Mounts should be restricted in Labyrinthine Cliffs

I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial. Not only do they defeat the whole gimmick of the map and events it unbearably laggy and choppy even at the lowest settings, especially in the scavenger hunt event where you have large groups of people on mounts just swirling around one area. My game client has crashed 3 times in one event cycle already.

That's why I think mounts need to be restricted in the Labyrinthine Cliffs map or at least the flying mounts. So that not only people can actually enjoy the map proper but also to relieve strain off the people who don't have high end pc's and allow them to also enjoy the map and its events as well without having to rely on the slow hours to participate. This used to be one of my favorite events and now its almost impossible to participate in at points.

> @"ponts.2506" said:

> I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial.

Then don't use them.

Its not me using the mounts its other people. I don't even have the expansion yet to even use them. But because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map. The crystals where fun to use. A little frustrating until your figured out how to use them properly. Whats dumb is being swooped on by 100 griffons and your game crashing because of it. Its impossible to move let alone do any of the intricate jumping puzzles or finding all the hidden collectibles.

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > But because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map.

>

> You are blaming people using mounts for crashing your client. Maybe blame your terrible ISP or outdated rig instead?

>

>

>

Well seeing as I can join a WvW zerg just fine without it crashing I doubt its either of these problems and I'm not blaming the other players. The map is to small and congested for so many people to be having so much stuff going on for everybody to handle. I'm not the only person this is happening to which is why I even started this discussion in the first place otherwise I would just wait for the quiet hours to participate.

The event is only for a short time anyways. It wouldn't really matter if mounts were restricted to just one event so everybody can enjoy the event and in the manner it was intended. Not everybody can afford top of the line computers that can handle so many people and graphical effects even with all settings set to the lowest and player numbers limited.

> @"ponts.2506" said:

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > > But because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map.

> >

> > You are blaming people using mounts for crashing your client. Maybe blame your terrible ISP or outdated rig instead?

> >

> >

> >

>

> Well seeing as I can join a WvW zerg just fine without it crashing I doubt its either of these problems and I'm not blaming the other players. The map is to small and congested for so many people to be having so much stuff going on for everybody to handle. I'm not the only person this is happening to which is why I even started this discussion in the first place otherwise I would just wait for the quiet hours to participate.

>

> The event is only for a short time anyways. It wouldn't really matter if mounts were restricted to just one event so everybody can enjoy the event and in the manner it was intended. Not everybody can afford top of the line computers that can handle so many people and graphical effects even with all settings set to the lowest and player numbers limited.

Why assume it's the mounts? My client isn't crashing regardless of the mounts.

Give it a day or two. The release day for one of these festivals is always crazy. Enjoy other aspects of the area, then hit the hunts, etc. once the feeding frenzy is over.

I don't seem to have the connectivity issues, but it is annoying with all the mount rears in the way and I can't see to direct my mount--and because no one can see, everyone just keeps hopping and flapping around hoping there are actually bags in that spot. I decided to work on collecting crystals, or just heading out to the edges of the hunt area and collect enough to promise participation and avoid the busy areas. Some people get obsessed with two or three bags in a difficult spot, when I've headed out and collected 6 in the same time.

I got all the Crystals and Master Crystals in 2014, on foot. I really don't care to repeat that experience. I've got most Masters already using a combination of mounts and crystals. To me it's more fun this way. Not to mention disabling mounts would pretty much prevent the activities and races from working properly.

If you don't want to use mounts and do the challenge the "old way", don't use mounts and do the challenge the old way. But your opinion shouldn't supersede that of others. As it is now, people like you can do it the old way, and people like me, that did it that way and don't want to do it again, can do it the new way.

If they did as you suggested, everyone would have to do it your way. So, be the bigger person, and let each do their own thing, instead of trying to force your opinion down other people's throats.

> @"ponts.2506" said:

> IBut because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map.

Ah, mounts crashing the client every 5 minutes. Yeah that's a common issue, been that way ever since, well, PoF released. Sorry to tell you, we've been trying to get ANet to remove mounts from the game for **that** very reason ever since. Totally normal though, in fact, everyone else is crashing every 5 minutes, too.

Are you any chance that the main reason behind this thread is your jealousy toward players who have mounts which you do not have because dont own PoF?

I was F2P and was jealous with my friends who were flying, jumping up cliffs by mounts. There is the possibility of personal jealousy.

Using MBP playing Gw2 from SEA with average 300 ping, highest was over 4000 pings but never crashed client because of mounts.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> I got all the Crystals and Master Crystals in 2014, on foot. I really don't care to repeat that experience.

Same. I've done a few the old fashioned way for nostalgia purposes. I don't need to do it again to prove to myself that I can.

Also FYI for the OP: you can rent mounts. So far, I've seen a skimmer trainer (near the skimmer race start), a griffon (near the topside WP), ...

(_adding_ locations thanks to @"ReaverKane.7598")

> There's a Jackal not far from the Griffon, the Raptor is near the boat where you can arrive (saw it on WP's video), haven't seen the bunny though, but i'm sure they have it somewhere.

That addresses the "but I don't have the expansions" part of the critique. (It doesn't, of course, help with the perceived lag that the OP perceives to be from other people on mounts or the OP objecting that a map, newly-designed to use mounts, includes... you know, mounts.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > I got all the Crystals and Master Crystals in 2014, on foot. I really don't care to repeat that experience.

> Same. I've done a few the old fashioned way for nostalgia purposes. I don't need to do it again to prove to myself that I can.

>

> Also FYI for the OP: you can rent mounts. So far, I've seen a skimmer trainer (near the skimmer race start), a griffon (near the topside WP), and a raptor (and I confess I don't remember that location). That addresses the "but I don't have the expansions" part of the critique. (It doesn't, of course, help with the perceived lag that the OP perceives to be from other people on mounts or the OP objecting that a map, newly-designed to use mounts, includes... you know, mounts.)

There's a Jackal not far from the Griffon, the Raptor is near the boat where you can arrive (saw it on WP's video), haven't seen the bunny though, but i'm sure they have it somewhere.

No thanks... it's complains like these that make taking five steps forward take ten steps back.

Then you get restricted mounts all over places that have JP... and then they throw a stupid long radius that prevents you from mounting in normal areas that you would pass through for map completion just because there's a jp some where.

> @"ponts.2506" said:

> Its not me using the mounts its other people. I don't even have the expansion yet to even use them. But because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map. The crystals where fun to use. A little frustrating until your figured out how to use them properly. Whats dumb is being swooped on by 100 griffons and your game crashing because of it. Its impossible to move let alone do any of the intricate jumping puzzles or finding all the hidden collectibles.

Are you sure that its the mounts causing your client to crash? I spent time there, mounts all over the place, without crashes.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial.

> Then don't use them.

>

>

That's not possible.

> @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > > I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial.

> > Then don't use them.

> >

> >

>

> That's not possible.

How is it not possible? Disable your hotkeys for mounts, and presto, you won't be using them by accident.