Awakened Spies and Rats

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> It's like you skipped GW2 101 Heart Tasks.

I have 11 characters with 100% world completion, I understand heart tasks better than most, however killing ambients is something that should have been left in queensdale, not added to level 80 maps.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > It's like you skipped GW2 101 Heart Tasks.

>

> I have 11 characters with 100% world completion, I understand heart tasks better than most, however killing ambients is something that should have been left in queensdale, not added to level 80 maps.

Heart tasks still have more than one aspect than just the rats and even then, even hearts in level 80 zones, have had trivial tasks since launch, imo.

But I suppose youre free to believe that pressing F at some interactable location is more level 80 worthy than killing some rats. Seems like a silly complaint.

> I mostly burned crops, toppled statues and then I was done before I could even turn the rat meat in. (not to mention the numerous events.)

>

Burning infected crop only takes you to 70% or 80%.

The problem with events for heart completion is that it is a hit or miss thing. If you happen to be there at the right time then great otherwise they might as well not exist as far as heart completion is concerned.

Haven't looked at that specific heart to see how far it extends and what counts.

The one that has the tasteless roots also allows killing inquest but you need beetle tier 2 to get into the room.

I’ve had no issues completing hearts at various times when farming map currency on all my characters with the exception of that SE heart where near where the meta is. Now that one is a grind compared to others and I spend about as much time trying to complete that heart as I do for the others combined. The awakened/inquest just contribute so little and the scarab swarms are a pain with others around as I only get a couple of any depending on how far the event is from me.

My routine:

For the one near the West WP, I killed the awakened spies and farm up the plants. Usually only takes like 5 min.

For the SW one, I just run supplies to the cannon. Takes about 3 min.

For the NW one, I destroy just the bad crops and then finish off with rats. You can also completely complete the heart with 34 of the items from the rats. Takes only a few min.

For the east WP one, I just kill fireflies until I get 34 of the items to turn in. Takes about 5 min.

The one south from the previous one is just annoying.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I'm fine with the burning crops heart; between burning the crops, destroying the tiny statues, and killing rats/Loyalists, it goes by quickly. The one with the Awakened spies, however, takes so darn long to get done. Even turning in the tasteless roots gets you barely any progress credit.

I think running from the crate by the heart to the supply drop does a lot more, though I've only done the heart a couple of times.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > I mostly burned crops, toppled statues and then I was done before I could even turn the rat meat in. (not to mention the numerous events.)

> >

> > It's like you skipped GW2 101 Heart Tasks.

>

> Burning infected crop only takes you to 70% or 80%.

>

> The problem with events for heart completion is that it is a hit or miss thing. If you happen to be there at the right time then great otherwise they might as well not exist as far as heart completion is concerned.

> Haven't looked at that specific heart to see how far it extends and what counts.

>

> The one that has the tasteless roots also allows killing inquest but you need beetle tier 2 to get into the room.

They are on a relatively short repeat in that specific area, but yeah in the core tyria maps that is definitely true.

I dunno, maybe I dont overly focus on the time spend, I just look for events and easy things to do and do them preferably alogside the story. The rats aren't overly friendly for more than one player, but theres several other tasks you can do instead.

And as far as menial tasks go, pretty much every heart is about those.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > You guys are exaggerating. There are enough ways to get that particular heart done. ;)

>

> I agree. I didn't even bother with the ambients. (I presumed they wouldn't count for much progress, so went looking at whether other stuff would.)

Yeah. I just tested it and the quickest way to complete that heart is by picking up the supply from the crate next to the vendor and then bringing it to the supply drop. It's even quicker if you use the teleport device that we got from the previous episode. No need to even rely on the ambients.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > What's wrong with killing the small animals?

>

> I am not the pied piper, I am a the commander, killing rats is below me.

This map has a literal quest to kill ten rats. It seems self-aware, but since there's no subversion of the trope, it comes across as more of a cry for help.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > What's wrong with killing the small animals?

> >

> > I am not the pied piper, I am a the commander, killing rats is below me.

>

> This map has a literal quest to kill ten rats. It seems self-aware, but since there's no subversion of the trope, it comes across as more of a cry for help.

It is actually 11 :)

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > What's wrong with killing the small animals?

> > >

> > > I am not the pied piper, I am a the commander, killing rats is below me.

> >

> > This map has a literal quest to kill ten rats. It seems self-aware, but since there's no subversion of the trope, it comes across as more of a cry for help.

>

> It is actually 11 :)

I've met a 12th, which surprised me -- I thought that 11th was hysterical. (Mind you, no one else in my guild seemed to think it was funny at all, so I'm not the best judge.)

>! * There's Tenrat (presumably @"Kheldorn.5123"'s 11th)

>! * Twelverat

>! * And maybe there's Elevenrat too.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I'm fine with the burning crops heart; between burning the crops, destroying the tiny statues, and killing rats/Loyalists, it goes by quickly. The one with the Awakened spies, however, takes so darn long to get done. Even turning in the tasteless roots gets you barely any progress credit.

Heh, the inquest in the tunnels count as spies, and you get turret pieces and lots of spare parts. This is one of the better hearts. I didn't find out until I'd done it once with roots and small spies too.

> I mostly burned crops, toppled statues and then I was done before I could even turn the rat meat in. (not to mention the numerous events.)

>

It seems like the loyalists in the nearby cave should be giving xp for that heart too, but they were giving no xp at all, no drops, and no karma item. I read in the patch notes they fixed some problems like that, will check shortly.