PIPS for EOTM

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> I honestly liked the megaserver EoTM when it was getting play. You could always get fights with different stuff other than the matchup you were in(really easy fights tho). With the alliance stuff coming out tho you'll prob always get action in WvW if it works right so we don't even need EoTM anymore after that i guess so you can delete it. :)

EoTM was fun at times when there were massive zergs... unbalanced but fun nevertheless.

As far as I remember, EoTM was _'originally designed as a means for testing new WvW features'_... not that it ever got that kind of use but it's still a map for those to continue gaining reward track participation who are stuck in WvW queue. I doubt ANet would merely _delete_ it as such due to the following:

* Unique achievements tied to the map

* Winning a round of EoTM grants a supply drop to your home BL spawn

* Map for when WvW has large queues

* Reward track progress (see above point regarding queues)

WvW needs to retain players, not bleed them out again. It's a hard call... and not worth the devs spending time on it.. maybe chuck the dog a bone and give EoTM a unique skin in a reward track to keep some players happy?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be good, if EotM becomes PIPS when the Alliance System goes live. Alliances will not like PIP-Farmer, and there will be enough wvw-player to build 3 or 6 alliances, so no one has to be forced into WvW that prefers to be somewhere else.

I don't see why they can't add eotm achievememts and the special objectives that go along with the achievements to wvw then delete eotm.

Some similarities are already there. A "special objective" is nothing more than a Ruin guarded by a champion and the generator things are equivalent to shrines. So, cut ruins down to 3 per bl and stick a champ at each, cap all 3 and you get bloodlust. Add shrines to each bl and have it spawn generators and supply stacks when capped, then remove the home bl eotm supply stack. The 3 events from eotm tied to the special objectives could be added to ebgs 3 pve events and the 3 jump bucket towers could be inserted in the middle of each bl. The bridges could be an interesting modification as well allowing access that can be denied or granted to key parts of each map while retaining the achievement for destroying or building them.

Its alot of work, but with a merge system, you retain the achievements,, players aren't split between modes, it contributes to warscore and eotmisters get their pips.

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> I think it would be good, if EotM becomes PIPS when the Alliance System goes live. Alliances will not like PIP-Farmer, and there will be enough wvw-player to build 3 or 6 alliances, so no one has to be forced into WvW that prefers to be somewhere else.

And you are 'forced' now?

Why is someone 'forced' to get a 'voluntary' piece of equipment?

Required for completion, yes. Forced? Lol.

EotM only exists as a response to having long queue times for WvW. It was designed to give players a WvW like experience while waiting in queue for WvW. If you were playing the first WvW tournament you may have seen 100, sometimes even over 200 person queues on maps during reset night. It was fun taking a small guild group in there to bust blobs but I wouldn't call it competitive. It soon just became all three sides running in circles PvDooring for karma and champ bags.

> @"Crius.5487" said:

> EotM only exists as a response to having long queue times for WvW. It was designed to give players a WvW like experience while waiting in queue for WvW. If you were playing the first WvW tournament you may have seen 100, sometimes even over 200 person queues on maps during reset night. It was fun taking a small guild group in there to bust blobs but I wouldn't call it competitive. It soon just became all three sides running in circles PvDooring for karma and champ bags.

and that is part of the reason wvw collapsed and links were made..... but I like the eotm map, maybe replace desert bl with eotm map :p =)

Yeah... NUH

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

>

> How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

> @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> >

> > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

>

> Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

>

> I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

Posted this once before but here we go again.....

No. This is why. I'll make it simple.

Real wvw was a happy place.

They made EOTM so people could go there and wait to get into real wvw because the real wvw queues were long.

A lot of people stopped playing real wvw because EOTM gave easy loot and easy experience.

Real wvw suffered. EOTM helped to ruin real wvw.

Linking was made.

We do not need to give people a reason to go to EOTM again.

> @"Lady Sapphirah.6234" said:

it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps.

>

> Posted this once before but here we go again.....

>

> No. This is why. I'll make it simple.

>

> Real wvw was a happy place.

>

> They made EOTM so people could go there and wait to get into real wvw because the real wvw queues were long.

>

> A lot of people stopped playing real wvw because EOTM gave easy loot and easy experience.

>

> Real wvw suffered. EOTM helped to ruin real wvw.

>

> Linking was made.

>

> We do not need to give people a reason to go to EOTM again.

I already said that it was viewed as a pitstop. The reasoning tho is just full of subjectivity as personally I viewed eotm as an improvement given the tactics mentioned in my prior post.

> > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> >

> > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

>

> Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

>

> I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> > >

> > > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

> >

> > Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

> >

> > I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

>

> Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

>

> So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> > > >

> > > > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

> > >

> > > Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

> > >

> > > I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

> >

> > Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

> >

> > So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

>

> Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

I read everything you said. Yes you can hunt enemy zergs and whatnot but that's not a strong enough argument for pips to go to EotM as most maps just had zergs going in circles capping stuff (AKA karma train). That's what the map was. Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.

> it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps.

> Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

A pit stop? So u commanded karma trains for ur legendaries doing a pit stop? Must have been a really short k train... K trains in eotm would run for hours...

and having said that my point is, once again....... too many ppl would want to k train and run around in circles for hours for easy loot and it would affect real wvw badly again.

Just replace Desert BL with EOTM. Then EOTM lovers can run around to their hearts content.... I will put my farmer Joe boots on.

EotM has nothing competitive. Unless bashing down doors is competitive. It is not part of the mist war, so, no actual wvw. It was a pve karmafest, thats what it was. For easy karma, wxp ranks and regular exp fast levelling. WHen ANET removed regular exp and people couldnt level their toon to 80 in a ridiculous mindlesss ktrain, a lot of people left eotm. WvW has lost many players due to linkings, bad matchups, dominating servers etc. Pips in eotm will drain WvW of players even more, while anet is actually trying to do the opposite with world restructure (rightly so). So, nope. EotM is in the place it was meant to be in. A waiting room for the actual thing.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> > > > >

> > > > > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

> > > >

> > > > Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

> > > >

> > > > I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

> > >

> > > Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

> > >

> > > So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

> >

> > Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

>

> I read everything you said. Yes you can hunt enemy zergs and whatnot but that's not a strong enough argument for pips to go to EotM as most maps just had zergs going in circles capping stuff (AKA karma train). That's what the map was. Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.

In your opinion. I also remember jumping down from a bridge onto another zerg while they tried to kill the airship captain. They were completely oblivous.

> @"Lady Sapphirah.6234" said:

>

> > it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps.

> > Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

>

> A pit stop? So u commanded karma trains for ur legendaries doing a pit stop? Must have been a really short k train... K trains in eotm would run for hours...

> and having said that my point is, once again....... too many ppl would want to k train and run around in circles for hours for easy loot and it would affect real wvw badly again.

>

> Just replace Desert BL with EOTM. Then EOTM lovers can run around to their hearts content.... I will put my farmer Joe boots on.

>

>

You know very well the karma was nerfed alot at the time EOTM was popular and I didnt set the requirements for karma needed to make legendaries.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> EotM has nothing competitive. Unless bashing down doors is competitive. It is not part of the mist war, so, no actual wvw. It was a pve karmafest, thats what it was. For easy karma, wxp ranks and regular exp fast levelling. WHen ANET removed regular exp and people couldnt level their toon to 80 in a ridiculous mindlesss ktrain, a lot of people left eotm. WvW has lost many players due to linkings, bad matchups, dominating servers etc. Pips in eotm will drain WvW of players even more, while anet is actually trying to do the opposite with world restructure (rightly so). So, nope. EotM is in the place it was meant to be in. A waiting room for the actual thing.

I already said why it was better it allowed for more strategies and more ways to do stuff.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> mindless karmatraon zombies should not get the same loot as real wvw players, sure in normal wvw are ktrains aswell, but not as mindless or even talking with enemy commander on where they both go next to not interfere with another while farming

News flash, I can get over 250k karma a day in Istan just with map boosters. Karma has been devalued so far that 100k only gets you one or two lodestones from orrian treasure boxes.

Real Wvw Players the ones who bandwagon and server hop, and bicker with the natives. There are some good ones ofc but they dont fall into those categories.

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > > > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

> > > > >

> > > > > Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

> > > > >

> > > > > I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

> > > >

> > > > Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

> > > >

> > > > So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

> > >

> > > Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

> >

> > I read everything you said. Yes you can hunt enemy zergs and whatnot but that's not a strong enough argument for pips to go to EotM as most maps just had zergs going in circles capping stuff (AKA karma train). That's what the map was. **Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.**

>

> In your opinion. I also remember jumping down from a bridge onto another zerg while they tried to kill the airship captain. They were completely oblivous.

Bolded the part of my post that you seemed to miss.

The vast majority of the time, I daresay 95%, was without any enemy player interaction.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > **Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.**

> >

> > In your opinion. I also remember jumping down from a bridge onto another zerg while they tried to kill the airship captain. They were completely oblivous.

>

> Bolded the part of my post that you seemed to miss.

>

> The vast majority of the time, I daresay 95%, was without any enemy player interaction.

>

Again thats subjective sometimes a comm would hop on and say lets farm some bags.

Also are you a gatekeeper of wvw. Does my opinion have no merit compared to yours. You seemingly seem to provoke me as you have not experienced any of the game mode as I have. Please pop a tag if you work for anet and kindly stop deleting my posts and wasting my time.

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > > > > > > OP has right idea and this was suggested many times to add pips to eotm but most here prefer the stale game they play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How would adding pips to the karma train map change anything?

> > > > >

> > > > > Well lets see I camped camps to get wvw legendary backpiece and tickets for all the wvw ascended armor pieces in all weights. I even made a legendary armor chest piece. I am thoroughly sick of those maps and pips in general as they required too much time for my currently 1324 silver legend.

> > > > >

> > > > > I remember running eotm when i needed karma for next legendaries long ago, it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps. You could play between max sized squads like make red max 25people so they have to evade other zergs to be effective and blue and green double there size. There were some situations where it was fun evading or hunting the other equal sized zerg. I got all kinds of different scenarios while in eotm, sometimes blue would just guard home or sneak behind lines using the capture wurm tunnels, or jump ontop of other zerg at mechanic champ. It was just a much more imaginative and fun map. Even if pips were added to eotm the ship has seemingly sailed for some like me who were ignored back then.

> > > >

> > > > Well you may not remember EotM clearly but it was pretty much a karma train maps. For the most part, each color's zerg would avoid each other and just trade off capping stuff. That's what EotM would become with pips. It would also have the effect of pulling players out of WvW.

> > > >

> > > > So I ask again, how would adding pips to that karma train map change anything?

> > >

> > > Uhm I led karma trains in EOTM as comm many times I made many legendaries, do you read what is written or just cycle thru.

> >

> > I read everything you said. Yes you can hunt enemy zergs and whatnot but that's not a strong enough argument for pips to go to EotM as most maps just had zergs going in circles capping stuff (AKA karma train). That's what the map was. Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.

>

> In your opinion. I also remember jumping down from a bridge onto another zerg while they tried to kill the airship captain. They were completely oblivous.

>

> > @"Lady Sapphirah.6234" said:

> >

> > > it had some strategy it had some fun but its just viewed as a pitstop between wvw maps.

> >

> > A pit stop? So u commanded karma trains for ur legendaries doing a pit stop? Must have been a really short k train... K trains in eotm would run for hours...

> > and having said that my point is, once again....... too many ppl would want to k train and run around in circles for hours for easy loot and it would affect real wvw badly again.

> >

> > Just replace Desert BL with EOTM. Then EOTM lovers can run around to their hearts content.... I will put my farmer Joe boots on.

> >

> >

>

> You know very well the karma was nerfed alot at the time EOTM was popular and I didnt set the requirements for karma needed to make legendaries.

>

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > EotM has nothing competitive. Unless bashing down doors is competitive. It is not part of the mist war, so, no actual wvw. It was a pve karmafest, thats what it was. For easy karma, wxp ranks and regular exp fast levelling. WHen ANET removed regular exp and people couldnt level their toon to 80 in a ridiculous mindlesss ktrain, a lot of people left eotm. WvW has lost many players due to linkings, bad matchups, dominating servers etc. Pips in eotm will drain WvW of players even more, while anet is actually trying to do the opposite with world restructure (rightly so). So, nope. EotM is in the place it was meant to be in. A waiting room for the actual thing.

>

> I already said why it was better it allowed for more strategies and more ways to do stuff.

>

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > mindless karmatraon zombies should not get the same loot as real wvw players, sure in normal wvw are ktrains aswell, but not as mindless or even talking with enemy commander on where they both go next to not interfere with another while farming

>

> News flash, I can get over 250k karma a day in Istan just with map boosters. Karma has been devalued so far that 100k only gets you one or two lodestones from orrian treasure boxes.

>

> Real Wvw Players the ones who bandwagon and server hop, and bicker with the natives. There are some good ones ofc but they dont fall into those categories.

newsflash old terms are still used, even if they dont exactly are what they used to be, ofc you get more karma in istan and i couldnt care 2 kitten about what you get in pve for running in circles, fact is, the things we now call karmatrains in wvw still do what they used to do, mindlessly flipping objectives without enemies to stop them, which, for me, is NOT wvw and thus do not deserve wvw loot, on real wvw maps there is still attacking/defending abd strategy to find and that strategy does not include talking to the enemy commander and make a plan where both are and what to flip next while avoiding each other

you just want easy loot and i can understand that, but dont go and take away what we have as wvw community (which is not alot) those few armor and weapon skins excludedely for wvw

dont apply your pve rules to wvw to get stuff that you otherwise kind of have to work for

and ofc bandwagonig sucks, but still they have to fight against real ppl instead of running just in circles

> > > > **Very little interaction with enemy players relative to WvW.**

> > >

> > > In your opinion. I also remember jumping down from a bridge onto another zerg while they tried to kill the airship captain. They were completely oblivous.

> >

> > Bolded the part of my post that you seemed to miss.

> >

> > The vast majority of the time, I daresay 95%, was without any enemy player interaction.

> >

>

> Again thats subjective sometimes a comm would hop on and say lets farm some bags.

Which I’m sure if you spoke to anyone on here, that was a rarity compared to the karma train.

> Also are you a gatekeeper of wvw. Does my opinion have no merit compared to yours. You seemingly seem to provoke me as you have not experienced any of the game mode as I have. Please pop a tag if you work for anet and kindly stop deleting my posts and wasting my time.

>

I’m not affiliated with Anet in any way. If you have issues with your posts getting deleted then contact their forum support team.

I’m not saying that your opinion doesn’t matter and you have every right to share it. I just simply disagree with it.