Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> I think Anet could have actually saved all those who got banned by mistake if they would simply make an official in-game dmg meter and a build template. But hey,i guess instead of doing something that would actually improve the quality of the game and stop most people from using these 3rd party software, they would rather make sittable chairs. Yeah....

We don't need a damage meter in the UI, because all that will do is force people to play only one type of build. Different play styles require different builds. If we had damage meters, than that would be the only measure of how good a build is without considering the environment and purpose. Variety matters. Let's not turn things more elitist than they already are with raids.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lord Huntsman.4691" said:

> > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > I think Anet could have actually saved all those who got banned by mistake if they would simply make an official in-game dmg meter and a build template. But hey,i guess instead of doing something that would actually improve the quality of the game and stop most people from using these 3rd party software, they would rather make sittable chairs. Yeah....

>

> We don't need a damage meter in the UI, because all that will do is force people to play only one type of build. Different play styles require different builds. If we had damage meters, than that would be the only measure of how good a build is without considering the environment and purpose. Variety matters. Let's not turn things more elitist than they already are with raids.

The raid already forces people to play meta builds. There is no way around it now, and Anet made it so. Refusing to make a meter that defines how good you are in a game mode where you need to be good will only result in people using "illegal" software like this and risking a ban for a simple addon feature that should at the very least be a part of the raiding aspect of the game.

I am not here to complain. I am in no way sorry that it happened to me or anyone else. I run Zero addons so I know the particular hack I used affected many others. It's the chance I took.

I did get sick and tired of people running across maps, free hobbling and many other things in WvW and I believe others did as well. So for about eight months or more there have been complaints and nothing done so myself and others I know took it upon ourselves to level the playing field instead of waiting and now we will sit idle by our own faults. What do I do? Go apologize for breaking the rules and beg forgiveness. Nah. I'll either wait my six months or just give up MMOs for good since this is the only one I play.

For the many that have and will come to complain about how they didn't cheat the system I say bullshit. You probably did. There is always that glimmer of hope for a false positive but it appears ANET has studied this hack and cheat system(s) (though it took forever and I can confirm that I have dropped some cash on this game in gems and that doesn't play into their decision. For get favoritism on that part.

It has been a fun ride and I love the game. I have always been an ANET proponent and hope they succeed and too bad I probably won't be around to see the new WvW and LS stories up coming but eh...summer is coming and I got a new puppy who is growing fast. Maybe some fresh air is what I need.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" it has been a fun 5 years watching this community grow and I submit to you my apologies for falling into the trap instead of waiting it out.

Farewell

> @"freeman.7315" said:

> > @"Lord Huntsman.4691" said:

> > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > I think Anet could have actually saved all those who got banned by mistake if they would simply make an official in-game dmg meter and a build template. But hey,i guess instead of doing something that would actually improve the quality of the game and stop most people from using these 3rd party software, they would rather make sittable chairs. Yeah....

> >

> > We don't need a damage meter in the UI, because all that will do is force people to play only one type of build. Different play styles require different builds. If we had damage meters, than that would be the only measure of how good a build is without considering the environment and purpose. Variety matters. Let's not turn things more elitist than they already are with raids.

>

> The raid already forces people to play meta builds. There is no way around it now, and Anet made it so. Refusing to make a meter that defines how good you are in a game mode where you need to be good will only result in people using "illegal" software like this and risking a ban for a simple addon feature that should at the very least be a part of the raiding aspect of the game.

Who is forcing you to play meta builds?

Just make your own groups with everyone welcome, just dont start crying for nerfs to encounters becouse those group cant down bosses.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > @"Lord Huntsman.4691" said:

> > > > @"freeman.7315" said:

> > > > I think Anet could have actually saved all those who got banned by mistake if they would simply make an official in-game dmg meter and a build template. But hey,i guess instead of doing something that would actually improve the quality of the game and stop most people from using these 3rd party software, they would rather make sittable chairs. Yeah....

> > >

> > > We don't need a damage meter in the UI, because all that will do is force people to play only one type of build. Different play styles require different builds. If we had damage meters, than that would be the only measure of how good a build is without considering the environment and purpose. Variety matters. Let's not turn things more elitist than they already are with raids.

> >

> > The raid already forces people to play meta builds. There is no way around it now, and Anet made it so. Refusing to make a meter that defines how good you are in a game mode where you need to be good will only result in people using "illegal" software like this and risking a ban for a simple addon feature that should at the very least be a part of the raiding aspect of the game.

>

> Who is forcing you to play meta builds?

> Just make your own groups with everyone welcome, just dont start crying for nerfs to encounters becouse those group cant down bosses.

I'd rather not get into the "who is forcing you to play meta in raids" argument,it is off-topic. If you don't know how to play raids effectively by now and what 99% of the grps require of you, i certainly won't explain that to you here. The point here being is whether you or i think that dps meter is or is not required, people still found a way to get it and use it. However, due to Anets vague policy of 3rd party software use, those people are now in danger of a ban for wanting a simple in game feature. That is something that is and by all means should be prevented.

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> Enjoy the pooch, you only get a few chances at that.

Yeah she replaces one I lost and she is so smart :)

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> anet probably should consider lower penalty such as a week ban and they are subject to good behaviour monitor in the next few months. 6 months ban perhaps is a little heavy.. ? Idk. . but using cheat is not acceptable ppl should know that

No I think the penalty is acceptable. I do not do events like SAB or raid and rarely do dungeons. Many of these people did and have 30,000+ AP. I used in one area that I truly love and mainly to counter the ones who used for an advantage. Regardless, like you say people should know better. I knew better but just didn't have the patience anymore.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> anet probably should consider lower penalty such as a week ban and they are subject to good behaviour monitor in the next few months. 6 months ban perhaps is a little heavy.. ? Idk. . but using cheat is not acceptable ppl should know that

A week? Will that stop them from using hacks again? No. One week is a slap on the wrist. Some of us play wvw like OP here. We have seen cheaters time and again, yet we play legitimately. At least OP has the decency to admit he cheated. Is the penalty harsh? Probably yes Should he get leniency? Probably not.

> @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

> > > >

> > > > There are literally tens of thousands of people who would get banned if ArcDPS is the culprit (even BGDM had over 10k users)

> > >

> > > What if they triggered false positives in some cases?

> > Possible yes. It is not my job to judge anyone here. But if they already say no appeals allowed then they must be pretty sure about these punishments?

>

> Thats what scary me the most, the fact they are pretty sure and they wont listen people like me.

> I know I cant do anything to make any of you guys believe my word, but I dont use any hack or any illegal software, and I have a ban.

>

Wish you all the best for getting ur account sorted soon with anet. Just hang in there and let them investigate..

Loosing 1.5k players (I hope some ban will be lifted after full investigation to confirm) I feel a bit sad to know we lost more players... I thought a lighter ban plus warning should set these guys on alert and if they do it second time .. they receive a perma kill to acc

Don't get me wrong.. I don't know anyone in game that's banned. I'm just sharing my view :p

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Loosing 1.5k players (I hope some ban will be lifted after full investigation to confirm) I feel a bit sad to know we lost more players... I thought a lighter ban plus warning should set these guys on alert and if they do it second time .. they receive a perma kill to acc

Investigation is done. That is why the bans . Per Gaile:

_The accounts in question will remain suspended for at least six months, and in the case of this investigation, we will not be accepting appeals about these account suspensions._

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Loosing 1.5k players (I hope some ban will be lifted after full investigation to confirm) I feel a bit sad to know we lost more players... I thought a lighter ban plus warning should set these guys on alert and if they do it second time .. they receive a perma kill to acc

> Don't get me wrong.. I don't know anyone in game that's banned. I'm just sharing my view :p

Nobody wants players like this. You loose lot of more when hacks / bots are tolerated... ppl which will play will be disgusted by these and situation around them and quit the game.... games which was like this.... i left instantly... no legit future there.

This is best solution for future... show them zero tolerance... so others will not try.... or try but they know they can be punished hard.

OP takes it like man, no QQ ,no excuses.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> For information: In my GW2 folder, I now have a text file listing programs with much details and indication if they are prohibited or not. Do you all have that?

I actually would like to find out more so to be careful.. would you mind to share a bit more on that??

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > For information: In my GW2 folder, I now have a text file listing programs with much details and indication if they are prohibited or not. Do you all have that?

>

> I actually would like to find out more so to be careful.. would you mind to share a bit more on that??

>

Directly into my GW2 folder. I am sure it was not there yesterday. The file name is "THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.TXT". The list is huge and I have unfortunately no time to browse it now. For each software, it tells origin, author and such and if it is prohibited or not. Sorry, it is impossible to bring the content in here, it is by far too big.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > > For information: In my GW2 folder, I now have a text file listing programs with much details and indication if they are prohibited or not. Do you all have that?

> >

> > I actually would like to find out more so to be careful.. would you mind to share a bit more on that??

> >

>

> Directly into my GW2 folder. I am sure it was not there yesterday. The file name is "THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.TXT". The list is huge and I have unfortunately no time to browse it now. For each software, it tells origin, author and such and if it is prohibited or not. Sorry, it is impossible to bring the content in here, it is by far too big.

Thank you very much. I will definitely have a look as soon as I get a chance later.!!

> @"gimmick.1845" said:

> Just wait 6 months or quit don't bother complaining....if you really need to play that bad buy new account. It is just a game nothing more. I have never trusted third party stuff and it's clearly paid off.

Neither have I. Yet the account was banned all the same. It would be nice if they'd wait to ban people until proven guilty. They are 100 percent wrong on this and I assume a few others. I hope they sort this out quickly.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> How many players quit because of the hackers? Probably more than the hackers themselves. It serves them right. You play with fire? Self-burning is a danger

Oh really? Sorry I do not understand the severity or impact of these. Did not know tonnes of players quit as a result