Tremor Armadillo skin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > There's something off putting with the eyes, they don't seem fitting for me. But to each their own, will hold my gems for something I like more.

>

> What’s wrong with the eyes? They look perfectly round to me. [see!](https://i.redd.it/avbunxev46911.png)

Well, I guess I won't be sleeping tonight.

> @"fizzypetal.7936" said:

> The dredge have machines to travel in. With that in mind, can we have a Harley Davidsonesque Trike Beetle Skin? The Beetle being the fat 'front tire' so to speak? Harley Beetleson would be a pretty epic mount in my world... :D

Yes, please.

We need a tire where the beetle is. Anything to get that Bike look

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > There's something off putting with the eyes, they don't seem fitting for me. But to each their own, will hold my gems for something I like more.

>

> What’s wrong with the eyes? They look perfectly round to me. [see!](https://i.redd.it/avbunxev46911.png)

Hmm. Apparently there is an inscription on the eyeballs...

It's gr8 they brought out an anti bug skin but the many I know never really use the beetle. We all agree as with most on this thread just doesn't warrant 2k gems. But keep up with the anti bugs and maybe I'll invest in the skin and actually use the bug one day.

Anet should rename it to pangolin, bring attention to this very cute animal and teach people about an animal they probably haven't heard of. it can't hurt to spread the word. pangolins are killed a lot for their scales and other body parts, maybe teaching the players there is a lovely animal called the pangolin can help spread awareness ( people might be interested in googling what a pangolin is and about the trafficking, someone might do something, who knows)

> @"DigitalFlower.7896" said:

> Anet should rename it to pangolin, bring attention to this very cute animal and teach people about an animal they probably haven't heard of. it can't hurt to spread the word. pangolins are killed a lot for their scales and other body parts, maybe teaching the players there is a lovely animal called the pangolin can help spread awareness ( people might be interested in googling what a pangolin is and about the trafficking, someone might do something, who knows)

The pangolin deserves way more love and attention than it currently gets. <3

> Anet should rename it to pangolin, bring attention to this very cute animal and teach people about an animal they probably haven't heard of. it can't hurt to spread the word. pangolins are killed a lot for their scales and other body parts, maybe teaching the players there is a lovely animal called the pangolin can help spread awareness ( people might be interested in googling what a pangolin is and about the trafficking, someone might do something, who knows)

Rhinos being known worldwide hasn't stopped the Chinese medicine market from hunting them to extinction.

that's why i said it can't hurt, i might not do a difference at all if you mention it and people get to know the pangolin, but it certainly will do nothing if people don't know about the animal :/ at the very least, naming it pangolin, will make some people, even if it is just one person, go google it and find out about this lovely animal. so make some people learn about something they didn't know?

To get others started, here is a Nature video I caught at the end of May on WVIZ/PBS/Ideastream:

* https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jp91i

> **Nature** - The World's Most Wanted Animal

> Season 36 Episode 16 | 52m 59s

>

> Join conservationist Maria Diekmann in the crusade to save pangolins, the most trafficked animal in the world. Learn more about these scaly yet endearing mammals whose basic biology remains a mystery, hampering conservation efforts.

I encourage others not familiar with the animal to consider watching it. It also includes daily life of a baby pangolin as it grows (and gets into hi-jinks) as the conservationist in the film cares for them first-hand and learns things about them each day that no one in the world knew about them prior to her raising it.

Remember the last time ANet tried naming a mount using a word they weren't familiar with? I believe we ended up with a mount that translated into "mountain goat meat!"

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"DigitalFlower.7896" said:

> > Anet should rename it to pangolin, bring attention to this very cute animal and teach people about an animal they probably haven't heard of. it can't hurt to spread the word. pangolins are killed a lot for their scales and other body parts, maybe teaching the players there is a lovely animal called the pangolin can help spread awareness ( people might be interested in googling what a pangolin is and about the trafficking, someone might do something, who knows)

>

> Remember the last time ANet tried naming a mount using a word they weren't familiar with? I believe we ended up with a mount that translated into "mountain goat meat!"

True, but in this case, pangolin is pretty appropriate since it actually looks more like a pangolin than an armadillo.

Oi! I like armadillo as much as the next guy, but with as underappreciated as pangolin are stateside, I am absolutely *delighted* to have a pangolin mount; Sure, change the name, but please, please, *do NOT* advocate changing it *into* an armadillo. I don't mind waiting for an actual armadillo.

Great job, Anet, I'm actually happy with this one.

> @"Arbonasty.6953" said:

> Oi! I like armadillo as much as the next guy, but with as underappreciated as pangolin are stateside, I am absolutely *delighted* to have a pangolin mount; Sure, change the name, but please, please, *do NOT* advocate changing it *into* an armadillo. I don't mind waiting for an actual armadillo.

>

> Great job, Anet, I'm actually happy with this one.

Pangolins are one of my favorite animals and have been since I was a little little kid. I think they should make an armadillo one as well, because why not both! =)

But fer sure, keep this pangolin a pangolin, maybe it will help raise awareness for them.

I still want the charr bike, but I'll be honest. I HATE the bug. (It's a giant, mutated parasite, people!) So, I got this.

Still want the charr bke, though. I'll buy that too, same price, as long as it looks good. I'll even forgive some asura tech or norn craftsmanship thrown in on it.