Playing GW2? What are you listening to...

I listen to game music and sound effects in every game I play. It cues me in to what's happening in the game.

Though during RP in LA after its ruin, mourning a dead guildie (in character dead, not RL), I happened to put on Wagner's Siegfried's Funeral Music and it fit beautifully. Normally however, only game sounds.

In the past I would typically put my music collection on shuffle. Some electronic stuff, other game soundtracks, sone Two Steps From Hell, and lots and lots of sweet glorious metal. Nowadays though I tend to have on whatever's in my Youtube sub feed for the day, followed by wherever I happen to wander after all that's done. Usually deeper into Youtube, sometimes back to my music. Unless I'm recording; then I have nothing else playing.

> @"Ashabhi.1365" said:

> Absolutely nothing... I am almost completely deaf. B)

I am very sorry to see you say this. Nearly my entire family struggles with accelerated hearing loss and near-total deafness, which is primarily why I have all styles of music playing all day and also all night while I sleep, to enjoy it while I can. However, I take the sunglasses guy you included to mean that you don't let it get you down, that you are 'cool' with it. For what it's worth, I give you a massive, though virtual high five for having this strength in you.

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"Ashabhi.1365" said:

> > Absolutely nothing... I am almost completely deaf. B)

>

> I am very sorry to see you say this. Nearly my entire family struggles with accelerated hearing loss and near-total deafness, which is primarily why I have all styles of music playing all day and also all night while I sleep, to enjoy it while I can. However, I take the sunglasses guy you included to mean that you don't let it get you down, that you are 'cool' with it. For what it's worth, I give you a massive, though virtual high five for having this strength in you.

Thank you so much... I lost my hearing at an age where I got to hear all the great music from the 60's through the 80's, and some early 90's. I carry those memories with me. ^5 to you too!

As a original console/PC gamer from the beginning of the 90ies without internet connections it was quite normal to just listen to the in-game music. On 90ies PC it was like either you listen to the in game music or nothing at all - well there was the option to just run an audio CD in the CD ROM but usually you listened to the in game music. I am also an avid listener to classical game music from Zelda, Super Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Sonic the Hedgehog etc. I grew up with it and I couldn't even imagine how it is to miss out this iconic music from those games. It is a big part of a game and so for many others. But somehow, especially in the MMO, MOBA and shooter scene, many rather younger players tend to play absolutely horrible defunct non-music during their streams - it's beyond belief.

Very rarely, after listening to the same music in GW2 for the 1000th time, I listen to some other stuff. Mainly heavy metal, alternative rock, drum n bass and other electro music.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> As a original console/PC gamer from the beginning of the 90ies without internet connections it was quite normal to just listen to the in-game music. On 90ies PC it was like either you listen to the in game music or nothing at all - well there was the option to just run an audio CD in the CD ROM but usually you listened to the in game music. I am also an avid listener to classical game music from Zelda, Super Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Sonic the Hedgehog etc. I grew up with it and I couldn't even imagine how it is to miss out this iconic music from those games. It is a big part of a game and so for many others. But somehow, especially in the MMO, MOBA and shooter scene, many rather younger players tend to play absolutely horrible defunct non-music during their streams - it's beyond belief.

>

> Very rarely, after listening to the same music in GW2 for the 1000th time, I listen to some other stuff. Mainly heavy metal, alternative rock, drum n bass and other electro music.

Or blasting 2 live crew and de la soul through your casette deck.

EDM/ Electronica (cause not everything is dance music) 24/7

That Melting Point @ the Ozora festival video clip above sounds retro 1990's but its labeled 2017? :O

@ 23:17 - 30mins in. Okay i was gunna say for a short bit they were doing this but the whole video kinda seems this way... seriously do DJ's nowadays play their MP3's and just sit back and dance to their own music, knob turning occasionally, checking the screen to make sure its the song they made a month ago pretending to do something and do they call that DJ'ing? WTF LMAO.

IDK, this is more my idea of DJ'ing not saying its great, but its fun to watch :)

and yes i'll listen to badboy's oldskool "Bangin the Box" series while playing from time to time :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqf5lGvHYA

RIP Viynl :D