[Suggestion] Legendary weapon footfall effect, while mounted.

Not sure if this was suggested before, but it's definately something I would like to see being implemented. I do realise this isn't going to be a change that will affect drasticly anything, nor do I have any idea how simple/hard it would be to code into the game, but I just thought it would be nice to be able to see our legendary weapon's beauitiful footfall effects, while mounted as well. I guess this could fall under the QoL features, where fashion and prestige is considered.

Yes! Because the one thing my black & purple branded raptor really needs is a trail of shining rainbow hoof prints!

Challenge: Am I being serious, or sarcastic? Honestly it could go either way.

(But seriously I think this would be nice as an option. Maybe something we can turn off if we don't want it just in case the legendary steps and the mount really don't go or whatever. It might not be easy to do because mounting seems to disable your weapons, not just hide them - if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use. Although it would be nice if they could fix that too, I nearly had a panic attack when it told me my elementalist couldn't use The Bifrost until I worked out that was the reason.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Yes! Because the one thing my black & purple branded raptor really needs is a trail of shining rainbow hoof prints!

>

> Challenge: Am I being serious, or sarcastic? Honestly it could go either way.

>

> (But seriously I think this would be nice as an option. Maybe something we can turn off if we don't want it just in case the legendary steps and the mount really don't go or whatever. It might not be easy to do because mounting seems to disable your weapons, not just hide them - if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use. Although it would be nice if they could fix that too, I nearly had a panic attack when it told me my elementalist couldn't use The Bifrost until I worked out that was the reason.)

Thanks for adding that up. I completely forgot that this might turn up pretty awkward with some mounts/weapon combinations if there isn't an option to turn it on/off. So totally add up this to the suggestion. You bring another good point though. Mounting making your weapon unusable is something I didn't considered. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement in this case, but I hope we could see such a change. I realise it's merely a cosmetic one, but Fashion wars needs it imo!

> @"Rain.7543" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Yes! Because the one thing my black & purple branded raptor really needs is a trail of shining rainbow hoof prints!

> >

> > Challenge: Am I being serious, or sarcastic? Honestly it could go either way.

> >

> > (But seriously I think this would be nice as an option. Maybe something we can turn off if we don't want it just in case the legendary steps and the mount really don't go or whatever. It might not be easy to do because mounting seems to disable your weapons, not just hide them - if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use. Although it would be nice if they could fix that too, I nearly had a panic attack when it told me my elementalist couldn't use The Bifrost until I worked out that was the reason.)

>

> Thanks for adding that up. I completely forgot that this might turn up pretty awkward with some mounts/weapon combinations if there isn't an option to turn it on/off. So totally add up this to the suggestion. You bring another good point though. Mounting making your weapon unusable is something I didn't considered. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement in this case, but I hope we could see such a change. I realise it's merely a cosmetic one, but Fashion wars needs it imo!

For the record I would absolutely want my raptor to leave rainbow hoof prints. No it wouldn't make any sense, but it's from the Dreamer and nothing about that weapon makes sense.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> Mounts also have different strides and foot fall spacing.... plus they can have up to 3 feet on the ground at a time.... it gets crowded quickly.

That's already covered, I think. Players can have different strides and foot fall spacing too and the legendary footprints adjust to that. If you switch on walk they're much closer together than if you're running and if I remember correctly when you have a speed boost applied they're even further apart. And if you use a shadowstep/teleport skill or a leap skill they don't appear at all until you land. (I assume the same happens with the default footprints, but they're pretty faint so I've never noticed and never taken the time to check.)

I assume legendary footprints from a mount would work the same way. It might even be done automatically if the same tech is used for mounts existing footprints as for players.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Yes! Because the one thing my black & purple branded raptor really needs is a trail of shining rainbow hoof prints!

>

> Challenge: Am I being serious, or sarcastic? Honestly it could go either way.

>

> (But seriously I think this would be nice as an option. Maybe something we can turn off if we don't want it just in case the legendary steps and the mount really don't go or whatever. It might not be easy to do because mounting seems to disable your weapons, not just hide them - if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use. Although it would be nice if they could fix that too, I nearly had a panic attack when it told me my elementalist couldn't use The Bifrost until I worked out that was the reason.)

If legendary footfalls and auras were added to the account wardrobes in a separate "aura" and "footfall" section (they could link this with infusion and other item auras as well), as being unlocks when account binding any given legendary, that could be changed at will using a transmutation charge and even have an option for turning off when mounted, this could be a possible solution.

This would allow the use of a particular legendary footfall or aura with any weapon, once it has been unlocked, both while on foot and/or while mounted (separate checkbox to toggle on/off if wanting disabled while mounted).

For the record I have no idea how practical this is to implement, just thought it worth bringing up the idea again.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > Yes! Because the one thing my black & purple branded raptor really needs is a trail of shining rainbow hoof prints!

> >

~snipped~

Quote:

> If legendary footfalls and auras were added to the account wardrobes in a separate "aura" and "footfall" section (they could link this with infusion and other item auras as well), as being unlocks when account binding any given legendary, that could be changed at will using a transmutation charge and even have an option for turning off when mounted, this could be a possible solution.

This is a fabulous idea!!

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use.

>

> Yeah, I noticed that. Perhaps it changes your profession to "Rider" while you are, well, um, a rider, and Riders can't use weapons.

That doesn't stop the game from showing all your legendary auras(99.99% sure this is a bug especially since all arm effects end up on the left arm regardless of where the weapon is equipped).

Winter's Presence + Kamohoali'i Kotaki + The Predator stacks very nicely together ...

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > if you hover the mouse over a weapon in your inventory while mounted it will say it's not usable by your profession, even if it's one you normally can use.

> >

> > Yeah, I noticed that. Perhaps it changes your profession to "Rider" while you are, well, um, a rider, and Riders can't use weapons.

>

> That doesn't stop the game from showing all your legendary auras(99.99% sure this is a bug especially since all arm effects end up on the left arm regardless of where the weapon is equipped).

>

> Winter's Presence + Kamohoali'i Kotaki + The Predator stacks very nicely together ...

I have no idea why it happens or what causes it but I'm not surprised the results are inconsistent. I've heard a lot of stories about mounts being added into games in odd ways (e.g. in Lord of the Rings online they're technically trousers, and various games where it replaces your entire character model with one that combines a 'snapshot' of what they looked like when they mounted with the mount's appearance and that's even in games where mounts were planned from day 1. Games are weird, there's a lot of things which seem simple but are surprisingly difficult to do and sometimes a crazy work-around is actually easier.

Which also means it might not be easy to fix. What we've got might be the best they could do to add mounts to a game that wasn't built for them. But if they can make some changes that would be great, especially adding legendary footprints.

(If anyone's curious there's some amazing articles about ways developers worked around the limitations of the software to do things the programmers had never intended, or just didn't realise they'd want to do. [The Invisible Bunnies That Power World of Warcraft](https://kotaku.com/the-invisible-bunnies-that-power-world-of-warcraft-1791576630 "The Invisible Bunnies That Power World of Warcraft") is a good starting point, including the fantastic summary “Sometimes [programmers] don’t know designers need a kitchen until they’ve made ramen in a flower vase with an iron.”)