Banners, do you wear them

its been bugging me for a while, but while i think the designs are cool on their own, banners always look so unwieldy or illogical to wear, do any of you guys wear your banners? and if you do, dont you feel it breaks immersion when you do a dodge roll with a giant fin on your back.

I feel they would look so much better in your home instance , a lot of them are pretty complex to get and do require you to get really involved in both story and the new maps, i think showing them off in my home instance would be so much cooler imo

Unwieldy maybe. Not illogical to wear though. They remind me of [sashimono](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono) which were banners worn by the Japanese during battles in the medieval times. I’ve worn gw2 banners a few times. They’re no more unwieldy really than giant wings on your back and giant wings are just as immersion breaking during dodge rolls or any other strenuous activity.

Nope none of my characters wear them, neither do they wear wings or any other bulky type of backpack, I prefer more elegant type of backs, like the fractal capacitor for example, imo probably the best back in the game visually, I wish we had more backs like that one because I feel these overgrown backpacks look ridiculous.

I don't use any large back piece with the exception of Warbringer maybe because I ususally run around with a shield or greatsword and like the aesthetic of having them on my back. In the case of shield it's jarring to see the backpack disappear and magically reappear when wielding my shield. I mean, I get it, but I don't like the look of that happening.

Personally I would rather all the banners to not be backpacks bust instead be hung up in my Home Instance, I’m never going to wear a banner backpack because it just looks super out of place for battlefield/adventuring equipment, however I would love to collect them and hang them up on display!

I wouldn't rule it out if it suited one of my characters, but at the moment none of them do and I think it's unlikely I'll ever use them on any of the 11 I currently have.

I also don't like the way many of the banners clip through your characters body when they move. Clipping doesn't always bother me, but that does.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I also don't like the way many of the banners clip through your characters body when they move. Clipping doesn't always bother me, but that does.

yup, this frustrates me so much, im big on fashion wars, and a clipping backpack can be a nightmare

Banners are an off/on interest for me. It really just depends on the mood I'm in. More often than not, I don't wear banners because it doesn't fit well with the character's look I'm using. Sometimes I will, because I love the idea of banners as a whole and wearable banners are fantastic for non-warriors (and for warriors who don't want to use banner skills).

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> Personally I would rather all the banners to not be backpacks bust instead be hung up in my Home Instance, I’m never going to wear a banner backpack because it just looks super out of place for battlefield/adventuring equipment, however I would love to collect them and hang them up on display!

I like this idea, although I would also like proper player housing to go along with it.

The three main characters I play all run with 2H weapons on their backs, so nope, no room for visible back pieces.

At one point I looked at crafting a quiver for my Ranger, which would sit nicely on her back next to her LB. Problem is though, her ponytail clips right through it.

Sigh fashion wars problems.

Maybe one day I'll play a prof that runs sword/focus or something, and they can pick from the dozen or so back piece skins I have :)

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> On the other hand being in the home instance would be an even bigger waste of time.

personally i think its a better use in the home instance, as u can invite people to ur home, but u cant showcase your wardrobe, so having all ur banners in ur wardrobe never to be worn, is wasted effort on both the player and designers standpoint

> @"Zarghoul.5687" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > On the other hand being in the home instance would be an even bigger waste of time.

>

> personally i think its a better use in the home instance, as u can invite people to ur home, but u cant showcase your wardrobe, so having all ur banners in ur wardrobe never to be worn, is wasted effort on both the player and designers standpoint

Back item is still a usable item. Something possibly worth making.

> @"Zarghoul.5687" said:

> its been bugging me for a while, but while i think the designs are cool on their own, banners always look so unwieldy or illogical to wear, do any of you guys wear your banners? and if you do, dont you feel it breaks immersion when you do a dodge roll with a giant fin on your back.

>

> I feel they would look so much better in your home instance , a lot of them are pretty complex to get and do require you to get really involved in both story and the new maps, i think showing them off in my home instance would be so much cooler imo

Several of them look pretty darn good when people run around with them. The Charr, most of all, show them to advantage. They also have [some historical precedent](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono) and all...

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> Several of them look pretty darn good when people run around with them. The Charr, most of all, show them to advantage. They also have [some historical precedent](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono) and all...

dont worry im aware of the real world historical uses, but in this game, with the way your abilities or armour can cause the banners to clip, it just seems like they could be implemented a lot more thoughtfully