> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > >

> > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > >

> > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> >

> > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

>

> pics, or it didnt happen

Sure, let me download some recording app first so I can spare my free time on proving random person on forums how wrong he is :)

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > >

> > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > >

> > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> >

>

Ummm whats the hard Part about mordy :D i soloed all story instances too.

It is always so cringe when ppl cry that story is too hard and at the same Time our forums are full of videos where players Solo fractal CM:s, do raids with only 3 men etc :D

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

As far as I’m aware, in any story instance the only real thing you have to do is pay attention, so you can dodge, or break a break bar. If that’s a “niche group” then maybe you’d prefer a brain dead hack and slash game.

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > >

> > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > >

> > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > >

> > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> >

> > pics, or it didnt happen

>

> Ummm whats the hard Part about mordy :D i soloed all story instances too.

> It is always so cringe when ppl cry that story is too hard and at the same Time our forums are full of videos where players Solo fractal CM:s, do raids with only 3 men etc :D

didnt anet claim it was "challenging group content"

if you can solo, that makes you a very good player..no doubt about it

it also makes you an outlier in this game, designing content for you (and your kind) will only scare normal players away

and that is exactly what is happening here

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > > >

> > > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> > >

> > > pics, or it didnt happen

> >

> > Ummm whats the hard Part about mordy :D i soloed all story instances too.

> > It is always so cringe when ppl cry that story is too hard and at the same Time our forums are full of videos where players Solo fractal CM:s, do raids with only 3 men etc :D

>

> didnt anet claim it was "challenging group content"

About Fractals and raids, not the story.

> if you can solo, that makes you a very good player..no doubt about it

Not really as it’s balanced for solo play, the only instance that isn’t is Migraine version of HoT finale, which isn’t mandatory.

> it also makes you an outlier in this game, designing content for you (and your kind) will only scare normal players away

Designing story content for solo, it has always been soloable, just because you can’t do it doesn’t mean a majority can’t.

Remember that the people on the forums are a minority to people that play the game.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

ninja edit I see

To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Ummm whats the hard Part about mordy :D i soloed all story instances too.

> > It is always so cringe when ppl cry that story is too hard and at the same Time our forums are full of videos where players Solo fractal CM:s, do raids with only 3 men etc :D

>

> it also makes you an outlier in this game, designing content for you (and your kind) will only scare normal players away

> and that is exactly what is happening here

This game IMO has content for all kind of players. Back to the story, every story instance can be soloed without perfect build/gear and story instanses dont need any kind of godlike skill to solo. Only thing that makes player die in story IMO is that they are new, and took their build from metabattle/snowcrows for max dps and cant stay alive.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Anet only ever applied the phrase "play how you want" to two things:

>

> 1) There is no "holy trinity" in GW2, any profession can fulfill any type of role which means players can choose the profession they want without being forced into a play style or group role they don't enjoy. A warrior can be a support character, a guardian can be a 'glass cannon' damage dealer, an elementalist can be a defensive 'tank' build etc.

>

> 2) You don't have to spend hours leveling up and getting gear in PvE before you can play PvP or WvW - you can focus on the game mode/s you like and still earn everything you need to play.

>

> That doesn't mean you can get every reward in the game playing exclusively in one mode, it just means that anything which can only be obtained in one specific area, or which requires playing lots of areas, won't be necessary to play. No one's going to tell you that you need raid gear (or even dungeon gear) before you can be competitive in PvP (or if they do they're wrong because it makes no difference).

and the key point is "things you need to play" which completely eliminates all things cosmetic. Cosmetics is not going to change the outcome of an encounter.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > >

> > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > >

> > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > >

> > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> >

> > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

>

> It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

>

>

or a build problem ... as someone else mentioned not everything will work

I am already biased against AI so I can definitely see turrets being subpar. Actually make that doubly biased because I would consider engineer lacking too. I am sure someone could do whatever with one but for my preferences they don't provide the necessary tools. It did at one point but then someone started swinging around the nerf bats.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > > Sure. And I want to buy a Gift of Battle with Fractal Relics, Dungeon Tokens, Auric Dust, etc.

> > Well, both an alternative way to get gift of battle for PvE players, and alternative way to get gift of exploration for WvW/SPvP players seems reasonable to me.

> >

>

> Except that is not what he is suggesting regarding the Gift of Exploration. His suggestion leave the exploring part of the gift firmly in pve. I see nothing wrong with the Gift of Exploration requiring, you know, exploring, whilst taking a charr 20 drinks can be bought with other currency.

Got it in one. I agree with the idea that building (vs buying) a Legendary should require time in various game modes. To me at least that adds value to the crafting of them. But its a time sync. And that time sync is already being paid in the various game modes and is converted to currencies. And the open world PvE time sync exceeds that of the others so why not allow a subset (not the whole thing) to be offset with those currencies. How would that cheapen the player experience of another player? If you think about it, it's actually trading Legendary for Legendary since it slows down the acquisition of Legendary armor since its some of the same currencies. Again not looking to remove the map exploration, it's the repetitive hearts that once you've done a number of time really aren't that fun, part and the time to acquire was spent, just else where. Thanks again for the time. Good gaming!

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > > > Sure. And I want to buy a Gift of Battle with Fractal Relics, Dungeon Tokens, Auric Dust, etc.

> > > Well, both an alternative way to get gift of battle for PvE players, and alternative way to get gift of exploration for WvW/SPvP players seems reasonable to me.

> > >

> >

> > Except that is not what he is suggesting regarding the Gift of Exploration. His suggestion leave the exploring part of the gift firmly in pve. I see nothing wrong with the Gift of Exploration requiring, you know, exploring, whilst taking a charr 20 drinks can be bought with other currency.

>

> Got it in one. I agree with the idea that building (vs buying) a Legendary should require time in various game modes. To me at least that adds value to the crafting of them. But its a time sync. And that time sync is already being paid in the various game modes and is converted to currencies. And the open world PvE time sync exceeds that of the others so why not allow a subset (not the whole thing) to be offset with those currencies. How would that cheapen the player experience of another player? If you think about it, it's actually trading Legendary for Legendary since it slows down the acquisition of Legendary armor since its some of the same currencies. Again not looking to remove the map exploration, it's the repetitive hearts that once you've done a number of time really aren't that fun, part and the time to acquire was spent, just else where. Thanks again for the time. Good gaming!

You mean Time "Sink"...... as in down the drain. :P

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > >

> > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > >

> > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > >

> > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> >

> > pics, or it didnt happen

> > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

>

> ninja edit I see

>

> To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

in your opinion

the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

> >

> > ninja edit I see

> >

> > To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

>

> in your opinion

> the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

pics (source) or it didnt happen

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > > > >

> > > > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> > > >

> > > > pics, or it didnt happen

> > > > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

> > >

> > > ninja edit I see

> > >

> > > To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

> >

> > in your opinion

> > the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

>

> pics (source) or it didnt happen

since they dont make those numbers public, that would be hard

but if you believe theyre doing better now, go for it

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> > > > >

> > > > > pics, or it didnt happen

> > > > > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

> > > >

> > > > ninja edit I see

> > > >

> > > > To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

> > >

> > > in your opinion

> > > the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

> >

> > pics (source) or it didnt happen

>

> since they dont make those numbers public, that would be hard

> but if you believe theyre doing better now, go for it

I have no reason to believe either way - they don't publish numbers. All we have is quarterly NCsoft reports, which show that game has stable income.

Now, what do you base your beliefs on?

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> > > > >

> > > > > pics, or it didnt happen

> > > > > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

> > > >

> > > > ninja edit I see

> > > >

> > > > To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

> > >

> > > in your opinion

> > > the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

> >

> > pics (source) or it didnt happen

>

> since they dont make those numbers public, that would be hard

> but if you believe theyre doing better now, go for it

Revenue reports seems to indicate they are doing better, though next quarterly report will likely give a clearer picture.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You're always free to play how you want. Like map exploration? You're rewarded for it. Don't like it? You're not missing out on anything that would make it easier for you to play the content you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Legendaries are nothing but glorified skins. If you enjoy spending your time jumping through hoops to get those skins, great for you. If not you're not in any way disadvantaged in playing the parts of the game you do like.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Play as you want" does mean you can play whatever you enjoy, without the need to prepare for it by playing stuff you don't enjoy (flashbacks to older mmos where you had to grind your way through the always same questlines and dungeons/raids to even participate in endgame activities, good thing that's in the past). What it doesn't mean is you get any skin (and other cosmetic reward) you desire by only playing content of your choice.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > If what this person said is to complicated for anyone to understand, it means you can play your character any way you want, does not mean play the game mode you want...big difference between the two(especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is simply what Legendaries are.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > last time i tried to take my turret engineer to PoF, they melted her face

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "play as you want "is really only valid for core OW

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > if you happen to like a non-meta spec...too bad

> > > > > > > > > > > > > meta applies to group content only, or you trying to tell me you can't beat PoF without meta 10-man raid squad with optimized builds and gear?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

> > > > > > > > > > i guess thats why the game is going downhill

> > > > > > > > > > imagine the commercial for that..."this is the gameplay, that 1 out of 10 players prefer"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> > > > > > > > if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> > > > > > > > if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> > > > > > > > PS i would love to see you solo mordy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I soloed him multiple times, thank you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > pics, or it didnt happen

> > > > > > even if it is true, designing the story content for a niche group isnt exactly good for the longevity of the game

> > > > >

> > > > > ninja edit I see

> > > > >

> > > > > To comment on the second part - story is far from being designed for niche group and it is good that game requires minimum dedication and attention from player. To some degree it's not your fault that you think that way - core Tyria is terrible. Core story is awful content, one of worst games in history, gameplaywise. However, where you are at fault, is your lack of will to adapt and learn new content. Dodging and avoiding AoEs, cleansing conditions and CC is not too much to ask from a player in a story.

> > > >

> > > > in your opinion

> > > > the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

> > >

> > > pics (source) or it didnt happen

> >

> > since they dont make those numbers public, that would be hard

> > but if you believe theyre doing better now, go for it

>

> Revenue reports seems to indicate they are doing better, though next quarterly report will likely give a clearer picture.

That and most MMOs as far as I am aware tend to slowly decrease in population over time. That population in this MMO tends to go up a bit when living world stories are released as old players come back and increase a lot when expansions come out.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I'll bite. Youtube provides you many useful proofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCK61tEQnk

There is even a guide.

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> That and most MMOs as far as I am aware tend to slowly decrease in population over time. That population in this MMO tends to go up a bit when living world stories are released as old players come back and increase a lot when expansions come out.

That's GW2 edge, since you didn't miss subs along the way or didn't have to stop and start a sub you can come and go as you want. But you are right most MMOs don't gain population after they have peaked, or at least none that I have seen over time so far. GW2 has peeps come and go.

> SOLO..i expect story to be for one person

Which it currently is.

> > It is. Have you ever considered that in your case a player may be a problem?

> so, a suboptimal player isnt a PERSON?

They are very much a person. Keep in mind that sub-optimal and the ability to do content that has already been designed to do solo are two very different things.

> > But the story is balanced for single player already. I have difficulties understanding your issue.

> if that was true, you wouldnt have big threads , like the one about the departed, would you?

> if that was true, you would have more than 5 mio players in the expansions zones...did this happen?

> if that was true, anet wouldnt have to nerf the same content MULTIPLE TIMES

> PS i would love to see you solo mordy

Players that are unable to complete story content represent the minority (or niche group). That includes The Departed story instance as well as HoT's last story instance with Mordy.

> and that is exactly what is happening here

And like being able to solo fractals, being unable to solo story instances makes you an outlier. So designing content for you (and your kind) will only scare normal players away.

> the majority of players didnt agree, they have left long time ago

As someone has already asked: source? Players leave games for many reasons and I seriously doubt it's because they couldn't solo story content.

The takeaway from this is that you feel that your skill level represents the majority of players or what you consider to be normal players. With how many players that have been able to solo story instances, even if some struggled, this belief is far from being true. Designing content meant for all players, but only balanced for a subset of players, is bad. You are very much correct when you said that.

As far as PoF map completion goes, it falls in the same boat as the story instances as it can be done solo as well. Meta builds are not needed although they do help for those struggling.