Epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Confusion: This condition has been reworked and will now inflict more damage to nonplayer enemies than players instead of being split between game modes.

> Great epi got an indirect buff, just what we need.

Yeah, and Ele got nerfed. I'm so happy.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kam.4092" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > Confusion: This condition has been reworked and will now inflict more damage to nonplayer enemies than players instead of being split between game modes.

> > Great epi got an indirect buff, just what we need.

>

> Yeah, and Ele got nerfed. I'm so happy.

Just shows that Anet cant do balance

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > Confusion: This condition has been reworked and will now inflict more damage to nonplayer enemies than players instead of being split between game modes.

> > > Great epi got an indirect buff, just what we need.

> >

> > Yeah, and Ele got nerfed. I'm so happy.

> Just shows that Anet cant do balance

Yeah, I just laugh at it. It's funny how they balance.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> Interrupting meteor shower is now a dps increase. Anet balance team is just the best. Deadeye also got nerfed in pve.

We need to pat them on the back still, because they try hard right?

> > @"Kam.4092" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > Confusion: This condition has been reworked and will now inflict more damage to nonplayer enemies than players instead of being split between game modes.

> > > Great epi got an indirect buff, just what we need.

> >

> > Yeah, and Ele got nerfed. I'm so happy.

> Just shows that Anet cant do balance

Sigh...... They don't see thru inside the game health

what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

>

> To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

The problem is. It only gets good if you stack necros.

Taking away epi will make scourge a supporty class. That has a barrier every 20 seconds and that's it. That's the support it does (scourge)

Nobody will take necro with them for that one barrier.

And reaper would be out of raids as well.

That's like playing heal ele without water attunement.

And cnecro didn't rlly get more. It's just one extra cast of blood is power for each fight. One extra cast for a whole of 28-32k total dmg. If you manage to transfer those conditions. Else it's only 18k (without any buffs)

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

> >

> > To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

>

> The problem is. It only gets good if you stack necros.

>

> Taking away epi will make scourge a supporty class. That has a barrier every 20 seconds and that's it. That's the support it does (scourge)

> Nobody will take necro with them for that one barrier.

> And reaper would be out of raids as well.

>

> That's like playing heal ele without water attunement.

>

> And cnecro didn't rlly get more. It's just one extra cast of blood is power for each fight. One extra cast for a whole of 28-32k total dmg. If you manage to transfer those conditions. Else it's only 18k (without any buffs)

The problem is, you could already outperform weavers with epi bouncing on certain encounters and be close in others.

Weavers just lost about 8k dps while epi bouncing remained more or less the same. See where I'm going with this?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > > what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

> > >

> > > To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

> >

> > The problem is. It only gets good if you stack necros.

> >

> > Taking away epi will make scourge a supporty class. That has a barrier every 20 seconds and that's it. That's the support it does (scourge)

> > Nobody will take necro with them for that one barrier.

> > And reaper would be out of raids as well.

> >

> > That's like playing heal ele without water attunement.

> >

> > And cnecro didn't rlly get more. It's just one extra cast of blood is power for each fight. One extra cast for a whole of 28-32k total dmg. If you manage to transfer those conditions. Else it's only 18k (without any buffs)

>

> The problem is, you could already outperform weavers with epi bouncing on certain encounters and be close in others.

> Weavers just lost about 8k dps while epi bouncing remained more or less the same. See where I'm going with this?

But _why_ do Weavers **have** to be TOP DPS in the first place .... pretty much since introduction now? Why can't Weavers or actually the whole class Elementalist be far more of an adaptation to the encounter kind of class. A raiding party is in need of healing, the Weaver/Ele adjusts by switching to water and be helpful there. We need CC: Earth and Air are the elements to attune to, AoE damage needed: Fire! Now, Ele's are defined by how they choose their VERY specific role before the fight commences, and should not even touch the other elements ... That's just completely bad design in the first place! But I understand why ... it's because they simply **ARE** the TOP-dps, it's because they simply **ARE** the best capable healers in the game ... etc. It's broken as hell! So I actually like what ANet is _slowly_ doing, nerf the top-numbers (and pls, keep it coming, cause this is still not enough!), so Ele's can fit more to the role that imo _should_ be their role in the first place: A jack of all trades .... an ELEMENTALIST!

Also, what if you've never heard of GW2 before and you want to start playing it (PvE), would you directly think by just seeing the names of the professions that the Elementalist would be your absolute (BY FAR) #1 damage dealer? (AND #1 healer for that matter)??? I wouldn't! Just a simple question, would you not think that should belong more to a thief playstyle: high risk, high reward? Or that of a dark class: I bleed myself, so I can do insane damage to my opponents?

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > > > what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

> > >

> > > The problem is. It only gets good if you stack necros.

> > >

> > > Taking away epi will make scourge a supporty class. That has a barrier every 20 seconds and that's it. That's the support it does (scourge)

> > > Nobody will take necro with them for that one barrier.

> > > And reaper would be out of raids as well.

> > >

> > > That's like playing heal ele without water attunement.

> > >

> > > And cnecro didn't rlly get more. It's just one extra cast of blood is power for each fight. One extra cast for a whole of 28-32k total dmg. If you manage to transfer those conditions. Else it's only 18k (without any buffs)

> >

> > The problem is, you could already outperform weavers with epi bouncing on certain encounters and be close in others.

> > Weavers just lost about 8k dps while epi bouncing remained more or less the same. See where I'm going with this?

>

> But _why_ do Weavers **have** to be TOP DPS in the first place .... pretty much since introduction now? Why can't Weavers or actually the whole class Elementalist be far more of an adaptation to the encounter kind of class. A raiding party is in need of healing, the Weaver/Ele adjusts by switching to water and be helpful there. We need CC: Earth and Air are the elements to attune to, AoE damage needed: Fire! Now, Ele's are defined by how they choose their VERY specific role before the fight commences, and should not even touch the other elements ... That's just completely bad design in the first place! But I understand why ... it's because they simply **ARE** the TOP-dps, it's because they simply **ARE** the best capable healers in the game ... etc. It's broken as hell! So I actually like what ANet is _slowly_ doing, nerf the top-numbers (and pls, keep it coming, cause this is still not enough!), so Ele's can fit more to the role that imo _should_ be their role in the first place: A jack of all trades .... an ELEMENTALIST!

>

> Also, what if you've never heard of GW2 before and you want to start playing it (PvE), would you directly think by just seeing the names of the professions that the Elementalist would be your absolute (BY FAR) #1 damage dealer? (AND #1 healer for that matter)??? I wouldn't! Just a simple question, would you not think that should belong more to a thief playstyle: high risk, high reward? Or that of a dark class: I bleed myself, so I can do insane damage to my opponents?

Weaver has absolutely nothing to offer beside damage in PvE. And yeah, I'd think the most fragile class is the top damage dealer.

> @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > > > what amuses me the most if why are they reworking all the classes that have less priority. a major overhaul of (especially power) necromancer is the most needed thing right now (along with power ranger and few tweaks for power revenant), meanwhile they reworked chrono (which is nice, it's gotten a good power build - but chrono was already in a strong place), warrior (which is nice, it has now a good variety of power builds - but it was already in a strong place) and now the deadeye changes that are kinda unimportant. how much longer do we have to wait for the necessary overhauls and not just the optional ones?

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, Deadeye was useless while Scourge was already optimal on many places. Which just got more. Power reaper should be addressed, but gut epi first, plskthxbye.

> > >

> > > The problem is. It only gets good if you stack necros.

> > >

> > > Taking away epi will make scourge a supporty class. That has a barrier every 20 seconds and that's it. That's the support it does (scourge)

> > > Nobody will take necro with them for that one barrier.

> > > And reaper would be out of raids as well.

> > >

> > > That's like playing heal ele without water attunement.

> > >

> > > And cnecro didn't rlly get more. It's just one extra cast of blood is power for each fight. One extra cast for a whole of 28-32k total dmg. If you manage to transfer those conditions. Else it's only 18k (without any buffs)

> >

> > The problem is, you could already outperform weavers with epi bouncing on certain encounters and be close in others.

> > Weavers just lost about 8k dps while epi bouncing remained more or less the same. See where I'm going with this?

>

> But _why_ do Weavers **have** to be TOP DPS in the first place .... pretty much since introduction now? Why can't Weavers or actually the whole class Elementalist be far more of an adaptation to the encounter kind of class. A raiding party is in need of healing, the Weaver/Ele adjusts by switching to water and be helpful there. We need CC: Earth and Air are the elements to attune to, AoE damage needed: Fire! Now, Ele's are defined by how they choose their VERY specific role before the fight commences, and should not even touch the other elements ... That's just completely bad design in the first place! But I understand why ... it's because they simply **ARE** the TOP-dps, it's because they simply **ARE** the best capable healers in the game ... etc. It's broken as hell! So I actually like what ANet is _slowly_ doing, nerf the top-numbers (and pls, keep it coming, cause this is still not enough!), so Ele's can fit more to the role that imo _should_ be their role in the first place: A jack of all trades .... an ELEMENTALIST!

>

> Also, what if you've never heard of GW2 before and you want to start playing it (PvE), would you directly think by just seeing the names of the professions that the Elementalist would be your absolute (BY FAR) #1 damage dealer? (AND #1 healer for that matter)??? I wouldn't! Just a simple question, would you not think that should belong more to a thief playstyle: high risk, high reward? Or that of a dark class: I bleed myself, so I can do insane damage to my opponents?

Ele isnt high risk high reward? Are you playing gw2, or ele? And scourge with the huge healthpool for a light class plus shroud plus barriers, has to be top dps somehow because... It bleeds itself? This isnt some kind of crappy anime where the protagonist bleeds himself and goes super sayian, mate. Scourge is just bashing your head on a keyboard, has higher survivability than heavy classes, has epidemic which is absolutely broken when 2+ scourges are together. Reaper is dead, power necro is dead, scourge condi reigns. Also, 2 wrongs dont make ANY right. the fact that powernec isnt existing, doesnt mean that powerele should get heavily nerfed, as well. Necro is in dire need of an overhaul. Also, if ele bothers you, how about mesmer class? Top dps top utilities top tank good heals. And that is ok, somehow?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> epidemic which is absolutely broken when 2+ scourges are together

you know that one of them has to epi out right? the scourge that epis out from the boss does not have that "absolutely broken" boss DPS, he is even lacking some which he sacrificed to enable the other scourges to do "absolutely broken" DPS. If you stack weavers, all of them do broken DPS without a care or sacrifice for their mates. I love how this whole epi discussion always seems to ignore that fact. I am with you on the necro overhaul though. This one should definitely be next.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> And no. Ele isn't much more risk than other classes in raids. The only risk taking an ele with your group, is that this guy doesn't find his dmg spells. And sux at the game.

> But that can happen with other classes as well.

In the same way a Porsche and a Volkswagen are both cars. You have *much* more potential to fuck up with ele.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > And no. Ele isn't much more risk than other classes in raids. The only risk taking an ele with your group, is that this guy doesn't find his dmg spells. And sux at the game.

> > But that can happen with other classes as well.

>

> In the same way a Porsche and a Volkswagen are both cars. You have *much* more potential to kitten up with ele.

That's more to do with power vs condi does it not?

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > And no. Ele isn't much more risk than other classes in raids. The only risk taking an ele with your group, is that this guy doesn't find his dmg spells. And sux at the game.

> > > But that can happen with other classes as well.

> >

> > In the same way a Porsche and a Volkswagen are both cars. You have *much* more potential to kitten up with ele.

>

> That's more to do with power vs condi does it not?

No. There are simple to play condi specs and there are complex ones. Similarly there are simple and complex power specs.

Which do you consider to be simple and complex? Additionally, since messing up the timing of an epi result in a large dps loss (especially since if your epi target dies before the orbs reaches their new targets, no condis will be transfered) how easy does that make epi bouncing?

> @"Knox.8962" said:

> Super odd that Epi wasn't brokenly OP a year ago. Condi reaper and condi scourge do almost the same golem DPS.... what's different now that made epi suddenly a crisis situation.

>

> What could it be? /s

Epi had always been OP. Proof of this is the fact that Anet killed it in wvw.

> @"Knox.8962" said:

> Super odd that Epi wasn't brokenly OP a year ago. Condi reaper and condi scourge do almost the same golem DPS.... what's different now that made epi suddenly a crisis situation.

>

> What could it be? /s

Condi Reaper damage was 95% massive Bleeding stacks during the Jagged Horror era. The 6 minute mark on any boss at the time was when you got enough horrors up that the Bleed ticks were hitting 40k per tick assuming your healer had kept them all alive. Stacking Condi Reaper back then would have been vastly ineffective compared to stacking Scourges nowadays.