WvW Commanders rule: no Ranger, Druid, Dragonhunter, Scrapper, etc

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > >

> > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> >

> > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

>

> Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

Anet should put the responsibility on commanders to conform the the player base in an open environment like wvw, not the other way around, which results in the exclusion of tons of players, and people wonder why the wvw population is low now.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > >

> > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > >

> > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> >

> > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

>

> Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > >

> > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > >

> > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> >

> > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

>

> Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

You guys actually believe that a commander who excludes, then in turn motivates people to conform to the role the commander wants? Sorry but the games moto is play your way, all it does is detract from wvw and players experience in it and it motivates people to quit wvw or not play at all.

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > > >

> > > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > > >

> > > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> > >

> > > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

> >

> > Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

>

> You guys actually believe that a commander who excludes, then in turn motivates people to conform to the role the commander wants? Sorry but the games moto is play your way, all it does is detract from wvw and players experience in it and it motivates people to quit wvw or not play at all.

No. I believe that simply letting everyone in does not mean a thing when it comes to how good of a leader someone is *without factoring in other details. Understanding class mechanics, the map you're in, being able to strategize, and being able to work well with your group (even if you have some baddies in there) all matter. But if you'd rather just make wrong assumptions about what I posted instead, that's cool, too.

> > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > >

> > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > >

> > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> >

> > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

>

> Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

>

> Anet should put the responsibility on commanders to conform the the player base in an open environment like wvw, not the other way around, which results in the exclusion of tons of players, and people wonder why the wvw population is low now.

would anet pay people for tagging up? Let say $1 USD per hour? Responsibility must come with rewards.

> You guys actually believe that a commander who excludes, then in turn motivates people to conform to the role the commander wants? Sorry but the games moto is play your way, all it does is detract from wvw and players experience in it and it motivates people to quit wvw or not play at all.

GW2 does not have a motto, and if it did, "Play your way." would not be it.

Why are you so interested in playing with people who don't want the same game experience you want?

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > > >

> > > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > > >

> > > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> > >

> > > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

> >

> > Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

>

_"Play how you want, but that doesn't mean you get to play with me"_.

The tag is in full control of the commander that owns it, they can make it open or exclusive as they want. That commander is allowed to decide who he lets in whether they be an asset, burden, or who ever.

And if you think that a commander with the moral high horse and open squad is better, then all the power to you. That doesn't mean others have to care.

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> It's been bugging me for a while now. GW2 is a social game but do commanders have right to tell people which profession should they play?? I'm a semi-casual player though many times I get pretty good in WvW and PvP.

> And in WvW some of the commanders just straightforward tell you that they don't want this and that class. Which I think is unfair because from my point of view is like... I paid for/chose this game and I play as I please. I'd rather look for a different commander than play with someone who tells me which character I should play. I'm "lucky" enough that I have all the professions playable (but 4-5 of them are my mains). What about people who have no such profession?? It sucks!

>

> If a commander wishes to have only certain professions in his/hers squad, he/she should organize a squad from their guild/friends, etc that would go for their rules.

> THIS IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS SOME KIND OF TECHNICAL SOLUTION!!

>

> (Or commanders stop being so picky ;p)

I don't get your thinking ... how is Anet going to implement a technical solution to be telling you what to play?

Meh, report the messageswhere the commander harasses people for playing a class (s)he doesn't like, and move on. Anet has been fighting pretty hard recently to reign in the horrible reputation Guild Wars 2's community has achieved throughout the genre, and I imagine if they get enough reports about this they will make some sort of policy change to correct the situation.

This is the sort of thing that has made GW2's community rather infamous, but unfortunately there just isn't a lot you can do about it right now besides help alert Anet to the problem and let them find a way to deal with it. Meanwhile, either run solo or play with another commander.

> @"BobbyT.7192" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> > > >

> > > > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

> > >

> > > Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

> >

> > You guys actually believe that a commander who excludes, then in turn motivates people to conform to the role the commander wants? Sorry but the games moto is play your way, all it does is detract from wvw and players experience in it and it motivates people to quit wvw or not play at all.

>

> _"Play how you want, but that doesn't mean you get to play with me"_.

> The tag is in full control of the commander that owns it, they can make it open or exclusive as they want. That commander is allowed to decide who he lets in whether they be an asset, burden, or who ever.

> And if you think that a commander with the moral high horse and open squad is better, then all the power to you. That doesn't mean others have to care.

>

Yah Im advocating for squads to be fully opened, in open world area's, I hope anet changes their mind on this, as its against the spirit of gw2, which is working together. Not caring about other players you play with is the exact type of reputation gw2 dosen't want, so this would force people to care a bit more which is a good thing.

> > @"BobbyT.7192" said:

> > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> > > > >

> > > > > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

> > > >

> > > > Many other factors have to be considered before determining which commander is better. Including everyone is very nice, but that alone won't make you a good leader.

> > >

> > > You guys actually believe that a commander who excludes, then in turn motivates people to conform to the role the commander wants? Sorry but the games moto is play your way, all it does is detract from wvw and players experience in it and it motivates people to quit wvw or not play at all.

> >

> > _"Play how you want, but that doesn't mean you get to play with me"_.

> > The tag is in full control of the commander that owns it, they can make it open or exclusive as they want. That commander is allowed to decide who he lets in whether they be an asset, burden, or who ever.

> > And if you think that a commander with the moral high horse and open squad is better, then all the power to you. That doesn't mean others have to care.

> >

>

> Yah Im advocating for squads to be fully opened, in open world area's, I hope anet changes their mind on this, as its against the spirit of gw2, which is working together. Not caring about other players you play with is the exact type of reputation gw2 dosen't want, so this would force people to care a bit more which is a good thing.

Playing together doesn’t mean playing in the same squad, and it certainly doesn’t mean we **have** to play together

I miss the point of this thread.

He is commanding that squad, it's his squad. He leads it and he wants it to perform better thus picking classes that perform better in blob fights. Now can you please stop being arrogant child and disregard commanders you don't agree with? Or perhaps earn trust of your server and become a commander yourself? Seriously person.

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

>I mean, what kind of atmosphere and message it sends to you if your fav profession is unwanted?

The message is your class is currently underperforming or really unwanted in big scale fights and perhaps it's the time your roll something else instead if you are to be useful? Would rather get fed with lies instead?

**A 10 Year Old's Complaints about WvW**

"Muuuuum, I want to play with them but they don't let me in their group so I will complain to my other friends and troll them with unnecessary and unreasonable thiiiings!"

For real. Nobody has to play with you. Nobody. And after this thread, I will make sure that I will exclude you out of my squad when I'm leading. Darn trolls man.

> > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Then start your own squad. If you're really as good as you say, people will come to you instead of those commanders, who, according to you, are worse. That way, those bad commanders will have no one to play with and be forced to conform (as you want them to) or play alone.

No need to complain about them. Show them. ;)

> @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > > > > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > > >

> > > > That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > >

> > > Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.

> >

> > Closing people out of squad hurts the community and being a commander and leading vs excluding and leaving someone out of squad with no buffs, it's clear which is the better commander. And complaining is how things change, so I think I'll continue, since that's the point of the forums.

>

> Then start your own squad. If you're really as good as you say, people will come to you instead of those commanders, who, according to you, are worse. That way, those bad commanders will have no one to play with and be forced to conform (as you want them to) or play alone.

> No need to complain about them. Show them. ;)

>

the problem is not me its others that don't incorporate other players or the resources at hand, and instead cherry pick from the community while excluding others. Squads should be forced open in wvw, otherwise dont tag up, they should have made it like this from day one.

> > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Then start your own squad. If you're really as good as you say, people will come to you instead of those commanders, who, according to you, are worse. That way, those bad commanders will have no one to play with and be forced to conform (as you want them to) or play alone.

> > No need to complain about them. Show them. ;)

> >

>

> the problem is not me its others that don't incorporate other players or the resources at hand, and instead cherry pick from the community while excluding others. Squads should be forced open in wvw, otherwise dont tag up, they should have made it like this from day one

If you teach them by example that your way is better, there's no need to force them.

If you insist on forcing them, you give the impression, that you believe your way is actually not better at all. (Except for you)

> > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Then start your own squad. If you're really as good as you say, people will come to you instead of those commanders, who, according to you, are worse. That way, those bad commanders will have no one to play with and be forced to conform (as you want them to) or play alone.

> > No need to complain about them. Show them. ;)

> >

>

> the problem is not me its others that don't incorporate other players or the resources at hand, and instead cherry pick from the community while excluding others. Squads should be forced open in wvw, otherwise dont tag up, they should have made it like this from day one.

You are basically asking the devs to stop others from ever excluding you from anything as it may hurt your feelings or upset you personally while at the same time wanting to be allowed to enforce your presence on others no matter how uncomfortable it makes THEM feel? Sounds pretty selfish and rather wrong to me.

Just play what you want, how you want. You don't need to join a squad to play WvW and therefore their are no restrictions placed on you.

However if you want to be a squad player then sure they can place a restriction on what they want - if you join one and you don't fit the remit, your likely going to get a frosty boot.

WvW is just a numbers game these days so there is no real need to put yourself under those restrictions, just follow your the comm taco and if you feel up to it join a chat channel (discord, teamspeak etc) to know what the comms plans are so you don't fall behind when they port around.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Ofc he is trolling, he's done a few troll threads now, best 1 was that roamers and or gankers are internet bullys from his point of view. He did 1 recently that enemey players that can do emotes are also bullys and offensive. Don't feed him

Precisely.

> Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded.

Really dont know if you are that type of vegan, gay, greenpeace activist but in game.

Same like you dont want for T4 fractals party full of minstrel deadeyes, so you want something other.... or is it discrimination too ? mmmm

I dont care if im squad, dont join any, still running on tag and mostly get invitation, but dont need it.

Squad is important for frontline to get all they need... other can ran solo and doesnt matter, unless they play useless build doing nothing.

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> It's been bugging me for a while now. GW2 is a social game but do commanders have right to tell people which profession should they play?? I'm a semi-casual player though many times I get pretty good in WvW and PvP.

> And in WvW some of the commanders just straightforward tell you that they don't want this and that class. Which I think is unfair because from my point of view is like... I paid for/chose this game and I play as I please. I'd rather look for a different commander than play with someone who tells me which character I should play. I'm "lucky" enough that I have all the professions playable (but 4-5 of them are my mains). What about people who have no such profession?? It sucks!

>

> If a commander wishes to have only certain professions in his/hers squad, he/she should organize a squad from their guild/friends, etc that would go for their rules.

> THIS IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS SOME KIND OF TECHNICAL SOLUTION!!

>

> (Or commanders stop being so picky ;p)

is your decision to follow that commander or to not follow him , but you can;t force commanders to accept everyone in squad

I personaly allowed rangers / thieves / dragonhunters in squad only early morning when we try to cap our towers back /etc

In prime time or when there are fights, i'd rather have less players in squad, from a commander point of view

Rangers /thieves /Dh are good roaming classes , so they shoudn;t join squad anyway , they should roam :)

Commanders also payed for the game, most of them, and they can decide how to organize the squad they lead.

And is not unfair at all , if i go for fractals or dungeons , i will pick a proper class not my minstrel guardian , or i will get kicked

> > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > @"Asltok.4327" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why are people attempting to join a squad in wvw bringing up their ethnicity and religion?

> > > >

> > > > They aren't, he just had to use an outrageous and extreme example to make his point look better.

> > > >

> > > > Here's what it is. If I don't want to play a video game with you, I won't. If I'm a leader of a group, I will reserve my right to pick who I want in my group. If I don't want certain classes, then I'm not taking them. This isn't some kindergarten inclusion zone. It's not my problem you chose to play the game in a way I deem ineffective, and I won't hamper my own time and enjoyment just to cater to you. And if it ever comes to extremes like that? It's still a video game that I use my time and money to enjoy, and if I don't want to play with you for whatever reason, I will make my own group with it's own requirements, because my time is mine alone, and I choose how to spend it.

> > >

> > > I feel like you should only be able to scrutinize if you have a 100% guild squad, as soon as you take in a pug, I don't feel like you should be able to exclude for any reason.

> >

> > You do not have the right to someone else's fun/labor/money/time. In GW2 or in life. The moment you figure that out, you can live a better life and play a better game. Having said that, you could also start your own group and bring whoever YOU want.

>

> The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves if I don't like them. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

You think the commander is a service to provide fun for you? Sry its not. I dont know how many ppl said it above. Play a useful class or tag along. You can not force anyone to let you in the squad. You can not force anyone to do anything. Commanders squad commanders rules. Just as simple.