Player Invaders PKing in Fractals/Raids

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> Not sure if this idea has been brought up, but would it be possible to have other players invade fractal/raid instances to player kill like dark souls? I would think this would add spice to these game modes.

People already struggle in PUG's with Fractal Executioners, imagine them against real players, Lol

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> If I could bomb players at teq; I would probably camp it day in day out.

>

> I'd collect all the tears and create a new ocean.

And that is exactly why there's no such option. It's not like we haven't more than enough griefers at teq already.

Hint: for the most part, the only people wanting PvP in PvE are the ones wanting to do the griefing. Not the ones that would get griefed.

> Yes, this will need to be separate game mode, but for all we care, can be a copy-paste of existing fractals with summoned player enemies.

> More loot for players that finish successfully, and more loot if the player manages killing the fractal runners.

Ahh - Added risk/reward thing... I doubt this would ever be on Anet's list of nice things to do because:

1. Will need more in-game mod presence to resolve PvWhatever complaints

2. Separate game-mode with extra rewards = Red resign v. 2? (see 1)

3. Not forcing PvP in PvE env. is one of the few remaining holy GW cows.

4. Outside Eve (where forced PvP was always builtin) name ONE (NA/EU based) MMO that raised earnings by adding forced PvP?

Sorry - I am sure you feel this has a lot of potential but in reality it won't happen. Why not play one of the games that were built for public dungeons/openworld PvP? (OK they are mostly deserted... See pt. 4 above.)

> > @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > Wouldn't that basically turn it into a PvP match? Since those already have additional win conditions alongside killing other players.

> > > >

> > > > I guess it could work as an optional extra game-mode. So you choose a PvP Fractal instead of a normal one and then your party is in the map along with another party and you can fight each other while going through it. Not something I'd ever want to do, but maybe some people would enjoy it. Although they'd have to redesign all the Fractals to add a second spawn point and maybe additional paths, otherwise you'd just be on top of each other all the time.

> > >

> > > Not necessarily, it's still PVE at core. Just some random invader will show up unexpectedly to try and kill off uncooperative players, kind of like left 4 dead.

> > >

> > > A separate game mode would work, i'm sure people would be interested.

> >

> > If it has PvP, it's a PvP mode. PvE doesn't have enemy players.

> >

> > I guess as a separate gamemode it at least wouldn't create a kitten storm since players can ignore it. But if you turn a PvE mode into a PvP mode, you can expect all relevant social media to be on fire.

> >

> > GW2 draws a clear line between PvE and PvP. People have come to like this separation. There are enough games out there that have some sort of PK and it usually devolves into a fest for grievers and toxicity.

>

> Pve can work with PvP, Left 4 dead and dark souls did it pretty well.

>

> Yes, this will need to be separate game mode, but for all we care, can be a copy-paste of existing fractals with summoned player enemies.

> More loot for players that finish successfully, and more loot if the player manages killing the fractal runners.

If it has PvP, then for most PvE players that I know it would not be seen as a PvE mode.

> Not sure if this idea has been brought up, but would it be possible to have other players invade fractal/raid instances to player kill like dark souls? I would think this would add spice to these game modes.

If your preferred spice is hemlock, sure. For those actually trying to raid or fractal, how would this make things more fun?

Not sure if OP's idea had been put down, but would it be possible to have this idea Destroyed!

Want something like "Dark Soul", log out GW2, and go play "Dark Soul" that how to spice things up.

Beside, there are already WvW and PvP. Do the OP not familiar with the game modes!???

People "CHOOSE" to play PvE because they dont want to do anything involving Players vs Players combat. They have a solid set of mind.