fact that I'm just an open world player, I only wear one Ascended set and never change the stats (Celestial), I don't actually NEED Legendary gear. I'm not fond of the skins either. Legendary stuff offer the same stats as Ascended so I don't really see the point of adding more. I guess it's only useful for people who switch stats all the time to be perfect for the current meta but these players are probably the raiders who already have their Legendary gear. BUT I don't really care, if many people want it, then feel free to add it, it's optional so I'm not forced to get it. :) -shrugs-

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> Well, considering the fact that I'm just an open world player, I only wear one Ascended set and never change the stats (Celestial), I don't actually NEED Legendary gear. I'm not fond of the skins either. Legendary stuff offer the same stats as Ascended so I don't really see the point of adding more. I guess it's only useful for people who switch stats all the time to be perfect for the current meta but these players are probably the raiders who already have their Legendary gear. BUT I don't really care, if many people want it, then feel free to add it, it's optional so I'm not forced to get it. :) -shrugs-

Aye, there is no point for the stat since it is same as ascended, but stat swap and always include the complete stat pool of choice is a big deal for many players. Besides, the only full armor sets that provide weapon on drawn animation are the RAID legendary armor. I personally wish to see more different transformer armor in game, it is fashion war after all.

I don't change my stats enough for legendary armour to be worthwhile and I'm not a big fan of animated armour skins - I'd maybe use 1 or 2 pieces on a character, but not all the time. So legendary armour doesn't really offer anything for me, I'm fine with ascended.

But I wouldn't be opposed to the people who want it having more ways to get it. I've never been able to commit the time to do raids (being able to be online at the same time every week is not easy for me) so I can understand why the current method is frustrating for people who want it, and maybe adding another option would help.