WvW Arrow Cart Nerfing

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

>

> They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

Or they are good players that are completely outnumbered and are trying to do whatever they can to hold on to everything they have worked for because they know that 5 rushing out against 20 is not going to accomplish anything other than handing over 5 loot bags to the enemy. Stop telling me that they don't "Deserve" their stuff, that is a bunch of crap. Basically what you are saying is that the biggest server with the most amount of Scourges, Firebrands, and Spellbreakers should own everything in WvW and the rest of the Plebs can just shove off and go somewhere else. Mark my words, you guys keep defending this stupid idea that you keep spewing and pretty soon there will be nobody for you to bash your heads against anymore. Then how fun will it be?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very amusing that a player called Israel.7056 is arguing so defiantly against siege, when it took the Roman legions over a year to besiege Masada in 73 AD in the Judaea province. The only way to get inside was to build massive earth ramp to get close to the wall. But that is only a side node.

Can someone please explain to me, why defensive ACs in structures (seems to be the main problem for the zerglings outside) is such a problem, when you place your offensive siege well (well placed siege is not at point blank range next to a wall!)

ACs have a range of 2500 units, a ballista 3000 units and a catapult 4000 units. How is your offensive siege even in range of that defensive AC? The AC is most likely built on the far end of the staircase or a corner bastion, which means it loses some range towards the attackers anyway. If the attacking commander throws down one of two ballista to clear the wall of oil, canons and mortars, he can them put down catapults to damage the walls with a fully charge cata shot. Using trebuchets allows you to hit walls from an even greater distance, plus you can deplete the defending depot (if you have a players who can aim) or drop cows close to the damaged wall, so defenders will lose their precious supply when getting close to repair. All this time you are out of range of the defensive AC or siege disablers.

@Gorani.7205, it bites me that behaviour, i know momments where 1 superior ac's scared 40 players cause the mesmers couldnt pull, MS could not reach, zerg bailed out.....cause only proxy catas look PRO.

It is hard to know if they are dealing with full stacked siege wich can bedefeated with work, but i think most players want instant easy rewards, and that's where most complaing come from... still it is hard to know what they have been facing.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> >

> > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

>

> Or they are good players that are completely outnumbered and are trying to do whatever they can to hold on to everything they have worked for because they know that 5 rushing out against 20 is not going to accomplish anything other than handing over 5 loot bags to the enemy. Stop telling me that they don't "Deserve" their stuff, that is a bunch of crap. Basically what you are saying is that the biggest server with the most amount of Scourges, Firebrands, and Spellbreakers should own everything in WvW and the rest of the Plebs can just shove off and go somewhere else. Mark my words, you guys keep defending this stupid idea that you keep spewing and pretty soon there will be nobody for you to bash your heads against anymore. Then how fun will it be?

The 'completely outnumbered' scenario is largely fictitious at least at the higher tiers in NA. It may be the case more often in the lower tiers but I don't think it makes sense to balance from the bottom so to speak. What I am saying is that if you can't fight you should lose all your stuff. This is a pvp game mode if you can't pvp you don't deserve to own anything. If that means some people have to learn to play a firebrand or a scourge or a spellbreaker and get off their ranger or thief or whatever then so be it.

I do not accept the proposition that any player at any skill level benefits from the use of a crutch like siege. Everyone starts out terrible and learns through practice and quiet reflection. Siege is an easy out that allows people to skip the process of learning and it keeps them bad forever. Mark my words, the game will get better and more populated the weaker siege becomes because people who previously relied on siege will have to learn to actually fight and find meaning in that struggle and the people who like to fight actual players will want to play more.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> >

> > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

>

> I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

>

> Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

>

> I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

>

> And the wall will drop just as fast.

>

> With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

>

> I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

>

> Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > >

> > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> >

> > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> >

> > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> >

> > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> >

> > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> >

> > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> >

> > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> >

> > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

>

> True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > >

> > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> >

> > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> >

> > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> >

> > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> >

> > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> >

> > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> >

> > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> >

> > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

>

> True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

Which is why I am glad they nerfed it vs players.

And I hate trebs. Expensive and slow.

Catas do the job better, can be more stategic, and are generally faster.

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > >

> > > > David went out and faced Goliath.

> > > >

> > > > Just sayin.

> > >

> > > With a sling. A weapon that propels a rock from a distance.

> > >

> > > Just sayin.

> >

> > Like a bow or staff?

> >

> > From outside the walls?

> >

> > Just sayin...

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Since when have Eles and Rangers been included in Zergs? And 5 Rangers against a blob of 20 or 30? Yeah, good luck with that.

>

> Just sayin...

We don't have slings either.

You started the analogy.

Oh, and last time I checked, Necros carry staves..., Warriors could carry and equip a longbow if we are going that direction.

But if you are talking about squad sized groups again, then why do you need your arrow cart?

> I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

Oh my God. This is an asymmetrical game of warfare, not the play yard of a nurturing learning institution.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

>

> > Sorry but I am of the opinion that 5v20, unless the 20 are just really bad, you should lose the structure. No way should you be able to defend against 4x your numbers. You should be able to delay long enough to get more ppl to help, and if you can't, well then you lose it. Maybe then your roamers will learn that you can't defend with ACs anymore. I've lost plenty of structures when I knew we had more than the couple ppl defending on map, only thing you can do is try and hope the others learn that they need to help defend if they want to win.

> >

> > Oh, and don't poo poo burning oil anymore. Earlier today I was able to drop some serious burns on rams (on a staff weaver mind you), deplete a lot of supply and destroy a ram. The change to oil really helped out.

>

> That's ridiculous because what's the point of even trying at that point. No I would much rather have 5 ac's wreck a zerg then lose my t3 keeps because one server is so stacked at multiple time zones. Keeps take 3-4 hours uninterrupted to t3, just to have a zerg come along and take it because I have no deterrence means that even at tier 4 I might as well not try (which you know, causes less people to play because what's the point). At least AC's encourage defending (especially if they can kill parts of a zerg).

Well there's the difference. You think you should be able to hold all your structures even when heavily outnumbered, I think that's ridiculous. You are basically wanting to PPT to stay in a tier against servers that have higher population, and better coverage, and then come on the forums and complain that you are outnumbered and that your precious siege doesn't help you as much anymore. If you are that outnumbered all the time, you are in a tier you don't belong in because you PPT so much.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> Well there's the difference. You think you should be able to hold all your structures even when heavily outnumbered, I think that's ridiculous. You are basically wanting to PPT to stay in a tier against servers that have higher population, and better coverage, and then come on the forums and complain that you are outnumbered and that your precious siege doesn't help you as much anymore. If you are that outnumbered all the time, you are in a tier you don't belong in because you PPT so much.

No I know full well my server belonged in t4, but we were always heavily outnumbered by other servers. I could care less about moving up. What I care about is when I go to play that I have waypoints on my keeps so I can move around quickly, and I respect the other servers that want the same thing. I also get that I WILL lose my keeps. But IF I AM THERE to defend it, and I'm grossly outnumbered I want to be able to be the biggest pain in the butt to the server(s) that outnumber me. Will I lose it eventually, sure, but I want to be able to make it so those servers need to do something different to break down a wall. Does it suck for those bigger servers, sure, but I don't care because I'm at the bottom anyway.

And before someone says "Ha he's a bad player, he doesn't want to improve". No, I'm one player on the server, I think people should always improve, but if my server faces off against others that have more coverage, then it's tougher to move up and improve, and ONE PERSON isn't really going to change that much.

Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I believe if you turn up to a sports match out manned you... forfeit. They certainly don't say, 'oh you're missing half your team, here have some mobile artillery to shoot the opposing team with if they come near the goal'.

And lol worked hard? At what? Sleeping while the timezone ahead of you ktrains that other server and gets everything t3 on your side for you? Or did you mean the arduous effort of watching netflix while refreshing your ac once an hour? Maybe Carpel Tunnel from that 1 spam? Get over yourself too.

Think I'm about to win the infraction race ;)

Editing messed up.. however I did make a pretty pattern!

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

>

> > Well there's the difference. You think you should be able to hold all your structures even when heavily outnumbered, I think that's ridiculous. You are basically wanting to PPT to stay in a tier against servers that have higher population, and better coverage, and then come on the forums and complain that you are outnumbered and that your precious siege doesn't help you as much anymore. If you are that outnumbered all the time, you are in a tier you don't belong in because you PPT so much.

>

> No I know full well my server belonged in t4, but we were always heavily outnumbered by other servers. I could care less about moving up. What I care about is when I go to play that I have waypoints on my keeps so I can move around quickly, and I respect the other servers that want the same thing. I also get that I WILL lose my keeps. But IF I AM THERE to defend it, and I'm grossly outnumbered I want to be able to be the biggest pain in the butt to the server(s) that outnumber me. Will I lose it eventually, sure, but I want to be able to make it so those servers need to do something different to break down a wall. Does it suck for those bigger servers, sure, but I don't care because I'm at the bottom anyway.

>

> And before someone says "Ha he's a bad player, he doesn't want to improve". No, I'm one player on the server, I think people should always improve, but if my server faces off against others that have more coverage, then it's tougher to move up and improve, and ONE PERSON isn't really going to change that much.

There are other ways to be annoying to an attacking zerg. Nothing is more frustrating (and hilarious for you), when you keep disabling their siege. Sometimes you can even hear the commander saying "why did you let him disable AGAIN". You don't need ACs to be annoying. Only suggestion I can give you is to try and recruit people to your server to get more population. Trying to fill a gap in your coverage isn't going to be easy, but getting more players so your NA prime can square off other servers that are running map queues is a good start.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> There are other ways to be annoying to an attacking zerg. Nothing is more frustrating (and hilarious for you), when you keep disabling their siege.

Or a handful of people who continuously drop supply traps in the zerg's way, especially as they enter and exit a supply camp. I literally did just that with a few other players two matches ago (on my slow scourge even) and the zerg got so frustrated that they left map. No arrow carts were used (would've been wasting supply on building 50 supply cost ACs over 10 supply cost traps too.)

Nerfing the siege engine that is being overly relied upon pushes defenders to explore other tactics.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> Can someone please explain to me, why defensive ACs in structures (seems to be the main problem for the zerglings outside) is such a problem, when you place your offensive siege well (well placed siege is not at point blank range next to a wall!)

> ACs have a range of 2500 units, a ballista 3000 units and a catapult 4000 units. How is your offensive siege even in range of that defensive AC? The AC is most likely built on the far end of the staircase or a corner bastion, which means it loses some range towards the attackers anyway. If the attacking commander throws down one of two ballista to clear the wall of oil, canons and mortars, he can them put down catapults to damage the walls with a fully charge cata shot. Using trebuchets allows you to hit walls from an even greater distance, plus you can deplete the defending depot (if you have a players who can aim) or drop cows close to the damaged wall, so defenders will lose their precious supply when getting close to repair. All this time you are out of range of the defensive AC or siege disablers.

Because at some point i'd like to approach the structure and fight the people in it. You're talking about a blob which can and should desiege. Smaller groups just get sometimes double their number sitting on siege and refusing to fight them, delaying forever til the commander on map gets fed up of siege monkeys crying for help and runs over a small group with 50. Skilled Play.

Btw if you want to talk about real warfare.. The entire point of laying siege to a big city was.. to cut off supply and weaken it. It's also a common tactic when a horde is rampaging over your land to hit their supply lines ... which is what more experienced and interactive defenders are advocating instead of sitting on an ac.... He who has supply wins.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > >

> > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > >

> > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > >

> > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > >

> > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > >

> > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > >

> > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > >

> > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > >

> > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> >

> > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

>

> What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

>

There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > >

> > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > >

> > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > >

> > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > >

> > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > >

> > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > >

> > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > >

> > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > >

> > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > >

> > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> >

> > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> >

>

> There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > > >

> > > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > > >

> > > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > > >

> > > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > > >

> > > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > > >

> > > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> > >

> > > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> > >

> >

> > There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

>

> I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

>

That's a different problem you asked me if we clear siege on NA.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > > > >

> > > > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> > > >

> > > > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

> >

> > I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

> >

>

> That's a different problem you asked me if we clear siege on NA.

Hmm dang you just gave him a clue to something they never thought about.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > You can still sit on your siege all day no one's going to stop you from doing that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your right, we could, if that was what was actually happening (it's not, but you stick to your blobs so you wouldn't know). Instead what he's bringing up is the fact that blobs run from fights they can't win and then those same blob minded people are complaining that people hide from them when they outnumber other smaller blobs 2-1, or 3-1, like it's their right to kill you for bags/war score. Siege gives a player a chance when they are outnumbered, but that's just it. A Chance.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I get it everyone's a hypocrite except for the noble siege users who just want to have a chance against the big bad blobs.

> > > >

> > > > No one's going to stop all you noble siege users from being super dignified and sitting on arrow carts all day so you can have a chance of winning a fight you just might have a smaller chance of being successful in your noble endeavor now. I gotta say acs still seem plenty strong to me I don't think this change goes far enough.

> > >

> > > Change your build if your dumb enough to stand under ac fire duhh I mean who does that?? oh wait zerglings thats who

> >

> > There are build spots in almost every major objective I know of where i can build acs that hit every gate every wall and every choke and even lords rooms from relative safety with multiple overlapping circles of fire. I dont care what build you're running or what your comp is you stand in that for even a few seconds and people are gonna start dropping or at least have to use major cds just to stay alive. Then I can run in with my 40 people and easily win the fight. Anyone can learn these build spots they're very easy to abuse. I don't care how smart you think you are you would die too. You're trying to defend a tool that you abuse to win fights you wouldn't otherwise be able to win. I understand why you're doing it but it's intellectually dishonest to tell people to just change their build or don't stand in ac fire. Arrow carts are still too strong this nerf barely touched them I can still do the same stuff I could do before the patch I just might need 4acs overlapping fire instead of 3.

>

> Well there you go your mob of 40 that explains a lot as to why you hate AC ,it seems to be only the Bad Comms are complaining about AC because they cannot get easy entry into structures to "fight"the 5 defenders 40v5 hmm real tough to win huh , do you treasure the bag that much ?? it is not as if the bag holds significant treasure to warrant all the drama ,you may have to change your blob tactics if you have so much trouble. Ok While we are at it let us Delete Trebuchet as it serves no useful purpose other than to be used by the "fight" people safe in thier fortified SMC to bring down the walls hwy dont they come out to fight ?? oh dear the arguments are endless but it appears Anet favours the horde in relation to nerfs to siege

From the looks of things they favor the siege users because they barely even nerfed arrow carts after years of people complaining about them. I can't believe anyone is complaining about these nerfs they're so mild imo.

I dunno what server/time zone you are playing but in my server/time zone all sides have at least 40 people sometimes multiple map queues. You may be playing on some low pop eu server during your servers dead time zone which could explain why you seem so enamored with this idea of 5v50 but that's not how it is on na except for t4 perhaps.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can still sit on your siege all day no one's going to stop you from doing that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Your right, we could, if that was what was actually happening (it's not, but you stick to your blobs so you wouldn't know). Instead what he's bringing up is the fact that blobs run from fights they can't win and then those same blob minded people are complaining that people hide from them when they outnumber other smaller blobs 2-1, or 3-1, like it's their right to kill you for bags/war score. Siege gives a player a chance when they are outnumbered, but that's just it. A Chance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah I get it everyone's a hypocrite except for the noble siege users who just want to have a chance against the big bad blobs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No one's going to stop all you noble siege users from being super dignified and sitting on arrow carts all day so you can have a chance of winning a fight you just might have a smaller chance of being successful in your noble endeavor now. I gotta say acs still seem plenty strong to me I don't think this change goes far enough.

> > > > >

> > > > > Change your build if your dumb enough to stand under ac fire duhh I mean who does that?? oh wait zerglings thats who

> > > >

> > > > There are build spots in almost every major objective I know of where i can build acs that hit every gate every wall and every choke and even lords rooms from relative safety with multiple overlapping circles of fire. I dont care what build you're running or what your comp is you stand in that for even a few seconds and people are gonna start dropping or at least have to use major cds just to stay alive. Then I can run in with my 40 people and easily win the fight. Anyone can learn these build spots they're very easy to abuse. I don't care how smart you think you are you would die too. You're trying to defend a tool that you abuse to win fights you wouldn't otherwise be able to win. I understand why you're doing it but it's intellectually dishonest to tell people to just change their build or don't stand in ac fire. Arrow carts are still too strong this nerf barely touched them I can still do the same stuff I could do before the patch I just might need 4acs overlapping fire instead of 3.

> > >

> > > Well there you go your mob of 40 that explains a lot as to why you hate AC ,it seems to be only the Bad Comms are complaining about AC because they cannot get easy entry into structures to "fight"the 5 defenders 40v5 hmm real tough to win huh , do you treasure the bag that much ?? it is not as if the bag holds significant treasure to warrant all the drama ,you may have to change your blob tactics if you have so much trouble. Ok While we are at it let us Delete Trebuchet as it serves no useful purpose other than to be used by the "fight" people safe in thier fortified SMC to bring down the walls hwy dont they come out to fight ?? oh dear the arguments are endless but it appears Anet favours the horde in relation to nerfs to siege

> >

> > Do you genuinely think the "40 man fight guilds" are breaking into keeps to kill 5 lone players (probably half of whom are base necromancers or rangers) on repeat?

> >

> > I can't tell if you're trolling or just that ignorant

> Please do not call me ignorant I am not the one complaining about nerfing a siege weapon that can be totally avoided to accomplish the same outcome which is to gain access to a structure , it is the blob mindset that is doing the complaining. Use the siege how it was designed and poof the problem disappears ,drop it at walls pay the piper. Simple tactics appear to be beyond some of these commanders.

What thread are you reading? The people here are complaining that the ACs got nerfed, while those of us that would rather fight over sitting on siege are saying that the damage nerf (to players at least, the siege dmg nerf was prolly a bit much) is a good thing. You are the one complaining. Don't try and turn that around.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> > > > >

> > > > > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

> > >

> > > I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

> > >

> >

> > That's a different problem you asked me if we clear siege on NA.

>

> Hmm dang you just gave him a clue to something they never thought about.

He's just trying move the goalposts to win an internet argument. He asked me one question and then asked me a completely different question when he didn't get the answer he wanted to the first question.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

> > > >

> > > > I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's a different problem you asked me if we clear siege on NA.

> >

> > Hmm dang you just gave him a clue to something they never thought about.

>

> He's just trying move the goalposts to win an internet argument. He asked me one question and then asked me a completely different question when he didn't get the answer he wanted to the first question.

Move along there is nothing for you here thread closed :)

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I love this entitled, bully mentality of, "If you aren't big enough to defend it, you shouldn't have it!". Just like the school bully that walks down the hallway picking on whomever they feel like. "Hey kid, I'm gonna beat you up if you don't give me that jacket. You don't deserve it because you can't defend yourself against me.". Ever hear about the story of David vs. Goliath? Ever root for an underdog in a sports game? You are the problem if all you say is, "If you can't have enough people to play then you don't deserve to be where you are and maybe you should drop down to where you belong.". I'm sorry, but people worked hard to get where they are and to tell them they don't deserve it is belittling and demeaning. Get over yourself. There is more than one way to play this game, not just your way.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They're not underdogs they're bad players abusing a broken tool to win fights they would otherwise lose. They don't deserve their stuff if they can't defend it legit and we will see who these people are more clearly if anet continues to tone down siege because they will not be able to abuse arrow carts to win fights anymore.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can fully agree with you on this. Especially as it relates to SMC gates.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here is my biggest issue with nerfing AC damage vs seige (which is my ONLY issue with it)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have yet been able to find a tower that I can't hit with a cata that I can't hit it from out of range of both ballistas and ACs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And the wall will drop just as fast.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With the exception of Counter trebs or catas and/or mortars, the opposing team has to come out to either disable or fight on My catas.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I wish they had made iron hide more effective vs ACs rather than hit the ACs this hard.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Placing catas against the wall is NOW good strategy, but was, prior to the change, a dumb masses idea...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > True it's always an option to use trebs to open walls. It takes a lot of supply and a lot of time but it can be done, no doubt about it. As you said they're vulnerable to mortars and counter trebs but yeah it's doable. At some point you gotta actually push into the objective though and then you're in AC range. In some objectives, such at Hills you're basically in AC range everywhere you can stand and in all others you're in AC range once you start fighting over the lord.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? Lol do they not clear siege once outer is broken and then again once inner is broken, in NA? Just straight to the lord John Rambo style?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There are build spots that can be flash built in 15 seconds so even if you clear all the siege going in it's pretty easy to rebuild it once the attackers are in lords room. In Bay for instance it's possible to flash build arrow carts on the outside landing that hit the lords room.

> > > >

> > > > I understand that but there should be part of the squad securing the perimeter and backline while another portion takes down the lord.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's a different problem you asked me if we clear siege on NA.

> >

> > Hmm dang you just gave him a clue to something they never thought about.

>

> He's just trying move the goalposts to win an internet argument. He asked me one question and then asked me a completely different question when he didn't get the answer he wanted to the first question.

Actually, no I wasn't. It's surprising though tbh I thought it was just a common thing to do. Your answers says alot though.

> > > >

> > > > David went out and faced Goliath.

> > > >

> > > > Just sayin.

> > >

> > > With a sling. A weapon that propels a rock from a distance.

> > >

> > > Just sayin.

> >

> > Like a bow or staff?

> >

> > From outside the walls?

> >

> > Just sayin...

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Since when have Eles and Rangers been included in Zergs? And 5 Rangers against a blob of 20 or 30? Yeah, good luck with that.

>

> Just sayin...

Weavers were meta in zergs for the majority of PoF, prior to that heal tempest throughout entire HoT, and before that regular staff ele pre HoT. So I'd say the last 4-5 years?