Why Lock new weapon quests behind crafting?

Rufo.3716

Was looking forward to doing the quests for the weapons. However I have no desire or want to level a craft up to 500. There is absolutely no reason to do this other than to make some people who want to get the weapons angry.

I'm serious Anet, I'd like to know why you did this.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > OR....OOOORRRR..

> > You can use the trading post.

> > Crafting isnt needed

> > problem solved.

>

> You can't buy the lesser vision crystals needed to start the collections. That being said, I have no problem with crafting being required for some things (including this).

Check the edit. I realized not everyone is sitting on stacks of vision crystals

To me crafting should be to make exclusive weapons, armors, or other items. If you are making this a quest then make the weapons craftable and sellable on the trading post.

If you want the crafting aspect of this game to thrive just put desirable items able to be sold on trading post. It angers me that the only way I can get these items is to level up an aspect of the game I really don't want to. They just gated these weapons for no good reason at all. If I had to buy an item that was made by crafters, great, they make money and I don't have to miss out on content.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> Unless by some chance you have absolutely no vision crystals.

>

> You can use the trading post.

> Crafting isnt needed

> problem solved.

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Vision_Crystal

These are account bound. Require crafting to be at 500. You can get a lucky drop out of select bags. You can salvage ascended armor for them. You can’t use the trading post to obtain them.

For the record, I have zero issue with these collections or items, just putting the correct info out there.

This isn't a participation trophy thing or anything. It's about letting all your players be able to get these weapons. If they were for recipes that the crafters could then make and sell, that's fine, everybody can get one some how. How would you feel if Anet locked them behind some kind of aspect of the game you really didn't care to do. I have no problems putting in the time or the effort to do the quests to obtain these weapons. What I have a problem with is them locking it behind an aspect of the game I don't have any desire of doing. Not only that it takes quite a bit of gold to level up a craft.

I don't really get why so many people are calling me a whiner just because I want to be able to participate and get the weapons. I just don't want to be forced to get a craft to 500. I really don't have any desire or want to do it outside of this one task that Anet decided they needed to put behind it. There is no reason for it.

And seriously Kodiak.4213, you don't have to be a jerk about things, and to me, this isn't ridiculous issue, and isn't the solution to how things should be done obvious to you? Don't make these types of things put behind some sort of gate.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > Unless by some chance you have absolutely no vision crystals.

> >

> > You can use the trading post.

> > Crafting isnt needed

> > problem solved.

> >

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Vision_Crystal

>

> These are account bound. Require crafting to be at 500. You can get a lucky drop out of select bags. You can salvage ascended armor for them. You can’t use the trading post to obtain them.

>

> For the record, I have zero issue with these collections or items, just putting the correct info out there.

Sorry my post was unclear. I'll ammend that.

Unless you have none ( vision crystals) from previous acquisition from crafting, salvaging, or luck drops from bags you wont need to have crafting 500 as the other materials you can buy off the trading post.

Is that a bit more clear? Sorry I type sometimes in brain and implications, and that doesnt convey well.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> How would you feel if Anet locked them behind some kind of aspect of the game you really didn't care to do.

There are a lot of things locked behind game aspects I don't care to do, PvP rewards, WvW rewards and so forth. So I shrug it off and don't worry about it. Perhaps if you are so adamant against crafting then these most recent rewards are not for you. Much like the PvP and WvW rewards are not for me. Or should I complain that if I want something only available via PvP or WvW it isn't fair because it is an aspect of the game I really don't care to do? :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Vision_Crystal

"Was obtained by completing Scarlet's End

Contained in:

Fluctuating Mass

Generosity's Reward

Gift from Mawdrey II

Glowing Stone

Gunk-Covered Pellet

Regal Bag of Goods "

You don't need crafting to get them, but it just helps so you don't have to 'get lucky'.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this distribution method. Gw1's contest items were locked behind worse. Did you see what you needed to do to get the Rose focus for Mesmers? Hah!

They could have pulled a PSO1+2 on us and made us go through a specific set of quests and made us choose right the first time or screwed our toons out of an illusive scythe forever.

Sorry if I came off as being a jerk, it's just that way too many of these types of posts pop up far too often when content is released that people worked hard on...and players devalue that work by asking for simplified means of acquisition. I absolutely loathe WvW, but I want legendaries that require gifts of battle. I'm still going to suffer through the 6 or so hours of grinding out the gift because I want to be a part of what makes those items special....and that is the journey that you must endure. I guess i can sympathize with you, we both want things that are locked behind content that we don't feel up to, but demanding answers as to why ANET decided to "gate" it behind certain things is going to get us nowhere. I think a better solution is to the effect of specific critiquing and offering thoughtful alternatives for future consideration.

If you need help with crafting, let me know. I would hate for someone to miss out on these awesome skins because of a little stubbornness. Hit me up in game if you like, i'm online currently on NA. :) Perhaps I'll donate a few things to the cause.

since getting crafting to 500 is actually something that is good for you and should be done anyway, I do not see any problem with it.

I will never get the pvp lamas. You don't see me complain. I will never get the raid lege armor (I complained, because the wvw lege armor is a disappointment in comparism. Also much more time consuming to get. So it should actually be prettier). I will never get some of the achievement out there, because I suck. So some armor and weapon skins will never be mine. That is ok.

But seriously, complaining about crafting? Something you need to do anyway to get good gear? That's... well... not very thoughtfull.