How did you decide on your profile picture?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love skritt and their voices and dialogs. They made me laugh many times - in my opinion the best lower race in the game so far. I tried to get everything related to them, like every mini, even the glitter bomb harvesting tool - because of the skritt. So a skritt profile pic was just the logical consequence - was glad it came.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> I have always used the default avatar since I can't have a custom one and it's a dragon. Trogdor was a man. I mean, he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. Trogdor!!

I had originally retained the default icon due to being unable to use one that I choose as well.

After a while I saw this one:

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027239/uploads/avatarstock/p2J99YBHKNXYI.png "")

I decided to use it as I really like this combination of green hues and black, the scything split of the Z/backward S, and the circular 'portal-like' aspect of its design as I have a strong affinity with symmetry and curves/spheres.

It wasn't until just recently that I realized that it is the profession icon for the ~~revenant or something~~ Scourge (thanks, IC).

~~I can see some kind of relationship between the portal-like design and the revenant and the mists, however, what two sickle-looking blades with handles and the letter 'Z' has to do with the revenant I haven't a clue.~~

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > I have always used the default avatar since I can't have a custom one and it's a dragon. Trogdor was a man. I mean, he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. Trogdor!!

>

> I had originally retained the default icon due to being unable to use one that I choose as well.

>

> After a while I saw this one:

> ![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027239/uploads/avatarstock/p2J99YBHKNXYI.png "")

>

> I decided to use it as I really like this combination of green hues and black, the scything split of the Z/backward S, and the circular 'portal-like' aspect of its design as I have a strong affinity with symmetry and curves/spheres.

>

> It wasn't until just recently that I realized that it is the profession icon for the revenant or something.

> I can see some kind of relationship between the portal-like design and the revenant and the mists, however, what two sickle-looking blades with handles and the letter 'Z' has to do with the revenant I haven't a clue.

It's not a Revenant icon, but a Necromancer (Scourge) icon.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > I have always used the default avatar since I can't have a custom one and it's a dragon. Trogdor was a man. I mean, he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. Trogdor!!

> >

> > I had originally retained the default icon due to being unable to use one that I choose as well.

> >

> > After a while I saw this one:

> > ![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027239/uploads/avatarstock/p2J99YBHKNXYI.png "")

> >

> > I decided to use it as I really like this combination of green hues and black, the scything split of the Z/backward S, and the circular 'portal-like' aspect of its design as I have a strong affinity with symmetry and curves/spheres.

> >

> > It wasn't until just recently that I realized that it is the profession icon for the revenant or something.

> > I can see some kind of relationship between the portal-like design and the revenant and the mists, however, what two sickle-looking blades with handles and the letter 'Z' has to do with the revenant I haven't a clue.

>

> It's not a Revenant icon, but a Necromancer (Scourge) icon.

Ah. Thank you for that clarification. It seems that would make it more likely to be a backward 'S' (for 'Scourge') rather than it being a Z.

I love dragons generally and Glint and her kids are favourites, so it was a natural choice. It was just a matter of picking between the available Glint/Vlast/Aurene icons. I picked this one because I like it and I feel like it's used less often - which helps avoid me mixing up my posts and other peoples when skimming through topics.