Dervish outfit and scythe (a huge thanks)

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

> >

> > Actually, when you move it real fast in the preview window, you see a total of 5 (?) faces. The Gods?

>

> The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

There's only 2 of the gods' faces, Grenth and Dwayna, sadly. Would've been even awesome if they added all 6 of the gods.

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

> > >

> > > Actually, when you move it real fast in the preview window, you see a total of 5 (?) faces. The Gods?

> >

> > The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

>

> There's only 2 of the gods' faces, Grenth and Dwayna, sadly. Would've been even awesome if they added all 6 of the gods.

Yeah, I realized this morning that the third face I thought I saw was just a blur between the two faces that happened to look vaguely humanoid-shaped. It's still a neat effect, even if we only get two of the gods.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, when you move it real fast in the preview window, you see a total of 5 (?) faces. The Gods?

> > >

> > > The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

> >

> > There's only 2 of the gods' faces, Grenth and Dwayna, sadly. Would've been even awesome if they added all 6 of the gods.

>

> Yeah, I realized this morning that the third face I thought I saw was just a blur between the two faces that happened to look vaguely humanoid-shaped. It's still a neat effect, even if we only get two of the gods.

Yeah, I didn't even see the effect until I read your comment and someone else's in this thread. I was like ''_ooohhh... a wind effect, that's cool.._'' but then after I read here I re-logged in and spinned around and around and saw Grenth and Dwayna's faces, :lol:

> @"Firebird Gomer.9563" said:

> They could have put the skin on a Hammer not a staff

Ugh. No. Every single melee Hammer spec is awful, whereas Daredevil/Staff (in the pic above) and Revenant/Staff ("hitting stick" staff modes(1)) aren't.

(1) All other Staff users use them as over-sized magic wands, while Daredevil is the definitive melee "hit me with your rhythm stick" kind of staff user, and Revenant does at least use it to hit people.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Firebird Gomer.9563" said:

> > They could have put the skin on a Hammer not a staff

>

> Ugh. No. Every single melee Hammer spec is awful, whereas Daredevil/Staff (in the pic above) and Revenant/Staff ("hitting stick" staff modes(1)) aren't.

I hate both daredevil and revenant staff animations, together with pathetic bug with daredevil hitting with scythe staves backwards.

> @"Firebird Gomer.9563" said:

> They could have put the skin on a Hammer not a staff

Well, to be fair, there _are_ professions that use it as a martial weapon and not as a magic casting tool. ;) Like the Thief, that makes most sense to be "disguised" as a Dervish.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> love this outfit, i love the detail of the fabric on the hood... i wish more armours were detailed like this one... and the dyes make it looks so much cooler.

You are aware that the argument was already made about the scarab skeleton part of the outfit? It stretches in an awful manner when in combat pose. In GW1 it was seperated from the rest of the armor and thus did not stretch in that awkward way.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > love this outfit, i love the detail of the fabric on the hood... i wish more armours were detailed like this one... and the dyes make it looks so much cooler.

>

> You are aware that the argument was already made about the scarab skeleton part of the outfit? It stretches in an awful manner when in combat pose. In GW1 it was seperated from the rest of the armor and thus did not stretch in that awkward way.

Or maybe in 250+ years they decided to change up their clothing?

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > love this outfit, i love the detail of the fabric on the hood... i wish more armours were detailed like this one... and the dyes make it looks so much cooler.

> >

> > You are aware that the argument was already made about the scarab skeleton part of the outfit? It stretches in an awful manner when in combat pose. In GW1 it was seperated from the rest of the armor and thus did not stretch in that awkward way.

>

> Or maybe in 250+ years they decided to change up their clothing?

Sure. 'Cause bone carcasses that stretch by 200+ % like rubber were a thing in the Dervishes' last days that hadn't been 250 years prior.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > Yeah it looks really good. I got it asap.

> No one is gonna point out that the bones are literally stuck and are stretching with the cloths of this outfit while moving instead of acting independently like they actually did on the original armor in GW1?

> Not only does it look awful in comparison, it looks unnatural and weird. Nostalgia is fun, but they butchered it with this one. When they're doing the boring choice of making it an outfit instead of actual armor skins, they could at least pay attention to the details when porting over skins like this.

I gave up on that dream long ago, I judge them by their standards today and sadly this is good for what they do. x.x