Please Fix Wyvren Matriarch Spawn timer.

For the past couple of months I have been farming flax in Verdant Brink on a daily basis, and sometimes I happen to be there during the Night Meta. I, like many others go for the Matriarch for a variety of reasons (easiest boss , unorganized map etc). So when I take that copter up into the canopy there is always a small group of people camping that event and often it is killed within 2 minutes because it seems to spawn too early, before the copters even land. Now I dont have a problem with people parking toons there, but I would like to see the spawn time adjusted properly to give more time to people on the ground to get there.

all the bosses spawn around 20:35, sometimes already dead by the time chopped took me up, super annoying at times

the ideal change is to make the spawn mechanic base on chopper landing, if no meta was done at the ground point for the chopper to land, the corresponding boss will not spawn

easier change is to move the amalgamated gemstone from bosses' loot table into map participation reward if all 5 bosses are killed, this will bring VB in line with other HoT maps, where amalgamated gemstone is rewarded at the end of meta.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> all the bosses spawn around 20:35,

In VB? It's :10 after the hour.

to @"X T D.6458"'s point: it does seem that _in some instances_, the matriarch spawns at :09 instead and that's worth adjusting. But what exactly is wrong with people waiting for an easy boss to spawn? folks do that with KQ among other fights, too.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > all the bosses spawn around 20:35,

> In VB? It's :10 after the hour.

as in the night-time timer countdown from 40:00; bosses spawns around 20 min 35 sec left on night-time meta clock

choppers land at defending points when there's 20 min left, **IF** the point was defended during meta

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> all the bosses spawn around 20:35, sometimes already dead by the time chopped took me up, super annoying at times

>

> the ideal change is to make the spawn mechanic base on chopper landing, if no meta was done at the ground point for the chopper to land, the corresponding boss will not spawn

> easier change is to move the amalgamated gemstone from bosses' loot table into map participation reward if all 5 bosses are killed, this will bring VB in line with other HoT maps, where amalgamated gemstone is rewarded at the end of meta.

Not quite. In AB you don't even need to participate at all. Just need to show up in a successful instance. It is a lower requirement than VB.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > all the bosses spawn around 20:35,

> In VB? It's :10 after the hour.

>

> to @"X T D.6458"'s point: it does seem that _in some instances_, the matriarch spawns at :09 instead and that's worth adjusting. But what exactly is wrong with people waiting for an easy boss to spawn? folks do that with KQ among other fights, too.

Well like I said, I dont have an issue with people waiting on the actual event or parking toons there. I should probably change the title to reflect that to avoid confusion. I just want to see the timing tweaked so the copters and boss events sync up better and give enough time for people on the ground to actually get to the event before its done so quickly.

I am doing Mat daily, for the past 8+ months. I have never, EVER seen a kill within 20 secs (thats the difference between being in the canopy camping the spot, and the time it takes choppers to land). At worst, it was at 60% health when I went up there. Cant see what the issue is. You just get to pact encampment wp at 20:30 , and thats it

Just go to the Nobles WP few minutes before the spawn, get the springer and jump to the canopy. WP - > going bit up via the road -> jump on the vines -> go up as you would go to the HP -> jump over x2 -> updraft -> small updraft -> updraft -> you are on the platform. 2 mins and you are there...

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > all the bosses spawn around 20:35, sometimes already dead by the time chopped took me up, super annoying at times

> >

> > the ideal change is to make the spawn mechanic base on chopper landing, if no meta was done at the ground point for the chopper to land, the corresponding boss will not spawn

> > easier change is to move the amalgamated gemstone from bosses' loot table into map participation reward if all 5 bosses are killed, this will bring VB in line with other HoT maps, where amalgamated gemstone is rewarded at the end of meta.

>

> Not quite. In AB you don't even need to participate at all. Just need to show up in a successful instance. It is a lower requirement than VB.

AB meta needs to finish before you can access the loot room, VB = 1min amalgamated gemstone

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> I am doing Mat daily, for the past 8+ months. I have never, EVER seen a kill within 20 secs (thats the difference between being in the canopy camping the spot, and the time it takes choppers to land). At worst, it was at 60% health when I went up there. Cant see what the issue is. You just get to pact encampment wp at 20:30 , and thats it

that's basically what i do these days, just park my toon at the platform before log off

there are times when i forget to park my toon there and no chopper because no one did the ground meta, by the time i get there from Mellaggan's Valor Waypoint it's already dead, and left with 4 bosses no one is doing because everyone runs off to do TD meta; I want to pinch myself, why forgetting to park my toon?!

The timer is more or less fixed at :09 actually, give or take a few sec. The chopper, on the other hand, does not have a fixed timer, except that the earliest it can spawn is after the camp was defended or recaptured, which is also slightly after mat spawns.

If you defend the camp on time, like others said, mat will be weakened, which is a very good thing for BOTH the campers and the capturers, why? Because if the zerg is there from time 0, you will be fighting matriarch for 10min. If the zerg gives the campers that precious 30sec headstart, you only need to scratch the last 30% or so

If you start capturing after :09 when mat spawns, then it is likely a waste of your time, and you should use that time capturing pat's or one of the others.

Basically, if you didn't camp and don't know the other way up, defend the rally point.

(And mat 100% with zerg is usually more troublesome than frogs, based on my experience)

> @"Sarge shot Grif.6450" said:

> All the bosses need 'determined' for roughly the time it takes for choppers to land and for players to use them + 10 seconds. That's how I'd fix it.

That is probably the worst possible approach. If this is considered a problem the only thing that should be done is delay the spawn time. Not spawn an invincible enemy for no reason.

Technically speaking this isn't an issue with mat, but with all VB bosses, just only observed with mat cus everyone camps its spawn (i still don't know why people hate axemaster gwyillion considering like 2-3 mesmers with only half of their ccs can break its bar for a huge zerg, at this point i'm not even sure whether the bar doesn't scale or it barely adds any defiance per person).

Seems a relatively simple fix to make them spawn just a few seconds later than they already do, though it's not really a big loss if it's somehow impossible tbh. My computer is pretty slow loading and i can still run to mat via wp -> camp -> glide and it's rarely under 50% by the time i get there.

As a small note, all VB bosses can be killed in about 2-3 mins except for tetrad (skill + familiarity dependent on this one - it can still be killed in about 2 mins, but a lot of people who don't know how to deal with especially spellmaster slows it down dramatically) and patriarch (always takes at least 6 mins due to egg throwing phase).