• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> >a massage to the pvp devz

> >a massage

> >massage

>

> Please tell me I'm not the only person that noticed this.

well because i think they are getting old and rusty

but if you want me to change it you have to wait for the next balance patch meanwhile enjoy the new mount adoption license

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> I'm an addicted GW2 player and been playing Guild wars the first for years before that. The things that make ppl get into it are multiple ... such as the reasons that make ppl leave.

>

> I'm okay with the fact the OP is comparing GW1 with GW2 . Even if anet claimed it was 2 totally different games just sharing the same lore.

>

> However I don't agree at all with the arguments in this video and find the comparison between both games not reliable and lackluster.

>

> * Game comparison

> GW1 was based on stand alone games (3 differents ones) that came more that 1 years one after another. Prophecies brings RA and TA. Faction brings AvA and nightfall brings the pve elit zone.

> GW2 is based on expensions and living story between them. The fonctionnalities are different. It means you will have less new content than a stand alone game. However HOT brings a lot of new contents (guild hall + Stronghold+ ...) and POF brings less but had better engine support and mechanics which increase the game performances imo.

>

> * WVW

> You get less gold that sPVP in the reward track and with pips. But you have loot from foes and NPC. So rewards are less ofc if you compare it to silverwaste farm (but it's really boring imo) But it's a totally new game mode if you compare it to GW1. Even if the game mode had the less love compared to others, it's still enjoyable to play with friends and super rewarding when you rekt an enemy zerg.

>

> * sPvP

> That where I feel totally "WTH" about OP comment . Bunker meta isn't a thing at all anymore. The only build that can survive now is firebrand and /or mirage. However firebrand get burst down in 2 sec by the right classes (only needs 2 burst classes)

> BUT , it doesn't mean sPvP is in a good state now.

> Anet failed at developping e-sport . Esport was the reason we don't have too many pvp game-mode at start (with WvW and stronghold) And when they failed at it (can't blame tho... or maybe we can cause they are responsible of the bunker meta back to these days) They then stopped putting too much effort and ressources in it. Since the population is super low now . Simple as that.

>

> Finally : Anet is a franchise that need money to exist... They won't waste money just for few players not being happy. That's what I don't rely to the OP argue. He doesn't think in the economy aspect of the game/company.

>

> PS: You're free to not like the game tho. But at least use some reliable arguments. All that guy said was comparing it to GW1 and not really about the GW2 game itself . I'm fine with you not liking it. It's your personnal feeling. But I don't feel like it's very constructive opinion.

The main point that you miss is that GW1 had a huge talent pool from a development point of view...GW2 by comparison lacks every kind of talent, they did not replace the talent who left the company and you can feel/see the effects of those choices

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > I'm an addicted GW2 player and been playing Guild wars the first for years before that. The things that make ppl get into it are multiple ... such as the reasons that make ppl leave.

> >

> > I'm okay with the fact the OP is comparing GW1 with GW2 . Even if anet claimed it was 2 totally different games just sharing the same lore.

> >

> > However I don't agree at all with the arguments in this video and find the comparison between both games not reliable and lackluster.

> >

> > * Game comparison

> > GW1 was based on stand alone games (3 differents ones) that came more that 1 years one after another. Prophecies brings RA and TA. Faction brings AvA and nightfall brings the pve elit zone.

> > GW2 is based on expensions and living story between them. The fonctionnalities are different. It means you will have less new content than a stand alone game. However HOT brings a lot of new contents (guild hall + Stronghold+ ...) and POF brings less but had better engine support and mechanics which increase the game performances imo.

> >

> > * WVW

> > You get less gold that sPVP in the reward track and with pips. But you have loot from foes and NPC. So rewards are less ofc if you compare it to silverwaste farm (but it's really boring imo) But it's a totally new game mode if you compare it to GW1. Even if the game mode had the less love compared to others, it's still enjoyable to play with friends and super rewarding when you rekt an enemy zerg.

> >

> > * sPvP

> > That where I feel totally "WTH" about OP comment . Bunker meta isn't a thing at all anymore. The only build that can survive now is firebrand and /or mirage. However firebrand get burst down in 2 sec by the right classes (only needs 2 burst classes)

> > BUT , it doesn't mean sPvP is in a good state now.

> > Anet failed at developping e-sport . Esport was the reason we don't have too many pvp game-mode at start (with WvW and stronghold) And when they failed at it (can't blame tho... or maybe we can cause they are responsible of the bunker meta back to these days) They then stopped putting too much effort and ressources in it. Since the population is super low now . Simple as that.

> >

> > Finally : Anet is a franchise that need money to exist... They won't waste money just for few players not being happy. That's what I don't rely to the OP argue. He doesn't think in the economy aspect of the game/company.

> >

> > PS: You're free to not like the game tho. But at least use some reliable arguments. All that guy said was comparing it to GW1 and not really about the GW2 game itself . I'm fine with you not liking it. It's your personnal feeling. But I don't feel like it's very constructive opinion.

>

> The main point that you miss is that GW1 had a huge talent pool from a development point of view...GW2 by comparison lacks every kind of talent, they did not replace the talent who left the company and you can feel/see the effects of those choices

GW1 had its time... now it's over . You better stop comparing games to it ... or you'll always be dissapointed. Don't forget that GW1 was developped with anet being "chained" by NC soft as editors. Now Anet is kinda a freelancer. Decisions are different.

Im curious which games (pvp mode) that the OP does qualify as playable. Im going to assume the list is pretty short, if not empty.

I'd be burnt out on gw2 by now as well if i played thousands of spvp matches before the game was even released :D

Good video though, you got a nack for it.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> >a massage to the pvp devz

> >a massage

> >massage

>

> Please tell me I'm not the only person that noticed this.

In the video he says that PvP is not priority like PvP was in guild wars 1. He also says how it had many game modes and many viable builds that guild wars 2 does not have. He states that the game has shown to struggle with balance, so why not try a different approch and _**Alter the game mode**_

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> Im curious which games (pvp mode) that the OP does qualify as playable. Im going to assume the list is pretty short, if not empty.

>

> I'd be burnt out on gw2 by now as well if i played thousands of spvp matches before the game was even released :D

>

> Good video though, you got a nack for it.

Theres only one pvp mode and that is conquest...strong hold doesn't count for it is not fun nor does it focus on actually fighting people. There is no deathmatch que with the court yard map. So i can understand why the op doesnt pvp at all...what is there other then conquest........a bucket load of nothings after 6 years.....im so ready to move on to the next thing.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > He is 1000% spot on. Everything he mentioned is true. And there's most certainly thousands of players that feel like him. Most of them have quit. Others are still playing and ask themselves WHY.

>

> "Businesses become defensive when customers criticize them. Most customers complain because they care about the business. They are giving the business valuable information and a chance to improve. View complaints as opportunities! "

>

>

> ' *When angry consumers turn to social media to vent, the whole world is watching - including current and potential customers* '

I think the massage will help loosen things up.

I don’t really think Gw2 and its systems are that bad at this point in time.

The only issues are the lack of diversity (new game modes for unranked, SH could and should be reworked),

And the power creeping of new elite specs every new expansion. With the PoF ones its gottten so extreme that It wasn’t even playable at launch. The next one, oh boy, I hope they learn.

Oh and build diversity, true, but I don’t think thousands of skills is the solution, and claiming there is no “meta” or optimal strategies because there’s many good builds is narrow minded.

To solve build diversity in Gw2 they just need to look at traits and/or traitlines that are just not giving anything meaningful and provide them with something that makes them useful at certain scenarios. Just to name a few:

Salvation (rev traitline), Fire (ele traitline)...

Thief traps, Jalis legend, ele signets...

Just off the top of my head. Too many more to mention.

> @"SilentSam.1589" said:

> GW2 was never developed for the uber-dedicated, maybe at first that is what they intended but decisions made over the years have switched its focus to a very casual friendly environment placing it squarely in MMO with training wheels category.

Agreed. For casual dudes like myself who still enjoy a ranked pvp game this is great. If you're a hardcore gamer looking for real competition and recognition, then sure, there are much better options out there.

I am done with PVP as of this season. It really is a train-wreck. Communication has dramatically improved on the ArenaNet side of things with the players but we still have one glaring issue that remains...

The balance patches are too infrequent and don't have enough sweeping changes within them. This is the single glaring issue that has affected and INFECTED PVP since HoT was introduced. We really need smaller patches every 3 weeks with major mechanic changes every quarter.

Haters gonna hate, still a good game though. Go find another or take a break if you are burned out by now. ;) Fact is Gw2 has only a connection in its name, lore and oh yeah the core classes, but nothing else. The creator has a good point, pvp deserves much more love. Although better not shrinking the population even more with kitten posts...

This might be a dumb question but what are the better pvp mmos that you guys are going to? I was looking into wow with the new expansion but it looks like gear is back and pvp gearing is still random and worse than pve gearing. I tried eso battlegrounds and cyrodil and while i found it fun i like gw2 better. What are you guys playing that you feel is better?

> @"timetopat.7921" said:

> This might be a dumb question but what are the better pvp mmos that you guys are going to? I was looking into wow with the new expansion but it looks like gear is back and pvp gearing is still random and worse than pve gearing. I tried eso battlegrounds and cyrodil and while i found it fun i like gw2 better. What are you guys playing that you feel is better?

OFC gw2 is the best but their is mounts skins update every month or two all we want is update for the spvp or at least put spvp on to do list

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"timetopat.7921" said:

> > This might be a dumb question but what are the better pvp mmos that you guys are going to? I was looking into wow with the new expansion but it looks like gear is back and pvp gearing is still random and worse than pve gearing. I tried eso battlegrounds and cyrodil and while i found it fun i like gw2 better. What are you guys playing that you feel is better?

>

> OFC gw2 is the best but their is mounts skins update every month or two all we want is update for the spvp or at least put spvp on to do list

Keep in mind i wasnt trying to be snarky with my comment, i just didnt know if there were mmos you guys played where you felt the pvp was superior. I agree that i want more from gw2 pvp. Like i heard a new map but i would like a new mode or something.

Note that his key complaint was that he is against bunker meta. We are currently in the exact opposite state. I totally agree with him though regarding class diversity. We have no more than 2-3 viable builds per class, even though each class has 7 trait lines, several weapons and many utilities.

Lack of diversity is a serious issue.

> @"Frostmane.9734" said:

> I often tell my employees not to bring me a problem without offering at least one potential solution. People need to think about how to fix things and not just about why they are broken. According to the video, he doesn't play gw2 because its not gw1, or at least that's my take away. I didn't hear any suggestions as to how to fix it, so what's the message?

Quoting this because it's absolutely true.

Everyone's a critic but if you want to be constructive, offer up non-biased solutions rather than not be helpful.