[Suggestion] Have Females Ride Side-Saddle

Lancaeron.1524

> @fungihoujo.8476 said:

> Are there even horse mounts? We have a lot of people talking about riding real life horses, but I'm pretty sure none of you have rode a bunny before.

>

> ... at least, I hope not...

It's just like riding a roo ... hang on tight!

For some reason I don't think that riding side saddle will really eliminate clipping.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Maunzi.3764 said:

> Yes, but make it mandatory for male characters, because of the risk to, well, equipment down there. Can't have that, nee> @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> > do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

> >

> > on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get triggered.

> >

> > I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

> >

> > god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

> > http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

>

> Ah, your tears are delicious.

> But well, with this logic, we also need this for male characters. Especially burly Norn and humans, due to the risk to their equipment otherwise.

What tears? I'm laughing at people trying to throw real life horse mechanics in a fantasy game with manta rays as mounts. And as I said earlier, I couldn't care less if they made males ride sidesaddle too. It has been accepted that having an option to turn side saddle on/off would be great.

The tears are coming from people screaming male characters should have it too. They always make it a gender politics issue.

> @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> > @Korval.3751 said:

> > This is Tyria, a land of conflict. Not 15th century Europe. The woman of Tyria ride astride like warriors!

>

> How DARE you call my elementalsit a warrior. Did you just assume my profession?

They said riding like a warrior, not that a character was one.

> @Malhanjia.1452 said:

> I'm not sure if this is a troll thread but No, thank you. Moaning about clipping issues with a skirt on a mount but fail to note that charr/asura players have been begging for non-clipping decent armour for years with anet effectively telling them to 'deal with it'.

I did not intend for this to be a "troll" thread.

YES! I definitely AM in favor of females riding side saddle. I came to the forums to request exactly what the OP suggested. I would prefer my female toons to ride side saddle for the feminine classiness of it. There is a certain high-fantasy feminine charm about it that I like. However, I would definitely be in favor of allowing people to choose which they prefer. I get that it doesn't suite everyone.

It probably doesn't matter anyway though, because I'm sure they're not going to spend the development resources to make it happen, especially considering the majority who have voiced their opinion here are not in favor of it anyway.