A New Race.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I believe it has been made very clear that they refuse to grant us access to new playable races mainly for the effort involved to add them

That's an awkward use of the word, "refuse." They have decided that adding a new race isn't the best use of resources. That's a business strategy decision, not a refusal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I believe it has been made very clear that they refuse to grant us access to new playable races mainly for the effort involved to add them

> That's an awkward use of the word, "refuse." They have decided that adding a new race isn't the best use of resources. That's a business strategy decision, not a refusal.

>

>

And "grant access". Makes it sound as if they already have a new race in the game but are purposely withholding it from the players...!

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > I believe it has been made very clear that they refuse to grant us access to new playable races mainly for the effort involved to add them

> > That's an awkward use of the word, "refuse." They have decided that adding a new race isn't the best use of resources. That's a business strategy decision, not a refusal.

> >

> >

>

> And "grant access". Makes it sound as if they already have a new race in the game but are purposely withholding it from the players...!

Good point.

ANet considered the idea of a new race, more than once. And, after reflecting, they chose to offer more "everything else" instead of more "just this one thing" (with all its interesting bells & whistles).

To be clear: I always like playing non-human races (the more non-human, the better). So for me, a sixth such race in GW2 would be a lot of fun. All the same, it's clear that it's a very expensive luxury and I'm willing to go without to have more of the other aspects of the game.

> @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> I just wanna play a Skritt ;_;

>

> A new race would be awesome.

Every single living story I explore the new zone immediately in search of an Endless Skritt Combat Tonic (since every entry seems to add a new tonic at heart vendor) and I've still never found one. :(

> @"FrostyWaffle.4360" said:> I've been thinking about what if ANet made a new race but not as easy and simple to unlock, and I will explain how.> > Imagine an expansion in the future with a side story, in this side story there are collections, achievements and other tasks and missions which unsolves a mystery and reveal a species hidden for a long time and never found untill now, this could be a celestial, anomaly or a void theme race, it could be small like the Asura which I think would look really great, this could be a new race created in labs by asuras, for example find the spirit or the anomaly or something celestial or a void like part, so the asura can work on re-creating this race, a race which is new to the lore and unique but can only be unlocked by completing certian collections/achievements or so, I think this will add so many new ideas and expand guild wars universe even more we are locked on only 4 races, I think the community would love this I don't know I'd personally get really hyped if something like this gets official, anyhow please share your thoughts freely. =)

new NPC race would be fine, but new playable race is out of the question for Anet, they said new playable race will not bring diversity to gameplayThis is probably because how crap racial skills are, even when compared to base class skills.So really the races are just skins, you probably can hack your way to inject a different skin onto existing race locally on your machine if you are devoted enoughi.e. replace Sylvari with Elf, replace Norn's heads with Panda heads

In addition, the amount of extra work (=$$$) they in to put in* There is too much existing armor arts to upgrade* Create a brand new personal story (the narrative team just lost two members after the recent twitter drama)* Hiring of additional voice actors* The Devs are tied up on releasing new LW contents and gem store items, these 2 are the main features that will bring in the $$$ to keep the company afloat

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:> > @"FrostyWaffle.4360" said:> > I've been thinking about what if ANet made a new race but not as easy and simple to unlock, and I will explain how.> > > >I think this will add so many new ideas and expand guild wars universe **even more we are locked on only 4 races**, I think the community would >love this > > Wish granted! We have 5 races, not 4, so go find the one you are missing and enjoy it!A miscalculation like that never happened to anyone, I've played guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 every race and every class to max levels except engineer, so I could say I've had a fair taste of the game.> @"starlinvf.1358" said:> > @"FrostyWaffle.4360" said:> > A new race can create lore and more content if you are referring to story content, for example let's just take a Void or a Celestial bound human race where they were created by ancient magic in another dimension or something and the new expansion would be related to this dimension and you have to enter that place and start exploring and playing the story, don't you think something so new and never been added would be good? because tbh when i look at the desert and path of fire I get a flashback to guild wars 1 and I know that it's the lore but a new fresh story would be even better, now I can go on creating a lore which is irrelevant that's ANet's job but you see where I'm going with this, this can already add new skins related to Void for Weapons, Mounts, Armor etc.. and I haven't seen anything close to the void theme so far in Guild Wars or even a celestial like theme similiar to the legendary Twilight footsteps effect.> > > > And most importantly to not just add a new race and immediately start playing it, because that's just dull and boring IMO, adding a race with a backstory to it and lore and actually playing and experiencing this new lore is really fun.> > > > It is a hard and complex thing to start doing but the game has to grow and something new like this will grow this universe and create new things to explore which we've never seen before in GW.> > Which is a moot point once you realize the Commander is written to be Raceless, Genderless, and of no particular allegiance prior to the Pact and Dragon's watch. Without that link, you're still stuck with basic problem of explaining a whole new section of Lore that has to be crammed into an episodic method of story writing, while still having room for the overarching story thread. If movies and TV have taught us anything in the last 2 decades, that doesn't work. And of the things that do work, the perception comes from the main form of media at the time it was released. All the Starwars novels may as well not exist...... because the only things people are universally aware of comes from the movies. For us, GW1 players remember GW1.... but new players don't know jack. And there has been a lot of short hand being used from GW1 to not waste twice the amount of time trying to get new players completely caught up. Joko in LS4 worked, because the foundation for him was laid in the backdrop of POF. That didn't happen in LS3, and as a result, Balthazar not only came out of Left field, many of the new players thought him to be either no real personality or a bad parody of something in pop culture. > > > I problem I've been noticing is how sometimes its hard to separate the idea of a mechanic from that of a story. They can exist in synergy; but most often players present their ideas in terms of how it affects the game's mechanics, thinking that gives them the most weight. Mechanics have a huge price, made all the more expensive due to the nature of THIS engine. > > So consider the following...... objectively there are far more benefits to simply starting fresh and spending time to rebuild the engine to be forward adaptable, and make a whole new swath of content for it. But its also objectively not likely, because financial incentives trump pretty much everything else. WoW is 15 years old, and has many changes to it.... but its still basically the same game it always was. EvE Online is just as old, and has 2 additional games set in the EVE universe that are thematically coherent with the Main game, but fundamentally incompatible on a mechanical level (and they've tried very hard to make it that work). > > This game has hit the limit for its growth on Combat and Skills...... which is why both expansions build on movement and map exploration. To really fix combat and buildcraft, we'd have to throw out roughly half the mechanical systems that currently exist to make room for better ones. But what do you consider more important? Lore which doesn't directly interact with core gameplay, but can be built with less consequence. Or lore which plugs into the game's systems in order to expand it? And if its the latter.... whose gonna pay for it? And how long are you willing to wait for that to be made possible? You make a good point I must admit, I see what you're getting at I guess bottum line is that I just want something new in Guild wars 2 also a Tengu race would be nice I dont know what about you but I want more pve end game or atleast a long story> @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > @"FrostyWaffle.4360" said:> > I've been thinking about what if ANet made a new race but not as easy and simple to unlock, and I will explain how.> > > > Imagine an expansion in the future with a side story, in this side story there are collections, achievements and other tasks and missions which unsolves a mystery and reveal a species hidden for a long time and never found untill now, this could be a celestial, anomaly or a void theme race, it could be small like the Asura which I think would look really great, this could be a new race created in labs by asuras, for example find the spirit or the anomaly or something celestial or a void like part, so the asura can work on re-creating this race, a race which is new to the lore and unique but can only be unlocked by completing certian collections/achievements or so, I think this will add so many new ideas and expand guild wars universe even more we are locked on only 4 races, I think the community would love this I don't know I'd personally get really hyped if something like this gets official, anyhow please share your thoughts freely. =) >

> new NPC race would be fine, but new playable race is out of the question for Anet, they said new playable race will not bring diversity to gameplay> This is probably because how crap racial skills are, even when compared to base class skills.> So really the races are just skins, you probably can hack your way to inject a different skin onto existing race locally on your machine if you are devoted enough> i.e. replace Sylvari with Elf, replace Norn's heads with Panda heads>

> In addition, the amount of extra work (=$$$) they in to put in> * There is too much existing armor arts to upgrade> * Create a brand new personal story (the narrative team just lost two members after the recent twitter drama)> * Hiring of additional voice actors> * The Devs are tied up on releasing new LW contents and gem store items, these 2 are the main features that will bring in the $$$ to keep the company afloat> > > Also a good point well I just really hope they work on a very large expansion soon, but regarding gemstore that's no excuse since they just add old items now that jn my opinion is simply laziness I always check the gemstore on logon and I rarely see any new items> @"Forty Keks.9620" said:> > @"FrostyWaffle.4360" said:> > I've been thinking about what if ANet made a new race but not as easy and simple to unlock, and I will explain how.> > > > Imagine an expansion in the future with a side story, in this side story there are collections, achievements and other tasks and missions which unsolves a mystery and reveal a species hidden for a long time and never found untill now, this could be a celestial, anomaly or a void theme race, it could be small like the Asura which I think would look really great, this could be a new race created in labs by asuras, for example find the spirit or the anomaly or something celestial or a void like part, so the asura can work on re-creating this race, a race which is new to the lore and unique but can only be unlocked by completing certian collections/achievements or so, I think this will add so many new ideas and expand guild wars universe even more we are locked on only 4 races, I think the community would love this I don't know I'd personally get really hyped if something like this gets official, anyhow please share your thoughts freely. =) > > somebody has been stealing ideas from battle for azerothSteal? Why because I mentioned void? Ok so there is Void in Warframe, League of legends, movies shall I continue?, you can't steal an idea been used by so many countless games and movies before, Sharing an idea can be helpful for the devs to see how the community respond to that idea.

My point is that playing the same thing over and over again same idea same routine can get boring that's why I suggest a new fresh content and not content that is used from guild wars 1 it's nice to see the lore continue , like when i found who is ogden stonehealer was i got excited they could always do that but not too much since a new race is out of the picture there are other ideas that can actually give us that curiosity to play and find new things, I mean they already said there will be no new classes and now no new races then when and what do we get a new addition to guild wars ?

I'd like to see new races personally. Do they add to the story? No. Not like much lore has to be put into them. There is lore of existing races, Coming up with a new race for players doesn't really mean that we want some made up race to pop into existence. Current existing models of races with armor isn't entirely too hard to make, Bit more time consuming, Personal stories are lackluster, to begin with. I doubt much effort would be shoved into them since they're really only done for the first few levels. Seems like most voice lines aren't done at the same time and just combined to gather to give an illusion of a conversation with how disjointed some of the conversations go anyway and as I've been reaching HoT your character just speaks rather than those little cutscenes which would be easier to implement.

Also. While a new race would mostly just be cosmetic one of the things about this game is its cosmetics. A new race as a cosmetic would be nice. The most expansive part of a new race would most likely come from the animations with models that aren't built to use said animations yet. While many people here seem to not care so much. Quite a few will and play them. It would give more reason to add new things to the gem store for those races and themes. New races, classes or in this case specializations are selling points to an expansion hence gliders and mounts. But I would rather see a new race worked on slowly than being the sole focus of an expansion.

> @"Sol.3961" said:

> I'd like to see new races personally. Do they add to the story? No. Not like much lore has to be put into them. There is lore of existing races, Coming up with a new race for players doesn't really mean that we want some made up race to pop into existence. Current existing models of races with armor isn't entirely too hard to make, Bit more time consuming, Personal stories are lackluster, to begin with. I doubt much effort would be shoved into them since they're really only done for the first few levels. Seems like most voice lines aren't done at the same time and just combined to gather to give an illusion of a conversation with how disjointed some of the conversations go anyway and as I've been reaching HoT your character just speaks rather than those little cutscenes which would be easier to implement.

>

> Also. While a new race would mostly just be cosmetic one of the things about this game is its cosmetics. A new race as a cosmetic would be nice. The most expansive part of a new race would most likely come from the animations with models that aren't built to use said animations yet. While many people here seem to not care so much. Quite a few will and play them. It would give more reason to add new things to the gem store for those races and themes. New races, classes or in this case specializations are selling points to an expansion hence gliders and mounts. But I would rather see a new race worked on slowly than being the sole focus of an expansion.

This is exactly what I mean, I really hope this can impact ANet's decision for future updates and expansion regarding races I believe creating a new race with a new story and new content, will make the player base increase by a large number of new players and returning, this can be very benificial for ANet

You can look at games such as Warframe I also mentioned this before (Not trying to copy anything but I'm simply giving an example so you understand me)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> A new race is not going to happen.

>

> Just imagine having to re-do ALL THE VOICE LINES IN THE GAME, TWICE (one for each sex) of the new race.

They could simply ignore all previous stories for the new race, they'd start with a unique prologue, at the end of which they'd come join Dragon's Watch, and then you'd only have slightly more work moving forward as next living stories would need two additional voice actors, and few references to the race here and there. It's also worth noting that the NPCs refer to the playable character as the commander, so at the end of the prologue you could get the title of commander (not necessary from the Pact).

They did something similar with Nightfall and Factions where you could create a character from Elona or Cantha descendance, and in both instances they didn't have any link to Prophecies and would start in a unique area with a unique prologue, and then the story would be tied up to the one Prophecies characters had.

Moreover for people who think it'd need to add low levels area, it's not necessary the case, for instance the Tengu would start in the Dominion of Wind which is just next to the starting areas for the Humans and the Asura, and close to Lion's Arch so next to several mid-level area, same for the Kodan but with Norn and Charr starting areas.

The only issue I see is adapting the hundreds of armour models to the new race, even though I think Tengu share a similar skeleton than the one Charr have, we'd still have clipping amongst other issues.

Ultimately does it add anything to the game, not really in my opinion, but it has appeal for some people. I'd rather see better content across all game modes, but it's definitely something they could do.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> Which is a moot point once you realize the Commander is written to be Raceless, Genderless, and of no particular allegiance prior to the Pact and Dragon's watch. Without that link, you're still stuck with basic problem of explaining a whole new section of Lore that has to be crammed into an episodic method of story writing, while still having room for the overarching story thread. If movies and TV have taught us anything in the last 2 decades, that doesn't work. And of the things that do work, the perception comes from the main form of media at the time it was released. All the Starwars novels may as well not exist...... because the only things people are universally aware of comes from the movies. For us, GW1 players remember GW1.... but new players don't know jack. And there has been a lot of short hand being used from GW1 to not waste twice the amount of time trying to get new players completely caught up. Joko in LS4 worked, because the foundation for him was laid in the backdrop of POF. That didn't happen in LS3, and as a result, Balthazar not only came out of Left field, many of the new players thought him to be either no real personality or a bad parody of something in pop culture.

>

>

> I problem I've been noticing is how sometimes its hard to separate the idea of a mechanic from that of a story. They can exist in synergy; but most often players present their ideas in terms of how it affects the game's mechanics, thinking that gives them the most weight. Mechanics have a huge price, made all the more expensive due to the nature of THIS engine.

>

> So consider the following...... objectively there are far more benefits to simply starting fresh and spending time to rebuild the engine to be forward adaptable, and make a whole new swath of content for it. But its also objectively not likely, because financial incentives trump pretty much everything else. WoW is 15 years old, and has many changes to it.... but its still basically the same game it always was. EvE Online is just as old, and has 2 additional games set in the EVE universe that are thematically coherent with the Main game, but fundamentally incompatible on a mechanical level (and they've tried very hard to make it that work).

>

> This game has hit the limit for its growth on Combat and Skills...... which is why both expansions build on movement and map exploration. To really fix combat and buildcraft, we'd have to throw out roughly half the mechanical systems that currently exist to make room for better ones. But what do you consider more important? Lore which doesn't directly interact with core gameplay, but can be built with less consequence. Or lore which plugs into the game's systems in order to expand it? And if its the latter.... whose gonna pay for it? And how long are you willing to wait for that to be made possible?

Anet is known to never cram lore into already existing lore, and their lore intrusions always make perfect sense.

It´s not like the Revenant class was later added as commander with Rytlock being a warrior in that story up until he met Glint in the mists and became the first Revenant...oh...

If you want to stay with SW, Disney already paid the price for their lore shenanigans, just look at Solo to see what I mean. It sits at 283 of the most grossing films, that´s a disaster for a modern Star Wars movie. SW 7 did extraordinarily well, it sits at Nr. 3, but SW 8 only made it on Nr. 11. Still very good, but a difference of nearly 800! Million dollars. So SW7 did not bring new people to the franchise, it did not act as a must see beacon for SW fans. I am pretty sure that SW9 will also earn less then SW8 for the same reason(and social warrior agenda issues).

Studios pretend that they do not have to care about the die hard fans and can write and produce nonsense all the time because there people will stay with them whatever the cost, but they are obviously wrong with that.

People have been crying out for a "new race", but time and time again, this has been demonstrated as not a viable option content-wise. I propose an alternative.

It is well within ANet's ability to create minigames, "quest" activities, and Adventures that feature other races/species and their unique abilities and skills. We already have many examples of this, such as: the various "transform" quests, the Caithe missions, and the GW1 Hearts of the North content. Perhaps, instead of asking for entire new games' worth of content, we should consider and hammer out possibilities for limited, self-contained content featuring "alternate" playables... "games within the game", as it were. A co-op mission featuring a band of Skritt that must stay close together, an underwater hunt mission for a group of Largos, a scavenger hunt or temple challenge for some Kodan... among other ideas. With the right setup and a bit of creativity, it may even be possible to have a limited version of character creation for said alternates.

> @"Sol.3961" said:

> I'd like to see new races personally. Do they add to the story? No. Not like much lore has to be put into them. There is lore of existing races, Coming up with a new race for players doesn't really mean that we want some made up race to pop into existence. Current existing models of races with armor isn't entirely too hard to make, Bit more time consuming, Personal stories are lackluster, to begin with. I doubt much effort would be shoved into them since they're really only done for the first few levels. Seems like most voice lines aren't done at the same time and just combined to gather to give an illusion of a conversation with how disjointed some of the conversations go anyway and as I've been reaching HoT your character just speaks rather than those little cutscenes which would be easier to implement.

>

> Also. While a new race would mostly just be cosmetic one of the things about this game is its cosmetics. A new race as a cosmetic would be nice. The most expansive part of a new race would most likely come from the animations with models that aren't built to use said animations yet. While many people here seem to not care so much. Quite a few will and play them. It would give more reason to add new things to the gem store for those races and themes. New races, classes or in this case specializations are selling points to an expansion hence gliders and mounts. But I would rather see a new race worked on slowly than being the sole focus of an expansion.

All of the armor skins for every weight would have to be checked, or the race suffers from the charr problem where tons of the skins look weird, or have horrible clipping. A new race requires more than just letting us play that race. You have to worry about clipping, combat actions, mount (now), and lots of other things. I would rather they fix the charr problem before introducing a new race. I would also rather them work new stories for LS episodes, and beyond. Where are we going from here now that we can't kill the things trying to eliminate us? I don't know, let's put money into that, and not a new person skin, so we don't end up with a comic book villain like the tangent Joko again.

> @"Dantert.1803" said:

> TENGU TENGU TENGU TENGU TENGU...TENGU....Choya

Skritt! A skritt! Oh, it's s skritt! It's a TENGU TENGU TENGU TENGU TENGU...

The old stuff is getting old. I want new stuff. Not just Living World chapters and hokey pokey gimmick-ridden bosses and outrageously priced mount skins, which, by the way, we'll never ever have in this game. Mounts, that is. Never. There's no need for them. So, no. No mounts. Ahem. I want new races, new professions, new weapons, new armors, new places to go where our characters have never been. I don't care if it's a lot of work. That's why they are there: to work! On this game.

Just do it. Heck, maybe they are just doing it, right now, even as we speak. That would be shiny.

Race doesn't matter for many things in GW2. You get a different look on your char and I know and apreciate FashionWars a lot. You get a new city(I don't see them that often, I'm either not there doing something else or I'm in a hub like the elon lilly). You get a new set of cultural armor/weapons (again ok for FashionWars but obtainable through other means if it's just amount X of new skins). You get a new story maybe, a personal story that starts some time after HoT/PoF and ties in to Exp ANet would sell with the new race (fine by me, but we and would get new story anyway with Xpac3 and LS5). Maybe a New starter Zone, that could be neat, on the other hand new maps could be introduced w/o a new race attached to it.

Now. What would adding a new race achieve besides a new character moidel, that can only be achieved by implementing a new race into the game? What do you hope for in this addition to the game? I'm asking a serious question because I've been thinking about this. adding a new race means lots of busy work and stuff we as players can't even think of that adds to the visible/audible stuff. I'm curious if players would be willing to sacrifice content for a new playable race, rather than having ANet spend all ressources into creating maps, stories, skins, items without having to implement a new race along with it?

I think about HoT, where they added all the things players expected from an expansion: maps, story, elites, systems like masteries, gliding, crafting plus they added the revenant, a new class and they were apperantly working on it for a while. How did it turn out? The story felt rushed and we know parts have been scrapped close to release because there just wasn't enough time to do it justice. Rev still needs fixes to be just on par with other classes. I'm not talking about dps or viability here, I'm talking about basic things like not having acces to racial skills or not being able to use more legends under water(HoT was released w/o UW content in mind so they didn't think about it during designing the rev). I can imagine how adding a new race, and let's assume a new race would come with a city and a starter map, would draw many resources off of other worthwhile projects.

I think there should be a whole new category on this forum right under Professions dealing with New Races. It seems that every week there is a new thread, the same races keep being brought up and the same arguments for and against.

I have my own ideas on the subject, but since no race has an advantage over any other in the end it really doesn't matter what you look like.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Race doesn't matter for many things in GW2. You get a different look on your char and I know and apreciate FashionWars a lot. You get a new city(I don't see them that often, I'm either not there doing something else or I'm in a hub like the elon lilly). You get a new set of cultural armor/weapons (again ok for FashionWars but obtainable through other means if it's just amount X of new skins). You get a new story maybe, a personal story that starts some time after HoT/PoF and ties in to Exp ANet would sell with the new race (fine by me, but we and would get new story anyway with Xpac3 and LS5). Maybe a New starter Zone, that could be neat, on the other hand new maps could be introduced w/o a new race attached to it.

>

> Now. What would adding a new race achieve besides a new character moidel, that can only be achieved by implementing a new race into the game? What do you hope for in this addition to the game? I'm asking a serious question because I've been thinking about this. adding a new race means lots of busy work and stuff we as players can't even think of that adds to the visible/audible stuff. I'm curious if players would be willing to sacrifice content for a new playable race, rather than having ANet spend all ressources into creating maps, stories, skins, items without having to implement a new race along with it?

>

> I think about HoT, where they added all the things players expected from an expansion: maps, story, elites, systems like masteries, gliding, crafting plus they added the revenant, a new class and they were apperantly working on it for a while. How did it turn out? The story felt rushed and we know parts have been scrapped close to release because there just wasn't enough time to do it justice. Rev still needs fixes to be just on par with other classes. I'm not talking about dps or viability here, I'm talking about basic things like not having acces to racial skills or not being able to use more legends under water(HoT was released w/o UW content in mind so they didn't think about it during designing the rev). I can imagine how adding a new race, and let's assume a new race would come with a city and a starter map, would draw many resources off of other worthwhile projects.

The rushed qtate of hot was due to very little development time (one year if i remember correctly compared to 2 years for pof) and inexperience.

But even with that in mind adding a new race would take to much work

> @"Doggie.3184" said:

> The alternative already exists, but only for Kodans. Need more combat tonics.

I'd actually hope for outfits at this point.

Can't mount with a tonic. Can't re-color a tonic.

What *can* be done is for outfits to override body parts (ex: Lich outfit), and those can be colored, at least to a small degree.

Sure, it's not the full experience, but it's the closest we can get without a *huge* amount of work invested.

I think a new Race would be good for:

1: Bringing back old players and give them "a reason" to start from scratch. (kind of)

2. New Players feel like they cant catch up after all these years. A new Race could help because a lot of ppl would start again.

Btw please remove lvl 80boost and birthday lvl boost, lvl boost tomes. Skipping the whole game is just stupid. Let us salvage those boost into magic find boosts and give magic find boosters instead in the future..

A new Race should start in the actual time Setting (after Balthasar, possible in the story oif the next Expansion) and use a different Story-Introduction than the other 5.

Tengu is by far my favorite, scritt and Zentaur are good options as well :)

Btw Anet should make races more important. Like more Racism between them (why the fuck do charr not attack humans in this sequel?!).

At the moment races are just determining the look of a character and the story in the beginning. Racial skills are useless and the environment and pvp does not care at all :/

> @"Flowerpower.6795" said:

> Btw Anet should make races more important. Like more Racism between them (why the kitten do charr not attack humans in this sequel?!).

Because the strongest allies are ones with a common enemy (like a giant dragon that's gonna cause botg species to go extinct.)

> At the moment races are just determining the look of a character and the story in the beginning. (...) pvp does not care at all :/

Good