Did anyone manage to get the Storm Dagger skin?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > Unless you hate gold, you probably do want it

>

> Exactly! ;)

>

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > I hope never to get that. One of the least useful items to come out of the chest. Even a transmute charge that I don't need would be more useful.

>

> Actually, it is the _most_ useful item. You can put most stuff in the bank and don't have to swap _anything_ between characters. If you're in a raid or a dungeo or a story instance: everything is just one click away. <3 I already got one and I wouldn't want to be without it. :p

how exactly does a storm dagger skin do that?

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> how exactly does a storm dagger skin do that?

And how was I supposed to know you were talking about that when you posted right after my post with the screenshot? ;) You were talking about **usefulness**, and skins have no usefulness to them - they are mere visuals that look pretty (or awful, depending on your personal taste).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > how exactly does a storm dagger skin do that?

>

> And how was I supposed to know you were talking about that when you posted right after my post with the screenshot? ;) You were talking about **usefulness**, and skins have no usefulness to them - they are mere visuals that look pretty (or awful, depending on your personal taste).

To be fair the topic of the thread is about the Storm Dagger. I would assume that a post not specifically quoting an off topic comment is on topic.

I feel unlucky. It took me about 65 chests to get one. Along the way I *also* got an Industry glyph, nine pairs of Queen Jennah's shoes ("Unused")(1), a variety of Cavalier skins, one Fused skin, and an assortment of other junk. Oh, and on a guaranteed weapon unlock I got the Chaos Greatsword.

(1) Grey vendor junk, apparently, but 5 gold each.

> @"foozlesprite.8051" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Update: I dared again, and not only did I receive the dagger skin, but... :o =) <3

> Wow, huge congratulations!

Thanks. <3

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> I feel unlucky. It took me about 65 chests to get one.

Then I better don't mention it took me over 150 to get the dagger skin... oops. (That was definitely a record high, it never took me more than 50, unsually less than 26, to get a unique, uncommon skin drop. :/ )

I farmed map completion across alts for the entire time the jackal was in the boxes, and didn't manage to get it. I was very worried the same was going to happen here, but I **needed** the dagger to go with Bolt on my ele. Thankfully I had some keys in my bank from farming, and it took me 11 boxes to get the skin. To me, that makes up for missing the jackal.

Now, if only Bolt looked anywhere near that cool...