Quiver needed

So ...i think is it problem like "You can obtain it eventually, BUT untill you obtain quiver skin, you look pretty suck" xD

What about quiver as an inseparable "item" for a bows? Hideable, with "noob" skin ..and possible transmutation to rarer skin?

Is not it a good solution?

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > Dont all quiver skins require Ascended crafting?

>

> You can make this at the Mystic Forge, even if you're not a crafter. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_a_Thousand_Arrows

Whoa! I had no idea that was a thing.

And checking the wiki there seems to be other versions you can make in the mystic forge with different stats. They all use the basic "Quiver" skin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > Yes!

> >

> > It's rather bizarre that Rangers (at the very least) do not get quivers even as an option upon character creation -engineers get the choice that nifty backpack skin.

> >

> > Quivers could be introduced as skins either via the store or in the game world in so many different ways.

> >

> > I loved LOTRO outfitters so much for this type of thinking behind their game design for players.

>

> Did you ignore the rest of the thread? This chap below listed pretty much all the current quivers in game.

None of that changes the fact that it actually DOES seem odd that Rangers don't get the option for a quiver-style back item on character creation, and as pointed out with Engineer there is precedent for it, but yes there are several quivers available to obtain.

OK, while I appreciate the helpful replies - I think some folks are missing the point here. Quivers as a back item or even just a basic skin are ridiculously out of reach for an item that should have been there (somewhere!) at level one especially for the Ranger Profession.

I looked at the Mystic Forge "recipes" -yikes, no thank you! Sorry, there's a reason why I only have Ascended gear you can buy with Laurels, _homie don't play that game._

More power to you if **you** do, but why ANet decided to hide a simple aesthetic behind such high level barriers is beyond me.

> @"Elva.6372" said:

> Quivers as a back item or even just a basic skin are ridiculously out of reach for an item that should have been there (somewhere!) at level one especially for the Ranger Profession.

Expensive? Maybe. But they aren't "ridiculously out of reach". They are 50-60gold, which is relatively low for an optional skin with a special feature. (e.g. having Wings costs 120-150 gold or more)

"Should have been there at level one"

On what basis are you making that claim? Bows in GW2 don't use conventional arrows, so neither Rangers nor warriors nor thieves nor Dragonhunters 'need' a quiver. To be sure, it's a common RPG trope, so it's somewhat unusual that GW2 doesn't require them. But there's no "should" in design choices.

> I looked at the Mystic Forge "recipes" -yikes, no thank you! Sorry, there's a reason why I only have Ascended gear you can buy with Laurels, _homie don't play that game._

I'm confused. Why not spend a minor amount of effort to achieve your preferred look? The alternative is to wait and wait and wait for ANet to change a design decision made 7-8 years ago (i.e. well before GW2 launched).

> why ANet decided to hide a simple aesthetic behind such high level barriers is beyond me.

Probably because they didn't consider it all that important. Or perhaps it turned out to be a lot more expensive to design a quiver that would disappear if you didn't have a bow equipped, work with existing back items, work with existing armor, and be adaptable for the evolving needs of the game.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Expensive? Maybe. But they aren't "ridiculously out of reach".

For such a simple thing, yes!

> "Should have been there at level one"

Really more a matter of design inconsistency as usual on ANet's part -is what my remark was about.

> I'm confused. Why not spend a minor amount of effort to achieve your preferred look? The alternative is to wait and wait and wait for ANet to change a design decision made 7-8 years ago (i.e. well before GW2 launched).

Because I don't craft and I'd buy the skin off the Gem Store before I'd choose to accumulate all the mats to make an item that probably has stats I wouldn't want to actually , etc.

> Probably because they didn't consider it all that important.

Yeah, that's kinda the whole point in these discussions, ya know? ANet doesn't think it important enough -until it maybe at some time they do.

_And just what do you think might make them begin to think something just might...maybe be at least somewhat important?_

> @"Elva.6372" said:

>

> Because I don't craft and I'd buy the skin off the Gem Store before I'd choose to accumulate all the mats to make an item that probably has stats I wouldn't want to actually , etc.

All these references to crafting - none of the components need to be crafted!

As for stats, there are 5 options:

* Soldier (Bowyer's Delight)

* Rabid (Endless Quiver)

* Berserker (Quiver of Swift Flight)

* Cavalier (Sights Be True)

* **Selectable (Quiver of a Thousand Arrows)**

*Quiver of a Thousand Arrows* has a pretty wide selection of stats available, I believe you can find something useable.

Total cost: ~60 Gold, 24 Spirit Shards, 30 Fractal Relics (or pretty likely you already have a *Vial of Condensed Mists Essence* in your material storage if you've dipped your toes into fractals anything)

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Elva.6372" said:

> >

> > Because I don't craft and I'd buy the skin off the Gem Store before I'd choose to accumulate all the mats to make an item that probably has stats I wouldn't want to actually , etc.

>

> All these references to crafting - none of the components need to be crafted!

> As for stats, there are 5 options:

> * Soldier (Bowyer's Delight)

> * Rabid (Endless Quiver)

> * Berserker (Quiver of Swift Flight)

> * Cavalier (Sights Be True)

> * **Selectable (Quiver of a Thousand Arrows)**

>

> *Quiver of a Thousand Arrows* has a pretty wide selection of stats available, I believe you can find something useable.

> Total cost: ~60 Gold, 24 Spirit Shards, 30 Fractal Relics (or pretty likely you already have a *Vial of Condensed Mists Essence* in your material storage if you've dipped your toes into fractals anything)

Thanks Tanner, I'm not trying to be ornery about it, it is just an item that is a staple in so many other games I thought I should have run into fairly early on in the game when I started out a leather-worker, etc. Instead, we get the crafter's back packs...which don't really suit my characters.

Starting today I began leveling up my crafters that I have spread out on my 14 characters, but I will look at seeing if I have the mats, my level 80 core Ranger would like a quiver, my Druid is staff and GS -so no need.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > > Yes!

> > >

> > > It's rather bizarre that Rangers (at the very least) do not get quivers even as an option upon character creation -engineers get the choice that nifty backpack skin.

> > >

> > > Quivers could be introduced as skins either via the store or in the game world in so many different ways.

> > >

> > > I loved LOTRO outfitters so much for this type of thinking behind their game design for players.

> >

> > Did you ignore the rest of the thread? This chap below listed pretty much all the current quivers in game.

>

> None of that changes the fact that it actually DOES seem odd that Rangers don't get the option for a quiver-style back item on character creation, and as pointed out with Engineer there is precedent for it, but yes there are several quivers available to obtain.

This is the logical explanation:

Every engineer uses a toolkit which the back item represents (I guess). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Engineering_kit

However, even though the LB is the first weapon you are given as a ranger, it is completely optional going forward.

Therefore quivers are less relevant than backpacks.

Obviously this is debatable and not the "official" definition.

> @"zalt.8937" said:

> We need scabbards

This would be great, so far only Belinda greatsword have a scabbard when its sheathed, reason why is one of my favorite weapons on the game...but on topic, guess would be cool having a stantard basic model that shows up whatever the players is using a Longbow or Shortbow. Making the player to craft some item worth of 50 gold + or spend money on gem store for a just a quiver is a little to much I guess.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"zalt.8937" said:

> > We need scabbards

>

> This would be great, so far only Belinda greatsword have a scabbard when its sheathed, reason why is one of my favorite weapons on the game...but on topic, guess would be cool having a stantard basic model that shows up whatever the players is using a Longbow or Shortbow. Making the player to craft some item worth of 50 gold + or spend money on gem store for a just a quiver is a little to much I guess.

This game threw about 10 gold worth of stuff at me tonight just for logging in, gathering in my home instance and doing dailies.

50 gold for a good back piece is nothing.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"zalt.8937" said:

> > > We need scabbards

> >

> > This would be great, so far only Belinda greatsword have a scabbard when its sheathed, reason why is one of my favorite weapons on the game...but on topic, guess would be cool having a stantard basic model that shows up whatever the players is using a Longbow or Shortbow. Making the player to craft some item worth of 50 gold + or spend money on gem store for a just a quiver is a little to much I guess.

>

> This game threw about 10 gold worth of stuff at me tonight just for logging in, gathering in my home instance and doing dailies.

> 50 gold for a good back piece is nothing.

Nice to hear that you dont have any dificulties getting gold, but thats your experience on the game...and again, I was saying about just about a basic skin, nothing flashy or anything, is just a quiver lol(before anyone start assuming anything, i own all quivers with the exception of the Dread quiver)

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"zalt.8937" said:

> > > > We need scabbards

> > >

> > > This would be great, so far only Belinda greatsword have a scabbard when its sheathed, reason why is one of my favorite weapons on the game...but on topic, guess would be cool having a stantard basic model that shows up whatever the players is using a Longbow or Shortbow. Making the player to craft some item worth of 50 gold + or spend money on gem store for a just a quiver is a little to much I guess.

> >

> > This game threw about 10 gold worth of stuff at me tonight just for logging in, gathering in my home instance and doing dailies.

> > 50 gold for a good back piece is nothing.

>

> Nice to hear that you dont have any dificulties getting gold, but thats your experience on the game...and again, I was saying about just about a basic skin, nothing flashy or anything, is just a quiver lol(before anyone start assuming anything, i own all quivers with the exception of the Dread quiver)

That around 10gold is for every1 ^^ just do those same things daily