Implement Rem from Re:Zero in the game

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> why do you need your character to look like a twelve year old girl in order to put in the effort to win a PvP match?

I've recently come across a theory that certain players can be defeated wholesale through the use of certain weapon skins and auras. The Dreamer among them is rumored to cause notably loud reaction; but I haven't come across proper research on the subject, as the angst of the Heart of the Mists is like miasma.

It would be more impressive if you actually tried to replicate her with what's available in game.

We already have almost similar hairs, and the color is in self style hair kit. Just need to mix armor to make it look close to frenchmaid uniform.

People have made all sort of replica like this. Sailor Moon characters was probably the most popular one.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> Who ?

>

> Also, obligatory "But i love Emilia".

Emilia was a good waifu at the start,but when they introduced Rem she took her place without any effort

We can compare Emilia to the Raptor and Rem to the Roller Bittle...The Raptor was really great at the first moments with his high mobility ,but when they implemented the Roller Bittle everything has changed:

It was faster,cuter and you could press C to drift "Initial D-Dejavu playing in the background"

> @"Lesan.4903" said:

> How about...no. Not only would that mean that Arena.net opens themselves up for an 'Intellectual Property' lawsuit, but it would also make no real sense. What would be next? Implementing GabeN as a Legendary Giant? Dio Brando as Questgiver in the next chapter of the Living World?

Arena.net can implement a new haircut that looks similar to what Rem has and a normal maid outfit that is present in almost any game.

Meanwhile her demonic mode can be introduced with a new legendary weapon maybe a mace like what she got in the anime

> @"googel.3278" said:

> Why so attached to some pixels? Next thing is you want to have marriage ceremonies in Guild Wars 2 lol.

Why not,I mean we already have wedding dress in the item shop so it would be pretty easy to implement

> @"EdDreath.2508" said:

> Id like my favorite game and this otaku culture separated please. Thank you

There are a lot of otaku that are playing the game,you can't stop us.

I saw a lot of kirito (main character from SAO) role player in the game

I've seen a Megumin (a main character from Konosuba) that was playing in the open world with an elementalist using the staff and she was so into the character that her only attunement was fire and nothing else even if she was dying and could switch to water she prefered to die but with her fire attunement on

And some day ago when I was doing an HP run in Elonian Riverland the moment we was going to fight Veteran Trunt ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veteran_Trunt )

our commander didn't say "ready squad?",but he said "Sasageyo" (It's a meme from Attack on Titans) which means "Charge"

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> There are many Metal fans playing the game. I want Dethklok as heroes, so I can slaughter everyone in dungeons with them. Who wants to play with real people anyway? Oh, and as an afterthought, a Pikachu outfit would be so great... /sarcasm off

>

> Really, though. Why this weird desire for cross-polinization between 2 completely unrelated and stylishly very different fictional universes? Anime does not and cannot belong in GW2 because the art is very different. Cat ears are the most anime thing you'll find in the game and that's only because it's a trendy thing. This Rem character is completely unknown to me and so is the anime, but from what I've seen and read it is a pretty generic anime (and I've seen a lot). I could imagine iconic characters having some kind of representation in a game (don't get me wrong, I'm not for it, but I can imagine it). But not this random character from a random anime that someone just happens to love so much.

There is a samurai and chef outfit so why not a maid,I mean maids aren't only an anime thing

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> All the characters (especially Kanna) from _Dragon Maid_ makes far, faaar more sense.

>

> I mean. Dragons, right? Right?

The problem with Kanna is that she is too short and cannot be created but we can create Tohru and the most important missing component is the maid outfit so if they implement it it will do a favor to a lot of people

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> why do you need your character to look like a twelve year old girl in order to put in the effort to win a PvP match?

She is not twelve she is 17

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> It would be more impressive if you actually tried to replicate her with what's available in game.

> We already have almost similar hairs, and the color is in self style hair kit. Just need to mix armor to make it look close to frenchmaid uniform.

>

> People have made all sort of replica like this. Sailor Moon characters was probably the most popular one.

I tried but that character doesn't look enough similar to Rem

> @"Kumiho.2756" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > Who ?

> >

> > Also, obligatory "But i love Emilia".

>

> Emilia was a good waifu at the start,but when they introduced Rem she took her place without any effort

> We can compare Emilia to the Raptor and Rem to the Roller Bittle...The Raptor was really great at the first moments with his high mobility ,but when they implemented the Roller Bittle everything has changed:

> It was faster,cuter and you could press C to drift "Initial D-Dejavu playing in the background"

>

> > @"Lesan.4903" said:

> > How about...no. Not only would that mean that Arena.net opens themselves up for an 'Intellectual Property' lawsuit, but it would also make no real sense. What would be next? Implementing GabeN as a Legendary Giant? Dio Brando as Questgiver in the next chapter of the Living World?

>

> Arena.net can implement a new haircut that looks similar to what Rem has and a normal maid outfit that is present in almost any game.

> Meanwhile her demonic mode can be introduced with a new legendary weapon maybe a mace like what she got in the anime

>

>

>

> > @"googel.3278" said:

> > Why so attached to some pixels? Next thing is you want to have marriage ceremonies in Guild Wars 2 lol.

>

> Why not,I mean we already have wedding dress in the item shop so it would be pretty easy to implement

> > @"EdDreath.2508" said:

> > Id like my favorite game and this otaku culture separated please. Thank you

>

> There are a lot of otaku that are playing the game,you can't stop us.

> I saw a lot of kirito (main character from SAO) role player in the game

> I've seen a Megumin (a main character from Konosuba) that was playing in the open world with an elementalist using the staff and she was so into the character that her only attunement was fire and nothing else even if she was dying and could switch to water she prefered to die but with her fire attunement on

> And some day ago when I was doing an HP run in Elonian Riverland the moment we was going to fight Veteran Trunt ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veteran_Trunt )

> our commander didn't say "ready squad?",but he said "Sasageyo" (It's a meme from Attack on Titans) which means "Charge"

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > There are many Metal fans playing the game. I want Dethklok as heroes, so I can slaughter everyone in dungeons with them. Who wants to play with real people anyway? Oh, and as an afterthought, a Pikachu outfit would be so great... /sarcasm off

> >

> > Really, though. Why this weird desire for cross-polinization between 2 completely unrelated and stylishly very different fictional universes? Anime does not and cannot belong in GW2 because the art is very different. Cat ears are the most anime thing you'll find in the game and that's only because it's a trendy thing. This Rem character is completely unknown to me and so is the anime, but from what I've seen and read it is a pretty generic anime (and I've seen a lot). I could imagine iconic characters having some kind of representation in a game (don't get me wrong, I'm not for it, but I can imagine it). But not this random character from a random anime that someone just happens to love so much.

>

> There is a samurai and chef outfit so why not a maid,I mean maids aren't only an anime thing

>

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > All the characters (especially Kanna) from _Dragon Maid_ makes far, faaar more sense.

> >

> > I mean. Dragons, right? Right?

>

> The problem with Kanna is that she is too short and cannot be created but we can create Tohru and the most important missing component is the maid outfit so if they implement it it will do a favor to a lot of people

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > why do you need your character to look like a twelve year old girl in order to put in the effort to win a PvP match?

>

> She is not twelve she is 17

> > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > It would be more impressive if you actually tried to replicate her with what's available in game.

> > We already have almost similar hairs, and the color is in self style hair kit. Just need to mix armor to make it look close to frenchmaid uniform.

> >

> > People have made all sort of replica like this. Sailor Moon characters was probably the most popular one.

>

> I tried but that character doesn't look enough similar to Rem

Sorry, the picture I saw linked above looked a lot younger than 17. Perhaps there is other art of the character that doesnt attempt to portray a woman as appearing prepubescent.

To each their own though.

Funny you mention copyright images...

Norn hair

![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/84/Unique_norn_female_hair_front_13.jpg "")

Witcher 2 Saskia

![](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/7/7a/Tw2-screenshot-saskia-01.png/revision/latest?cb=20111012131724 "")

I don't really want to get into the argument of whether we should implement xxx character in game or not, but it doesn't has to be exactly the same or similar enough to get an intellectual property lawsuit.

EDIT: this forum image function button is next to non-existence...

> @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> Funny you mention copyright images...

>

> Norn hair

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/84/Unique_norn_female_hair_front_13.jpg "")

>

> Witcher 2 Saskia

> ![](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/7/7a/Tw2-screenshot-saskia-01.png/revision/latest?cb=20111012131724 "")

>

> I don't really want to get into the argument of whether we should implement xxx character in game or not, but it doesn't has to be exactly the same or similar enough to get an intellectual property lawsuit.

>

> EDIT: this forum image function button is next to non-existence...

You can’t friggin copyright _hairstyles_, bruv.

Imagine the havoc within the gaming industry that would follow: how many shooter games can you name that use a shaven/bald muscular and angry white dude á la Vin Diesel as protagonist?

I mean... LOL.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

>

> You can’t friggin copyright _hairstyles_, bruv.

>

> Imagine the havoc within the gaming industry that would follow: how many shooter games can you name that use a shaven/bald muscular and angry white dude á la Vin Diesel as protagonist?

>

> I mean... LOL.

My point exactly, they can implement something if they want. Maybe not as exaggerated as OP but it isn't a taboo.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> >

> > You can’t friggin copyright _hairstyles_, bruv.

> >

> > Imagine the havoc within the gaming industry that would follow: how many shooter games can you name that use a shaven/bald muscular and angry white dude á la Vin Diesel as protagonist?

> >

> > I mean... LOL.

>

> My point exactly, they can implement something if they want. Maybe not as exaggerated as OP but it isn't a taboo.

And then there is the whole “homage/parody”-angle. I could literally create a game with a character named “Raddock” with the likeness of Vin Diesel - as long as there is clear distinction that you’re not portraying _the_ Riddick you’re fine.

I mean, you probably shouldn’t make him your main player character or sell him as separate DLC (then you might be in trouble, lol) but merely including such an NPC or something shouldn’t be a big deal.

> @"Kumiho.2756" said:

> > There are many Metal fans playing the game. I want Dethklok as heroes, so I can slaughter everyone in dungeons with them. Who wants to play with real people anyway? Oh, and as an afterthought, a Pikachu outfit would be so great... /sarcasm off

> >

> > Really, though. Why this weird desire for cross-polinization between 2 completely unrelated and stylishly very different fictional universes? Anime does not and cannot belong in GW2 because the art is very different. Cat ears are the most anime thing you'll find in the game and that's only because it's a trendy thing. This Rem character is completely unknown to me and so is the anime, but from what I've seen and read it is a pretty generic anime (and I've seen a lot). I could imagine iconic characters having some kind of representation in a game (don't get me wrong, I'm not for it, but I can imagine it). But not this random character from a random anime that someone just happens to love so much.

>

> There is a samurai and chef outfit so why not a maid,I mean maids aren't only an anime thing

Apparently I have to clarify my statement (since someone else misinterpreted it as well). I never said a maid outfit doesn't belong in the game (nor ridiculously large greatswords, in reference to the other misinterpretation). I said an anime character does not belong in the game. Not even remotely the same thing. And since anime is linked to a specific art style, you'd have to depict said character in that same style, or else it would just be a western style interpretation of an anime character. Now, that particular style, though I do love anime and have since the 80's, does not belong or fit in GW2. If people want their character to do cosplay, then that's fine by me. But unless they make another SAB-style instance, the anime art style would look ridiculously freakish in this game (just like all the SAB toys, minis and gliders that you can use outside the SAB instance, in my opinion).

I’m fairly sure the noble houses of Kryta are shock full of maids. So yes, I’d love a cliché maid outfit and it would fit right in.

The problem is though, what should the male version look like? I have a feeling that we already have one or two “Alfred the Butler”-like tuxedos already...

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Kumiho.2756" said:

> >

> > There is a samurai and chef outfit so why not a maid,I mean maids aren't only an anime thing

>

> Apparently I have to clarify my statement (since someone else misinterpreted it as well). I never said a maid outfit doesn't belong in the game (nor ridiculously large greatswords, in reference to the other misinterpretation). I said an anime character does not belong in the game. Not even remotely the same thing. And since anime is linked to a specific art style, you'd have to depict said character in that same style, or else it would just be a western style interpretation of an anime character. Now, that particular style, though I do love anime and have since the 80's, does not belong or fit in GW2. If people want their character to do cosplay, then that's fine by me. But unless they make another SAB-style instance, the anime art style would look ridiculously freakish in this game (just like all the SAB toys, minis and gliders that you can use outside the SAB instance, in my opinion).

Dayum and here I thought GW2 has enough cat girls to convince you its quite anime-ish

> > > @"Kumiho.2756" said:

> > >

> > > There is a samurai and chef outfit so why not a maid,I mean maids aren't only an anime thing

> >

> > Apparently I have to clarify my statement (since someone else misinterpreted it as well). I never said a maid outfit doesn't belong in the game (nor ridiculously large greatswords, in reference to the other misinterpretation). I said an anime character does not belong in the game. Not even remotely the same thing. And since anime is linked to a specific art style, you'd have to depict said character in that same style, or else it would just be a western style interpretation of an anime character. Now, that particular style, though I do love anime and have since the 80's, does not belong or fit in GW2. If people want their character to do cosplay, then that's fine by me. But unless they make another SAB-style instance, the anime art style would look ridiculously freakish in this game (just like all the SAB toys, minis and gliders that you can use outside the SAB instance, in my opinion).

>

> kitten and here I thought GW2 has enough cat girls to convince you its quite anime-ish

Not before they take all the Asura eyes and allow them on all the races. Although Roxx’s eyes-to-skull ratio is definitely _already_ there.

She’s seriously freaking me out with her kawaii desu ne-face....

> @"Kumiho.2756" said:

> There are a lot of otaku that are playing the game,you can't stop us.

> I saw a lot of kirito (main character from SAO) role player in the game

> I've seen a Megumin (a main character from Konosuba) that was playing in the open world with an elementalist using the staff and she was so into the character that her only attunement was fire and nothing else even if she was dying and could switch to water she prefered to die but with her fire attunement on

> And some day ago when I was doing an HP run in Elonian Riverland the moment we was going to fight Veteran Trunt ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veteran_Trunt )

> our commander didn't say "ready squad?",but he said "Sasageyo" (It's a meme from Attack on Titans) which means "Charge"

I dont stop or despise anime roleplay or otaku in general (I myself watch animes). You can roleplay whoever you want or list any anime roleplay you encountered. But i find some otaku culture like this to be excessive and disturbing such as this waifu2 stuff.

Anet releasing trendy skins is fine as long as its more generic and does not stray from their original lore and overall concept . Its good on you if the skins coincide with the original character you want but asking to specifically release something to cater this otaku culture is what I am against.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > >

> > > You can’t friggin copyright _hairstyles_, bruv.

> > >

> > > Imagine the havoc within the gaming industry that would follow: how many shooter games can you name that use a shaven/bald muscular and angry white dude á la Vin Diesel as protagonist?

> > >

> > > I mean... LOL.

> >

> > My point exactly, they can implement something if they want. Maybe not as exaggerated as OP but it isn't a taboo.

>

> And then there is the whole “homage/parody”-angle. I could literally create a game with a character named “Raddock” with the likeness of Vin Diesel - as long as there is clear distinction that you’re not portraying _the_ Riddick you’re fine.

>

> I mean, you probably shouldn’t make him your main player character or sell him as separate DLC (then you might be in trouble, lol) but merely including such an NPC or something shouldn’t be a big deal.

>

There is in fact, stuff like this in the game.

There's a grave that reads:" Here's like Kah Meena. His sword is the sword that will pierce the mists."

References and other love letters are 100% allowed