No Downstate + Bonus Rewards Weeklong Event Coming 6/8

X T D.6458

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Push' says the comm.

'No' say the players, it's a long run back and we don't like our pixels hurt...

There will be even more sniping and running backwards than normal that week.

Watch out for the open field balistas: two instantly built and boom goes the balled up blob...

can we call it 'snipe the pin week'?

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > >

> > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > >

> > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> >

> > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

>

> Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > >

> > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > >

> > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> >

> > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

>

> I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> >

> > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > >

> > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > >

> > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > >

> > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > >

> > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > >

> > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> >

> > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> >

> > #CusGameDesign

> >

> > D:

>

> One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

>

Function gyro is meant to be the spec defining function like all other elite specs have. Scrapper has literally no defining function with no downstate.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > >

> > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > >

> > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > >

> > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> >

> > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

>

> Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> >

> > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > >

> > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > >

> > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > >

> > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > >

> > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > >

> > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > >

> > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> >

> > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> >

> > #CusGameDesign

> >

> > D:

>

> One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

>

It's literally the primary mechanic of scrapper. Try cutting mirage cloak, photon forge, druid CA, or any of the firebrand/DH F-skills completely.

You wouldn't believe the amount of whining you would hear if that happened. But scrapper? Nah, no big deal. Its mechanic doesn't matter.

> > To put it a bluntly. It's the precedent that concerns me. Idc about the gyro itself since most healing scrappers forget to make use of it anyway. It is a "minor trait" in the context of that class, yes. It still restricts that class regardless. Is it really hard to ask for a little bit of consistency in their changes? Thankfully it's temporary. Good laugh for a day, and play something else for the rest (or RP).

>

>

> To be honest necros would have a bigger gripe over this with their transfusion trait being more used these days, barely ever see scrappers in wvw anymore. It still doesn't restrict you from entirely playing the class which is what the dev's point was. Don't think this event should be a week in any case.

LOL

Take away shades from necros, and all their F-Skills for a week. Oh wait, thats their main mechanic! WHOOOPSY

I mean seriously, this a literal "screw you" to scrappers on top of their already sad, sad state.

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > > >

> > > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> > >

> > > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> >

> > Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

>

> Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

Yeah, but good luck _killing_ a ranger on elementalist. All of the defensive tools in the world will, at best, let you run away. Maybe. Depends on what mobility they're running. You're certainly not wrong that a birdbow soulbeast is pretty much a predictable one trick pony -- hardcountered into the ground by decent thieves, mirages & spellbreakers -- but you shouldn't belittle their potency in the right hands from the get-go of the fight. I've murdered plenty of elementalists on my birdbow before, even those that avoid my initial burst. Mistform only delays the inevitable in a lot of cases & its cooldown is almost twice that of sic 'em.

Elementalist isn't even in the top half of professions optimized to deal with ranger. Actually its probably second worst.

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > > > >

> > > > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> > > >

> > > > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> > >

> > > Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

> >

> > Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

>

> Yeah, but good luck _killing_ a ranger on elementalist. All of the defensive tools in the world will, at best, let you run away. Maybe. Depends on what mobility they're running. You're certainly not wrong that a birdbow soulbeast is pretty much a predictable one trick pony -- hardcountered into the ground by decent thieves, mirages & spellbreakers -- but you shouldn't belittle their potency in the right hands from the get-go of the fight. I've murdered plenty of elementalists on my birdbow before, even those that avoid my initial burst. Mistform only delays the inevitable in a lot of cases & its cooldown is almost twice that of sic 'em.

>

> Elementalist isn't even in the top half of professions optimized to deal with ranger. Actually its probably second worst.

>

> ~ Kovu

Yea, it's certainly not a counter by any means, even a sword/dagger weaver that has great mobility can't catch a ranger in most cases, it's just that it's easy to counter a ranger burst, and longbow is predictable, everyone runs the same rotation. If anything the burst shatter mesmer or full zerk backstab thief are gonna be the 2 builds that will see the most play, and get the most use for no downstate. Both can disengage as quickly as they engage if they miss their burst.

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

> > >

> > > Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

> >

> > Yeah, but good luck _killing_ a ranger on elementalist. All of the defensive tools in the world will, at best, let you run away. Maybe. Depends on what mobility they're running. You're certainly not wrong that a birdbow soulbeast is pretty much a predictable one trick pony -- hardcountered into the ground by decent thieves, mirages & spellbreakers -- but you shouldn't belittle their potency in the right hands from the get-go of the fight. I've murdered plenty of elementalists on my birdbow before, even those that avoid my initial burst. Mistform only delays the inevitable in a lot of cases & its cooldown is almost twice that of sic 'em.

> >

> > Elementalist isn't even in the top half of professions optimized to deal with ranger. Actually its probably second worst.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> Yea, it's certainly not a counter by any means, even a sword/dagger weaver that has great mobility can't catch a ranger in most cases, it's just that it's easy to counter a ranger burst, and longbow is predictable, everyone runs the same rotation. If anything the burst shatter mesmer or full zerk backstab thief are gonna be the 2 builds that will see the most play, and get the most use for no downstate. Both can disengage as quickly as they engage if they miss their burst.

You got me there. ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> I think this will discourage a lot of players from coming to WvW. Numbers will go down.

Eh, only in very snowbally matchups where it makes no difference besides getting twice the exp on top of it and slightly less suffering because you'll die faster ;)

The fact its an entire week and not only peak times on steroids throughout the entire reset + weekend should make up for that.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

> > >

> > > At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

> > >

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> > > >

> > > > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> > > >

> > > > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> > > >

> > > > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> > > >

> > > > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> > > >

> > > > **Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.**

> > > >

> > > > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

> > >

> > > So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

> > >

> > > #CusGameDesign

> > >

> > > D:

> >

> > One minor trait makes the class unplayable?

> >

>

> It's literally the primary mechanic of scrapper. Try cutting mirage cloak, photon forge, druid CA, or any of the firebrand/DH F-skills completely.

>

> You wouldn't believe the amount of whining you would hear if that happened. But scrapper? Nah, no big deal. Its mechanic doesn't matter.

>

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > To put it a bluntly. It's the precedent that concerns me. Idc about the gyro itself since most healing scrappers forget to make use of it anyway. It is a "minor trait" in the context of that class, yes. It still restricts that class regardless. Is it really hard to ask for a little bit of consistency in their changes? Thankfully it's temporary. Good laugh for a day, and play something else for the rest (or RP).

> >

> >

> > To be honest necros would have a bigger gripe over this with their transfusion trait being more used these days, barely ever see scrappers in wvw anymore. It still doesn't restrict you from entirely playing the class which is what the dev's point was. Don't think this event should be a week in any case.

>

> LOL

>

> Take away shades from necros, and all their F-Skills for a week. Oh wait, thats their main mechanic! WHOOOPSY

>

> I mean seriously, this a literal "screw you" to scrappers on top of their already sad, sad state.

I like the idea of no downstate generally but it just illustrates that scrapper needs a redesign.

> It's ok the 5 scrappers left in the game can take that week to play core spec engineer!

Support scrapper is strong now.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> Looks like a no scrapper or ele week to me. Otherwise, WvW will be pretty similar to how it is now.

Not really, currently the rally mechanism helps the winning zerg to carry on moving without too much ress or running from spawn. So now, the game will be slower because you won't get rallied even if your zerg is winning and if nobody wants to ress you, well, put on those nikes!!!!!!!!!!

There is both a lot of optimism and doom and gloom in this thread. This is not a move to permanently disable downed state in wvw. People might try some glass specs for a while but ultimately they are going to revert back to what feels good to play. I can say this with confidence because I blow up a lot of glass cannons currently. An influx of new glass cannons is going to be some damned good times and a lot of tears.

Can I vote out of the buffs and get a 50% pip gain increase instead?

My experience in WvW is that when someone goes down and they are by themselves, they might as well be dead. Except for Rangers and Necros. Although, its going to be annoying when a camp downs me and I can't rally off of a nearly dead npc.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Can I vote out of the buffs and get a 50% pip gain increase instead?

>

> My experience in WvW is that when someone goes down and they are by themselves, they might as well be dead. Except for Rangers and Necros. Although, its going to be annoying when a camp downs me and I can't rally off of a nearly dead npc.

Well, yes downed state carries those who grossly outnumber and still some how manage to drop.

As for the camp downing you, I will let someone else say it so I don't get a mark.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Can I vote out of the buffs and get a 50% pip gain increase instead?

> >

> > My experience in WvW is that when someone goes down and they are by themselves, they might as well be dead. Except for Rangers and Necros. Although, its going to be annoying when a camp downs me and I can't rally off of a nearly dead npc.

>

> Well, yes downed state carries those who grossly outnumber and still some how manage to drop.

>

> As for the camp downing you, I will let someone else say it so I don't get a mark.

Yes, I get downed by camp npcs sometimes. I don't care for this game mode and WvW puts me to sleep. I'm here just for the pips because there is no second method of getting Legendary armor in PvE and you can fail your way to it in WvW. I don't mind contributing to filling up the queue as someone who doesn't even want to be there.

You might as well have not said anything if you think it could get you reported and marked.