> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I liked the suggestion to reduce stickies quite a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to implement it. I like the reduction a lot.

I hope you'll consider asking the Knowledge Base curators to also include links to said stickies, e.g. currently the KB searches for the following return "no results"

* [Macro](https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=macro)

* [Multi or Multi-box](https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=multi) (only shows about using >1 GPUs)

* [LFG](https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=lfg&commit=Search)

* [Overlay](https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=overlay&commit=Search)

(You get the idea.)

Some people are likely to check the KB first, rather than the forums for policies.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In [the merged sticky thread,](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13701/important-policies-and-processes-links-inside) you wrote:

> Right now, this is an experiment. If we see continued "What's Anet's policy about..." threads for topics covered in the above threads, or if members ask how to do something that's covered here, then clearly this consolidation thread has not been effective. ;) Let's see how it goes, with an eye to reducing "clutter" in the sticky post section.

I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect a notable reduction in posts about policies nor whether that's the metric that should be used to determine if the experiment succeeds or fails.

First, it's clear that _some_ people still aren't using the _search_ function to find their answers, e.g. even with a post about GWAMM/Scholar Atli on the front page of /discussion and of /bugs, we still saw multiple posts. If folks aren't using search, there's a good chance they aren't stopping to look at stickies either.

Second, one of the values of a merged sticky is that it enables veterans to easily find and direct new forumers to verbatim policies and clarifications from the Froggie's mouth (rather than leaving it to our awkward memories to paraphrase). Merged stickies are much better in this regard for veterans (for the reasons stated by many of us in the feedback above), even if they might be missed by slightly more novices.

Finally, it might not be reasonable to expect few posts about policies. In effect, there are three types of forum posters: those who never notice stickies; those who always do; and those who might or might not see them, depending on how they are laid out or titled. The first two groups form the vast majority of people and will be completely unaffected by how many stickies there are. The final group is diverse: some will see the one title they want in the clutter; some will have eyes that glaze over if there are more than 5 stickies (about the limits of a lot of people to 'see' the trees in the forest); there's no single arrangement of stickies/policies that are going to work for everyone in that group.

In short, I think the people best served by the merged stickies are folks such as yourself and your frequent quoters, not the infrequent posters who might or might not see any stickies in the first place.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I liked the suggestion to reduce stickies quite a lot. Today I created a new thread called [important: Policies and Processes -- Links Inside](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13701 "Important: Policies and Processes -- Links Inside"). Not the snazziest of titles I've ever come up with, but I hope having "important" and "links inside" will catch forum members' eyes and they'll use the thread to find policy and how-to info on a variety of subjects. In the old forum, someone created a huge thread with about 30 links, and I know in my heart of hearts that those threads were never read -- the merging just wasn't effective. I hope this will be better, and look forward to your feedback on it!

>

> > @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

> > Can't we get rid of the majority of the sticky/announcement threads? When I open the GW2 discussion forum I first have to scroll down a page of stickies before I can can go the the active threads. I don't mind a single sticky with the forum rules but this just burdens navigation.

> >

> > Oh, and as any forum veteran can tell you: Making a thread sticky is the best way to get a thread ignored.

> >

> > **Expectation**: Forum admin: Let's make these threads sticky, so that everyone reads them.

> > **Reality**: Forum user: Scrolls down immediately to the active discussions just below the stickies.

>

>

Why not create a new catagory under the General Discussion section that is called 'Stickies' and place all the stickies in there? It would unclutter the General forum, and put make a single location to go for sticky style posts.

I have 3 complaints about the forum.

1. I want preview of the dev messages in the Dev Tracker, like on the old forum.

2. The "latest dev posts" bar really annoys me when it switches automatically while I'm reading something on it. Why not set it on default on the freshest page and let me click the red dots when I want?

3. There's nothing worse than "draft saved" pop up while I was trying to select/click text behind it. And it pops up so often. Can you just make the autosave not cause the pop-up on my editing space?

> @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> I have 3 complaints about the forum.

> 1. I want preview of the dev messages in the Dev Tracker, like on the old forum.

> 2. The "latest dev posts" bar really annoys me when it switches automatically while I'm reading something on it. Why not set it on default on the freshest page and let me click the red dots when I want?

> 3. There's nothing worse than "draft saved" pop up while I was trying to select/click text behind it. And it pops up so often. Can you just make the autosave not cause the pop-up on my editing space?

Re: 2

I've always liked the functionality found on many sites with carousels for pictures or news articles where cursor hovering functions as a 'Pause Rotation' - hovering your cursor over any part of it will disable the scrolling until it is no longer hovered over. It would be nice if that were implemented here as well.

(as the tracker carousel doesn't really work as desired, I tend to just go right to the [Dev Tracker](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussions/tagged/arenanet "Dev Tracker") page from the top navigation bar to see thread topics where devs posted recently.)

> @StinVec.3621 said:

> > @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> > I have 3 complaints about the forum.

> > 1. I want preview of the dev messages in the Dev Tracker, like on the old forum.

> > 2. The "latest dev posts" bar really annoys me when it switches automatically while I'm reading something on it. Why not set it on default on the freshest page and let me click the red dots when I want?

> > 3. There's nothing worse than "draft saved" pop up while I was trying to select/click text behind it. And it pops up so often. Can you just make the autosave not cause the pop-up on my editing space?

>

> Re: 2

> I've always liked the functionality found on many sites with carousels for pictures or news articles where cursor hovering functions as a 'Pause Rotation' - hovering your cursor over any part of it will disable the scrolling until it is no longer hovered over. It would be nice if that were implemented here as well.

> (as the tracker carousel doesn't really work as desired, I tend to just go right to the [Dev Tracker](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussions/tagged/arenanet "Dev Tracker") page from the top navigation bar to see thread topics where devs posted recently.)

If only the Dev Tracker actually showed threads that _Devs_ had recently posted in, instead of showing threads anyone has posted in that included a Dev post, no matter how long ago the Dev posted in it.

> @"Red Owl.5649" said:

> Is there a night/dark option or any plans for it?

There isn't one and no plans for one:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/225456#Comment_225456

>About "Night Mode: " From what I understand, we have so much customization and so many individually-created design elements on this forum that adding a night mode is not feasible. I do know that others also have requested such an option, but with regret, it will not be something that we can offer now or in the future.

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > @"Red Owl.5649" said:

> > Is there a night/dark option or any plans for it?

>

> There isn't one and no plans for one:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/225456#Comment_225456

> >About "Night Mode: " From what I understand, we have so much customization and so many individually-created design elements on this forum that adding a night mode is not feasible. I do know that others also have requested such an option, but with regret, it will not be something that we can offer now or in the future.

Sad.

Thanks for the quote/link tho @"JustTrogdor.7892"

I am generally enjoying the new forums, particularly the poll addition until dragon minions corrupt it.

I am, however, unsure as to why my privileges to edit suddenly vanished. Iunno if that's new policy or a bug. Makes sense for non-repudiation, but kinda annoying to have to stare a typo in the face for eternity as soon as you press "post".

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> I am generally enjoying the new forums, particularly the poll addition until dragon minions corrupt it.

>

> I am, however, unsure as to why my privileges to edit suddenly vanished. Iunno if that's new policy or a bug. Makes sense for non-repudiation, but kinda annoying to have to stare a typo in the face for eternity as soon as you press "post".

There is a forum bug where signatures seem to be blocking the edit function for some people. Try disabling signatures in your profile settings to see if that works.

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > I am generally enjoying the new forums, particularly the poll addition until dragon minions corrupt it.

> >

> > I am, however, unsure as to why my privileges to edit suddenly vanished. Iunno if that's new policy or a bug. Makes sense for non-repudiation, but kinda annoying to have to stare a typo in the face for eternity as soon as you press "post".

>

> There is a forum bug where signatures seem to be blocking the edit function. Try disabling signatures in your profile settings to see if that works.

Will give that a shot, ty

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> I just discovered another issue with these new forums: When the moderators merge Discussions, the Discussion that got merged is like it never existed. I've had 2 discussions merged and now I can't find them. They don't show up in my list of discussions.

Check your comments section. If it isn't there it's because your post weren't merged but rather deleted.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> There is no notification option to get notifications if someone quotes and responds to a comment you made in a discussion? Only to receive notifications 'every' time someone responds to a discussion you participated in, even if no one responded to you?

In addition to adding this notification option, I'd also like it if they would have Vanilla fix the quoting so it applies the quotes around the @"name.1234" instead of the close quote ending before the period, which currently results in @"name".1234. This way you actually _do_ get notified when you are quoted instead of only when someone manually fixes it to be the whole @"name.1234".

edit:

* Bugs: Game, Forum, Website > [[Gaile Please...] Quoting issue 2, full breakdown.](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2315/gaile-please-quoting-issue-2-full-breakdown "[Gaile Please...] Quoting issue 2, full breakdown.") by @"DakotaCoty.5721" (a thread Gaile has already responded on thanking them and saying she passed the info along)

I want to add a comment on the mobile version. I really like it as it is small, fast a way better than the old forum. There is just one thing I dislike entirely on the mobile version. Dev post are so hard to spot. Why couldn't they have the same red marking as in the normal version? Even a tiny bit of red would already help to enhance visibility against the other forum posts.

> @Thoom.9653 said:

> The old forums had a great feature where there were arrows to navigate between ArenaNet posts in a thread. Any chance of that making a comeback?

Any response? A MOST useful idea. I really only come here to hear about Anet responses.

BTW, searching for 'Thoom.9653' yielded no results when I set to search for a YEAR from today. So I have no way of knowing of any response to his post. (or even finding it again)

> @keenedge.9675 said:

> > @Thoom.9653 said:

> > The old forums had a great feature where there were arrows to navigate between ArenaNet posts in a thread. Any chance of that making a comeback?

>

> Any response? A MOST useful idea. I really only come here to hear about Anet responses.

>

> BTW, searching for 'Thoom.9653' yielded no results when I set to search for a YEAR from today. So I have no way of knowing of any response to his post. (or even finding it again)

I JUST discovered if you mouse-over the 'ArenaNet >' part of the red tag, then the option to do what was suggested is active.