Roller beetle is ? (your word)

...lacklustre.

It's fun to ride a bit with it, but else, it's pretty boring and just a mastery-point-sink. Also considering the selling model of LW-episodes, it will probably be limited to Kourna only, thus it will always stay rather niche. Still better than masteries like the ones in Sirens Landing, Draconis Mons and stuff like that though. v:

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> ...lacklustre.

>

> It's fun to ride a bit with it, but else, it's pretty boring and just a mastery-point-sink. Also considering the selling model of LW-episodes, it will probably be limited to Kourna only, thus it will always stay rather niche. Still better than masteries like the ones in Sirens Landing, Draconis Mons and stuff like that though. v:

I've seen plenty in core Tyria.

well it's fun , but with a bitter taste in your mouth.

The endurance is a pain to watch to regenerate and this brings some disadvantages to it. I barely want to use it and better stay on raptor/jackal or griffon, because you barely want to use it near enemies in open world or anywhere,which is stupid , since anet have some maps crowded as fuck.

the handling is also abit strange and hard.

Bunny is cc wise better :^) and that weakness buff feels rather strange. Also mastery t3 feels .... useless ? unless you are in Kourna at the desert part ? That master rank t3 could changed to "increase endurance regeneration and improves handling with your beetle and also let you start with full endurance." ... just an idea from my side.

I mean those tricks are neat ,but you barely cant perform them on land or anything like that. or maybe allow us to do tricks on land to regain some endurance.

It's a fun mount and its cool to drive around. however it got some flaws compared to other mounts. they all are unique and they all are fun to play. Only the beetle needs some "changes" and it would be another mount that would be perfect :D

Well this is my opinion atleast.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> ...lacklustre.

>

> It's fun to ride a bit with it, but else, it's pretty boring and just a mastery-point-sink. Also considering the selling model of LW-episodes, it will probably be limited to Kourna only, thus it will always stay rather niche. Still better than masteries like the ones in Sirens Landing, Draconis Mons and stuff like that though. v:

You can place oakhearts in guild halls, so they're fun for the build your own puzzles.

...fun but I can't see where it's better than Raptor/Jackal for land travel. The additional speed is highly dependant on the terrain and that you have time to accelerate or wait for the boost. I see the differences and see the niche the beetle fills, but I doubt that it was a necessary addition to the rooster. Could have lived without it and would certainly have appreciated more testing of the patch instead of the new mount.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > ...lacklustre.

> >

> > it will probably be limited to Kourna only, thus it will always stay rather niche.

>

> It's not limited. It's a new mount with it's own mastery line and not a one of single mastery.

>

>

The main use is smashing walls though and for traversibility, other mounts are better, so the beetle is niche and I don't think that they place other smashable walls in other maps.

**_Fun, but probably not for long..._**

It's clear it was made with the gimmicks in mind, and not with usability.

I mean, unlike the other mount that has 2 skills, the griffon, we get the most important things, drift and boost, right off the bat, only to have the most expensive mastery be Air tricks? Why spend 7 points on a gimmick? Sure it regenerates endurance... But, like someone said already i'd rather have a mastery that increases regeneration and allows it to start at full instead of "tricks", especially since most maps won't have the ramps to allow the air-time for those... So your most expensive mastery on this pet is the least useful. In fact, except for T2 all the masteries are kinda meh.

I mean the first one, that like all mounts improves the engage skill, is wasted since the engage itself is **terrible**! You have, not only to aim it, which is ok, but you need to have a freaking tape measure in your brain to estimate where you'll end up, otherwise you'll have to do the "walk of shame" back into the fight. Engage skills are supposed to deliver you into the fight from the mount, not **through** the fight. While it's funny at first, and especially with the "bowling" reference of launching the enemies with mastery, soon you realize it's impractical as hell... I end up just using the mount/dismount button to get into fights. The beetle is definitely the first mount that i'm having to be careful not to dismount with the engage.

The animations, the speed and the drift are fun, although the drift could be a bit tighter it's still really cool and fun! Air tricks will surely be a fun feature until it eventually wears off the novelty factor.

As for it's usability in the long run, i can see it being used for longer travel in the more open maps like Gendarran fields, Queensdale, the deserts, etc. But with waypoints and short travels, the impractical handling will make it less useful.

Aesthetically it looks really cool, although with the absence of Skins it'll always be a bit odd... For starters the beetle becomes a single, **iridescent** colour, which can limit your choices. And although i appreciate that at least it's not just a few stripes that get coloured like the raptor, its limiting in it's own way. Also there's the fact that the **saddle** doesn't change colour, so it ends up clashing with the beetle. Arena Net could at least add a second dye channel to the mount. But no, it has to be all in the gemstore.

All in all, it's a fun addition, just not as useful as any of the others, and will definitely not overthrow the duality of jackal/raptor as the best "all purpose" mount.

Tricks are pretty lacklustre since it's difficult to get air, but the mount itself has a pretty fun theme (forward momentum). Most core maps are very flat, so I could definately see this getting a lot of use there, and Windswept Haven is the perfect playground for guild races and the like.

So, in my word...

Roller Beetle is FUN!